EF Rules Discussion

Status
Skam said:
Oh you sound so positive while debating with rolling eyes :rolleyes: I really feel like answering you in a proper way!

No matter, I will not loose my head because someone disagrees with me. its a gift.

If you wish for something in particular in EU, just write what you want to be seen. I dont mean you should descirbe exactly what is happening in another game.
Do you after all really want the EXACT same feature in EU as in other games? :scratch:

Look. You tell me the question I raised was answered by MB. And then you go against his answer by suggesting I use the wish list? Either I can accept MB's reply, which didn't make much sense, or I could use the way you described, but which would prove that my question was not answered by MB.

And no. I don't want anything in PE, other than a way to finish the deals I have pending in the fastest possible way so I can uninstall the game.

However, I do think that at least having a system within PE that is as good or better than other game's implementation. And why waste time by describing a system when you just could say you would like a system similar to that game by Blizzard?

Other game companies are bigger, and more professional that MA is. So why let MA discover the wheel all over again, if they can just check other games for their implementation? I am sure they already do, and just "borrow" content. It cannot hurt to point them to specific areas of a game's implementation that the playerbase thinks would be useful in PE as well.

Skam said:
Because its a forum for Entropia Universe. :duh:
If it was a forum for everything you wished to discuss, it would be alot of crap in the forum that had nothing to do with EU.
So lots of stuff that has nothing to do with EU, and when your trying to find something that is acctually about EU, you can only find off-topic posts and posts about other forum, S&M and whatnot you wish to discuss that has nothing to do about this game.

People come here to discuss the game, and to be a member of the EU-community. Not for discussing everything else..

:duh: = makes you sound so positive while debating ;)

It is no were said that people should turn EF into a mmo discussing/debating forum. It is still EF - Entropia forum - and I'm sure people understands that. What pisses me off - and I'm sure a lot of others is, that when we once in a while, and yes, that happens, are mentioning a game name - it's getting deleted. It's just really really childish.

A forum section on EF for other mmorphs was my idea - not others. I did say later on that it might be too much - then again, it is possible to make a section like that with all sort of "crap" like we have fun stuff etc.

I have / I am on other game forums were discussing other games are possible. It brings another level to the forum AND to the gameplay. Sometimes it is really nice to be able to constructively debating things not only about the game - but also other possibilites and making comparisons. And no, doing it in the wishlist is not the same. And yes, possible - but wont bring the same to it as if you can make an openwide debate not wrapped in cotton!

Any forum with the goal of being a meeting place for people with a common interest will get out of hand without limitations of scope.

Some may from time to time feel the rules or moderation heavy-handed in forums with set topic. But, how good or bad it is reflects in the number of active users.

As I understand it one fundamental thought was to keep this forum clean from whiny quitting posts and nagging about other mmorgs. So, now we can look around and ask ourselves, is this a successful EU-forum or not? if it is successful why try to change the fundament?

( umhhh i missed a load it seems so i wonder, Why did EF get a new Owner???)

Why cant we donate anymore, Does this implicate that EF is going commercial?

What are the plans with EF, How will EF be Paid for now that no donations are needed?

Will we get more adds?

Please update me on this, as ive been gone for 3 weeks and like to know whats happening, Yes i searched but couldnt find the answers.

Mr or Mrs or Ms 711 can you use a copyrighted trademark as your avatar on a forum?
I did need a magnifying glass to see it but it is there

If so i have a question for Marco
Can I use the nice Entropia E logo freely on the website i am currently developing, without the fear of getting a lawyer on my cute behind? :girl:

Is it allowed to sell RL items or services for peds in the trade section?

alana said:
Can I use the nice Entropia E logo freely on the website i am currently developing, without the fear of getting a lawyer on my cute behind? :girl:

wiki uses lots of images from EU. It has a line at the bottom of each page which says:

All images are © MindArk PE and are believed to be used under the terms of fair use.

Fair use is defined here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

It seems to refer to US law rather than Swedish law but at any rate I doubt MA will mind as long as your site is about EU, and promotes it in a positive light...

The second question every i asked to a mod, and its again unanswered.

Why is it that I can't politely ask a question about something to a mod and expect a decent answer? I am kinda getting pissed about this, as i really don't understand why I am doing that should result in no reply.

