Version Update 10.2 Content List

That's a nice VU MA/FPC... :yay:

Now we have almost come a full circle back to where we where before the implimentation of CE2... :D

So now is the time that we can expect new content, new ideas, new storylines, etc that will make established players say "hell yeah" and make new arrivals say "I like this place, I think I'll stick around"...:wtg:

Should I be holding my breath?:rolleyes:

First update since VU 10 I've been excited about. Weee :)

This is the update I've been waiting for!! :D
Sweating, teaming, programmable mouse buttons, oh my!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm currious, has refining changed ?

I have made ME before since the start of this VU,
noticed then I could only refine 5k at one time.

Today however this seems to have dropped to below 1k. :scratch2:
When I tried to refine over 1k it failed every time.
I used an MatterTransformer MT-103.

Anyone else had this problem ?

First off great job on this update. It had everything you promised, and there are no major bugs. Keep up the good work MA, and FPC!

Also I am just wondering is there any ETA on planets, or 10.3 yet? It is probably too soon, but even something along the lines of not till next year is fine.

Thanks

Bop till you drop!

:laugh:

So I see the Sci-Fi guy you hired didn't like the idea behind sweating? You do realize that no concentraion will positively flood the market, and make bottin easier (no need to waste ME bubbling.)

You're kidding about "Botting" Right?

:laugh:

So I see the Sci-Fi guy you hired didn't like the idea behind sweating? You do realize that no concentraion will positively flood the market, and make bottin easier (no need to waste ME bubbling.)

Are you serious or are you joking?

Actually I feel with the way the new sweat gun works, it does require concentration at least to pull the trigger, plus the fact that you have to move with the target mob in question in order to get a 'lock on' to accquire sweat. (No mob will stand around and take the abuse mind you) So this actually defeats "Botting" as you call it because someone will have to move the mouse in order to track the mob in question or fail to accquire sweat with a failed attempt

It's as simple as that.

Ben Coyote A.K.A. "The Blind Sniper"

Hi everyone, I'm currious, has refining changed ?

I have made ME before since the start of this VU,
noticed then I could only refine 5k at one time.

Today however this seems to have dropped to below 1k. :scratch2:
When I tried to refine over 1k it failed every time.
I used an MatterTransformer MT-103.

Anyone else had this problem ?

Yes, although when refining 3k I did OK.

There is a minor bug in the programming for the refining of ME; when you put in 1000 units of each ingredient you get 1001 ME out - at least with the TT refiner. Perhaps it's connected with that.

There is a minor bug in the programming for the refining of ME; when you put in 1000 units of each ingredient you get 1001 ME out - at least with the TT refiner. Perhaps it's connected with that.

Afaik, that's (or was) due to the system rounding your *balance* since we only see two decimals while the system works with five decimals. Usually when I was shown 1001 ME in refiner UI, it resulted still clean 1k.

Great VU!
Now my avatar is so exhausted and sweaty by testing all new things that he wants to sit and lie down to rest a bit. *hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge* MA ;)

I thought this was because 1000 nexus(1000pec tt) + 1000 sweat(1pec tt) = 1001pec tt

Nice (and loooong waited update); my two favorite things got fixed: mouse-only navigation and auto-aim :yay:.

I must say I like this 10.2! :)
The few bugs I have found doesnt bother me at all!
It feels better and better!

Gj programmers! :)

Is it true that the new Teaming System allows only up to 4 team members??
I didn't get a chance to login yet but I've heared such rumor. This would suck ass... What about the best socializing events such as PowerFist events, etc..

Can anyone confirm??

Good that sweating is back. It was a community event that brought a lot of people together.

Don't really mind that the most you can get in one pull now seems to be only 4 rather than the previous 22. This can help the cost of sweat go up.

But what is TERRIBLE and needs to be reviewed is the loss of target.

This can happen when someone else stands between you and the mob, when another mob moves in between you and the mob you are trying to sweat. This makes it kind of HARD to keep a lock when mobs are always moving around each other.

I propose use the same style as before, once you are pulling sweat from the mob, the stream will follow that mob whereever.

But what is TERRIBLE and needs to be reviewed is the loss of target.

This can happen when someone else stands between you and the mob, when another mob moves in between you and the mob you are trying to sweat. This makes it kind of HARD to keep a lock when mobs are always moving around each other.

I propose use the same style as before, once you are pulling sweat from the mob, the stream will follow that mob whereever.

