Question: How do you deal with this situation?

This scenario, can and probably has happened, in any PVP situation. Miners in PVP4 etc

All based on trust, if you don't trust them don't deal. If you do trust them.......pinch of salt ;)

Rgds

Ace

So you agree that it is ok now to trick people into losing their stuff?

No one should report the second and third situation to MA since it is the same as the first?

Or, would you say that anytime a passenger is looted they should file a support case so MA will investigate whether the Pilot and the PKers were working together?

So you agree that it is ok now to trick people into losing their stuff?

No one should report the second and third situation to MA since it is the same as the first?

Or, would you say that anytime a passenger is looted they should file a support case so MA will investigate whether the Pilot and the PKers were working together?

Not really sure what you are getting at here

All i was saying, is that is happened/is happening in all pvp zones and not isolated to space. For good or bad.

Just a warning to people venturing into these areas, make sure you trust whoever your agreement is with, and take that trust with a pinch of salt. It is amazing the little amount some people will turn to the darkside for......

Greed is part of human nature, here from the beginning and here until the end of time. It will never go away....so trust is important.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: for the record i do NOT condone this behaviour

Reactions: Dab
Thieves are theives no matter what you want to call it.

The main objective of a whole bunch of people in EVE is see how much they can steal from other players.

EU is RCE, EvE is playmoney as Usurper said.

If MA wants the ethics of EVE here then get ready for a decline in players participating in the economy and also for an influx of thieves.
Way to go MA!

My main concern is if MA keeps it as it is today... we might be seeing the begining of the end of EU.... MA is shooting it's own feet (new planets and casual players)...and dragging itself to it's own grave!

Last edited:

I would make a report case.
No way a bunch of pirates are able to pin point targets outside the station areas unless they have inside information (one pirate is possible, more is very unlikelly since waiting for nothing to happen is very very boring).

Not sure what to say about it... there are good points on both sides.
Since it's MA that created space, I'm suprised they didn't create zones that are
safe to travell in, but that are taxed... :D ;)

The thing i see is that there is one simple and yet emensly elegant sulotion to all this.
Make the loot come from the lootpool, not from the killed player.
In sthis way, pvp can be fun, you can even ATH on a PK and the victim doesn't suffer more loss than to
repair the ship.
The PK'ers can hunt other players like any other mob and there will be more to hunt since the players
hunted doesn't run the risk of being viped out.

And hey, i would almost feel kinda proud if i was looted for an ATH in this way lol

Simple and elegant!

The thing i see is that there is one simple and yet emensly elegant sulotion to all this.
Make the loot come from the lootpool, not from the killed player.
In sthis way, pvp can be fun, you can even ATH on a PK and the victim doesn't suffer more loss than to
repair the ship.
The PK'ers can hunt other players like any other mob and there will be more to hunt since the players
hunted doesn't run the risk of being viped out.

And hey, i would almost feel kinda proud if i was looted for an ATH in this way lol

Simple and elegant!
except for two avatars taking turns killing each other until they get the global?

and that doesn't include the free increasing of their ranks. (one good one evil).

How do you deal with it? You find a way, or you don't go.

IF i would be Pirate in space, i would only camp for Re-Sellers :) they would have lot stuff with em lmao worth of Pirating..for Regular Joe´s i would just say Helou have nice trip :)

From my experience in pvp4, pk:ers have killed me after my first landing in pvp4 (=when I'm obviously "empty").

In ordet not to miss that trader, I think they pretty much kill anyone they see, if not for anything else but as target practice.

This scenario, can and probably has happened, in any PVP situation. Miners in PVP4 etc

All based on trust, if you don't trust them don't deal. If you do trust them.......pinch of salt ;)

Rgds

Ace

The big difference is ... on planets we have a choice - in space we don't, and if we're not amenable to having our stackables looted that we'd like to transport to another planet, then we either have to take chances or spend even more ped to have someone else take the risk, which is not guaranteed.

Bottom-line ... we are relegated to play on one planet if we can't afford to take the risk to transport stackables, or have the luxury of contracting with someone else to do it. Telling someone to just not go into space or don't carry stackables is just ridiculous, because you're telling that person that it doesn't matter how they have chosen to play the game for possibly years, which included choosing not to go into PvP zones, and certainly not into lootable PvP zones. MA is one thing, but what gives you the right to tell another player how to play EU? :scratch2:

MA has basically said to those who don't care to engage in PvP - especially lootable PvP - which I'm willing to bet is definitely the majority of our player base, that they don't care that we invest real money to enjoy EU in the manner that we have chosen to, and decided to go the route of increasing their cash flow in a way they knew without a doubt that they would be able to.

