Version Update 10.6 Content List

So, enhancing uber gear is out of the question and noob gear makes no sense, enhanced nothing is nothing but a faster MkII... yeah I might try that.

First you use the item - $

Then you upgrade the teir - $$

then you put enhancers in the new slot for that teir - $$$

Bohica is right :rolleyes:

im just amazed marco quoted me- eco be damned... im set now. GL all.

There is an even bigger issue than having to use a second similar item for upgrade; let's say I have enough PED, and I'm willing to loose some ;)...
Let's say I have an EWE 41 Military, and I upgrade the gun to Tier 1... successfully, which is going to cost me about 800PED (for example).
I then choose to enhance the Ammo usage; what would I get to make it worth 800PED? If I get a 2 (well... I mean 200) ammo reduction... hmmm... I think it's OK.
But, if I get 10 ammo reduction (which would be 0.1)? What then?
This is very confusing as it is now, although I'm sure that there is more to come; needless to say... I won't "enhance" anything in the near future.

I understand Marco's "take it or leave it" attitude, but I fail to understand the reason behind it.

I am confused also. It there somewhere that states one of the tiers has an ammo reduction? The only thing that I have seen memtioned is enhanced distance and accuracy. Maybe I missed it, which for me is easy to do:scratch2:.
Peace.

To be honest after calming down i think will be ok for low mark up stuff like i use, you get 95% tt back so not a biggy. For high mark up stuff i dread the first MM going pop and can understand concern by current owners. Maybe there will be a re-assessment by MA on this, but perhaps that is the idea, that it is a big risk.

As a general idea i really like enhancers as a concept, if i hit a good loot i'll give them a go for sure. I suppose though in the end it will come down to cost, eco and stuff but fun factor could prove to be nice.

Next Landgrab will be very interesting ;).

Last edited:
To be honest after calming down i think will be ok for low mark up stuff like i use you get 95% tt back so not a biggy. For high mark up stuff i dread the first MM going pop and can understand concern by current owners. Maybe there will be a re-assessment by MA on this, but perhaps that is the idea, that it is a big risk.

As a general idea i really like enhancers as a concept, if i hit a good loot i'll give them a go for sure. I suppose though in the end it will come down to cost, eco and stuff but fun factor could prove to be nice.

Next Landgrab will be very interesting ;).

On reading the various posts, and the quotes from Marco, the '95%' is the chance of getting the second item back! Not the TT value. Meaning that as well as the 50% chance of the upgrade failing on the first item, you have a 5% chance of losing the second identical item.

This is the reason the playerbase are up in arms.

Originally Posted by RobVee
That's clear to me, but how about the extra item?

For example, if I want to upgrade my OF-105, one of the ingredients is an extra OF-105. Can I lose that one? I think so, since it is also an ingredient.

Originally Posted by Marco

That is correct. But the "extra item" has a salvage rate as well, meaning you have a shot at salvaging the item.

(al ot of things are explained in the Help-texts in the Interfaces)

Last edited:
Ammunition value has been divided by 100 - where you got 100 BLP ammo per ped before, you now get 10,000

Its over NINETHOUSAAANNNDDD !!! Seriously, wtf ?

Ammo burn is multiplied by 100 - if your ammo burn was 7 before this update, it's 700 now

A Jungle Stalker will burn 20x100 ammos per click. Thats 2000 rounds per click... go go go, realistic ftw...

What...why did you even consider such an...idea... ??? :rolleyes:

Ah yes :
In order to make ammunition consumption to work with the Item Enhancement, the following changes have been made:

Fantastic...Grade A improvement...we really needed that !:silly:

plus we are stuck with those ammo values so that .. maybe 1 or 2 person can use the enchancement system ...makes sense ofc .

On reading the various posts, and the quotes from Marco, the '95%' is the chance of getting the second item back! Not the TT value. Meaning that as well as the 50% chance of the upgrade failing on the first item, you have a 5% chance of losing the second identical item.

This is the reason the playerbase are up in arms.

[/I][/I]

Ahhhhh bugger.

I thought he meant you will get 95% of tt back of click on a fail, but tt will be consumed if slot opened.

I'll go reread 1 sec :D

ah bugger

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2216343-post32.html

I still love the idea though, but is expensive per click.

Last edited:
Lot of drama today, like a bomb going of at Santas Claus workshop the day before christmas ;)

Nah, just some collective Mind got stuck in an Arc, and now some people are kicking from behind, some are pulling from the front, to get that mind unstuck. :D Some are watching in horror, some are laughing, some left the building...