I'm afraid I can't disagree more.
Keeping the beam pointed at the mob is one of the few thigns that hinders fully automatic sweating. Otherwise making a bot is way too easy.
Also, it forces the user to stay focused on the activity, which adds a challenge and makes it more "fun".
If you find it too hard, then it will be necessary to change tactic, and people who can't do that are just mindless bots and im afraid they dont have any problemsolving skills... :scratch2:

(another point, but not the major advantage imo: If you get pissed off by this feature, then you stop sweating, and so less sweat on the market and bigger sweat prices :yay:)

I'm afraid I can't disagree more.
Keeping the beam pointed at the mob is one of the few thigns that hinders fully automatic sweating. Otherwise making a bot is way too easy.
Also, it forces the user to stay focused on the activity, which adds a challenge and makes it more "fun".
If you find it too hard, then it will be necessary to change tactic, and people who can't do that are just mindless bots and im afraid they dont have any problemsolving skills... :scratch2:

(another point, but not the major advantage imo: If you get pissed off by this feature, then you stop sweating, and so less sweat on the market and bigger sweat prices :yay:)

I'm not saying it's the perfect solution. But wait till more people start sweating more. People and mobs running in and around other mobs. Each time that happens, you lose your target for just that brief amount of time.

Tactics has nothing to do with it when you CANNOT control what other people or mobs do. The way it is, will make sweating in groups or around other people a pain in the ass.

Yeah, "more fun." :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it's the perfect solution. But wait till more people start sweating more. People and mobs running in and around other mobs. Each time that happens, you lose your target for just that brief amount of time.

Tactics has nothing to do with it when you CANNOT control what other people or mobs do. The way it is, will make sweating in groups or around other people a pain in the ass.

Yeah, "more fun." :rolleyes:

tactics DO have something to do with it.
As you say, sweating in group becomes more difficult. But sweating in group IS a tactic (if you dont agree its ok, but in my eyes its a tactic)
That means switching tactic to sweating in smaller groups might get you more sweat. If this is the case, then sweat in smaller groups or alone (no mobs running away...)
I'm not saying it will be as easy as it used to, but only the sun comes up for free :)

(I hope i made my point, and i have nothing to add)

tactics DO have something to do with it.
As you say, sweating in group becomes more difficult. But sweating in group IS a tactic (if you dont agree its ok, but in my eyes its a tactic)
That means switching tactic to sweating in smaller groups might get you more sweat. If this is the case, then sweat in smaller groups or alone (no mobs running away...)
I'm not saying it will be as easy as it used to, but only the sun comes up for free :)

(I hope i made my point, and i have nothing to add)

Your point needs some sharpening :)

Try sweating, and thinking big picture to understand the full scope of the situation first eh?

First keeping mobs from running away or whatever is all the A.I. or A.S. whichever way you look at it. There is no reason to the way mobs behave.

With the current way of and ease of having a stream broken (loss of target) it will make swamp camp and neas impossible once more people start sweating again.

Today was only about 15-20 people. Think back (if you've ever been there) in the past with 60-70 or more people at neas, people and mobs running all over. It will be a constant breaking of the streams (loss of target). Swamp camp loaded with nubs and mobs running to and fro will be much worse. I'm all for challenge, but am about keeping things sensible as well.

Has nothing to do with a person keeping their reticle (target pointer) pointed at the mob, i have no problem with that, but the blocking of the streams even for an instant and causing loss of target for sweating is a problem.

As more people start sweating again, it will become even more evident, I'm just fortunate enough to see things like that without needing the tangible evidence.

Sweating in packs was one of the LAST fun community activities there was. Keep that thinking and watch that one die as well.

Try sweating, and thinking big picture to understand the full scope of the situation first eh?

First keeping mobs from running away or whatever is all the A.I. or A.S. whichever way you look at it. There is no reason to the way mobs behave.

With the current way of and ease of having a stream broken (loss of target) it will make swamp camp and neas impossible once more people start sweating again.

Today was only about 15-20 people. Think back (if you've ever been there) in the past with 60-70 or more people at neas, people and mobs running all over. It will be a constant breaking of the streams (loss of target). Swamp camp loaded with nubs and mobs running to and fro will be much worse. I'm all for challenge, but am about keeping things sensible as well.

Has nothing to do with a person keeping their reticle (target pointer) pointed at the mob, i have no problem with that, but the blocking of the streams even for an instant and causing loss of target for sweating is a problem.

As more people start sweating again, it will become even more evident, I'm just fortunate enough to see things like that without needing the tangible evidence.

Sweating in packs was one of the LAST fun community activities there was. Keep that thinking and watch that one die as well.

Forming a "swunt" team of around 12 people standing in a tight circle around an Ambulimax seems to work well.

It's survival of the wittiest and all about employing the right tactics (as it always should have been).

;)

Today was only about 15-20 people. Think back (if you've ever been there) in the past with 60-70 or more people at neas, people and mobs running all over.

