Uber fighters (221+ HP) needed for EU World Boxing Championships!

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
As you may know I am currently putting together the EU World Boxing Championships which starts next weekend.

This thread has all the details: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-boxing-championships-2010-sponsored-fpc.html

When registration closed we only had 5 entrants for the Super Heavyweight class which is for players with 221 HP and above. In order to run the contest as I want to, we need 8 people.

I've therefore re-opened registration for the Super Heavyweight class in an attempt to get the 3 extra people we need.

So I appeal to all of you uber players to join the competition and help to make the tournament as good as it can be - all you need to do is post here with your full avatar name and society (Freelancers are of course welcome too).

Depending on the response I may limit this to only the first 3 people who post, so don't delay, first come first served :)

Well trade me the peds to chip up to 221 hp and i'am boxing my ass off :D

Anyway gl in finding ur 3 heavyweights :yay:

221 and above ... there is a big difference between 222 and 250 and 300 ... sounds like a very big category.

Might be interested but I'm not that far above 221 ...

Uh, yeah, I'm over 221, but not a lot over.

Here's the problem:

James Jimmy Stryker (Warants)
Neo The Famous Trader Sharp (Art of War)
Stoikow Stoikow Mudorow (Warants) 2009 Heavyweight Champion

I know Stryker has 300 health and I'm sure the other two guys are over 250, so unless they have bad lag issues (doubtful) my chances of placing top 3 are practically zero. :(

(it doesn't seem like maneuvering would make much difference)

maybe just ive the super weight a handicap so that it can take part in the other weigh catory.

Lik give the super weigh a tt fist and the lower then 221 hp a smacker one /two .

at 113hp i beat someone with over 250hp the other day, he was having lag problems but still that shows that it is possible :laugh:

even if you lose its fun, and doesn't cost you much, join ubers.

It's free, it's fun, and it will only take a few minutes of your time. Thinking you won't win is no reason not to enter :)

And we've seen a lot of upsets in the past, it's not just about HP and skills, it's also very much about technique.

Reactions: das
I'd say take your chances. There ARE some MAJOR reasons:

1. entrance is FREE
  2. costs are like few PEDs on weapon - that's all
  3. you can win (or at least compete) for some cool stuff
  4. you can meet lots of ppl
  5. you can learn some techniques. They may be usefull when hunting (tricks to increase your chance of evading :)
  6. your opponent can have LAGS or MISS the fight, so that you'll win even if he's waaay better :) (half-serious, but can happen :)

See you there!

It's free, it's fun, and it will only take a few minutes of your time. Thinking you won't win is no reason not to enter :)

And we've seen a lot of upsets in the past, it's not just about HP and skills, it's also very much about technique.

It is not about winning, it is about have a possibility to win ;)
And all the rest is indeed fun.

If there is no diff between 221 and 330 then I'll pass.
Have fun out there !

Atami

ah well just make 3 ppl join and don`t force them to hit back... that way they would only have some evade gains and no costs. :yay:

It is not about winning, it is about have a possibility to win ;)
And all the rest is indeed fun.

If there is no diff between 221 and 330 then I'll pass.
Have fun out there !

Atami

I have to draw the line somewhere for the top category, there isn't really any other way to do it, so yeah 221 and 330 are in the same class.

A few minutes I (189 HP) was a sliver away from being beaten by someone in the Flyweight category (<110 HP), so it may not be as bad as you think :)

I could join heavyweight and middleweight if ya like i promiss i let them struggle for the 1st place ;)

For gods sake, remember the immortal phrase: "It's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts."

Just because you think you can't win, you are saying there is no point in joining? Seriously? You realise what that actually means?
You are refusing to join a FREE event, that costs you nothing at all, and the only exspense is to the people that really actually want to join in, and cannot do so, because you will not. It is you that is disrupting there fun for no real reason at all. So if you already are so sure you will not win, why not just join so that the others are able to take part, don't be so selfish. What have you got to lose?

And besides that even tonight during sparring (I'm Lightweight) I beat someone from Middleweight and Welterweight, and was then defeated by someone from Flyweight. Health Points mean much less than you would expect in this competition. Who knows, you might suprise urself.

Sorry to be mouthy about it, but that particular attitude really bugs me.
*Braces for the -reps*

For gods sake, remember the immortal phrase: "It's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts."

Just because you think you can't win, you are saying there is no point in joining? Seriously? You realise what that actually means?
You are refusing to join a FREE event, that costs you nothing at all, and the only exspense is to the people that really actually want to join in, and cannot do so, because you will not. It is you that is disrupting there fun for no real reason at all. So if you already are so sure you will not win, why not just join so that the others are able to take part, don't be so selfish. What have you got to lose?