Business as usual, I'd say.

More Items in Loot

I hear a lot of complains about the high cost of upgrading the more expensive items. This because of the need for a simmular item. But what about the possibility of looting more high end items?

Upgrading a item means 1 less items of the same kind in the economie. Eventually this means a view high tier items but less items of the same kind. Which in theory would mean higher value for the items because it has a high tier but also its bigger rareness...

I think to make this Tier system a succes MA has to put more items in the lootpool. This way the prices "hopefully" are dropping. You get a chance to tier up for a reasonal price and the economie will stay ballenced because of the availebility of the item.

Dutchy

one of the sad part , is , it seems there is no upgrade to make things faster...
Nothing reduce the reload time of weapon or of fap...
would have been nice to have game a bit faster for those who wish...

one of the sad part , is , it seems there is no upgrade to make things faster...

...yet

seriously, it's only been a day? ;)

Has anyone enhanced anything at all to tell us how much enhance was got? If it is not significant the enhancement parts become, tt food. :dance:

I think to make this Tier system a succes MA has to put more items in the lootpool. This way the prices "hopefully" are dropping. You get a chance to tier up for a reasonal price and the economie will stay ballenced because of the availebility of the item.

Dutchy

Depends on what people think is a reasonable price to risk the upgrade failing and that 5% chance of losing an item.

I mean, I would be more OK with it if there was a 100% return rate on the secondary item, so ya could just borrow a mates item and then give it back but...

No, there's even more at stake than you think. You borrow your mate's ML45, and ......lose it.

In the true spirit of the game, you can lose 10 uber items from your friends on the way to a tier 10 item.

The consequent breakdown in ingame friendships will probably cost the game a lot more in the long run, one "oops" is enough to divide an uber soc (Uber soc-we are talking about nice weapons after all), into the "go for it" and the "stupid fools" camps.

What's going to happen is most (if not all) high-markup unlimited or UL items will get to Tier level 0.9, and just stay there. No advantage to the owner, superhigh risk to upgrade. Meanwhile the (L) weapon user get "enhancers" that do very liitle actual enhancement, probably sweet-FA when you consider the cost/decay/de-stackable-ness (new VU=new word) of the enhancers. If the enhancers gave a high eco advantage, the enhanced weapons would clean up cost-wise, and the game "hourly losses per average user" would be skewed to take that into account.

I'm guessing the enhancers will actually add very little real advantage, except for the special case of PvP. Even then, only until the weapon breaks. Oops, start again.

On the brightside, I've just seen team "Penis Tiering" global on Aurli, so there may be a little hope yet
:jawdrop: :hug: :handjob: :tongue4::drool: :thumbup:

No, there's even more at stake than you think. You borrow your mate's ML45, and ......lose it.

yeah, that is why I said it would be ok if it was 100% return on the second item so that you do not lose it when upgrading? :silly2:

As I said in another post

If MA done the system they wanted we'd all complain. So they give us a worse system then change it to what they wanted originaly and we all say 'cool system, thanks for listening and changing things'

If MA done the system they wanted we'd all complain. So they give us a worse system then change it to what they wanted originaly and we all say 'cool system, thanks for listening and changing things'

Like they did with the 2 pec equipping decay...

yeah, that is why I said it would be ok if it was 100% return on the second item so that you do not lose it when upgrading? :silly2:

@Nighthawk - yeah, I got what you said the first time, the point I was trying to make is that in some cases the financial loss of the ML45 is insignificant compared to the friendship conflicts that this will cause - to the game/FPC/MA, not to the player (only 10kPed lost on a gun, but player gets so annoyed they sell out and so lost customer, maybe 2) I'd assume most players at these levels lose more than 10kped a year, I know 2 or 3 that lose that amount every month ;)

eg: you spend 3 hours a day, 7 days a week team hunting Aurli with a socmate. You borrow her gun, lose it in an upgrade attempt, then fall out.
end result: you don't hunt anymore, due to increased decay, reduced efficiency and lack of good company :(

Losses like these can only cause damage to the "game-as-a-whole", considering a player's desire to "play"/depo)

@ALL - Some people are saying that upgrade losses of uber weapons are good for the "game-as-a-whole", they claim that an item being rarer increases it value - well, it better double the value, or that claim isn't going to help an upgrader!!!
You can't expect an upgrader to "donate" a nice weapon "into the lootpool" (if indeed it even will be `recycled` as loot) just to keep other players = "the game-as-a-whole" happy.

