Wastelanders Take Over TI?

Larkin

Marauder
Society
Brainstormers
Larkin Snipes Smith
At the Wastelander Event today at the Rig, I lost connection. I relogged, only to find I had to be bumped to a different server. I wound up in TI, with others from the rig as well. Strangely enough, a Wastelander popped up there too. Seems like we aren't the only ones who get booted to other servers.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

lol Fractal

Server got restarted after the massive lag and.... it was still laggy, gonan be restarted now again, lol

Carramone just said the event is cancelled because of the server troubles.
Was right after a message that the server will be down in 3 minutes.

Carramone just said the event is cancelled because of the server troubles.
Was right after a message that the server will be down in 3 minutes.

Ouch really? I just gave up after that issue...it's unfortunate, I was having massive lag. Any1 else?

Lol!

It sure is annoying when you are 2 kills from a spree and the server dies :laugh:

What happened to this brand new server MA reckon they got? :scratch2:

I wonder what creative story they will blame it on..? "Debrise from the Typhon caused a rift in the space-time continuum" :laugh:

[size=+2]It is time for someone to fix the obvious critical failure in event-quality player handling.[/size]

:banghead:

yep was near unplayable for me at single digit fps but I still tried..

At one point I had the wastelander with one bar of HP left standing still at point blank range with my gun in her face but still couldnt get a hit :(

My machine can normally run High settings in reasonably busy areas without issue,but even in low I had the issue above.

it was one of the most deflating experiences I've had in EU for quite a while :(

These events are so much fun whether I have any hope of the killshot or not but that was just a heartbreaking experience to almost taste it then have it ripped away like that :(

Last edited:
http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2009/11/07/2253/index.xml

Due to unforeseen technical difficulties, the Wastelander event on Saturday November 7th only lasted one round and was not completed before the servers had to be taken down.

For that reason, the event has been postponed. We will come back to you with a new date and time for a new Wastelander event as soon as possible.

We are terribly sorry for this.Thank you for your patience.

wastelander event...

so you take my peddies then leave :(

what happens next round... will the people who already won... get to win again in the second round thus taking away from the people who didnt win... by winning 2x? that is assuming there was a finite # of sala harness...

http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2009/11/07/2253/index.xml

'Due to unforeseen technical difficulties, the Wastelander event on Saturday November 7th only lasted one round and was not completed before the servers had to be taken down.

For that reason, the event has been postponed. We will come back to you with a new date and time for a new Wastelander event as soon as possible.

We are terribly sorry for this.Thank you for your patience.:

I hope this was actually a stress test on a new solution they had implemented through previous VUs that was trying to fix the lag from the last event.

If this is the same issue from a few weeks back showing up because they just ran the same thing again without trying to modify anything, they really need to get on the ball.

If this was a stress test in disguise, great work to FPC and MA and I look forward to the next production stress test. :) May the code fall forth from your fingertips...

What about those who killed some Wastelanders like Nadie & nonosapiens?

This event was for fun. Most had fun so it was good. Most don't win anyway. The winners of the event are not the target audience. The rest of the crowd is. And the rest of the crowd that got nothing, liked it the way it was. And the number of sala is whatever they want it to be anyway. As all else in game.

This event was for fun. Most had fun so it was good. Most don't win anyway. The winners of the event are not the target audience. The rest of the crowd is. And the rest of the crowd that got nothing, liked it the way it was. And the number of sala is whatever they want it to be anyway. As all else in game.

that is great but orginally you could only collect 1 bounty... now the 5 that already collected... will they have a chance to get 2? or should they be excluded per the rules...

that is great but orginally you could only collect 1 bounty... now the 5 that already collected... will they have a chance to get 2? or should they be excluded per the rules...

Good point guess we have to wait and see what MA decide to do.

It was fun though. I'm not a serious contender for the prize though so doesn't bother me...I just like to go to it for fun.

yep was near unplayable for me at single digit fps but I still tried..

