Give us RIGHT CLIC back :((

Ahhhh yes gimmie it back plz. I'm going nuts here adjusting to this constant space clicking.

My thumb is starting to hurt since I stretch my left hand over to far distance on the keyboard lol

Does not bother me in first person. I always hunt in first person anyway. BUT I mine in 3rd person and the right click was how I mined and picked up stuff on the ground. I used to be able to have my finder attached and just right click to drop a probe. Now if I right click I have to use the damn menu thing adding a ton of time to the process....

I am slowly adapting to clicking on my shortcut icons I made for my attachments. I have one setup for for my finders. If I click once it attached it and click it anytime after it activates it and drops a probe. So clicking your shortcut cut icons is the best work around I have found. I absolutely HATE using the keyboard for anything other than movement.

how many software-developers are stupid enough to discard the functionality of their product at an update, without a replacement.. if you want to add other functionality, do it, if you have a better way to do tasks, improve it.
but simply delete some functionality that old-time users has gotten used to? how stupid...

11 Oct 2007 Sie schrieben::
hi there!

ok, you discarded the functionality of the client (not possible to toggle aim-mode/cursor with RMB anymore) WHY? you should, if at all, expand the functionality, no?

i cannot adapt to control my avatar completely different, than i have the last years..

give me back the option to use RMB for toggling aim/cursor, or otherwise i will not be able to play this thing in future..

11 Oct 2007 Entropia-Support:
Hallo,

In the last VU, a few options were removed in order to simplify the navigation for newcomers. You can still rotate/navigate your avatar in cursor mode by pressing>hold>drag the right mouse button.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Support

13 Oct 2007 Sie schrieben::
i know i can rotate and navigate still!!!!!!
but i need the functionality to SWITCH BETWEEN CROSSHAIR/CURSOR BY USING THE RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON!!!

please, give yourself a second to think: how on earth does a the OPTION to use RMB for toggling aim/cursor make it harder for newcomers? leaqve all as is now, but add an option to the options menu to get the RMB-functionality back.. newbies WILL NOT EVEN NOTICE that it's there...

how many support-tickets did you get from newbies, complaining that there was the option to use RMB for toggling aim/cursor? how many?

do you really think it is easier for newbies now?

I too got a response from my support case about getting my beloved right click back...

12 Oct 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Your avatar can be rotated by right clicking, holding and moving the mouse. Unfortunately this was not compatible with the 'Instant Action Menu' option and it has therefore been removed from the In-World Options panel.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

So it seems right click has changed, the old functions are gone for good.

We will just have to re-learn the controls.

Sucks, but then I hope I never get so set in my ways that I cannot even think about adaptig to new situations. That would surely be worse..

"Kind regards"

:D

signed

the real problem is that you loose your crosshair if its in one mode

damn annoying when hunting

well you can use spacebar but its a pain :rolleyes:

i would prety much like the instant action menu thingy back.got used to switching aim/cursor modes with the spacebar key and for me it seems easier(since in most FPSs u use the space key)

a compromise would be to use the wheel-button for instant action menu and/or switching between aim/cursor modes,if the "newcomers" cant use the wheel,we will(or atleast i will)

COUNT MY PURPLE ASS IN TOO

I refuse to hunt ANYthing until this has been reversed. This absolutely impedes game speed for me, and obviously others as well. Now that I have a 16 yr old avi, she's a little challenged. Besides, Barbie is more adept at shifting Mustang gears than nerfed mice ... or was that Ken, I'm too young to remember. :rolleyes:

*I love my sarcastic adolescent!* :hammer:

Again MA ty alot for removing something instead of adding another option and then letting people choose themselves... Same as appearances (i guess? asked in another thread what the technical reason might be that we couldnt keep our old appearances but noone had a good answer, this seems to be about the same somehow now doesnt it...)

But for fair play's sake im gonna ask again:

Is there a technical reason as to why youre removing stuff instead of just adding? I didnt really use this feature and adapted to several different HUD/option/blabla changes through my PE/EU time so just asking since alot of people seem pissed about this...

In short: MA added alot of very very nice stuff in this VU dont get me wrong, but why was it deemed nescessary to remove something to add new stuff instead of "just adding" then leaving both options open for choosing?

Last edited:
yes, just not getting it.. seems as irrational as it can go.. bah..

(btw, tried to hunt last night, and i was almost unable to follow my team-mates with the new control..
the worst thing is: spacebar seems also to have some 'hidden features', so when i tried to switch aim/cursor i often maximized minimized PM-windows, or was asked if i really want to exit EU!!?
this is a pain in the ass, when hunting big mobs and f.x. wanting to drag mob-health bar out while waiting for korss to reload or similar.. WTF!!!

CHANGE IT BACK MA, THE GAME DEVELOPERS BRANCHE IS ALREADY LOUGHING SOOO LOUD AT YOU, YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE!!!