And besides that even tonight during sparring (I'm Lightweight) I beat someone from Middleweight and Welterweight, and was then defeated by someone from Flyweight. Health Points mean much less than you would expect in this competition. Who knows, you might suprise urself.

*Braces for the -reps*

Wow, I was not aware that I was practically under an obligation to participate. I guess I'm a bad person for thinking I might find something better to do with my time. :(

Wow, I was not aware that I was practically under an obligation to participate. I guess I'm a bad person for thinking I might find something better to do with my time. :(

This the reason I try to avoid posting while drunk on a Saturday night.

I'm not trying to force you, not at all, it's not ur obligation in any way. I just honestly don't understand the reasoning. If I had 221 HP and joined, only to be pummeled by Star in the first round, I know that no-one would think any worse of me because of it, however maybe the 5 that really wanted to take part would be thankfull that I gave them the opportunity to be able to take part in a competion that they would otherwise not be able to be a part of.

You almost killed me :D It's not about that at all. It's about creating something unique, making EU a special place where something actually happens, people participate, have fun and learn. It's just that most people don't want to participate not because they REALLY DON'T WANT TO, but they refuse to participate because they CAN'T STAND LOSING :) So we're just trying to show that it's not about it at all. This ain't no primary school where ppl laugh at you for losing :p

In short:
- if you don't want to participate because you just don't feel like it, it's ok
- if you don't want to participate because you think you can't win - that's what I don't understand :) easiest way to lose is not to participate, that's my opinion :)

About the HP not-really-counting: I agree. Had a fight with a guy 109 HP (102 HP myself). First I beat him up to like 10% life left for him and around 75% for me and then I started losing and finally won with like 5% life :) Technique, skills (like evade and so), fun, tactics, good graphics settings and a decent internet connection - that's what counts besides HP :)

peace. :smoke:

Last edited:
This the reason I try to avoid posting while drunk on a Saturday night.

I'm not trying to force you, not at all, it's not ur obligation in any way. I just honestly don't understand the reasoning. If I had 221 HP and joined, only to be pummeled by Star in the first round, I know that no-one would think any worse of me because of it, however maybe the 5 that really wanted to take part would be thankfull that I gave them the opportunity to be able to take part in a competion that they would otherwise not be able to be a part of.

You almost killed me :D It's not about that at all. It's about creating something unique, making EU a special place where something actually happens, people participate, have fun and learn. It's just that most people don't want to participate not because they REALLY DON'T WANT TO, but they refuse to participate because they CAN'T STAND LOSING :) So we're just trying to show that it's not about it at all. This ain't no primary school where ppl laugh at you for losing :p

In short:
- if you don't want to participate because you just don't feel like it, it's ok
- if you don't want to participate because you think you can't win - that's what I don't understand :) easiest way to lose is not to participate, that's my opinion :)

About the HP not-really-counting: I agree. Had a fight with a guy 109 HP (102 HP myself). First I beat him up to like 10% life left for him and around 75% for me and then I started losing and finally won with like 5% life :) Technique, skills (like evade and so), fun, tactics, good graphics settings and a decent internet connection - that's what counts besides HP :)

peace. :smoke:

If I couldn't stand losing, I wouldn't be playing this game. ;)

You are making comparisons mostly between players who are closer in category/health. Realize that Stryker has almost 80 more health than I do, and two others probably not far behind. That's a lot. For this to be fun for me, I would want there to be at a somewhat decent chance I could place. Being at a disadvantage is fine, almost assured annihilation is not. :) I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this, as the prizes are nice and there are quite a few players over 221 health, but they aren't joining.

I'll give a tip for next time. 215-225 health is where a lot of players plateau. It gets pretty difficult after that area without chipping. So maybe next time make a 200/210-250 category. Then have a 250+ category. I think you would get a lot more players in that 200-250 range if they didn't have to go against 300 health monsters. :)

I'm pretty sure I get your point, I was saying absolutely the same. BUT :)

I was using this argument to REANIMATE super heavyweight. People wouldn't join SHW because 1 guy has 300 HP. So Oleg resigned from this category and joined it with Heavyweight. The problem is that it creates even bigger HP spread :p

Or he would have to kick the most skilled players out of championship tournament for... being too good? :p I guess that's what tournaments are about! One way or another - someone gets sc***ed ^^

OK, so there's a guy who has 300 HP. And what about the runner-ups? 3rd place? Chance to know people? Watch-n-learn some evading techniques? :) Because if you can evade player from hitting you, you might do that while hunting as well.

And there's the fight I had today. Me (102HP) vs Goose (109HP).
After first seconds: Me 85-75% life vs Goose 15-25% life
In the end: I won with like 5% left (because I just couldn't hit him :) probably kind of a lag, cause there were like no sounds or anything)

So as you can see, I dealt around 85 dmg while getting 20 dmg, so I was 60 HP ahead :) Meaning: I dealt 4 times as much damage as I have taken.
Otherwords: you CAN (theoretically) defeat a guy who has 4 times as much HP as you do. 150% of your HP is possible then without a question.

