Version Update 10.5 Content List

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
PLANET CALYPSO VERSION UPDATE 10.5
2009-12-10

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

NEW AND RETURNED FUNCTIONALITY

• Ticket event system is back and improved
  • As before, events can be set up at event managers or at the claim marker
  • Tickets are sold at the event managers or at the claim marker
  • New settings: Disable SatNav and Max Health
  • Upcoming events can now be found in a global Event list where you can see events and information about them (such as rules, prizes, participants etc) by area
  • The global event list can be found in the Action Menu under System-Main-Event List
  • There’s an icon for the Event list in the action library
  • If there are tickets remaining one hour before an event starts, an announcement is made in the Event channel of the Main chat
  • The winner of an event will be announced in the Event channel
FIXED ISSUES

Sound Issues

• Fixed distance parameter for teleport, revive and death sound effects
  • Broadcaster sound distance reduced
  • Music volume setting now works correctly
  • Corrected sound cone for some ad screen models
  • Decoys no longer bleats forever if the decoy is dropped on the ground
Chat GUI Issues

• Fixed issue where when losing private chat focus, you could not press enter to start main chat
  • Chat logs now shows correct recipient of private messages
  • Fixed issue where you could not select input channel if the main chat GUI was set as small as possible
Land Area Settings Issues

• Public Event Area, PvP and SatNav settings can be changed in Land Area Settings as often as wanted
  • SatNav can be disabled in Land Area Settings
GUI Issues

• Improved readability of the name over the health bar
  • Item flags (like M, F, C, PC etc) are again aligned to the left of inventory icons
  • In Item Info, Personal Avatar again shows the equipped items in tree view
  • The icon “Unequip all” is no longer gone from Personal Avatar
  • Drop shadow added to item count to make it easier to read
  • Death teleport GUI no longer steals focus
Miscellaneous Issues

• Fixed issues with particle effects constantly increasing at some objects
  • Fixed exploit of getting sweating skill from under-water creatures

Originally Posted Here

jippie ........

Decoys no longer bleats forever if the decoy is dropped on the ground
and i thought the bleating belongs to the mating ritual of the auctioneers :(

to bad no tier´s now :rolleyes:

lol

yay for no more sheep! that was driving me mad....the sounds would start palying songs in my head.

nice, events are back ;)

* deleted *

Last edited:
Awesome to see the event system back.

With the Radar options a NEW Era is born.

Land areas can been radar-free! :D

Combine that with PVP, and some VERY nice events can occur now. :yay:

What the hell is the option align sat nav with camera ?

Land areas can been radar-free! :D

Combine that with PVP, and some VERY nice events can occur now. :yay:

And also it looks like there is a setting for max health allowed, so you can set up events for players below a certain health level only.

And also it looks like there is a setting for max health allowed, so you can set up events for players below a certain health level only.

Ah yes. Forgot that part too. :yay:

Everything is fine but... Hell no, EU World is not ready for a search in auction yet. We gotta wait next generation technology :)

Keep on MA!

keep up the good work MA!

Could be I read it as setting a max health so that even if u have more HP u will be capped?

I hope it is alike that it be fucking awesome to have opalo events with everyone at 1 hp..

There is a FPC PvP event on the board when you log in... LA 51... great prizes...

Wish I could actually PvP..:laugh:

What the hell is the option align sat nav with camera ?

the radar can be aligned with your avatar (that's how it was before) or with the camera (in 3rd person view), so now if you click and drag the mouse wheel, the radar turns with the camera.

Could be I read it as setting a max health so that even if u have more HP u will be capped?

I hope it is alike that it be fucking awesome to have opalo events with everyone at 1 hp..

I think that's less likely, but possible. We'll find out soon enough.

:wtg:
Can someone who's been in-game already start a thread in the Event section detailing all the changes? What are the chances there's a bit more than what's listed?

Can someone who's been in-game already start a thread in the Event section detailing all the changes? What are the chances there's a bit more than what's listed?

I'd also like to know if the event leaderboard now shows more than just the Top3 players ? :) Would be great!

Hm.. nice i think :)

/Arwen

Fixed distance parameter for teleport, revive and death sound effects

kind of leaves me confused here.. second part is clearly Sound related fix but first part? Could it really be teleport accuracy fix for hilli areas?:scratch2:

Looks like much better Changelog than last one (remember kitchen sink fixed???-come on)

I just thought it was the Scottish National Anthem on streaming audio. :)

dam where did the sheep go lol...pvp event with all caped at 1 and then oppalos...be nice:)
:yay:

great we can do events again....zaps set some up will ya:)

How about i just add a few here that i noticed....

Prize options:
Positions paid are now 1st,2nd and 3rd.
Accumulate ammo/deterioration.
Accumulate loot (this could be lucrative).

Restrictions can be...
No ranged weapons
No melee weapons
No FAPS
HP limit
No radar

Winners decided by:
Most Votes.
Most pvp points.
Highest loot
Most loot.

Also you can join events from the global event list rather than actually going to the LA marker (rightclick/main/event list)

And you can set up your own stream for them now by adding the stream url to the event manager which I assume will play it in game which is a nice touch.

thats just a few I can remember off the top of my head.

Fixed distance parameter for teleport, revive and death sound effects

kind of leaves me confused here.. second part is clearly Sound related fix but first part? Could it really be teleport accuracy fix for hilli areas?:scratch2:

Looks like much better Changelog than last one (remember kitchen sink fixed???-come on)

nope... I was noticing i was hearing peoples death tp's across the whole radar at the rig.

Very very nice list. Keep it up guys...

decent update guys, keep em coming :)

Back