Why perpetuate rumors ??

Status
No matter how it started Raven the real discussion is about spreading rumors. Altho u may not agree with me i feel its an issue bigger than justb our radio station. Clubcalypto.com radio wants to help players in as many ways as we can. If it requires a few ruffled feathers then I am willing to accept that. I still think the issue applys to all radio stations.

Jc do you think posting that thread is constructive to this discussion.

I believe there seem to be some issues that a group of people should get together and discuss privately to hash out the details.

Stave to be fair..whats the question ? I certainly will attempt to answer it as best i can. just state the question you want to adress and i will try ny best to give you an answer.

I have to agree to disagree there.

Ruffled feathers are one thing, being accussed of scamming is quite another.

As Stave says you are avoiding any questions and rather when someone asks you something you don't want to answer you do the politician style answers.

As you yourself started this thread, it is you yourself responsible to answer the questions. Saying I'll only do that if another radio station does that is kind of lame.

Actually if you think about it, it would of been a positive for you to say, you know I WILL do that and that makes my radio station top notch because I will be the only one out of all the stations to do this. I will set myself apart from the rest.

:)

No matter how it started Raven the real discussion is about spreading rumors. Altho u may not agree with me i feel its an issue bigger than justb our radio station. Clubcalypto.com radio wants to help players in as many ways as we can. If it requires a few ruffled feathers then I am willing to accept that. I still think the issue applys to all radio stations.

Jc i agree: there are some issues i wont deal with in this discussion that belong in private. I will take your suggestion and discuss those in private.
As for the general topic its valid and deserves attention. Clubcalypto.com radio is willing to work out any differences outside of this discussion in private. Altho i do feel faye deserves to discuss and so far i think shes is doing it in a fair way.

Okay as I'm not a mod but i do see this fit to do.

Close this thread as it will become another flame thread. (because mods like to point this to me and i only wanted to give calypto advice)

Calypto made his statement about rumors.
As wikipedia says on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumor

A rumor or rumour (see spelling differences) is often viewed as "an unverified account or explanation of events circulating from person to person and pertaining to an object, event, or issue in public concern"

Let's leave it with that. Calypto has his own decision to how he wants to do his radiostation.

Last edited:
Raven i just looked at the forum after you talked about scams. It appears your station has also been questioned about the same thing. Why is it any different for your station. As i stated its a discussion about spreading rumors and my station isnt the only station that has anyone concerned. So the issue affects all stations.

If your genuine intent is to start out fresh, the first move will be to issue some form of public apology for the past, you know what i mean, and the people its sent to will also know what its about.

Once thats done, to crush all these rumors you will need to make yourself transparent, even if its from now onwards, its the only way you will ever have any hope of crushing any and all rumors. You need to do this, becuase of the thread Raven linked, at the moment this has nothing to do with any other Radio entity.

At the end of the day, people had a reason to consider the scam idea, and untill they have proof its not true, human nature will make sure they dont forget about it.

Once youve managed that, then and only then do you have a chance of starting fresh with this community.

As you see thier not litteral questions, but thier things that needs to be answered none the less.

And i fail to see why you have refused to do all of the above yet.

Why is this public? Because its effected such a large group of people, the only chance club calypto radio has of starting out fresh, is if the above is done publicly whare all can see.

And ofc the last point, once all of the aboce is done, you need to stick to that, and not get yourself back in the mess you had in the first place, aka not making the same mistakes. Once again you know what they are, so i wont say them here.

Regards,

Stave

This apparently is an important issue as i see at moment there are over 650 views and we have only been discussing this issue for a short while. It is important and all folks should get a chance to respond. Its fair for all.

At any time there have been any questions about the radio station I am associated with, we always answer and not avoid the question.

Raven i just looked at the forum after you talked about scams. It appears your station has also been questioned about the same thing. Why is it any different for your station. As i stated its a discussion about spreading rumors and my station isnt the only station that has anyone concerned. So the issue affects all stations.

first... it was about rumors with no supporting evdience.

then its a bunch of Q & A session, but just Q to Claypto, and no A.

then its just Claytpo criticizing people for not being constructive...

just answer the question and stop commenting on how nonconstructive it is -__ simple

Stave the apologies arent only from my side. I do agree there a couple things i should apologize for but the same could be said for both sides. At this point im not asking for an apology. Also i have adressed the transparency issue. We only owe sponsors that. If Your station and others want to be transparent as well i will follow suit. I dont think the he should apologize first game is the way to resolve the issue as mabey i feel i was done wrong first. Either way i dont think either side needs to apologize,What we need to do is have an understanding and move forward. ITs off topic Stave, The topic is spreading rumors not who did what first. Thats a different discussion as Jc suggested should be done in private.

not to be deconstructive i really don't have an opinion in the matter without any direct proof, but this guy writes exactly like one of those e-mail scammers from nigeria or wherever claiming that they have 54 million dollars for me i just have to send them $5000 for transfer fee's type of things

lol it made me laugh anyways

to be helpful, a list of all prizes given away and to whom you've given them away to would not violate the 'sponsors' privacy, as well as show some some transparency to the community. your claim that people would just say that list is incomplete is irrelevant because people who actually got the prizes and who are around for the event often can confirm its accuracy.

unless the claims that you are giving them away to yourself or scam partners are true, you'll do this to satisfy the community. to be honest you have no excuse not to do this, and every reason to do this... if you are honest it would clear your name.

My radio station isnt the only one being questioned about scams. Go look on the forum and youll see.

Stave the apologies arent only from my side. I do agree there a couple things i should apologize for but the same could be said for both sides.

Also i have adressed the transparency issue. We only owe sponsors that.

At this point im not asking for an apology. If Your station and others want to be transparent as well i will follow suit.