EMBARASSING!!!!!!

i used right mouse to loot before so i was kinda confused after vu 9.0. but now i have loot action on my left shift and it rocks :laugh:

anyways, i liked the left+right = run very handy to hunt one-handed while drinking or eating. this function i miss now :(

...i play PE around 1 year, and ANY changes in CONTROL OPTIONS very DIFFICULT for me... if this changes good for newbies, PLEASE give me SMAAAAAL button onto option menu: "Control addition for old-style players".

Oh BTW,

The operators of game that has 9 million subscribers, don't change controls after few years, even if they implement new features like flying mounts, etc.

Right click still works for me, I fail to see what the problem is...

Edit: Oh, wait...

Last edited:
it sucks really in pvp ..thx MA for dying

ok, enough is enough..
they responded to my support ticket: they said, that actually a lot of newbies requested to take away the option to use right-click for toggling aim/cursor.
this is something i just cannot believe, and therefore interpret it as a lie, straight into my face (well, you know what i mean..)

would anybody believe that newbies are asking to discard the client-functionality?

hell..

Hi,

The decision was made after a lot of requests from the playerbase actually, mostly from newcomers.

We have forwarded your comments to the design team for evaluation.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support.

ok, i was forced to send another case in, as a follow up to the one before, that was closed..

14 Oct 2007 Sie schrieben::
hi,
after you discarded the functionality of the client (removing option to use RMB for toggling cursor/aim) i was forced to use spacebar for that action. this seems to be the standard key that everybody is using, no?

so i was hunting in team, and pressing spacebar RANDOMLY either switched aim/cursor (ok), OR maximized a PM-window that i manually minimized before (not ok), OR i even was asked if i 'really want to exit EU' (not ok at all!!!)

can you please explain to me these 'hidden features' (i'm sure it's no bug, no?) so that i can handle them?

will you tell me, that the playerbase requested this unpredictable behaviour, same as you told me, that alot of newcomers REQUESTED to discard the client in functionality at first? (SC 120594)

no, pls tell me the truth this time.. what's wrong here?

Vote for Right click !! RIGHT CLICK PRESIDENT !!!!!!
:yay:

agreed, MA put the RMB back the way it was... noooobs!!

I can't WAIT till Thursday! (E for All)

C-ya there Marco! :)

It is not hard to add the button to options menu, come on MA =/

Here too!
Its the only change that made me mad.
It was genious before so why change it?
cant stay online more than 10 mins without going insane.
Its not luxury.
Bring it back.

If any doubts operate the voting machine in game :)

Last edited:
If it aint broke don't fix it

although I always shoot key wise, it still annoys me to get used to do something different then I've done the last 1.5 year. So MA, people are habbit creatures, if you change without any benifit you make them mad.

Bumping this cause it NEEDS to be fixed!

And while they are at it they could do with fixing so that the third person camera vertical angle is always where you left it!

Yes give us back the RMB to change aim to cursor mode.

Please, send a support case to MA as the told that the amount of support cases will give them a measure how important this "bug" is.

More support cases = bigger chance to get RMB click back!!!

This almost brought tears of joy :yay::yay:

Whilst we have you here Marco is there any chance of a compromise on the RMB functionality options?

Yes, a quick-fix will come in VU 9.0.2, where the middle mouse button functions as change aim-/cursor-mode. In a future TBD VU we will add customization to mouse buttons, as many mice today has a gazillion buttons.

....although now i want to know when that "TBD update" is so i can customise it fully :D

so..in the past the middle mouse button was to rotate the avatar when being pressed and right mouse to switch aim/cursor mode. now its the right mouse for rotating and soon the middle mouse to switch cursor/aim :scratch2: very intelligent imo

I used to rigth clic to toggle aim/cursor mode.

I've always used space to toggle between, BUT:

- I've used right click on "desktop icons" to quickly find out the value left on my fap (or amp by going by weapon), now I get a stupid popup menu with actions I as easy could have done from the stats window

- I've used doubleclick on my "containers" in inventory to open them. Now i have to use that stupid popup menu, since default action is "info".

- At crafting machine, I've always been able to doubleclick the blueprint book. Now it opens the stat window.. (And, if friend list is "below" the inventory window, guess which popup menu I get...)

- I've used to just click on fruit to pick them up. Nowdays, wel... (It was before a difference between fruit that other players had left, that you had to explicitly pick up if you really wanted to, but spawned fruit you could just click at).

k, bump again lol cuz i missed this one :D
thought it was only my prob, but apparently yet another disupdate.

Marco, now you're back ... plz fix this :D

....i really not understood, maybe i idiot !?

RMB is MMB !?!?

WE NEED RMB BACK, NOT A MMB, NOT A CTRL-SHIFT-F5, NOT A WHEEL PEDAL'S, NOT A JOYSTIK THROTTLE!!! RMB, RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON!!!!

Last edited:
:confused: Strange, it works for me:confused:

Aye it works for me to. in aim mode i always use RMB to operate terminals/auctioneer/teleport shot etc.. must be some setup i havent tried that has been removed then.

Whatever you do ... please don't mess with the scroll button and make that the aim/cursor thingy ... it's bad enough we have to deal with clicking the way it is now, but I figured it out last night. It's frustrating as hell, because I don't play in first person all the time, so just wait until we can have our customizable mouse please.

Back