C'mon Aussie, C'mon!

Morning!

A couple of things....

A met another aussie over on Amethera Ozi Ghost (Previous page) from NBK Engineers who is a Lvl 31 laser sniper who is willing to help the Aussie cause for WOF08. It may be prudent to get the support team together for a quick head count as I am running round telling people to get in but not sure if we still need more - i guess 100 support teams wont be a bad thing.

Grrrrrr,

Thanks for the team invite and that Global I got had a 14.8 ped ESI ... I sold at auction and we got 26.25 ped each so I have u 3 guys (Grrrrrr, Mulga and Mac) ped on me so drop me a PM in game to meet.

Glad to see new aussies in the thread and what happened to all the regular posters?:scratch2:

Bags

I think a Support Manager would be useful as if there are some like me we dont know who to offer to hunt with based on our skills, or when others may be hunting .
I have Justifier and Ghost and can hunt with others in the evening or night based on Aussie East Coast Time.
If there was a Support Manager it may not be a bad idea to PM a generic message to all people who have offered support to get a confirmation they are still willing and able and get a response as to when some practice hunts might suit them so we could be grouped and pointed in the right direction and time.

Just a thought.

Cloud

Put your thinking caps on, Stage 1 Moblist has been released.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wof-2008/97862-stage-1-moblist.html

Team Mobs info on entropedia
Entropedia: Creature: Foul

Entropedia: Creature: Atrax

Entropedia: Creature: Estophyl

Entropedia: Creature: Phasm

Support Mob info on entropedia
Entropedia: Creature: Caudatergus

Entropedia: Creature: Snarg

Bonus Mob info on entropedia
Entropedia: Creature: Morsusilex

Time to make those plans, particularly considering support roles.

Shaz Monaro

Last edited:
Grrrrr has nominated me as Support Coordinator, and I've accepted. In the absence of anyone else being nominated, I guess the job is mine :)

Thanks for your suggestion Cloud.
However rather than sending 30+ pm's here every time there's a prac hunt, I'd appreciate if support team members monitor this thread themselves for details.
I also suggest that ALL WoF members have both Grrrrr and me on their FL's for the duration. I have most of the hunt team on my FL already, but frankly there is no space to have every support team member as well.

As I have said earlier - we should be trying to use XFire where possible so that we are not reliant on the limited spaces available in EU FL's.
Grrrrr - you may wish to create a 'clan' in XFire for the Aussie WoF team. The inbuilt event 'clan' calendar and forum may assist with communication of hunts and coordinating practice sessions.

Up til now, the WoF prac hunts have been arranged pretty informally, usually between the hunt team members themselves.

However - as Bagman may have noticed on the night that Mulga and I did a prac hunt with him - a WoF hunt is NOT like a simple team hunt.

Communication and coordination between the hunt team members, and the support teams assigned to them, can make a real difference to the outcome.

One important role will be for someone to stay with the judges during each hunt, to calculate and provide constant updates of scoring of both our team, and the 'opposition'.
Bagman has volunteered for this, when he is not needed for the hunt team itself. Any other volunteers would be welcome too.
The scoring this year is more complex with points coming from several sources. Please make sure you have fully read all the rules and are familiar with possible bonus scoring :)

Grrrrr has suggested a meetup of all hunt team members - AND support - on Sunday night (Jan 27).

I dont see a time or location agreed on yet though.
Guessing the Bar at TI Castle - 11:00 MA time ???
Grrrrr, can you confirm this pls ?

Moblists have been posted - and I suggest we take the opportunity for a full dress rehersal (tho perhaps not for the full 3hrs of a WoF hunt session).

WoF is coming - let's be ready for it :yay::yay:

This is my suggestion of attack:

Dire: Phasms
Exo: Big Esto
Ozi: Big Atrax
Shaz: Foul untill first global, shift to another mob depending upon globals rate.

Top End Support (the bigger firepower guys from the team, that aren't on personal team support): morsellex until global then shift to snarg and Caud.

Support: Snarg and Caud

I still would like to have 2 guys on support, depending upon our heat time I can organise one or two guys I hunt with regularly to provide that. Anyone else interested in helping me out.

Shaz Monaro

This is my suggestion of attack:

Dire: Phasms
Exo: Big Esto
Ozi: Big Atrax
Shaz: Foul untill first global, shift to another mob depending upon globals rate.