1. Is asking a question wrong?
2. Is it wrong for me to not understand certain things?

I ask a simple question cause i did not understand something that was said. I dont nag or flame or bash or insult anyone on this forum as far as I know.. I am really pissed about this but I do my best to control my emotions and keep it a clean discussion . Same as for my private message to the mod.

So why am I getting pissed about not getting an answer? Cause its sooo simple just to reply with, I don't feel like discussing it, which would be fine, but no reply is the same as ignoring. This means I find the way that my question is handles by the forum rude and therefor insulting.

This isnt the first time, actually it happend all 2 times i sent something to a mod. I am really trying to stay polite while typing this and its damn hard.

I don't care about the questions I asked anymore, they were so simple that anyone could of answered them. What I do care about is how ppl here treat me.

So my question now is, according to the rules i should pm a mod at certain moments instead of publically ask them. But WHY would I even ask a mod in private if you dont get reactions? How should i do it then? Well im starting to get ready to be the next loudmouth arround as ppl just treat others like shit, not only members, but also mods and owners of this forum..

The only reaction i got in my last question was in the lines of "you don't know what its about" which i did/do. A stupid reaction not to have to answer a simple question. I didnt even question the locking of a thread, purely a question about what the mod said. Apparently that is offensive, or aggressive, or nagging orso. I dunno. What makes me beneath you people? What makes you better then me? Or is it normal where you guys are from to treat people like shit?

I wont say all mods are like this but 2 of them are.

Jimmy B said:
wiki uses lots of images from EU. It has a line at the bottom of each page which says:

All images are © MindArk PE and are believed to be used under the terms of fair use.

Fair use is defined here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

It seems to refer to US law rather than Swedish law but at any rate I doubt MA will mind as long as your site is about EU, and promotes it in a positive light...

There is the correct exact stance on this inside the EULA ;)

Skam said:
Some people seem to live in here, and get frustrated when they cannot take in every aspect of their life here, like politics, religion, another MMO or something that isnt fit for a forum made for this game in particular.

But Sakm....EU is susposed to be our alternate life. Where we can do anything we want, so says MA. ;)

Had to...just had to... :D

Me thinks we all need to lighten up, yup me included, and recall this is just a game to have fun with....a break from reality.

Now back to your regular programs.....

Squee said:
The second question every i asked to a mod, and its again unanswered.

Why is it that I can't politely ask a question about something to a mod and expect a decent answer? I am kinda getting pissed about this, as i really don't understand why I am doing that should result in no reply.

1. Is asking a question wrong?
2. Is it wrong for me to not understand certain things?

I ask a simple question cause i did not understand something that was said. I dont nag or flame or bash or insult anyone on this forum as far as I know.. I am really pissed about this but I do my best to control my emotions and keep it a clean discussion . Same as for my private message to the mod.

So why am I getting pissed about not getting an answer? Cause its sooo simple just to reply with, I don't feel like discussing it, which would be fine, but no reply is the same as ignoring. This means I find the way that my question is handles by the forum rude and therefor insulting.

This isnt the first time, actually it happend all 2 times i sent something to a mod. I am really trying to stay polite while typing this and its damn hard.

I don't care about the questions I asked anymore, they were so simple that anyone could of answered them. What I do care about is how ppl here treat me.

So my question now is, according to the rules i should pm a mod at certain moments instead of publically ask them. But WHY would I even ask a mod in private if you dont get reactions? How should i do it then? Well im starting to get ready to be the next loudmouth arround as ppl just treat others like shit, not only members, but also mods and owners of this forum..

The only reaction i got in my last question was in the lines of "you don't know what its about" which i did/do. A stupid reaction not to have to answer a simple question. I didnt even question the locking of a thread, purely a question about what the mod said. Apparently that is offensive, or aggressive, or nagging orso. I dunno. What makes me beneath you people? What makes you better then me? Or is it normal where you guys are from to treat people like shit?

I wont say all mods are like this but 2 of them are.

Squee, if you are having trouble getting a response from a moderator, you can always contact me or Mindbuster. As I can recall, you have never sent me a PM on these issues you describe. In any case, our moderators do a VERY good job, especially considering that they donate their time to the forum, and are not paid. I am quite sure they make every effort to respond to all PMs they get in a timely fashion. Again, if for some reason you feel neglected, please PM me, and I can promise you will get a response.

