Walking a Myth?

Zane

Stalker
Society
Free Entropia Rangers
Zane Bear Hirak
Well today I was running back to PA from the north (through those fields where the exas are) and after blowing away one of our bucktoothed friends I saw some stones on the ground. Thing is.... I was running at the time. Now, I have heard from a multitude of sources that one must be walking to see fruit, dung, and stones but I was not walkin'. I am positive that I was running and I was quite surprised to see a pile of stones there. So is it really true that you have to be walking? Post some replies while I have a smoke. :smoke:

Used to be true but it no longer is the case. I have found fruits while running in CE2 and so have soc mates of mine.

Very interesting. Now I regret all the time I have wasted walking everywhere looking for the damn things. :eek:

I wonder why it's changed? Maybe best not to wonder, and just go with it.

Stones, fruit and dung spawn a very short distance from your avatar, so when running it is very easy to miss them. When walking, they can be seen for longer before they are out of range and dissapear again.

This is why it has been said that one has to walk for fruit, stones and dung. One can also run, but the likelyhood of seeing it before it is out of range is much smaller than if walking.

A ava with low agility runs slower and have bigger chance to see stones etc pop up.

A few days old running noob could find stones before Ce2 as well because of the low speed running.

u have to be real close , and looking in that direction for me cos im using first player

Same as with fapping; the state (running/walking) doesn't matter, but the avatar actual speed does, so you propably were running uphill.

Besides they don't "spawn near avatar" but they spawn when something else depletes. And just like mobs and mining resources, they get the (final) amount on the time of picking.

Same as with fapping; the state (running/walking) doesn't matter, but the avatar actual speed does, so you propably were running uphill.

Well that's the thing, is that I was on flat ground. It's strange.

i ussually finds direct after i come from tp-chipping, or kills a mob it just pops up besides me

Have tried to walk and search the latest days and found nothing and running graphics on low isnt fun while walking either .

Well that's the thing, is that I was on flat ground. It's strange.

Ah... :scratch2:

Thing that made me state what I stated was the incident where iwas on autorun running uphill. Papplon "flashed" as I ran by, but when I turned around, running back I didn't see it. However when i ran towards uphill, I saw it again and picked it up.

There used to be some lag in the spawning of fruit/stones (i.e drawing it on the ground). There was never any proviso you must be walking (lol)

There used to be some lag in the spawning of fruit/stones (i.e drawing it on the ground). There was never any proviso you must be walking (lol)

I think that's true too, because I found much more when camera angle was backwards where you can't see once you pass a location they spawn. By the time they appear looking forard, they are out of view.

I found them a few times running before VU, but that may be slow running due to weight so can't be 100% sure about that.

t

If you had much agility, you did have to be going below normal run speed, or it wouldn't appear at all before you ran beyond it.

I actually tested it one time when I found fruit. Walking by it appeared every time, but running by it never appeared, even when I had the camera angle looking behind me.

Seems to be different now though, which is nice.

Project Entropia Version Update 5.5
2004-02-17

A new technical system added to Project Entropia, adding area-specific line of sight. This means that in some instances you will not see avatars located within buildings while you are outside of them. This includes visibility on the radar. This action enhances client performance and distributes load times.

The line of sight thing was due to lag back then. With CE2, lag issues have not been resolved completely. As participant number increases in the coming days, there's a very good chance they will re-implement something like this... I could be wrong, but I wouldn't count on it since they already change a few things with the way scopes work post CE2.

Well all these responses have been interesting. It almost seems that there's no set way to find it. Seems like everyone finds it a bit differently. I just wish it was set in stone, because walking annoys me and I would like to run, but running makes me think I am missing things. :scratch2:

Guess I will just play it by ear. :p

I found fruit while running before, its not impossible to find them, the just become visible close to your avatar, so you can run by with ought noticing them. Walking just makes it easier to see them because they spend more time in the range of sight.

Used to be true but it no longer is the case. I have found fruits while running in CE2 and so have soc mates of mine.

really? interesting! good to know thanks!

They appear walking or running but is easier to miss them if you are running since they disapear fast

Good to know. What sucks is all the stuff I've missed while running and not paying attention

Well today I was running back to PA from the north (through those fields where the exas are) and after blowing away one of our bucktoothed friends I saw some stones on the ground. Thing is.... I was running at the time. Now, I have heard from a multitude of sources that one must be walking to see fruit, dung, and stones but I was not walkin'. I am positive that I was running and I was quite surprised to see a pile of stones there. So is it really true that you have to be walking? Post some replies while I have a smoke. :smoke:

Not true.

2.5 years ago I was running south of PA all the way to Troy and I saw fruit in the distance on the ground some distance ahead of me.

Usually though, your chances are greater walking. Same way as finding dropped coins and notes IRL. ;)

Hoping the butterflies come back in 2010 as its hard to see fruit in 1st person mode.

It will still depend on your computers graphics cards ability to draw the items. I notice on low settings I find stuff running, but high settings I normaly find when I am stoped some where as I run all the time..

always been able to run or walk, but i think you will find far more walking than running. to be honest in this vu i have found more fruit and stones on the ground while running than the past, but then again maybe i am just more focused atm :silly2:

always been able to run or walk, but i think you will find far more walking than running. to be honest in this vu i have found more fruit and stones on the ground while running than the past, but then again maybe i am just more focused atm :silly2:

Funny that this thread should get resurrected now because I just started walking again. I have found tons. :yay:

can cofirm, it is possible to find Fruits and Stones while running.
I found at least 3 times Stones/Fruits while running.

Maybe the terrain is an influence because you are slower when its going up.

I found my first fruit yesterday, and it was while running..... but the only reason I found it was because I stopped running to shoot at something and when I stopped I was right on top of it.

Stones, fruit and dung spawn a very short distance from your avatar, so when running it is very easy to miss them. When walking, they can be seen for longer before they are out of range and dissapear again.

This is why it has been said that one has to walk for fruit, stones and dung. One can also run, but the likelyhood of seeing it before it is out of range is much smaller than if walking.

I found it pre vu 10 when I was running as well. Often it was just rezzing as I lost site of it again. If I stopped and walked directly backwards I would find it again. It did not happen often, but it was possible to see it just before it faded out again because I had moved to far.

I have a somewhat relevant question, since I've taken to fruit-walking the past few days.

Are fruits/stones/dung visible to everyone when they pop up? Or are they "triggered" by your avatar and only visible to you?

I don't think Running excludes the chances of finding stones and fruit, I think it just reduces the chances. Walking increases the chances.

Are fruits/stones/dung visible to everyone when they pop up? Or are they "triggered" by your avatar and only visible to you?

Everyone in the area can see them.

I've counted many while running, and all in first-person. All my finds have been in the most unlikely situations. Maybe it varies from one person to another.

3/4 finds were in either PVP3 or 4. :laugh:

Back