where are the promised footguards?

I've just seen a buying thread a few days ago, when a ridiculous MU (compared to the rest of the parts) was offered for a pair of foot-guards. I don't think he found a seller... yet.

While most people "adapted", and now it became normal to use L or lesser foot-guards, it still makes me sad.
And I believe that over 2 years now is enough to fix this problem.

still wearing grem shoes to my nemesis set

i could also use ghost feet ...

BUMP !!!!

Where are our promised Foot Guards ?? (Hanne ??)

Obviously, you didn't read post #2 from 12-12-2007, 02:57 :laugh:

And Lugzan created this thread 12-12-2007, 11:46 ...
So i must have missed that one ..

BUMP for the Foot Guards ... there are still to many missing Foot Guards ..

put some in the loot pool -> (balance manager) :poke:

Last edited:
yes,

soon it will be 3 years since promised and we still see sets which have far from enough of foots...

elbow and neck protection is what I personally miss the most after foots, I hope those come soon aswell, been waiting so long...

J.

elbow and neck protection is what I personally miss the most after foots, I hope those come soon aswell, been waiting so long...

J.

voicing out ideas like this is like giving monkey a granade - baaad idea ))

I got pixie foot guards just last Saturday , you want those? They look great with any set, I'll sell them to you for a great price :laugh:

Otherwise, you have to follow Post #2 advice and pick the right mob at the right time and learn to adapt :laugh:

I notice a lot of mis-matched feet on armor sets - either a new fashion statement or the needed foot guards for some are still not around enough for everyone

either a new fashion statement or the needed foot guards for some are still not around enough for everyone

I wonder how many magic slippers are being held ransom for WAY to much? :confused:

Yes, MA/FPC can release more, more is always good. I'm just wondering how many cases (like your Trooper case Johned) where they are technically available, but for some IRL or greed reason, haven't found the right homes yet.

I wonder how many magic slippers are being held ransom for WAY to much? :confused:

Yes, MA/FPC can release more, more is always good. I'm just wondering how many cases (like your Trooper case Johned) where they are technically available, but for some IRL or greed reason, haven't found the right homes yet.

I wonder that in the case of some of the more popular sets quite a bit. Are there more bps sitting around in books just for collection or do some hold them and wait for prices to raise.

I got pixie foot guards just last Saturday , you want those? They look great with any set, I'll sell them to you for a great price :laugh:

Otherwise, you have to follow Post #2 advice and pick the right mob at the right time and learn to adapt :laugh:

well, if all of the different foots were simply about adopting to the price asked for them, majority would not take it as reasonable solution. those that have either fat wallets or steady income ingame NEVER had any actual problems adopting, right? =)

moreover, I have a feeling I am not the only one tired of bending over, or this is how I see adopting to the situation in this case... =(

what I am not tired of is reminding the topic over and over again until I see people being finally OK with it. I can continue ignoring the lack myself and wearing imp pixie for instance but as long as I see many people unsatisfied here and ingame I will continue reminding it, sorry! =P

J.

I see the situation on Ghost foot guards is STILL the same all these years later. :mad:

Get off the pot MA and correct this shameful problem you created.

i agree its utterly stupid how difficult it is to get foorguard BPs...especially for some of the lower armour sets too. Berserker Samurai Valiant etc etc...then again it also stupid that the BPs are STILL limited. FFS why have an L bp in a set of UL? if anyone can see the sense in it then please explain it to me as i can't.

FFS why have an L bp in a set of UL?

Makes it easier to control the supply on the market? :dunno:

Regardless, I agree.. Footguards are the hardest to loot by far and often the hardest to find when buying, also.
I see many people unable to complete sets due to this and in my time with EU I've only looted maybe 8-10 pairs of footguards when I've easily looted over 500 pieces of armor in total (either UL or L).
Let's see if I can recollect; pixie x2, kobold, shogun x2, gremlin, tiger L, jaguar L

Pretty sure that's all :(

Latest news (second-handed so to speak) about ghost footguards:

Someone at Sweat Camp said that Buzz have a 80 click BP of Ghost Footguard, but he have decided not to "flood the market" since it would ruin the markup.

I don't know if this is true or not - I haven't seen him advertise or anything about this.

soon the thread will become 4 years old and when we check the prices, some of the footguards cost several times more than the other parts together. I can not call it a poor balancing but zero of it in this particular area...

now, since several competitors of PE are awaited to be shut down sooner or later, all those players will move here. moreover, after the WoW planet or similar will be created (and it will) we could have room for them but not enough foots for all the elvses/dwarfses!!!

J.

soon the thread will become 4 years old and when we check the prices, some of the footguards cost several times more than the other parts together. I can not call it a poor balancing but zero of it in this particular area...

now, since several competitors of PE are awaited to be shut down sooner or later, all those players will move here. moreover, after the WoW planet or similar will be created (and it will) we could have room for them but not enough foots for all the elvses/dwarfses!!!