It's also kind of tiring to hear about other games who have PvP space (like EvE) compared to EU when they don't operate with an RCE. I think that's the key factor here ... MA doesn't seem to care that they have asked us to risk our real money if we want to continue playing this game the way we have in the past, with the opportunity to explore other planets when they come online.

I understand that planet partners are supposed to bring in their own player base, and I know that Arkadia is definitely working on that, but ... even in the future, once individual planet partners have developed their player base, it's the same scenario. I can see the advertising now ...

ENTROPIA UNIVERSE

Entropia Universe is an advanced 3D online virtual environment with a
developed planetary system and one universal Real Cash Economy system.

Each planet offers a wide variety of exciting entertainment.
You can travel between the planets through space and socialize with people from all over the world.

It does not cost anything to join and there are no subscription fees.
The Entropia Universe economy is built on an advanced micro-payment system,
giving you as a participant a great freedom-of-choice.​

System Requirements
Blah, Blah, Blah ...

Disclaimer and Warning

(1) We cannot be held responsible for any lost items while traveling through space.
DEAL WITH IT

(2) Whether you deposit or not, your stackables are belong to the pirates should you
risk entering space to explore other planets even though we told you that
you could because we provide a wide variety of exciting entertainment.
DEAL WITH IT

(3) Whether you carry stackables or not, your ass belongs to the pirates who
may lay in wait for you to enter a PvP zone, which means that you
might encounter repeated delays in arriving at your destination.
DEAL WITH IT

(4) We endorse and support the pirates of space because ... well, they are helping
to pay our bills since many just deposited a shitload of real money to acquire
either a Mothership, or other viable spacecraft to venture into space.
DEAL WITH IT

(5) Bottom-line ... we don't care what your reasons are for joining this universe!
DEAL WITH IT

EDIT:

I just wanted to state that I know that all those who purchased a Mothership don't claim themselves as being pirates, and that their intention is to be more of a positive force in space rather than a menace, so to them I give respect in their efforts to at least present options that may be of help.

Even though it doesn't eliminate the additional fees that one must end up paying, perhaps it will be less than what we had to pay via the teleporter transport to other planets. However, I've already seen where one Mothership manager posted that the fee was 90 - 120 ped, but I'm not sure if that's for one person, several people, or whether it has something to do with distance, so fees are still up in the air right now.

Last edited:
Don't use Space! Eventually the PKs will get bored and PK each other. Law of the pact mentality when no food is around it becomes a dog eat dog world.

So you set off to arkadia and some guy shoots you down, ok u repair and set off again. He then shoots you down again and again and again. He may be doing it for fun, or he may be trying to force you to pay him to take you to your destination.

So what do you do about this? Sending a support is not an option imo, firstly it's gonna take a day or 2 at best before anything is done and secondly why should you report someone for engaging in a ligitimate activity.

why have you dismissed an obvious option. why is it legitimate activity?

you arent carrying anything the first time, you're not going to be carrying anything second time, shirley? this example is no different to people killing people at the revive, or when you're hunting , both of which happen. is that legitmate, unethical, harrasment or what?

im no PvPer, but this makes space interesting. space without any of this... a bit pointless. might as well have TPs rather than spend decay and time drifting across space between planets. its got its down side, the risk, but i would wiat to see if the warp drives and hangar based craft mitigate this, i would hope/expect they provide fast enough travel to make piracy a negligable risk for those passengers.

... i would wiat to see if the warp drives and hangar based craft mitigate this, i would hope/expect they provide fast enough travel to make piracy a negligable risk for those passengers.

That may be a redeeming factor in all of this if the hangar owners got a ship with warp drive, or some other feature that would provide a safer and less risky passage through space. I would hope that hangar owners would get something that would make their business viable again, as well as a usage for their hangars.

I know they got an email stating that they would be receiving their ships soon, and ... I think they have learned that it will be more than a Fighter and less than a Mothership, but there's still a lot up in the air about that as well. With warp drives coming into play - and not knowing what all spacecraft will be able to utilize them - it might changes things up a bit, but we don't have all the fact about this yet.