711 said:
Squee, if you are having trouble getting a response from a moderator, you can always contact me or Mindbuster. As I can recall, you have never sent me a PM on these issues you describe. In any case, our moderators do a VERY good job, especially considering that they donate their time to the forum, and are not paid. I am quite sure they make every effort to respond to all PMs they get in a timely fashion. Again, if for some reason you feel neglected, please PM me, and I can promise you will get a response.

This has been taken to a private discussion. I have no intent on naming ppl in public nor go on about the specific topic of this case. I appreciate that you have reponded.

Oh well - it would now appear that it may be easier to post a set of rules on what you CAN do on this forum - for certain the list would be smaller than the current you cannot do - honestly this forum is getting to the point that you cannot post anything anymore without some heavy handed modding going on.

No doubt this message will be removed / deleted?

Very frustrating

[Deleted]

P.P.S. this is an example to show you what needs to be corrected in one way or another. if the person does not follow ethics of normal common behaviour and has enough courage to prove himself acting against his own suggestions, something is really wrong with EF rules or with some particular persons.

J.

Last edited by a moderator:
[DELETED]

I shall be proposing a change to the rep system that so many see fit to abuse in such a childish fasion later on so keep your eyes peeled.

EDIT: Reason for this post was to introduce the discussion on the rep system here

Last edited by a moderator:
711.. im a little unclear about this rule:

Rule # 15
Discussion of computer games or MMORPGs other than EntropiaUniverse is NOT allowed. Any and all such threads or posts will be deleted. Naming, making reference to, or linking to games or game websites other than EntropiaUniverse is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. All references and links of this kind will be removed, including those that appear in avatar pics, member profiles and member signatures.

-------

Does this mean we cant link to for instance, PeAuction ? .. since it isent EntropiaUniverse....

Starfinder said:
711.. im a little unclear about this rule:

Rule # 15
Discussion of computer games or MMORPGs other than EntropiaUniverse is NOT allowed. Any and all such threads or posts will be deleted. Naming, making reference to, or linking to games or game websites other than EntropiaUniverse is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. All references and links of this kind will be removed, including those that appear in avatar pics, member profiles and member signatures.

-------

Does this mean we cant link to for instance, PeAuction ? .. since it isent EntropiaUniverse....

PEauction is not a game. It is an EU community website, so does not violate this rule. I assume you are asking this in order to promote another EU forum? If so, the answer is: yes, you can link to your EU related site.

Roger :D (Dont wanna break any rules)

EyeContact said:
Is it allowed to sell RL items or services for peds in the trade section?

Any comment on this one? It's on the previous page, but hasn't been answered and I can't find anything in the rules, but I think it was not allowed under MB.

EyeContact said:
Any comment on this one? It's on the previous page, but hasn't been answered and I can't find anything in the rules, but I think it was not allowed under MB.

I think this should answer your question ...

Rule # 20
Affiliate or referral links posted with the intention of personal gain are NOT allowed. Advertising real life items or services is also NOT allowed, including such posts as “I’ll make you a nice signature for PEDs” or "Cheap web hosting for societies". If you would like to advertise on EntropiaForum, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every forum page.

Starfinder said:
Roger :D (Dont wanna break any rules)

Linking to a website is one thing, starting an advertising campaign is another. :rolleyes:

imo

MindBuster said:
Linking to a website is one thing, starting an advertising campaign is another. :rolleyes:

imo

ok........

(EDIT)

Those rolling eyes makes me think you dont like seeing ad's for other webistes? .. so a post like "zap's loottable" - whats new.. and so on... that thread is not something you would like to see on the site?
Or is it just sites thats compeeting against you, sorry.. against 711...

Just to show how much more forgiving and "allowing" we are on portalentropia we are basically linking to EF in every second thread.. And 711 can confirm i sendt him a PM yesterday where im asking if it were ok we showed the newest posts from EF, directly on our forum.... Dont be so protective m8.. If your users like your site, they will stay.. if they dont.. dont you think they should be allowed where they want to go, based on all the info they can get?

(Yes - this is very much on topic.. )

Last edited:
Finaly , it happen today :)
Thats sometime i wait to see when the rule Rule # 28 AKA "I am MB and i whant piss of wanda so i will find an excuse to ban her" or " you got an SL avatar , so i ban you" , will be enforced for my own avatar.

