Are mobtrains against the EULA?

Are mobtrains against the EULA?

• In all cases YES

Votes: 58 9.0%
  • In all cases NO

Votes: 144 22.3%
  • In PVP NO

Votes: 72 11.1%
  • Only in extreme cases (Doing it repeatedly)

Votes: 373 57.7%

• Total voters

Mercury

Marauder
Society
Dark Templar
Jenna "Star" Mercury
Please vote! Please post in this thread MA. It helps to know the rules when dealing with money. I have never considered it against the EULA or I'd never do it. I thought it was just for some fun but I agree that if it is done repeatedly to cause distress to someone then it is a violation.

If MA says it is against the EULA in this thread or anywhere else please post that response here. I will never mobtrain again if I see such a post.

The fact is that the only place I see in the ToU that could possibly say that you can't mobtrain is:

c. You cannot interfere with any other participant's ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.

But that's a difficult one to recognize due to the fact that PVP inherently does such a thing. You can't just say, "I don't like dying so you are breaking the EULA by killing me." That defeats the purpose of PVP areas. A post by MA would really help here.

For those of you not versed in what a mobtrain is:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aDgBq2b1g4[/YOUTUBE]

That's a mobtrain. Hopefully MA let's me know if this sort of thing is a problem. I made it a point to clean up the mobs after so that no one would lose their favorite hunting spots.

POST #209 in this thread is Marco's response (Thanks Marco):
Generally mob trains are allowed.

BUT, if the purpose is only to cause grief then it is not. Like "Haha, you loser, I steal all your mobs just to piss you off!" *insert Nelson "ha-ha"*

There is always a fine balance.

Last edited:
Yes, they are against the ToU, they interfere with other peoples gameplay, this is not allowed.

IMHO:

1 mobtrain = fun

repeated mobtrains = annoying

Yes, they are against the ToU, they interfere with other peoples gameplay, this is not allowed.

Where does it say this please?

Voted for repeated mobtrains. If you don't like it and the other person wont stop its a problem...

I don't see a problem with a mob train, but it may become a problem if one was to run it into someone or a group of people over and over.

The fact is that the only place I see in the ToU that could possibly say that you can't mobtrain is:

c. You cannot interfere with any other participant's ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.

But that's a difficult one to recognize due to the fact that PVP inherently does such a thing. You can't just say, "I don't like dying so you are breaking the EULA by killing me." That defeats the purpose of PVP areas. A post by MA would really help here.

I added this to the initial post...

1-2 outside pvp, mildly annoying but not harassment. Repeatedly doing it, pretty shady but open to the persons interpretation if it is harassment or not.

Within pvp, anything within the game functionality goes.

A repeat mobtrain is inexcusable imho. Once or twice is acceptable, all in good sport, but repetition can only be viewed as a malicious act.

so what about if my gameplay is gathering a huge mob of animals...then some tard thinks it would be funny to interfere and drag away half my mob that ive spent so much work to gather.....
that woudl be against ToU too?

I love bringing a massive mob to PA eveyr few months or so :D most people enjoy it. adds a bit of fun to a relatively boring nights...

Well, personally I think mobtrains are mainly fun.

A mobtrain against the sweaters at Nea´s is fun, as these sweaters are prepared to sweat/die/repeat. So don´t worry about that. Especially this Spiders here and then are fun, and very apreaciated by most of the sweaters, as its something other than only stupid dump Ambu :)
Ok, some sweaters don´t like that nor did they like a stampede Ambu, but hey back to Swamp Camp if you don´t like the more skilled sweaters fun :D

A mobtrain into a city, is fun and could be seen as an event initiated by players.

In every PvP Area, its a tactic and the mobs are used as a weapon, so its fine with the EULA. Don´t enter PvP if you are not prepared to get killed by a smarter hunter, using natural resources (mobs) as a weapon :)

But there have been situations in the past, that a person pulled mobs against another single person, again and again, so this other person couldn´t hunt/mine in a way that every normal player wants.
In this special case, I think its against the EULA, because the person who did it, did it intentially to interfere the other players gameplay.

Now we have another difficult situation.
There are crafters that use AC, and some people like to pull mobs towards ACers :) Hard to decide if its against the EULA ;)
What counts more in that case? Breaking the EULA by using 3rd party software (AC) or breaking EULA by intentionally interfearing someones gameplay who acts against EULA ???

I added this to the initial post...

And the reverse - A player may enjoy enjoy using the game to make mob trains - therefore trying to stop him would be against the same rule.

