Version Update 10.6 Content List

Not all aspects of the system has been discovered in the last six hours.

so there might be other ways to upgrade? :silly2:

seriously Marco, having to use a second item is bollocks :eek:

Nah, I just drove home, had a later dinner, fondled my gf, walked the dog and came back to EF. =D

Also: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2216343-post32.html

Do you actually expect a sane person to try to tier up even an item with, say, 2k ped markup, with 5% chance of loosing it?

I understand such situation would be profitable for you (at least from perspective of forcing some people stocking some items), but did you took in account if it is reasonable?

Also, one stupid question: an item tier 9.9 requires as ingredient how many items identical to itself and are those items of a particular mandatory tier? I.e. maddox 4 tier 9.9 would need to go to tier 10 nine other maddox 4 or 1 other maddox 4? The ingredient can be any tier or must be same tier with upgraded item?

Do you actually expect a sane person to try to tier up even an item with, say, 2k ped markup, with 5% chance of loosing it?

The option is there for those who want to. If you don't want to do it, then don't. You don't lose anything from not upgrading an UnL item, other than the option to customize the item. It's stats hasn't changed - it is still the same item as it was before. The difference is now that there is more choice.

I understand such situation would be profitable for you (at least from perspective of

Also, one stupid question: an item tier 9.9 requires as ingredient how many items identical to itself and are those items of a particular mandatory tier? I.e. maddox 4 tier 9.9 would need to go to tier 10 nine other maddox 4 or 1 other maddox 4? The ingredient can be any tier or must be same tier with upgraded item?

One item of the same kind as the item being upgraded. That item can have any Tier.

So let me get this right I need to risk using a second Genesis Firefly to upgrade tier on my knife? If there is a 5% chance of loosing the second knife each attempt to tier up and 50% failure rate then there is a 10% chance ill loose the second knife each tier level?

Heck I don't mind a bunch of expensive components etc maybe 1000 peds or more to tier up my weapon, I can slowly save and work towards each leveling. But to gamble loosing 30,000 Peds each time I want to tier up is a joke.

Please at least make it so you can use a L version of unlimited sibs in the ingredients even if it has to be full tt. Rather know that It will cost me 1000-2000 peds to level up then have to gamble with 30,000 peds.

so there might be other ways to upgrade? :silly2:

seriously Marco, having to use a second item is bollocks :eek:

Wow Foe you were the last person i thought i would hear this from but i agree mate. I have had godawful returns for over 1 month now, max 60% back tt return on bombs/ammo used on maxed equipment. Not sure what is happening tbh but really me and my housemate Stilton have both been amazed at how bad my loot has been.
All this tier business has made me uninstall, and i may come back after new year. Seriously wtf is going on i used to be able to play off a depo, last run 6 ped lyst back from 39 bombs ffs get real MA!!!

The option is there for those who want to. If you don't want to do it, then don't.

so you have created a system that you then discourage people from using? :confused:

its NOT an option for people to risk tens of thousands of markup on a single click. what was the point?

The option is there for those who want to. .

That is a JOKE. i want it . my blade is UNIQUE, wtf can i do???? and even if it was not unique, u think it's normal that i have to pay 20k$ to buy an other one JUST to upgrade mineto level 1????? so what for level 2???????????? GOD come back on the planet FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and U dont even stick at that absurdity, there is even a 5% chance to lose that other 20k$ just for an upgrade to a level 1????????? there is no word here

The option is there for those who want to. If you don't want to do it, then don't.

Thanks for the other answers, but this question you misunderstood. I will reformulate:

Do you expect any EU player to actually use this feature on any item with markup higher than, say, 2k peds?

Wow Foe you were the last person i thought i would hear this from but i agree mate.

As I usually say... MA/FPC/players should use me as a canary...

If I leave/critizise Entropia, it is bad :laugh:

Havent logged on yet to examine tier system first hand.

Did read the full thread doing a little research.

As far as I can see it seems to have some great ideas to me.

What I cannot understand is why someone would really need to tier a mod fap :scratch2:

Now my old 2600 yes yes :yay:

Without realling knowing the effects or gains from the tier system my thoughts would be that,

High end items do not need tiering really. Lower end items definetly a yes.

Therefore a lot of players will be improving their lower end items and those with the modfaps etc will be or should be happy with what they have.

Eg. if i can tier up and enhance my ul fap it will save me purchasing the next (L) version above it. This will apply to lot of items I would think.

Too early to know yet but I think I like it.

Jung

Ammunition value has been divided by 100 - where you got 100 BLP ammo per ped before, you now get 10,000

Its over NINETHOUSAAANNNDDD !!! Seriously, wtf ?

Ammo burn is multiplied by 100 - if your ammo burn was 7 before this update, it's 700 now

A Jungle Stalker will burn 20x100 ammos per click. Thats 2000 rounds per click... go go go, realistic ftw...

What...why did you even consider such an...idea... ??? :rolleyes:

Ah yes :
In order to make ammunition consumption to work with the Item Enhancement, the following changes have been made:

Fantastic...Grade A improvement...we really needed that !:silly:

Big flop if it stay's the same:

- L items you burn in a decent run and you need to start over again.

