Wouldn't It Be Cool If MA Made Scarier Robots

Dustmop

Provider
Society
Magma Engineering
Dustmop, Dusty
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I would like to see MA update their robot models and make them more menacing and frighting. Right now the drones are pretty lame looking and not very threatening. They should make them more human like such as this example from an old table top game called Legions of Steel.

This is a redrawing I did from a non color illustration from one of the rule books. I've always loved LOS due to its artwork, and metal figurines for the actual game play, but also it has a similar story to EU in which evil robots are out of control and taking over the galaxy.

While the original concept and illustration of this image was made by Global Games (long gone now) I would really like to see MA make a more evil looking robot design for the common drone. Add more human like features especially in the face/head and when the new engine comes out, have the robot have a human like walk and movement.

In a game with a background of killer robots, nothing would be more satisfying and frightening then something like this striding towards you glowing red eyed and guns blazing.

Guess u have not met the Warriors, Troopers, SEGs, Attackers (Even though they are wusses)

Then you also have the Evi's and then once in a while bots, Legionaires, Bug Bulk (less big Beacons)

Not all the bots are as nice as the drones :)

I got twoo evil Robots ready for manufactoring

This is Macrotron , sucker of loot and devourer of peds :)

Macrotron is a constant natural force in this universe, he can only be destroyed by the Egg.

Macrotron made an army of M&M's, Modified Macrotrons !

They cant die -> the more you shoot them , the more they will replicate

Warlocks used to scare the shit out of me, nearly as much as a massive Araneatrox :laugh:

If you really want scary...
the bots should look like this

:eek::eek::eek:

you want scarier than the Eviserator?

I would not feel comfratable with those kind of graphix.
The only way my mind can referse enginere why drones look like humans anyways is that, humans build drones because they like to mimic their selfs, something went bad and the drones were out of control.

Or the other scenario would be if a computer analisys the enviroment and develops a ´being´ that looks the same as ´camouflage´ so that why they look like humans.

But somekind of monster-human mix... :rolleyes: It´s to much fantasy, unless there is a mad scientist that manufactures robots. And know the psycology of the human mind, humand tend to get scared of all things that looks less human. So the in/humanner it gets, the more likely you are scared of it

(thats straight out of my memory, so I am not sure how accurate that is`, from an unknown source

Scarier?? naah... dunno...
but if one day MA realise that "sitting ducks" ages in MMO are over and they make them (mobs) move from one place to another ("bit" more then just 2m) ...so that will be cool .... IMO

Scarier?? naah... dunno...
but if one day MA realise that "sitting ducks" ages in MMO are over and they make them (mobs) move from one place to another ("bit" more then just 2m) ...so that will be cool .... IMO

yeah i agree, and when they attack, say a robot army, they appear marching from the horizon and storm the city, using tactics etc. THAT would be cool :p

i find it funny how the warriors look like the bad bot from robocop

i think the current bots are fine the way they are...no need to try and fix something with bo issues

Bots are OK maybe make some different more menacing looking ones for the invasions. I would rather MA spend some time working out some of the game issues than change something that already works.

And also maybe the reason the bots look like they do is for ease of manufacturing them. Just thing the time it would take making the separate bone structures. It is a lot easier to cast one part that has not that many features then to manufacture a part with several features.

But hey that is just my opinion.

yeah i agree, and when they attack, say a robot army, they appear marching from the horizon and storm the city, using tactics etc. THAT would be cool :p

It would be more realistic if robots would fire from a distance instead of running in and standing about half a meter from ya while shooting :laugh:

Bots are OK maybe make some different more menacing looking ones for the invasions.

I would like to see named leader robots during invasions, would make for a cooler experience no? :D

The thought never even crossed my mind for bots. But I have thought alot about scarier living mobs. Maybe even not so much in their appearance but in their behavior. Like ground dwellers that pop up on you or ones that seem to materialize from thin air. That kind of scare factor. Surprise. But that might also require changes in the way they are represented on the radar. Looking for that effect like in the movies when the killer jumps out from his hiding place to strike.

I like the idea of coordinated AI for bots... Maybe with the named leaders leading different squads and companies!

Imagine watching your radar rapidly fill up with a red mass as the robot menace marches on Fort Troy! Skirmishers out front attacking any who stand in the way and flanking attacks enveloping both sides of the city... And RX units dropping behind colonist lines to create havoc and chaos!!!! Wheeeeee!!!!:yay:

Blackjack :cowboy:

I like the idea of coordinated AI for bots... Maybe with the named leaders leading different squads and companies!

Imagine watching your radar rapidly fill up with a red mass as the robot menace marches on Fort Troy! Skirmishers out front attacking any who stand in the way and flanking attacks enveloping both sides of the city... And RX units dropping behind colonist lines to create havoc and chaos!!!! Wheeeeee!!!!:yay:

Blackjack :cowboy:

and the red dots on your radar looking like:

......... .

Instead of:
. ... ....
... . . . . .
. ... . ... .. .
. ... .. .

maybe would be more order on the battlefield? ;) heh

"RESITANCE IS FUTILE"
Bring on the
BORG

No!!!! not the Swedsih ones
:eek::eek:to Scary:eek::eek:

A Brooklyn Dream
Me...Seven of Nine... Bjorn... a Dak... and A Cat of nine tails..
Assimilating
Resistance can be more than futile

Back