95% of the people think it is funny when mobtrains come. 5% don't like it for that few minutes but most of them don't like anything anyway lol.

95% of the people think it is funny when mobtrains come. 5% don't like it for that few minutes but most of them don't like anything anyway lol.

indeed...and who cares about pleasing those that cant be pleased..theyll always complain...happy pills?? hello!

I always enjoying dragging troopers and warriors into jason and twin. I remember them as fun when ppl did it back when i was a little newbie.
But it seems they are not acceptable anymore, coz i have gotten 2 warnings about ruining others gameplay. Pffff ppl now days :rolleyes:
But yes they appear to be against the eula.

Now that was an excellent movie! :laugh: Wish I had skills/armor to do that. I voted that it's ok in PVP or if you're generally by yourself. I've had moments where I'm bored, there are a ton of mobs (low lvl) around me, and I just gather as many as I can and just start running. It's fun to do on occasion. However, I've met tards that do it maliciously, on repeated occasions who are doing it only to disrupt my gaming (yes, directed at me). One experience was south of Ithacha where this dude's mobs kept attacking me...I'd kill them, and he was getting pissed (I do 100% of the damage). His solution was to get a train of trox and stand next to me, fapping. I can handle the train of trox, but I hate the decay, and he kept doing it so I left...I'd rather not leave, but this prick made me do it. Now that is what I would call disrupting someone's enjoyment of the game. You can argue that I was disrupting "his" gaming, but not at any fault of my own, his was intentional.

Oh, and as for PVP, you're there to kill or be killed, by any means necessary :), mobtrain away!!!

I am with everyone else - mob train is funny - the bigger the better!

Doing it over and over I can understand being annoying.

I have brought corns to argus myself - was fun and no one took it the wrong way.

PVP should be anything goes; and the more creative the better. :cool:

Could voluntary waiver of sub-C be added to EULA for PVP areas? :scratch2:

When MA has made a place PvP - then no rules at all - that will include pulling mobs on othere player if you need that to win.

Anything else will be a big joke to PvP.

PvP is anything goes as far as im concerned. I voted "No in PvP" as being against the EULA but I know people have had warnings for this.

So imo, it should be no, but seems it actually is. :(

I really hate them when they are lured into an auction area.
Sakura needs some turrets at the entrances.
I assume it is done against the ACusers, but if you are in a bidding war on auction it hits you aswell and it is plainly annoying.
And if you are on a good run and die because of stuff like that, some might get quite pissy.

As for the mob trains running up at Neas...some people seem to forget that there are also hunters out there and handling 20 Ambus because the one running the train died right in front of you, means quite some decay.
And from my own experience it is really no fun at all, if every hour somebody else has the idea to run one into the sweaters.

In an PVP area I would assume, anything that works is OK.
In PVP anabled areas they should be forbidden (or better switch off PVP on the whole continent except the PVP zones)

OMG! lmao that video is so EPIC WIN!!:laugh:

you made my day star!

I won't ever make a mobtrain again until I hear that MA is ok with it or against it. Please comment MA. This mobtrain was made a while ago btw and I just decided to post it so some could get a laugh.

As some of you remember I've done a few mobtrains in LG's and MA was there to see but never locked me for it. This would lead me to believe they are ok.

hmmm - why dont we all go to rig and make the biggest mob train in history and report each other - then suddently no more income ...... after all are banned

First of all, about the movie: ROFLMAO! OMG!! HAHAHA!!!

Second: I spoke to Marco about this on the old EP-forum once and he told me then that it is not considered abuse unless it is repeated many times against the same individuals.

Just watched the video, great stuff! :yay:

rofl, that kind of train is fun :D

Now run such a train into PA, and its more fun!

I have seen such big trains with smaller mobs, and it was pure fun.
One time I managed to bring around 50 Maffoid inside of Argus, and most people there enjoyed the fun.

But even if someone brings only a few mobs 2-5 it is a train, and it may hurt some lower skilled and less equiped people, but hey thats EU. We need such events!

So please Star don´t bother about the whinners, give us some more trains and not only towards the rig, do it vs some more populated areas.

Is it possible to bring spiders to twin peaks?
Is it possible to run spiders into PA?

Maybe some tasks for you :yay:

Think about next RX event, what may happen if some spiders show up at the RX base in PvP1 ???

ROFL that made my ribs sore, u need one of those for LG :yay:

Fairly simple, In pvp NO.
Everything goes in pvp.
Why not always no:

Excessively mob training on the same person is in violating with the, everybody should have fun rule.

Back