where are the promised footguards?

Haha love it lykke, is that your own paint skills there?

Relax .. they are "save" :laugh::laugh:

footguards.jpg

Lykke, you are the best! :laugh:

P.S. paint rulz!!! =)

J.

It's really hard not to criticize MA for the foot guard problem; while I somehow understand the reason to introduce them, I cannot for the life of me explain why they are so scarce (well... some of them).

Now... I don't expect all the foot guards to be dropped/crafted in the same quantity as, let's say, Pixie, but for some Armor sets it's ridiculous!! And I'm not talking about super-duper-uber sets. A while ago I've looted a Knight harness, and decide to keep it; as I looted a few more pieces, I looked at the stats and realize it's a little better than the almighty Shogun, so I said wth? Why not?
I bought the other pieces that I didn't have, except... you guessed... foot guards!!

It's been a long time now since I started looking for these... and I'm not looking to loot them, but buy them! Even though... no luck so far.

At some point I thought OK... MA is trying to make the game more interesting and challenging; however, as I shortly realized, this is NOT the best way!!!

2) server load - rofl - another MA myth - if this would be the reason what will happen to the server when all players would equip, unequip L armors witch not decays on equiping? SO decay against derver load is a MA myth and sole purpose is to get more income.

[/I][/U][/SIZE]

You know, this "server load" thingy has been bugging me a long time.

When they first upgraded the graphics, and everyone was rushing to try everyting, it seemed fine to add a penality in the form of decay / time to change armor to prevent people changing what they wear every few secs to see how everything looks.

I have done a fair bit of programming.

From what I think of how the EU client should work (this is guessing based on how someone will create a client / server program when you are going to be extra careful on someone exploiting the logic algorithms to gain something), the program we download and install to run the game is a dumb client. It should have all the graphics (wireframes / textures) needed to run the game, and just the ability to display what the server asks it to display.

Everything is decided by the server. For example we press the move button, and the server tells the client to update our position to X,Y and show the appropriate graphics for location + add avatars (including details on what they are wearing / doing, mobs, etc). Likewise, when you fire a weapon at direction X1,Y1 from point X2,Y2, the server decides if it hits anything, and how much damage, and tells the client what to display.

The client itself should have no logic built in. If they are worried about security, and it's a high priority, thats how it would have been done. That's how bank terminals and alot of other sensitive/secure equipment work.

So, when you wear armor, tell me which seems to be more work :

Scenario One :
Client : Armor piece dragged to avatar. Starts timer animation.
Server informed of of Armor piece moved.
Server starts timer to enable protection on that body part with the Armor piece.
Timer stops.
Server deducts decay from Armor piece.
Server tells client that Armor piece has been worn and activated.
Client : Updates display to indicate Armor piece has been activated.

Scenario Two :
Client : Armor piece dragged to avatar.
Server informed of of Armor piece moved.
Server deducts decay from Armor piece.
Server tells client that Armor piece has been worn and activated.
Client : Updates display to indicate Armor piece has been activated.

In between, both will have steps to make sure armor has not gone to minimal decay, and avatar gender matches the armor gender, clients in visibility range informed to update avatar graphics with new armor, etc.

Probably it is something like a C++ class with the avatar instance having a bunch of values which are populated with details on what is on it, action being taken, location, etc.

Seems to me that having no delay to armor up will have less server load and lag.

Of course, this is all assuming that the game works as a dumb client connected to a intelligent server which makes sure everything is as it should be.

:D

Still no footguards in game for Trooper. I thought just maybe with all the robot activity recently that the BPs would have dropped so I could complete my bot fighting armor set.

tons of suprem and shadow footgaurds were looted recently off those scylla things...

well still got no nem footies

funnily i checked ghost ones and they were still silly tt+400 and tt+700...

it's been almost 2 years since foot guards arrived on the scene. I still have not looted any.

But to be honest I seem to have stopped looting armour at all. Pixie seemed once to be a common find for me, to the point I tt's it in quantity, and molisk once looted shogun lots, I got 3 bits in one loot once, and it was not even a glow.

Cant actually remember looting any armour at all this year.

thinking of this makes me understand why I am not nearly as active as I used to be, and why I have not depoed for several months. MA turned the loot off, so I turned the depo's off.

They say "If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got." That's OK, if you are happy with what you get for what you do.
But when you "always do what you always done" and find "you no longer get what you always got" you stop doing what you always done. :rolleyes:

it's been almost 2 years since foot guards arrived on the scene. I still have not looted any... :rolleyes:

ahh, the footguards. this story is almost as old as the one about the Egg. but hey, how many promises have kept water in this virtual world in general...

J.

I still ahve my Dragon Footguards for sale but nobody is interested. I guess what people mean is that they haven't themselves looted the particular footguards which they want.
I have a more radical suggestion. Make footguards a craftable-only item. This would give a boost for the crafters and also make them easier to get hold of. Of course, this assuems a "reasonable" drop rate for the BPs.

Still no footguards in game for Trooper. I thought just maybe with all the robot activity recently that the BPs would have dropped so I could complete my bot fighting armor set.

have you bugged auktuma enough?

i would be surprised if he doesnt have that bp

still ghost footies are insane expensive

have you bugged auktuma enough?

i would be surprised if he doesnt have that bp

still ghost footies are insane expensive

I pmd him some time ago and he did not have it, nor did any other crafter I talked to or PMd. Dub was looking too and last I saw had the same luck I did.

I am beginning to think that those of us that own trooper should start considering it as a unique armor - the only armor without footguards in existance.

oh god :laugh:

this topic is few years old... and most of the comments have gone way too much in oftopic :D

This thread should be locked :rolleyes:

it would be fair to keep it up (and on topic as usual) for those who agreed by posting here there is totally not enough or some foots even do not exist yet will be satisfied. seems that 2 years was not enough time for MA to drop them into loot, nor release missing blueprints and enough of existing BPs. I see loads of agreement, so...

let's just remind them another year or two that this kind of promises are rather simple to keep, and pissing up customers is not healthy for business - things can and should be done politely.

thanks for the input, folks!

J.

Your more likely to find Trooper Footguards SGA right now

And I agree cos footguards hardly drop ... at least not the useful ones... and I am getting sick of L amour.. I want to own my footguards and be able to repair :rolleyes:

the rumour says that we will have enough footguards soon, shhhh...

how come? well, MA promised it after all and they will keep the promise. some missing blueprints will drop etc. - no worries!

2 years! read : two YEARS!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

J.

VU 10.3 coming, could it be The update? :laugh:

J.

Ahhhh the footguards... still waiting for some jag/angel feet to drop for me ;)

I am looking to complete my Knight set for a couple of months now; I've never seen foot guards for sale, but I know they exist.
Why would you make a low-mid armor, without enough foot guards :scratch2:?

Also, I've seen a pair of Ghost footies selling for TT + 500; nuts!

10.3 contained just as little missing footguards as 10.4 and beyond as I heard. two years of this reminder will be full in 10 days after my birthday. I will make myself a present via reminding MA this topic! =)

J.

Isn't this seen as necroing a thread?

Nope...

Forum Rules said:
3.5 - Necroposting
Pointlessly bumping of dormant, inactive threads causes confusion for other members and visitors who may not notice the original thread post date. A thread is considered inactive if there have been no replies in the last four (4) months. Posting in an inactive thread is strongly discouraged, unless there is a very good reason for reactivating the thread. If you feel an issue or topic from an inactive thread deserves renewed discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum or subforum.

I am still wearing Ghost with Grem feet :mad:

Back