J.

Forget all the promises, you know who always keeps his promises.:lolup:

We got leprechaun shoes some year ago from FPC. (I wonder if we'll get green coat and pants also :laugh:)

As for Elves, I still haven't learned how to use the wings we got for flying.

I've played a bit recently after over a year break. Was tempted to maybe give it another try, because there have been many nice improvements in that time, including some things that players asked for (like an in-game crafting auto clicker).

But seeing this thread again reminds me that the essentials have not changed yet. Whatever you might invest for fun here can be arbitrarily nerfed at any time. We generally don't like games where one party can change the rule at anytime, but it's even harder to swallow when you decided to make significant monetary investments in the game.

well, the problem is defined right there in the EULA - they can and will change any ingame factor as they please. let me translate it to you to human language - it does not matter how much money you or anyone else puts in, the owner does what he likes, so you better be filthy rich to survive all the possible losses.

so I hear you, things like that plus empty promises are reasons the game is avoided by masses, because internet spreads the word and the bad one moves faster logically...

what really amazes me is - how hard could it be to let out a little more missing boots or some more of the needed blueprints to make more sense or simply to keep promises? =)

J.

I've played a bit recently after over a year break. Was tempted to maybe give it another try, because there have been many nice improvements in that time, including some things that players asked for (like an in-game crafting auto clicker).

But seeing this thread again reminds me that the essentials have not changed yet. Whatever you might invest for fun here can be arbitrarily nerfed at any time. We generally don't like games where one party can change the rule at anytime, but it's even harder to swallow when you decided to make significant monetary investments in the game.

Bump. I am still short a pair of ghost foot guard and I am still not about to pay five times the rest of the set to get them.

Bump. I am still short a pair of ghost foot guard and I am still not about to pay five times the rest of the set to get them.

Thats simply supply and demand, if there aren't any freely available, the one guy who wants to sell can ask whatever he wants. I know you've been in EU for a while, Konve, you should know this :laugh: I use vigi guards for my feet since they match my ghost armor ha... because I do agree that they cost more than I'm willing to pay.

and yet another year has passed...

situation any better for you? :girl:

J.

P.S. in 5 days it will be 5 years since the topic was started - would you believe it that the situation is still bad with many pairs of foots? =)

Last edited:
I sold my ghost just because of the shortage of Foots, I have NO IDEA why MA does not want us to have those sets full, it's just so f-in sad...

I sold my ghost just because of the shortage of Foots, I have NO IDEA why MA does not want us to have those sets full, it's just so f-in sad...

indeed,

I refuse to believe that those who created the situation have no idea how many sets are still not full - they should have the data at hand. I presume they also should have seen this topic here more than once during the years.

seems such a trivial thing to raise the drop rate until the sets are full again. and why I am seriously pissed is that I can not treat any of my clients that way, more over that long...

:wise:

J.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I looted *any* item of armor... :confused:

TY for keeping this thread alive.
It is amazing to see how poorly MA treats their players (and somehow gets "away" with it).

One loud "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" from me to the MA (un)ballancing team.

Generally I think that repairable armor drops.

For ghost (and simular armors from that generation) is that there are blueprints for the initial 6 parts, but for the footguards the blueprint is (L). And, I got the feeling that MA at that time saw that a lot of players were using ghost, and one way to reduce its popularity was to limit the supply of full armor sets by limiting drops of footguard blueprint.

Later, I think someone occasionally got footguards when crafting normal ghost parts (but rarely), to a degree to even out the suppply a bit. And right now there probably isn't someone active who's skilling armor crafting on ghost.

As for generally looting armor, a few days ago I got Eon footguards and Shadow thighguards from a spider. There was just one catch: They were (L). I sold the thigguards (M) to a teammate (I couldn't use them myself).

It seems though like some armors have stopped dropping; colonizer(L) and that customizable(L) one. I got a vague memory that Martial drop also stopped (or is held back drastically) - no idea about the other (L) armors tough it seems that currently there seems to be a bit of Shadow(L) in auction though. I guess it was an idea that failed: Colonizer had generally low TT-value, so when sold in auction each part gets a rather high markup (in %). I guess Colonizer was ment to be be the calypso eqvivalent of the Arkadia TT-armor.

Back to topic a bit regarding footguards:
I had a bit of a problem to find Hunter Mentor Edition footguards (F), but that's mainly because of the way that armor is balanced; a lot more (M) than (F) parts, and some parts like faceguards dropped alot while others were rarer.

For crafted armors like Ghost (and Trooper, until someone got the blueprint) the problem isn't balancing but rather the relatively low number of "clicks". And today I think the known Ghost armor crafter isn't much ingame, unfortunately. (I also once asked Buzz Lightyear as there was a rumor he had a blueprint, but he told me he didn't have any.)

Last edited:
Back