News: CryEngine2 Avatar Pictures Released

PINKY

Elite
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Pinky
title_464968.gif

Today, 17th April 2009, MindArk published some new pictures from the forthcoming CryEngine update to Entropia Universe. This time the pictures were of avatars in various clothing, armor and at different times of day.

1_992711.jpg

Last week MindArk released pictures of some familiar places on Calypso.

2_178610.jpg

One thing is for sure, with these excellent new "taster" pictures, the buzz surrounding the impending graphics and physics update is sure to increase even more!

Cryengine Familiar Places discussion HERE

Ahhh thank you Pinky,Much better ;):D

nice info, and thank god for making the home page :p

pinky to the rescue! thx for moving your barbie post down a notch ;).

My, what a fantastic story!! Great job, Pinky :thumbup:

I hope you did not miss your movie ;)

holy crap! man that looks awesome

what armor is that?

cause it looks awesome!
:yay::yay::yay:

Everyday that passes, that has news screenshots, im become more and more convinced that we are overexpecting. and cry2 wil have nothing realy new..:(

Which one of the women is Barbie? ;)

Nice news headline - very quickly updated too!

Looks like I may have to invest in some clothes. They look... somewhat good here :eek:

I'm just glad Barbie's off the front page....no offense, MS9 :laugh:

I'm just glad Barbie's off the front page....no offense, MS9 :laugh:

Why no offense to me Hon ... I didn't write the Barbie article, Pinky did it. :laugh:

Or, or, or ... are YOU callin' me BARBIE??? :scratch2: my BarbieStar9 toon has been long gone my dear. ;) Luv ya though! :D

Why no offense to me Hon ... I didn't write the Barbie article, Pinky did it. :laugh:

DOH!! :ahh: Apologies to you both, then...sorry Pinky...got my colours mixed up!!!

Or, or, or ... are YOU callin' me BARBIE??? :scratch2: my BarbieStar9 toon has been long gone my dear. ;) Luv ya though! :D

Ahhh, well, you see, my dear...if it's on the 'Net, it's never gone...hehhehheh!!! As a matter of fact, if you go to this link...(active link deleted), you'll see that that toon is indeed alive and well...:evilgrin:

Last edited:
My, what a fantastic story!! Great job, Pinky :thumbup:

I hope you did not miss your movie ;)

:wtg: yay! Glad you appreciated the depth and thought that went into that article :D

The good news is I didnt miss the film... the bad news is Crank 2 is the biggest pile of shite I have ever seen!

The really good news is Barbie has been bumped.

I have been afk from this game now for a while, but have MA told yet when this CE2 will come?

barbie in armor............. :yay:
thx pinky.... ;)

+rep for the quick story

Thanks for finally putting up a new newsitem. ;)
That joke was on the top about two weeks longer then was a good idea.
(Next year, at least mark it with a big "This is a joke"-border after a day or two, its not that obvious for casual visitors)

Great work, Pinks, Front-Page-Tastic :thumbup:

the bad news is Crank 2 is the biggest pile of shite I have ever seen!

Aw Noooo, really!? I was looking forward to it. Crank was Awesome...

Great work, Pinks, Front-Page-Tastic :thumbup:

Aw Noooo, really!? I was looking forward to it. Crank was Awesome...

Yeah, Crank was good. This is the most terrible movie ever made.

The best example I can give is try to imagine Crank 1 on acid with old school godzilla Vs Mothra style filming of a fight scene.

Yes, I am serious. Grown men in a Jason Statham and bad guy mask fight in slow motion over a minituraized powerstation alla Godzilla. I wept at this point.

Physics? What Physics? I don't mean to poke but I don't think MA/FPC have mentioned they willl be using any of the cryengine 2 physics yet. Like so many things, its an unknown quantity that we will get anything like that.

Wistrel

Physics? What Physics? I don't mean to poke but I don't think MA/FPC have mentioned they willl be using any of the cryengine 2 physics yet. Like so many things, its an unknown quantity that we will get anything like that.

Wistrel

Apologies - part of the problem with writing news stories when I dont play the game any more (and why I have avoided doing so)... this story was just knocked up in 5-10 mins to bump the silly barbie one from the first page rather than being an indepth article about the implications of cryengine.

Kind of a pointless update if no physics are used though isnt it?

Thanks for the info! Looking good!

so u followed Vechs advise to use it on the frontpage :)

what do i care about CE2. PE is not about graphics u all now that!

Looks nice,but armor models stil are much worse than earlier,before update which changed them.

Loads of respect to the designers/artists/whoever are making this but...

You don't need CE2 for these graphics, this doesn't come even a tad bit close to "good" graphics. This can be done on much older engines (for example the one we're using now)

I pray there's way more improvement before it gets released....:confused:

Looks nice,but armor models stil are much worse than earlier,before update which changed them.

Oh, please, give me a break... they changed the entire style for that one, and it looks much better than that old choppy blocky stuff. Only a few peole with really expensive armor liked it because they stood out more.

And to the poster above who said that we can use these on our current engine, we certainly could. But this change is more about the environment, I do believe, than an avatar upgrade.

One more comment on the screenies: it may be ugly from far away, but if my past CE2 experience is any indicator, it will be much better up close ;)

Back