BTW: It's not that I'm convincing you, if you're sure you don't want to participate that's cool, but I'm saying for the sake of conversation and maybe other people who might change their mind :)

FORGOT TO MENTION: I ain't even close to maxing TT powerfirst :)

Last edited:
Even if you don't win.. there are STILL runner up prizes.

I'll give a tip for next time. 215-225 health is where a lot of players plateau. It gets pretty difficult after that area without chipping. So maybe next time make a 200/210-250 category. Then have a 250+ category. I think you would get a lot more players in that 200-250 range if they didn't have to go against 300 health monsters. :)

That plateau is one of the reasons why I chose 220 as the top limit for Heavyweight. Perhaps I could raise it a bit next year but that isn't going to solve the problem of not enough Super Heavyweights. If anything it would just make it worse.

*Braces for the -reps*

Respect my opinion and I'll respect yours.
You try to force me in, I'm out for sure now !

As I said, have fun ... next time I won't even post anymore to share my questions before I decide to join.

Uh, yeah, I'm over 221, but not a lot over.

Here's the problem:

James Jimmy Stryker (Warants)
Neo The Famous Trader Sharp (Art of War)
Stoikow Stoikow Mudorow (Warants) 2009 Heavyweight Champion

I know Stryker has 300 health and I'm sure the other two guys are over 250, so unless they have bad lag issues (doubtful) my chances of placing top 3 are practically zero. :(

(it doesn't seem like maneuvering would make much difference)

Do it for fun??

no fun having no chance with a 280-300 hp guy...

I said it last year or the year before, I'd join if you couldn't use the run and jump buttons. 300 hp avatars can just run away if they are losing. I understand you don't just want a slugfest based upon hp only but it seems too easy to get away if you are in trouble. Good luck to all competing. :)

P.S. I may be out of town anyway.

Alright Atami, I throw down the gauntlet to you if you want to pick it up.

I've been looking forward to this comp all year, but I'm willing to drop out of it altogether if you can prove me wrong.
If I were to choose someone with over 100HP less than you, who I think could beat you, and then that person does so, would you admit that it's really not just about HP? Or at the very least if that person gave you a run for your money?
If your not convinced, then I will withdraw from the comp altogether.

I've been looking forward to this comp all year, but I'm willing to drop out of it altogether if you can prove me wrong.
If I were to choose someone with over 100HP less than you, who I think could beat you, and then that person does so, would you admit that it's really not just about HP? Or at the very least if that person gave you a run for your money?

Hmmm I would so love to see this: 120hp vs 220 hp tt fist match! This challenge needs own thread. Cmone Atami pls say yes))

Posted via Mobile Device

Hmmm I would so love to see this: 120hp vs 220 hp tt fist match! This challenge needs own thread. Cmone Atami pls say yes))

Posted via Mobile Device

Looking forward to see how this pans out :)

Posted via Mobile Device

He's a lot less than 120HP.

*Edit* - OK, got a message from who ur challanger would be, and he is willing to go for it. I'll set a couple of ground rules that you are perfectly within your rights to modify if you so wish...

1 - This fight will be purely a "charity" match that has nothing to do with the competion itself. It's main point is to make people understand that a huge difference in HP is really not the be all and end all.

2 - This fight must take place before next weekend, hence before the tourny starts for real.

3 - Although u are most likely to win, the reason behind it is simply to illistrate to you, and to anyone else not joining the Super-Heavy weights that they are choosing the wrong reason not to do so, and hopefully change some minds.

4 - My withdrawel from the competion only takes place if it is as one sided as you believe it will be with you vs Stokiow, or anyone else that has such a huge gap in HP as you and the person I have selected to fight against you.

The person I have asked has agreed with Gently that this pre-tourny event should get it's own thread....but I leave it all up to you....what do you say?

Last edited:

Sorry, thx for the offer but I'm not buying this type of reasoning :lolup:

Of course it is not only about HP, but it is one of the parameters !!
If it weren't then there would not be classes in the first place.
No match will make me change my mind, whatever the outcome would be.

I have my view on things and I'll be sticking to my view.
So I'll use my 228 HP for killing mobs ;)

Withdraw from the competition on the behalf of someone else would be considered as not very intelligent.

Again, have fun !!!

Atami over and out

Withdraw from the competition on the behalf of someone else would be considered as not very intelligent.

I'm willing to risk my own chances so that others may be able to take part, and we are running out of time to make this work.

So if not Atami, Xen? Would you pick up the gauntlet? I already asked my Uber friends but sadly the 2 main ones fall just short of 220 HP.

Back