No, but imo you need to take the first step

And i dont have a station, im not a scheduled dj anywhare nor have any jobs there at this current time.

Once again, your the one with the trouble, therefore you need to take the first steps.

As i stated before everyone is a potential sponsor, therefore you havent addressed the issue.

Either way, Im done here, its all you now calypto, whatever you do from now will decide the fate with your station.

::Edit::

Last word,

My radio station isnt the only one being questioned about scams. Go look on the forum and youll see.

Ive failed to see any of that, but thought you was keeping the past out of this? Either way, ill refer you to what i said above,

goodbye...

As i stated the only folks we owe any sort of accountability to are sponsors and sponors alone. The public can decide. But i doubt they will have an issue winning a FREE Car..Lmao

Now you are just avoiding your own questions by trying to fan the flames to another.

So instead of just trying to fix what damage you think your station has, you use the method of pointing the finger at someone else to take the spotlight off of you.

I'm done with this thread.

Stave the same can be said for you. What you do is just as fair game to scrutiny.

Raven i have answered the question. I am sorry its not what u want to hear..But thank you for discussing.

Please, MA, ban all radio stations, well what is called radio station. I explain myself:
People want make it like in real... A radio station? just a few guys paying 3 us$/month to get a stream and doing what they do...
I don't know how things are managed in all countries, but in the one i live, to run a radio, or a TV (I'm working in a TV), you have to ask authorization to the president of the country, or their DIRECT 'representant' (minister or such, sorry for my bad english)

That means you have to get an ethical attitude, which i never seen in any of those fighting posts disguised in 'explanation/constructive'legitimations.

We have enough spams run by sellers. Now adding radios spams...

Make a way to have controlled radios or make them illegal.

That's my point of view.

Long life to honest radio(s) if there are some and if it's not made illegal. (am not a radio listener)

Calypto

I went to one of your parties, I have to say I was really impressed. You were able to bring life to the sweat camp.
The prizes you give away are very cool and overall you sounded like a very cool guy.

That day I gave you a Sword and Lots of manufacturing BP (including Book).
You stated several times in the Radio that I have given you the prizes, but for some reason you didn't gave those items away. Now I'm not accusing you of anything, you gave away several armors, weapons (ammo from your pocket) and a Car. Since I don't follow your show everyday and it's possible that you gave them away on other day.

What keeps ringing a bell is the talk we had over private chat. You told me that you were planning a private party that would have better prizes.
I'm going to try to keep an open mind on this subject, although "private party" and "better prizes" doesn't fit in the same sentence. Considering the prizes were gifts from other avatars.
Care to explain?

I just want to add one more thing.

Despite all the flaming and accusations I think that you did a very good job. Even if you were keeping gifts for yourself. Everyone that takes the time to help noobs deserves some recognition. So thanks for the great work and I hope that you keep doing it.
EU needs new blood, the economy isn't very strong right now. The more noobs stick ingame the better for everyone. And Calypto, like others, was/is doing is part to help.

A word of advice, cut the crap and make a public list of donations. Keep track of who gave what, who got the prize and when. This would help you regain some respect from the community.

V

Ed Ward: I have been in broadcasting 26 years. You can be sure of one thing this is as close to a real radio station as Eu has to offer. In all likely hood no matter what your opinion is i will bet i have more experience in broadcasting than any stations announcers combined.

Ed Ward: I have been in broadcasting 26 years. You can be sure of one thing this is as close to a real radio station as Eu has to offer. In all likely hood no matter what your opinion is i will bet i have more experience in broadcasting than any stations announcers combined.

Somehow it's hard to believe. One would think you could at least learn proper spelling and punctuation in all those years.

TheVoid : We did a large Blue print drop that was probably the biggest blue print drop ever. I will look back and find the date.. If u donated prints since we are planning another drop and have collected to date a large amount for our second drop. We havnt done the private party yet and are planning to do so soon. We want to get around a thousand prints before we drop. I do say thank you. If u have any other questions i will try hard to adress them . Thanks for your input and we thank you for heloping our effort to have great contest. i hope i answered your question. Thanks

Moonbiter: i will admit my english sux.. My spoken word is far better. In real life i have a secretary that assist me so ill admit to crappy spelling as i only use two fingers..LOLOL

Please, MA, ban all radio stations, well what is called radio station.

MA has absolutely zero ability to control who does and does not operate an internet radio station, and who does or does not listen to it.

Thevoid: as to better prizes at private party.. I also fund More prizes than we have donated. The donated prizes probably only represent about a third of our give aways. So to answer your question I pay for the rest.

TheVoid : We did a large Blue print drop that was probably the biggest blue print drop ever. I will look back and find the date.. If u donated prints since we are planning another drop and have collected to date a large amount for our second drop. We havnt done the private party yet and are planning to do so soon. We want to get around a thousand prints before we drop. I do say thank you. If u have any other questions i will try hard to adress them . Thanks for your input and we thank you for heloping our effort to have great contest. i hope i answered your question. Thanks

Actually you only responded to half of my post.

Could you please explain how would the private party work?
Who would make the guest list?
Those better prizes that you mention were donated?

I'm sorry Calypto, but it's really easy to think bad stuff when someone makes a private party and gives away prizes that were meant to be given in a public party.

Anyway, I hope that your project doesn't end. Just take my advice seriously and you will be OK.

A word of advice, cut the crap and make a public list of donations. Keep track of who gave what, who got the prize and when. This would help you regain some respect from the community.

Just to clarify..The private party willbe a guest list and i will pay for those prizes. We havnt used the club in a long time and do our broadcast at sweat camp. The decision who attends will be mine as i plan to invite special guest. All donated prizes are ditributed at camp. But if i have a sponsor that wants to donate to our private party i see no issue with that.

Status
Back