Top End Support (the bigger firepower guys from the team, that aren't on personal team support): morsellex until global then shift to snarg and Caud.

Support: Snarg and Caud

I still would like to have 2 guys on support, depending upon our heat time I can organise one or two guys I hunt with regularly to provide that. Anyone else interested in helping me out.

Shaz Monaro

Sounds good Shaz,

I'll need some support for the Atrax - CND might be the best place to hunt Atrax and Foul. If hunting Foul in Dome 8 you'll need a good support team to blast away the Tripudions and Diakibas to clear a path for you.
I'll need some decent fappers to fap me on the atrax stalkers.

We might need to have Serica on stand by to fly us down planetside if our opposition are crowding the dome or kill stealing etc.

+rep Jod, that was well written and gives everyone some extra info - thanks mate.

double post sorry

Another point to note, which may or maynot be obvious. Hunter supporters can be at a pre-designated hunting ground prior to event start. This helps with TPing into the best location to start hunting, plus allowing to hit the ground shooting. Doing this with thorifoids last year this was invaluable as the oportunity to die while TPing in was high.

Decide where you are going a few days before hand and scout the area, get to know it well. Know the best ways to TP back should you die. All seem simple enough but you should know it back to front. Again an example from last year, at the Thorifoid temple if you die you end up a long way away, TP to far South and you hit Falx. to high north and you get bogged down with other thorifoids and thorio's etc.

Basically, area knowledge is very important.

I would shy away from going to CND as there is increased problems with returning and extra travel time, and restricted flexibility with other mobs, should we need to switch for some reason.

I would look at the Trax north of Nate's. I'll check out the different Foul spawns, unless someone has one they think is better than the others.

Shaz Monaro.

Hi Serica, glad to see an experienced person like yourself taking this role, its very good of you :)

Just for the sake of clarity i wasnt suggesting the Support Manager PM (Forum PM ) everyone more than once, just an initial one off to get a renewed confirmation of availablity and readiness.

Anyway, it was only a suggestion, just dont want you to think i would expect anyone to be PM'ing 30 people regularly,lol

Thanks again :)

Last edited:
Available

Hi comrades:)

I am available for whatever role you may see fit.

I have - Faps 2900, 2350, and 80

Weaps - 45 Hunter, Scorpious, Arabesque
Amps, 105, 104,104,103

TP - Lesser and Med Tp chip.

Armor - 3 Jag bits, 3 Phantom bits 1 Vigi footies.

Plates 5b, 6a, 6b.

Rifle and pistol skills hit 36 in Laser Weap Snipe and all others in Laser and Blp above 30.

Evade quite high from memory above 3600

Health 130

Evade 55-56

The rest scan me ;)

Thinking as I know Ozi well and his habits and as he knows I know that might create that neiche.
Proviso
I'm a family man and that takes priority, I also work shift works, hence Icould be a bit unreliable depending on some factors:)...I would more than likely be a cert for any runs on evenings > 8pm est as long as I am not working :)

Best of luck

cya in game

Wow...Phasm in the first round of WoF!? :eek:

I am available to help clear any unwanted mobs should anyone require my services. If not, I'll hit the snarg on Oshiri for a few hours. There is another good snarg spawn too that might be worth hitting (Jod...You know the spot I am referring to ;)).

Morsusilex is generally an easy mob to hunt but where there is a good spawn bery and aetherex exist. Bery are easy to clear but aetherex hit hard.

And, just a bump for our global spam event this coming Sunday night. 1100 MA time seems a good time to meet (10pm Sunday -Vic/NSW, 9pm -Qld and 8pm -WA). We'll discuss tactics and then be on our merry way to just go spam crazy! :yay:

Oh! And Shaz's ts should be going nuts during the evening! Hahaha

err.....:eek:.....is it just me or are we giving every other half-prepared team a full skinny on what we are doing? Maybe some of the more sensitive stuff should be mailed...come on now - US and SA and the others do need our help so lets not give it to them too cheaply eh?

Just a thought :scratch2:

BAGS
(Self-appointed Thread Post Security) :cool:

Let's see if I can slip this past the censors ;)

by the way, we'll be tackling *beep*, then *beep*, followed by *beep* and ending with *beep* ;)

- Nightwolf

Last edited:
err.....:eek:.....is it just me or are we giving every other half-prepared team a full skinny on what we are doing? Maybe some of the more sensitive stuff should be mailed...come on now - US and SA and the others do need our help so lets not give it to them too cheaply eh?