- What sane person is going to risk an decent ul gun to upgrade to tier 1?? 50%chance of failure so on avg you need 2 attempts and on each attempt you have 5% of loosing you 30k-400k item lol.... Thing just keep getting better

gl with the tier system, guess it'll take a while before we have a first decent tier 1.0 ul item lol

The option is there for those who want to. If you don't want to do it, then don't. You don't lose anything from not upgrading an UnL item, other than the option to customize the item. It's stats hasn't changed - it is still the same item as it was before. The difference is now that there is more choice

I`m sorry but MA/FPC have spent a time and money on system/content that wont be used much and wont be used at all on UL items (except on items like opalo and items with low MU (max +200 imo) and can be looted regular).

Tiers for L items dont seems any kind of so cool and attractive as L item die as soon as TT is out, short term boost for L item is nothing so special.

I dont know economical/logic and any other reason why upgrade for UL item need an second UL item.

I bet tiers up to level 3 dont really improve item a lot, so my UL Mashser One or Cutter One wont get 3 times better when it get upgraded 3 times and i have gambled 3 times with another UL items to have those upgrades.

I bet there was other way to make "gambling" in upgrade and to prevent other item upgrade with recipe it self by including some special almost non-drop components in recipe to prevent them from upgrade (ModMerc ModFap, imk2 and etc).

Marco why don't you adjust the sytem so that the 5% risk is to reduce the TT of the second item to 0 peds and not loose the item?

I think that is a risk even though pricey I could live with.

There is an even bigger issue than having to use a second similar item for upgrade; let's say I have enough PED, and I'm willing to loose some ;)...
Let's say I have an EWE 41 Military, and I upgrade the gun to Tier 1... successfully, which is going to cost me about 800PED (for example).
I then choose to enhance the Ammo usage; what would I get to make it worth 800PED? If I get a 2 (well... I mean 200) ammo reduction... hmmm... I think it's OK.
But, if I get 10 ammo reduction (which would be 0.1)? What then?
This is very confusing as it is now, although I'm sure that there is more to come; needless to say... I won't "enhance" anything in the near future.

I understand Marco's "take it or leave it" attitude, but I fail to understand the reason behind it.

triplefacepalm.jpg

Does anything else need to be said?
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/8/1/9/triplefacepalm.jpg

lolololololololol!!!

Thanks MA, now I know I can sell my PC without hesitiation. Fresh money for Xmas.

LOL EU gets even more stupid with every VU. How about switching it off guys and rethinking again from a scratch? And make sure you do some reality check in the process...

omg i think i will stop playing for a weak or so.... loot is like hell less then 50%
never had such bad returns....

Can we sell a tiered weapon?

Marco,
My last post was all joke, but this is a serious question. What does it mean that there is no pvp trades of a tiered item. If we upgrade we can never sell it? :scratch2:

the whole new tier system is another gambling slot machine. it seems designed to provide micro decay everywhere. how much ammo is going to be be TT for zero value to people who dont even out the ammo stacks? also i dont like how the bigger ammo icons and larger numbers seemed designed to make you think your loot isnt bad on a run. bad enough 10-15% ammo is normal in loot to get you to spend it in the same hunt with usually less return.

same with some the new crafting materials. ok nice idea to give us a no value item instead of a no looter, but we still have no looters at what seems like the usual rate...

I was happy when i heard that MA was working on a way to reduce no looters. i thought perhaps normalize the loot distribution, smaller ATH, more spread out loot, etc. instead we have a system that is probably going to end up costing every player more

anyway, these my initial impressions, i still hold out some hope that things will work out ok. i just hope it doesnt cost me more than it already does to be in this game.

I was excited about this new system until I hit .9 and found this...

50% sucess rate?? and after about 500ped ammo cycled today I have a total of 27 Blazar so does this mean its going to cost big $$ to upgrade any unlimted weapon?? cause this seems unreasonable to me for a 50% chance:scratch2:

miners

then will us miners get sockes for are stuff as well?

A common theme I see is that the tt value of loot means quite a bit to people. The new loot system attempts to make up for this with items that will inherit value from the market created around them.

I could see how this might seem like a great business case, but poor value to the player who ultimately is only owed the tt value of their inventory.

(L) items are auto-upgraded :wise:

Which means what?? I have a tier 1 S30 and a new S30 in storage and I can see no diffs in the spects except the numbers across from the different tiers of the left. Do I have to put the enhancer and socket in the I box to make it different or what.

This is about as bad as it gets for instruction, or and I hope, is there instructions somewhere that I have missed?
Peace.

There has been a total of 29 posts by Marco and Frank today...

About 20-25 has been about the VU, and most of them has been about the enhanchers/tiers...

I don't know Frank but he must have made about 22 of the post because I just went through all the posts I only saw 6 or 7 from Marco.
Peace.

MA Algebra

BOHICA* people......

*Bow-he-ka - Bend Over Here It Comes Again :eek:

Back