VU9.1 Virus Checker Issues (multiple merged threads)

My story

OK. After reading all of these posts and solutions, here is my story.. :laugh:

the last VU download I had to play with a grey avatar (background and mobs are still colored). After downloading the last VU, I got a blank white screen everytime I try to 'launch' it. OK .. fine. So I sends a support case and they sugegsted that I fulfill the minimum specs required by MA (previously I was running the machine with only 256MB). So off I went to the nearest computer shop and bough an additional 512 MB RAM for USD 45.

After putting it on, I was hoping to continue my feff hunt and OA-101 crafting but what the heck? I got the trojan report and corrupt CLLDLLPatcher file 'error' message.

So I logged into EF and saw that AVG might be the cause. So ok... I UNINSTALL AVG.. :laugh: Logic is out of the question when you have MA withdrawal syndrome. :silly2:

Even after Uninstalling AVG, I still get a 'hang' scenario when I launch it (but I can download the patcher file easily).

So all in all, am still unable to log into EU after 6 days! :mad:

The File

Sorry, have already emptied the virus vault and now it seems the "trojan" is missing. Anybody tell me how I can re-install it?

Anyone who thought it was any kind of real threat is a big frigging derp.

As i said from the beginning and here is the email i got back. Now people learn to listen to the ones who might know more about things than you do yourself, not everyone in the world is out to get you :) (although i do think every government is going more and more corrupt and is just out to get me:rolleyes:)

Good to know, thanks for posting :)

- Nightwolf

OK. After reading all of these posts and solutions, here is my story.. :laugh:

the last VU download I had to play with a grey avatar (background and mobs are still colored). After downloading the last VU, I got a blank white screen everytime I try to 'launch' it. OK .. fine. So I sends a support case and they sugegsted that I fulfill the minimum specs required by MA (previously I was running the machine with only 256MB). So off I went to the nearest computer shop and bough an additional 512 MB RAM for USD 45.

After putting it on, I was hoping to continue my feff hunt and OA-101 crafting but what the heck? I got the trojan report and corrupt CLLDLLPatcher file 'error' message.

So I logged into EF and saw that AVG might be the cause. So ok... I UNINSTALL AVG.. :laugh: Logic is out of the question when you have MA withdrawal syndrome. :silly2:

Even after Uninstalling AVG, I still get a 'hang' scenario when I launch it (but I can download the patcher file easily).

So all in all, am still unable to log into EU after 6 days! :mad:

Damn it! I offer 50 peds to anyone who can offer me a solution! :lolup:

Sorry, have already emptied the virus vault and now it seems the "trojan" is missing. Anybody tell me how I can re-install it?

just redownload eu i guess and reinstall it.

Uninstall eu, redownload and have avg not up and running while installing i guess could help.

Uninstall eu, redownload and have avg not up and running while installing i guess could help.

OK bro.. WIll try that. If it works.... look me up in Fury. :D

I dont need peds presonally:)

Go on the web. Find all the lastest drivers for all what u have on ur computer like Web cam,Graphic card, mouse, printer, DX9 redistributable ... I concil u to download Avira Antivirus free edition instaler too. Put all of those things on an external Hard drive or a data dvd or cd. Save all ur files too, like films datas, outlook adress ...

Then, take ur window xp cd and insert it in ur computer. Format all ur hd , and dont make partitions. reinstall windows and folow all the instructions.
Then make all what windows ask (reboot ...). Install first the drivers linked to ur mother board (northbridge drivers or southbridge drivers or aditional drivers) and not the twikers or overclockers ...
then again , folow all what windows ask. After, install the antivirus. then the graphic driver ... all. After all of that, plug ur internet connection and start a good window update. Install only the programs who u realy need on ur computer. Download only the codecs who u realy need on ur computer.
Use in majority only one internet browser. Try to go on microsoft collaboration centers when u can, to learn how to relay administrate ur pc.
important : install Piriform CCleaner and use it every session.
Defragment ur disk minimum one time per week.
Compact the bigs files and store them when u dont realy need it (rarlab.com)out of C:/. such as photos ...

Normaly, i will be ok after that.