BAGS

At the end of the day its not rocket science... you go to the best spawn of the mob with ya best armour, a pile of ammo, a big arse gun, go nuts for 3 hours and just hope you hit more globals than the other teams.

But I know what you are saying.
;)
Shaz Monaro

Last edited:
With the representatives that are picked for each round, it be best that they choose who and what support they need. All others should concentrate on the bonus mobs for additional points.

Each representative should have at least one support crew with him/her at all times. The support can act as a fapper and pack horse.

We should also consider having "floating" support members who are able to do an ammo or repair (amps etc.) runs, at the beck and call of each representative.

Just a thought :scratch2:

BAGS
(Self-appointed Thread Post Security) :cool:

This flaunting of tactics and plans may have a different effect than you're imagining; I looked at it and just thought "Shit! They're really going for it this year!":)

Hurrikane

Hi all, it's so good to be back!!!!!

Business side of things first... that calculation thingy is 3536 for my EP-45 and 2610 for my DAR 9300.

Sounds like things are well and truly underway with lots of info throughout this thread. It took me a long time to read it all and catch up lol... very informative!

I had a practice run on Molisks tonight in preparation for our hunt tomorrow night. Grrrr came and fapped me for the leaders and it all went well, but no globals unfortunately until we moved down to Segna and Grrrr picked up his gun and killed a few Maffs :p

I moved onto the Morsusilex later... I had no problem with the Aetherex in Jag armour... so will happily support any hunters down there if needed. There actually weren't that many Aetherex, mainly Morsusilex and Bery. Well actually, one spot I found didn't have any...

Anyway, good to see Grrrr has everything under control and seems there is no end of people willing to assist in whatever way they can!!

I'm looking forward to the hunt tomorrow night and catching up with everyone :)

Dave and I are very very happy that we finally got our internet connection sorted in time!!!!

Cheers
Missa

23:30 Saturday Night (10:30am Sunday Vic/NSW, 9:30am Qld, 8:30am WA)

Okay, this will be the time bracket I am going to submit to Hurrikane. Can first qualifier hunters please confirm their availability for this time bracket?

Also don't forget Aussie WoF practice run and BBQ in under 6 hours...Get those weapons polished and ready to go! :D

Lucky i'm not a hunter, i dont get to sleep till about 6am or later :eek:

Okay, this will be the time bracket I am going to submit to Hurrikane. Can first qualifier hunters please confirm their availability for this time bracket?

Also don't forget Aussie WoF practice run and BBQ in under 6 hours...Get those weapons polished and ready to go! :D

All good to go for the qualifier and the practice run - see you there. :sniper:

Sorry guys, cant make it to the practice tonight. Think I had enough prac last night and today on Phasm and Atrax, in team and solo. Couple of small HoFs and several decent globals, hope I haven't used up all my luck prior to the real action :rolleyes:
I am however good to go for next weekend! :yay:

Note to Ozi
I recommend the Trax Nth of Nate, however there is a lot of high maturity OA and Stalkers clustered through there. I think the lowest maturity I saw there was an Old, and there wasn't many of them.
Overall, some excellent spawns and close to a revive. Just make sure you have a good fapper and you will be sweet.
Cheers,
Mac ;)

Sorry ppls, i wont be able to make practice tonight, was planning on coming but few rl duties came up so i just cant find the time, but il be sure to make it next saturday, the time suggeseted is ok for me, i have had plenty of practice on phasm on the past, so should be all good. For me, i was thinking, 1 person maybe to occasionally fap and carry all items slowing me down, hides etc, shouldnt really need a clearing crew cause only cpl of caud mixed in between but not many, although sometime spawn can be low so if and spare mob gatherers around there help might come in handy, but phasm r reasonably easy for me so i shouldnt need more than 1 person to help, gl on practice hunt tonight..:)

aussie aussie aussie

20881 25035 TI Castle, for anyone trying to find practice group.

Received from 711 earlier...

Forum has been setup. Awaiting your application.

You will now need to have your team members apply for membership into your forum group, so that they can access the forum.

To do this, they must go to the Group Memberships section of the User Control Panel, and apply to the WOF Team Australia usergroup. You will then need to review group join requests, and approve your members before they will be able to access the forum.

Back