Today , i got a PM from a mod asking me to change my avatar pics...

Sudently , i think , how the hell the mod can know that my avatar come from an other game.

I got that avatar because it fit what i whant to looks like.If i was good artist , i would probably draw a nice things myself.
If i was good at 3D softweare , i would probably create something like that...
I could also just use a photoshop effect on my actual avatar so its looks drawed handy.
I could use an avatar from i less well know game like roma victor or ferentus...

And in all that case , noone could say if that avatar was made with my hand , donwloaded on avatar site , screenshoot from other game or what ever.

So , i whent to the point , how make something fair for evryone :

Or this forum stop to chase evrything that is not pure PE , and that seems to be far from the future the forum whant.
Or they just fobiden all avatar that is not pure PE related.

No photo , no image , no word ... nothing at all that dont come cleary from PE.

Etopia said:
Thats sometime i wait to see when the rule Rule # 28 AKA "I am MB and i whant piss of wanda so i will find an excuse to ban her" or " you got an SL avatar , so i ban you" , will be enforced for my own avatar.

Sudently , i think , how the hell the mod can know that my avatar come from an other game.

I got that avatar because it fit what i whant to looks like.If i was good artist , i would probably draw a nice things myself.
I could also just use a photoshop effect on my actual avatar so its looks drawed handy.
I could use an avatar from i less well know game like roma victor or ferentus...

And in all that case , noone could say if that avatar was made with my hand , donwloaded on avatar site , screenshoot from other game or what ever.

Or this forum stop to chase evrything that is not pure PE , and that seems to be far from the future the forum whant.

Holy Crap!!! Did I drink a lil too much to NOT understand what the HECK just went on here??? :dunce:

MudKicker said:
Holy Crap!!! Did I drink a lil too much to NOT understand what the HECK just went on here??? :dunce:

Rule # 28
Avatar pictures from other computer games or MMORPGs are NOT allowed.

My avatar picture is my SL avatar picture.
Sad but avatar in SL and light efect are 200 time better than PE , so i made a nice avtar like i whanted in SL and take a screenshot.
This , is now forbiden , because MB 1 or 2 month ago , whanted an excuse to ban wanda , and so he baned her for having an SL avatar.
Now , i am asking to change my avatar , because the rule 28 was aded when 711 bouth the forum.

I am not against folow rule , if the rule looks fair and enforceable.So far this one looks for me total BS , because i put my SL avatar way before wanda , and i am asking to change it only today.I also dont bielive no moderator have seen my avatar since that time... i post enought to be visible.

So i say , that rule is BS , lets make a better rule.
We just have or :
1) alow people put what ever they wich
2) alow only PE related things

Etopia said:
Rule # 28
Avatar pictures from other computer games or MMORPGs are NOT allowed.

My avatar picture is my SL avatar picture.
Sad but avatar in SL and light efect are 200 time better than PE , so i made a nice avtar like i whanted in SL and take a screenshot.
This , is now forbiden , because MB 1 or 2 month ago , whanted an excuse to ban wanda , and so he baned her for having an SL avatar.
Now , i am asking to change my avatar , because the rule 28 was aded when 711 bouth the forum.

I am not against folow rule , if the rule looks fair and enforceable.So far this one looks for me total BS , because i put my SL avatar way before wanda , and i am asking to change it only today.I also dont bielive no moderator have seen my avatar since that time... i post enought to be visible.

So i say , that rule is BS , lets make a better rule.
We just have or :
1) alow people put what ever they wich
2) alow only PE related things

Im sorry but...wtf is so hard on just finding another GD ava????

* Mine is sooo....awesome!!!!*

Etopia said:

I understand your point Etopia. I can see it being a very difficult and ambiguos line to draw, between what constitutes an Avatar based on another game or not.

The only sure fire way to consistantly enforce this rule is to stipulate that ALL avatars HAVE to be EU based.

MudKicker said:
Im sorry but...wtf is so hard on just finding another GD ava????

* Mine is sooo....awesome!!!!*

Maybe it come from another MMO that i dont know of...
No one can prouf that my avatar come from SL.I could have made it myself with 3D studio max lightwave or what ever program to create 3D things.

Get yourself "flagged" as I have then.....have a good day..... :wise:

Status
Back