I dont need peds presonally:)

Go on the web. Find all the lastest drivers for all what u have on ur computer like Web cam,Graphic card, mouse, printer, DX9 redistributable ... I concil u to download Avira Antivirus free edition instaler too. Put all of those things on an external Hard drive or a data dvd or cd. Save all ur files too, like films datas, outlook adress ...

Then, take ur window xp cd and insert it in ur computer. Format all ur hd , and dont make partitions. reinstall windows and folow all the instructions.
Then make all what windows ask (reboot ...). Install first the drivers linked to ur mother board (northbridge drivers or southbridge drivers or aditional drivers) and not the twikers or overclockers ...
then again , folow all what windows ask. After, install the antivirus. then the graphic driver ... all. After all of that, plug ur internet connection and start a good window update. Install only the programs who u realy need on ur computer. Download only the codecs who u realy need on ur computer.
Use in majority only one internet browser. Try to go on microsoft collaboration centers when u can, to learn how to relay administrate ur pc.
important : install Piriform CCleaner and use it every session.
Defragment ur disk minimum one time per week.
Compact the bigs files and store them when u dont realy need it (rarlab.com)out of C:/. such as photos ...

Normaly, i will be ok after that.

maybe a bit much to just get eu working. I'm more than certain that he wont need to reinstall his os just to get it working :p

my freind has the same problem u just need to go into ur system device manager and update the display adapters to get past the white screen of death :)

only device update u should need.

Got Entropia Universe... erhmn.. Virus Universe here too. I'm on Windows Vista with AVG. This is extremley lame. Why the hell is there a backdoor in the update file? My Intrusion detection box goes crazy also. Something is not right here.. I'm not clicking "allow" on my warning anyway... MindArk, fix it.

Got Entropia Universe... erhmn.. Virus Universe here too. I'm on Windows Vista with AVG. This is extremley lame. Why the hell is there a backdoor in the update file? My Intrusion detection box goes crazy also. Something is not right here.. I'm not clicking "allow" on my warning anyway... MindArk, fix it.

read the previous pages... it's NOT a virus

As i said from the beginning and here is the email i got back. Now people learn to listen to the ones who might know more about things than you do yourself, not everyone in the world is out to get you :) (although i do think every government is going more and more corrupt and is just out to get me:rolleyes:)

I don't think this is about "I told u so".... Even if you where right this time I will not listen to you or anyone else until it's clear in my virus defence system. When we talk security you can't trust anyone. I would never put any company on my list of foolproof companies that never do anything wrong. And even if you have good knowledge about this what say that I can trust you and what say that you are right the next time. I would never hire a guy like you in my IT support team. Some one who think he is right before checking that he actually is right is a real danger. Most security issues is not about firewalls and virus defence systems, it's about people not following policys or taking some things for granted. If I was you I should have waited until I got that answer from AVG before I opened my mouth.

As some one said eralier booth are right. You where right when you said it was harmless and I'm right when I say "be paranoid".

Still I state that this should not been the issue of us to solve, this should come from MA, I filed a support case about this, and still nothing from them in this matter.

read the previous pages... it's NOT a virus

Well, duuh! I know it's not a "real" virus :rolleyes: Question is though why my IDS box reacted to "new unidentified traffic". Also, why did not MindArk notice this "false alarm" during testing? Maybe because the developers don't have any antivirus software on their computers? If a HUGE gaming company like VAULT get virus in their network (remember when hackers stole the source to half life 2) I am pretty sure MindArk can also. Sure, not this time, but still...

And why should they do it? Next time you'll be asking to check if EU works with every possible keybord/mouse combination. As others have mentioned, even Crysis had problems with AVG at first... so it's really not MA's problem at all. You are responsible for you computer software and hardware enviroment, and if you choose to use such tools that make mistakes, it's your problem, not MA's.

It's MAs problem if some new curious players dont start this game couse the first thing they see, before even trying it, is a warning about suspsious files.

It's in MAs best intresst not to scare away new players, or?

sure we cant expect them to test everything but they could respond to a situation like this quicker when it is known.