In the meantime ... it's all been said already. :)

It will must release the "space thruster bp" inside many crafting processes, so that the price of "space thruster", is not artificially raised by the crafters and allow more people to make the space flight ... so there will be not only one space ship for shot down, over and over again, in space ..

while being in calypso is the best option ..

To everyone bitching about not having a choice, your choice is to stay on the planet you are currently on or risk space. Planets are supposed to be self contained games, not easily connected areas.

To everyone bitching about not having a choice, your choice is to stay on the planet you are currently on or risk space. Planets are supposed to be self contained games, not easily connected areas.

Bollocks.

MA post HOFs and discoveries from all planets. They want us interested in other planets.

BPs are set up to use stackables from other planets. They want goods to flow.

Thats not the design of self-contained games.

Personally I want to be able to travel between two of the planets with minimum fuss and thats all fkd up now. I dont want to trade in stackables I just want to go about my business and enjoy the game.

Here is a silly question is it possible to Wormhole via mindforce people to to other planets? If so I may just find someone that can do that. I'd pay wormhole people before spaceship people because I could take my stackables with and no fear of getting looted.

Just thinking of all possibilities of getting around PvP Lootable space. So far doing the ship recall method is only option but wormhole may be another if that is possible.

Just thinking of all possibilities of getting around PvP Lootable space. So far doing the ship recall method is only option.

Now I am curious... how does that work? :eek:

Here is a silly question is it possible to Wormhole via mindforce people to to other planets? If so I may just find someone that can do that. I'd pay wormhole people before spaceship people because I could take my stackables with and no fear of getting looted.

Just thinking of all possibilities of getting around PvP Lootable space. So far doing the ship recall method is only option but wormhole may be another if that is possible.

It's not possible

I have heard people skip from outpost to outpost through space. they have multiple vtol's they fill one up with stuff spawn it on a safe space station. fly the other to the next closes safe zone has to be within 15 minutes. then do a recall on all vehicles. being there is no storage in space it recalls to your inventory and you can then respawn it and fly to next spot until you get to you final destination.... the 15 minute thing is something I am not sure of but my vehicles if left a distance from me for 15 minutes or longer get auto recalled to storage. I am just guessing that happens in space also. Not sure if that is a bug or what but all my vehicles do it.

from the release notes i would assume:

two vehicles, one you load up with your lootables the other you travel in.. you leave one vehicle (the one with the lootables) spawned on a station then travel as fast as you can to the next station in your travel vehicle.. then recall your storage vehicle.. repeat for each station... leap-frog style.

but of course i haven't tested so thats only conjecture.

It's not possible

:'(..... could have been a way to bring up the sweat usage also but guess wormhole idea is out....

If you don't carry stackables then space is no different and no more dangerous than most of Amethera.

I'm sure all of you people complaining about space have been to Amethera.

:'(..... could have been a way to bring up the sweat usage also but guess wormhole idea is out....

The recall vehicle option will probably be out soon also. And another that I won't mention.

I myself also do not want to rely on other people to protect me in space so I had two options left;
1)Stay out of space
2)Get an Interceptor and arm it

This is not about MA making space only for the PKers, they made it for everyone, all you need is the right gear. The possible danger makes space fun. The fact that space levels the PVP playing field, is awesome. Now I don't need 50k USD just to stand a chance in PVP. Now it comes down to a few hundred USD(and selling my UL jag/nem set paid for everything I needed) and my real life skills.
Oh and PVP loot from the loot pool? That's sarcasm right?

Here I think this pretty much sums up space;

The recall vehicle option will probably be out soon also. And another that I won't mention.

ya most likely... so I'll just stay planet side till I get bored and quit.

This is not about MA making space only for the PKers, they made it for everyone, all you need is the right gear. The possible danger makes space fun. The fact that space levels the PVP playing field, is awesome. Now I don't need 50k USD just to stand a chance in PVP. Now it comes down to a few hundred USD(and selling my UL jag/nem set paid for everything I needed) and my real life skills.

Not everyone like that type of danger, especially getting looted. If I go to Next Island it would kind of suck if I would lose all time travel crystals before arriving there.