I fully agree they have taken the fun out of the only really fun free group social activity... that actually had a visully exciting dynamic.... This device is a sad lame pathetic replacment for the sweating mindforce ritual and it's effect... truth is as a new player this device approach would have bored me to death. It was only the sweating ritual that made the play interesting and even finding Nea's wothwhile... and having fun with others in totally visually exciting environment... which, if attempted now, as the Shew correctly, indightfully, and clairvoyently points out... will be nothing but a bitch fest of people being pissed off at one another...

I think FPC has lost the plot altogether and this piece of junk it is the prime example... of listening to so called ubers, whiner's, miner's... hunter's and others complaints on this forum. IMHO Lame unimaginatives who spent tons of post downgrading sweating as boring activity... well now it is as boring meaningless and repetitive in the worst clicking way... as their puffed up macho egos falsely described it to be...

Last edited:
I fully agree they have taken the fun out of the only really fun free group social activity... that actually had a visully exciting dynamic.... This device is a sad lame pathetic replacment for the sweating mindforce ritual and it's effect... truth is as a new player it would have bored me to death and it was only the sweating ritual that made the play interesting and finding Nea's wothwhile... and having fun with others in totally visually exciting environment... which if attempted now as the Shew correctly, indightfully, and clairvoyently points out... will be nothing but a bitch fest of people being pissed off at one another...

I think FPC has lost the plot altogether and this piece of junk it is the prime example... of listening to so called ubers, whiner's, miner's... hunter's and others complaints on this forum. Lame asses who spent tons of post downgrading sweating as boring activity... well now it is as boring meaningless and repetitive in the worst clicking way... as your puffed up egos falsely described it to be...

..and here i thought doing a 5-10k run of dampers was boring. At least this way your getting attacked by something. Sorry still not the most boring thing out there.

Switching on auto-use tool helps immensely; it makes the job slightly faster and less repetitive. However, the beam-breaking business is a serious problem, in places like Swamp where there are big spawns of mobs that constantly move around each other. It may well be less of a problem in places like Nea's where the number of mobs is smaller - but two points here; real noobs just off the shuttle don't have Nea's Place as a TP, and there have been many complaints that the landowners of Nea's are losing revenue because of all the noobs running ambus to the turret and therefore using up fertiliser for no benefit.

Do the people here really want to have even more noobs ruining hunting for those that hunt in Nea's?

I suppose that killing most of the combibo spawn at Swamp to make it easier for the sweaters might work - but first, who is going to do it, and secondly they spawn extremely fast, so it isn't going to work for very long when whoever is doing it stops.

Actually, the area just north of PA with the exarosaur spawn is probably a better bet for sweating, now, but habits are hard to break.

I'm unable to map mouse buttons 3-5, they show in the gui, but will not allow me to change them...

Make sure you mouse software isn't already mapping them elsewhere.

The logitech setpoint software remaps buttons before it even gets to EU so it doesn't appear to work. For instance pressing on the wheel on a MS mouse will allow us to rotate a view point or item but the default setting in setpoint blocks it unless you return it to a 'generic button'

I love the right click to auto close in on the unlooted carcass...Cool stuff! MA You are getting better everyday. Keep up the good work and I may be back in business soon. ;)

and by the way...The sweating tool is ok...It seems like there may be limitations to creating avatar animations within cryengine. If that is a fact then we may just have to deal with boring animations on teleports and sweating. If not...then it`s just a matter of time....I,m sure they`d have a team of monkeys working on it.

Last edited:
I like the new sweat tool, and I like the idea of more successes per minute but in smaller amounts. I also like the idea of the FPS feel when using the new sweat tool -- but only if a player chooses to play this way.

The beam-breaking issue becomes problematic, especially when sweating small mobs as people run around, and mobs run in front of you. It's also a problem at times at Nea's. I used to sweat in third person, which was important to see who's around you and if they needed to be healed or if other mobs were around. We need this freedom as we used to have it. No one should be "forced" to play a specific way in which one thinks is suitable for themselves. This is what makes the world go round. People have different opinions.

We need to be able to lock on target as before, and have 'Move To Target when Interacting' work as it did in VU 9.4. You can drag the heath bar off an Ambu for example, and click it with the mouse button and 'Move To Target when Interacting' works only if no avatars or other mobs are between you and the creature. Hotkeys don't work with this feature, but the left mouse button does. I want the hotkey feature back. I hope to see these features back in the next VU!

Last edited:
I've tried the new sweat tool, a bit annoying as it only seems to have an animation when it succeeds in getting sweat so when it doesn't it just looks like nothing happened. I miss the old animation.

Back