And why should they do it? Next time you'll be asking to check if EU works with every possible keybord/mouse combination. As others have mentioned, even Crysis had problems with AVG at first... so it's really not MA's problem at all. You are responsible for you computer software and hardware enviroment, and if you choose to use such tools that make mistakes, it's your problem, not MA's.

It's not the same to support perifal hardware to check if your product reacts in different virusdefence softwares. And it was not only AVG, it was also F-secure and Norman AV. And since I am responsible for my computer, that's why I trust the virus defence programs before anyone else. I prefer a false alarm before no alarm at all. And MA should have responded to this much quicker than they did. Imagine what this could have done if they where on the stockmarket. Should a rumour about distributing viruses to there player base been a good boost for the value of the shares? Guess not!
It's there damn responcibility to test before they distribute and if there is an issue they have to respond to that ASAP!

Fix for AVG users

For those people who use AVG the fix is quite simple and is permanent no matter what MA does in future VUs.
Right click on the AVG icon on your taskbar and select open Control Center.
Once it is open scroll down to the third button on the left site which is resident Shield.
Right click on button and select Properties.
There are 3 new tabs. Select the middle one Excludes
Click on Edit Excludes
In the new window click on Edit Excludes
Click on Add Path
Browse to Program Files and select the directory Mindark
Click the little box above the bid window which says Use Excludes in Resident Shield.
Now click on Ok and OK again. You will never have any scanning done on this directory and new downloads will no longer show up as a virus. This is good because they are not actually viruses.
Something similar should work on most AV programs. Hope this helps. 3's
Grampa

What a burn. Mindark isn't a MMORPG anymore, it's a virus, haha.

For those people who use AVG the fix is quite simple and is permanent no matter what MA does in future VUs.
Right click on the AVG icon on your taskbar and select open Control Center.
Once it is open scroll down to the third button on the left site which is resident Shield.
Right click on button and select Properties.
There are 3 new tabs. Select the middle one Excludes
Click on Edit Excludes
In the new window click on Edit Excludes
Click on Add Path
Browse to Program Files and select the directory Mindark
Click the little box above the bid window which says Use Excludes in Resident Shield.
Now click on Ok and OK again. You will never have any scanning done on this directory and new downloads will no longer show up as a virus. This is good because they are not actually viruses.
Something similar should work on most AV programs. Hope this helps. 3's
Grampa

Sounds dangerous. I say it once again. Why should we trust MA's routines for security?(this is not against MA, just treat all software the same) We could aswell just deinstall the virus defence. If you have any thoughts about keeping your PC secure, trust no one. It took AVG 3 days to update there signature files, worth to wait IMO. Security allways comes first. And once again, MA should have reacted much faster than they did.

Just to confirm that I am no longer having problems with AVG (free version). I can log in without disabling anything now.

for the secure concious

If you follow my instructions until MA fixes the problem and then uncheck the directory mindark you will be fully secure again. Do not remove it from the excludes because you know that if it happens once it will happen again. :)
3's
Grampa

Try that it still shows a white screen. Updated my G-Force MX 4000 graphic card and NVIDIA Confirms that I already have the latest driver. Hmmmmmm

No PE till 9.1.2? :laugh:

The MX 4000 is a continuation of the MX 400 series, which was a beefed up MX 200, in other words, your probablems are having at least 5-7 year old technology, and doesn't meet minimum system requirements. Buy a better graphics-card.

The MX 4000 is a continuation of the MX 400 series, which was a beefed up MX 200, in other words, your probablems are having at least 5-7 year old technology, and doesn't meet minimum system requirements. Buy a better graphics-card.

What is the preferered graphics card in the range of USD 100 for PC with AGP slot?

What is the preferered graphics card in the range of USD 100 for PC with AGP slot?

Buying an agp card today? pure waste of money i'm sorry to say :/ Buy a new mobo and gfx card but that will make you end up having to buy a completely new pc though.

I recently bought the ATi Radeon (512) 9550 for $100 (rough conversion of £) only to realise I needed a PCI-E card, not AGP... but it would have been a little above minimum spec for the game and should work fine.

(Got the GeForce 8600 GT for my PCI-E tho, LOVELY result:) for twice the money)

Hurrikane

Back