It's a different thing if you're exploring in pvp4, knowing what you are doing, and limiting your risk to whatever level you have decided (for instance, not bringing anything into lootable area, and regularily visit storage each time you have gotten x ped TT of stackables). For space there is no option, you have to bring along everything you are going to use on another planet all the way.

And selling a set of Jag to buy something (L) isn't an option for everyone. The day I sell my ghost/vigi is pretty much the day I stop playing seriously - and my armors doesn't' even cover the price for the interceptor. Heck, I think selling my ghost without the footguards won't even cover the (L) thrusters.

Compared to before, 80 ped in TP fee was pretty cheap, compared to the 3000 ped interceptor+thruster costs now. Especially since now there is no guarantee you'll keep what you bring with you. In the old days a VIP flight to CND did cost 160 ped, now it's 150 ped to rent a ship - and again, nowdays if you have bad luck you can lose some of what you are carrying.

Personally, I wouldn't think losing my Time Travel Crystals, Telemans Coin or (until MA fixes it) Welding Wire would be fun, even if a pk:er who get those in his inventory probably would be happier.

As for standing a chance in pvp; if you buy a marber-bravo or something (even a p5 or opalo) and chill for a while at ring in Twin Peaks you'll get your chance sooner or later. If you feel you want to fight for something, you can always visit the oil rig, it's totally free and you won't lose anything beside the chance of getting oil if you get killed there. And again; oil rig is voluntary. You can always buy TT mining gear and start looking for oil by yourself if you don't want to risk your life at the rig - the rig isn't the only way to get oil.

Last edited:
Not being able to carry stackables through space is not a fault of space, it's a fault of the other planets for not having a fully viable economy yet, where you can sell what you loot.

And space is new and we have not seen all options yet. All of these end of the world posts are over the top and premature.

Not everyone like that type of danger, especially getting looted. If I go to Next Island it would kind of suck if I would lose all time travel crystals before arriving there.

It's a different thing if you're exploring in pvp4, knowing what you are doing, and limiting your risk to whatever level you have decided (for instance, not bringing anything into lootable area, and regularily visit storage each time you have gotten x ped TT of stackables). For space there is no option, you have to bring along everything you are going to use on another planet all the way.

And selling a set of Jag to buy something (L) isn't an option for everyone. The day I sell my ghost/vigi is pretty much the day I stop playing seriously - and my armors doesn't' even cover the price for the interceptor. Heck, I think selling my ghost without the footguards won't even cover the (L) thrusters.

Compared to before, 80 ped in TP fee was pretty cheap, compared to the 3000 ped interceptor+thruster costs now. Especially since now there is no guarantee you'll keep what you bring with you. In the old days a VIP flight to CND did cost 160 ped, now it's 150 ped to rent a ship - and again, nowdays if you have bad luck you can lose some of what you are carrying.

Personally, I wouldn't think losing my Time Travel Crystals, Telemans Coin or (until MA fixes it) Welding Wire would be fun, even if a pk:er who get those in his inventory probably would be happier.

As for standing a chance in pvp; if you buy a marber-bravo or something (even a p5 or opalo) and chill for a while at ring in Twin Peaks you'll get your chance sooner or later. If you feel you want to fight for something, you can always visit the oil rig, it's totally free and you won't lose anything beside the chance of getting oil if you get killed there. And again; oil rig is voluntary. You can always buy TT mining gear and start looking for oil by yourself if you don't want to risk your life at the rig - the rig isn't the only way to get oil.

Only your stackable loots are in danger your armor, ammo, and weapons and tools are safe and will not be looted.

Piracy/stealing are probably a result of a narrow view of the world...both in real world, and in the VW

Your statement (below) is probably the most accurate representation of the views of the pirates of EU.

Another narrow view from another (pirates/potential pirates?)

Yes, thats what the complainers don't have.

I will repeat one thing i said:

From what time is traveling to space safe? :0

it was just b4 VU 12.0 people could fly through space (there was space b4, MA just didn't call it Space... and we all know about beacons) either via TP or by spaceships ...how is it possible not to remember that

So, please keep reading and help broaden your mind, and enjoy the universe :)

Bollocks.

MA post HOFs and discoveries from all planets. They want us interested in other planets.

BPs are set up to use stackables from other planets. They want goods to flow.

Thats not the design of self-contained games.

Personally I want to be able to travel between two of the planets with minimum fuss and thats all fkd up now. I dont want to trade in stackables I just want to go about my business and enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Back