If you want to see uber items in loot, you're going to have to buy them, TT them yourself and take a chance that they are `recycled` as we think.

We are all fighting for a share of the same loot output, which puts us against each other, at all times, at a lowest level of economics. Any threat to that brings out the teeth and nails amongst us. Contentious VU changes like this do it every time.

I don't really think that FPC actually intended this VU to have caused such horror amongst UL weapon owners. Surely? For if they did, it's clear to a simple spectator that a LOT of people would be unhappy, people that have a LOT of ped tied up in the game. A 50kped item is 5000$US in FPC/MAs bank account, one way or the other. Devalue that item to 1000$ and FPC/MA have effectively only 1000$ to play with. Annoy the owner too much, he sells up at under market value, deflates the weapon price more, and FPC/MA have only 800$ there (depo'd by the latest buyer). :confused:

This "5% risk of a 50K loss on an upgrade socket attempt" has to be a `simple` mistake on their behalf. :scratch2:

This "5% risk of a 50K loss on an upgrade socket attempt" has to be a `simple` mistake on their behalf. :scratch2:

hang on, I just realised with a 50% success rate (and Marco said that won't improve? I think) you have to run the gauntlet of upgrade risk twice, on average, per tier. So thats 2x 5% risk of 50k loss. So 10% risk, is that right?

Insane

Last edited:
Sorry if someone already said it but wouldn't an "enhancer ammo" be a better thing? it would be so low value it could be the next "sweat".

Just a thought

Wistrel

hang on, I just realised with a 50% success rate (and Marco said that won't improve? I think) you have to run the gauntlet of upgrade risk twice, on average, per tier. So thats 2x 5% risk of 50k loss. So 10% risk, is that right?

Insane

I think it is, 50 % of success. The second item is then "gone".
50 % of fail, and then 5 % of no return of second item.
But still waiting on the clearification Marco said would come today.....:scratch2:

omg I need to start everything from scratch .. this is getting confusing..

Soon no one can anymore calculate the best of the best eco combination of stuff but wth :D ..interesting and some definitely good changes.

He said he would be able to tell us more on entropia gateway. I am not sure I know what that is could someone please tell what I need to do to find the gateway?
TIA.
Peace.

Cant believe reading these threads whats happened with the tier system.

Brought an UL LR48 last week, so I could 'Tier' it up, and now I need another 10, to get the original to tier 10, and only then if I succeed those 10 times (which in my case, I know i'd be that 5% person).

Honestly, I dont for a minute think Marco, or FPC wanted the system to be like this, but has been forced to by the fatcats at Mindark.
If it was designed and planned this way, what a waste of time it is.

Hugely dissapointed, to say the least. :(

Cant believe reading these threads whats happened with the tier system.

Brought an UL LR48 last week, so I could 'Tier' it up, and now I need another 10, to get the original to tier 10, and only then if I succeed those 10 times (which in my case, I know i'd be that 5% person).

Honestly, I dont for a minute think Marco, or FPC wanted the system to be like this, but has been forced to by the fatcats at Mindark.
If it was designed and planned this way, what a waste of time it is.

Hugely dissapointed, to say the least. :(

Or it's a cleverly disguised version of "Good cop, bad cop".....:laugh:

How to hump a bunch of player , and make them feel its good...while they will pay hard price for simple feature

1) make an update on thurday , with a new feature they can use due to total impossible requirement to meet.

2) Let player moan , scream and whine the whole week end.

3) on tuesday make an update that remove the total dumb requirement , and put one that cost only 2 arms 4legs , 1 eyes and your ass skin..

4) read the forum to see how player are happy that you did listen to them...

How to hump a bunch of player , and make them feel its good...while they will pay hard price for simple feature

1) make an update on thurday , with a new feature they can use due to total impossible requirement to meet.

2) Let player moan , scream and whine the whole week end.

3) on tuesday make an update that remove the total dumb requirement , and put one that cost only 2 arms 4legs , 1 eyes and your ass skin..

4) read the forum to see how player are happy that you did listen to them...

AKA, the "1 pec instead of 2 pecs" trick :laugh:

Where is Marco?!?!?

He said he'd be back today to answer questions after talking with MA.

Nothing like letting the coals smolder over time.

Back