At one point I had the wastelander with one bar of HP left standing still at point blank range with my gun in her face but still couldnt get a hit :(

My machine can normally run High settings in reasonably busy areas without issue,but even in low I had the issue above.

it was one of the most deflating experiences I've had in EU for quite a while :(

These events are so much fun whether I have any hope of the killshot or not but that was just a heartbreaking experience to almost taste it then have it ripped away like that :(

Yeah lol same here, it was very very frustrating...but idk nothing really you can do about it...it was the same as the last event for me.

Hmm yeah good point, I assume they would still get their prizes.

ahah i wonder if mobs have to relog as well xD

Sorry, but I wasn't decaying my hermes, infiltrator armor for fun. I wanted to win. :D

I say the winners should definitely be able to enter, again. FPC should give them their earned prize from today and it shouldn't have any effect on the next WL event.

People can win more than one prize, if they're from different WL events - right ?

So, it should be a non-issue. :rolleyes:

ps - good job MA on another insanely successful event. :laugh:

Hmm yeah good point, I assume they would still get their prizes.

I've still got mine at the moment. I assume the winners will not be allowed to enter next time it's run providing it's for the same prizes :dunno:

I say the winners should definitely be able to enter, again. FPC should give them their earned prize from today and it shouldn't have any effect on the next WL event.

People can win more than one prize, if they're from different WL events - right ?

So, it should be a non-issue. :rolleyes:

ps - good job MA on another insanely successful event. :laugh:

incorrect... it is the same event continued... there was to be only 1 round... so this postponement... once continued will be the same event...

and the rules are you can only have 1 bounty in this event...

I've still got mine at the moment. I assume the winners will not be allowed to enter next time it's run providing it's for the same prizes :dunno:

Hmm...is that really fair though for you not to be able to win next time? I guess you did already win, but it would be basically a different event at a different time... I wonder what MA will do.

i had so much lag i could barely see the players or WL...i ended up leaving...BH weren't you hof'ing on scips during the event?
Posted via Mobile Device

incorrect... it is the same event continued... there was to be only 1 round... so this postponement... once continued will be the same event...

and the rules are you can only have 1 bounty in this event...

If they're going to do a full 2-3 hour session as usual when it's rescheduled, I don't see any need to stop today's winners from winning again. If they only do a short one for an hour or so to make up for the second half of it not happening today, then they should discount today's winners from the prizes.

Whats there to discuss?

MA had a plan how many prizes they want to give out.
If the number stays the same the winner shouldn't be allowed in, if the whole event will be done again and the total number of winners increases it has to be open to everybody again.

Whats there to discuss?

MA had a plan how many prizes they want to give out.
If the number stays the same the winner shouldn't be allowed in, if the whole event will be done again and the total number of winners increases it has to be open to everybody again.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at but it's the number of prizes that's important really, not the time, so your post is a better explanation of my view :)

The next event ought to simply continue as Round Two of this event. You can still win prizes in each round, just not more than one prize per round, right?

No one who won today should be blocked at all in the next event, IMHO!

The next event ought to simply continue as Round Two of this event. You can still win prizes in each round, just not more than one prize per round, right?

No one who won today should be blocked at all in the next event, IMHO!

Good point, is that how it works though?

BerthaBot said:
We will come back to you with a new date and time for a new Wastelander event as soon as possible.

I would beg to differ that it's going to be a new event - therefore a whole new group of winners should be allowed. (without exclusion of those who pwned a Wastelander today) ;)

Those who were lucky enough to take out a wastelander today before the system crashed, shouldn't be punished or left-out of the next event, because of MA's fuck-up. :wise:

I would beg to differ that it's going to be a new event - therefore a whole new group of winners should be allowed. (without exclusion of those who pwned a Wastelander today) ;)

Those who were lucky enough to take out a wastelander today before the system crashed, shouldn't be punished or left-out of the next event, because of MA's fuck-up. :wise:

It seems that you are missunderstanding.
He was wondering what would happen if it was a continuation of the last event (i.e. the stopped one). Therefore it is "NOT!!!!" a new event and therefore the five winners from the first third of the event should maybee be excluded since they are only allowed one prize per event.:rolleyes:

Back