Question: Is loot level related ?

WoenK

Elite
Society
Riverboat Gamblers
Irdeta WoenK Hocren
Since I started 2 years ago I noticed a change in what loot certain mobs and maturities return.
For example from lower maturieties Allos in the beginning I got only animal hides, then I started to get soft leathers and then fine hides.
Or from Ambus around level 25 only animal eye oil, around level 35 pancreas and since level 50 I started getting liver oil on lower maturities.
In mining we know that you "unlock" certain minerals after certain levels. Could it be that the same happens for hunting ?

In mining we know that you "unlock" certain minerals after certain levels. Could it be that the same happens for hunting ?

Hmmm, interesting question. What would happen during team hunts then?

You don't unlock things with mining. It's just generally that the deeper you mine, the rarer minerals you can find. So, the more difficult, the stranger the loot.
The same is true for creatures, different maturities give different items. Also, the loot system will drop more of one item if it is rare.

at evry update there is a chance that the loot of a special mobs change...
EU is dynamic...
People tend to take price of things granted , but price of all change with suply and demand...
And the change in suply is made by player behavior , and by MA...
One day , we will see less and less animal hide in loot , and its price will go up to 200 or 300% ...
same for lyst , or oil or what ever else...
Things that are TT food become expensive , expensive stuff become TT food...
Loot change over the time...

I agree with the concept of "unlocking" loot as you move up in skill. I asked the same question when I first started the game because everything I got seemed to be "noobie" :laugh:.

Well, after I got some skills, I'd bring out some very low skilled friends of mine on hunts...allo/ambu, etc. We'd loot something they've never seen before, and it's happened more than once.

Just speculation, but I think that loot is in fact, affected a little based on your skill level.

intersting question. i think some levels of mobs drop certain materials/items, but not so sure its directly avatar influenced. rather difficult to tell as you would be changing mob/maturity as you rise up the levels.

Hmmm, interesting question. What would happen during team hunts then?

For team hunts I would assume that you have a higher level than when solo.
Got my first liver oil from an Ambu young when in team a year ago, never got it solo until recently.

You don't unlock things with mining. It's just generally that the deeper you mine, the rarer minerals you can find. So, the more difficult, the stranger the loot.
The same is true for creatures, different maturities give different items. Also, the loot system will drop more of one item if it is rare.

The depth in mining might influence the finds, but then the level should not influence it at all. For example I never found any Gold with an OF105 until I hit level 13. If you use the same maxed tool/weapon in the same area or on the same mob and maturity for a long time, you should have the same ressources returned.

at evry update there is a chance that the loot of a special mobs change...
EU is dynamic...
People tend to take price of things granted , but price of all change with suply and demand...
And the change in suply is made by player behavior , and by MA...
One day , we will see less and less animal hide in loot , and its price will go up to 200 or 300% ...
same for lyst , or oil or what ever else...
Things that are TT food become expensive , expensive stuff become TT food...
Loot change over the time...

Did not mean the MU value but really that some things did not drop for me until I had a certain level. For example on Ambus I got animal eye oil worth around 40 PEDs on a 400 PEDs hunt, now I get less of that but around 40 PEDs in pancreas oil and recently I started getting liver oil (which before that I only got from providers and never from a young or mature)

I believe this is true, take even low level mobs(exos snabs) I noticed i loot makeup and hair loots more often then lower level hunters, and those unit ball things and dna

I think i have seen same too, i remember being totally noob and then i got mostly muscle oil from every mob i hunted (feffo was lowest to give more eye) but now with lvl+40 i seem to get lot more eye from lower level mobs than those days.

And someone said about finding gold only after lvl13 (with OF105 like i found it too), i found it first time about same time, even i had OF105 depth with L finders long ago before that. And at VU9 when i was noob and mined in Shinook, known for Gazz, Belk and Duru, i got at low levels lot more belkar than lets say after lvl10. And after lvl10 seemed to go to Duru finds that what i got less in Belkar, Gazz stayed about same.

I'd like to add to this. A friend and I have both been swunting snables recently. both together and seperatly. I get lots of animal oil. He doesn't and he's much more skilled. I was shocked when he said he was making basic springs and didn't have enough animal oil because it's the only oil I've ever managed to loot solo.

I'd like to add to this. A friend and I have both been swunting snables recently. both together and seperatly. I get lots of animal oil. He doesn't and he's much more skilled. I was shocked when he said he was making basic springs and didn't have enough animal oil because it's the only oil I've ever managed to loot solo.

Would be interesting to know what kind of oil you got more than he.
I remember on snables in the beginning I got more muscle oil and it shifted later more to eye oil .
On smaller troxies it was mostly eye oil about a year ago, shifted then more to thyroid afterwards, about half a year adrenal became more common and about 2 months ago I started getting pancreas from lower maturities.
Does not mean, I do not get the others at all, but on an average hunt without global and average return rate, the shift is noticable.

Would be interesting to know what kind of oil you got more than he.
I remember on snables in the beginning I got more muscle oil and it shifted later more to eye oil .
On smaller troxies it was mostly eye oil about a year ago, shifted then more to thyroid afterwards, about half a year adrenal became more common and about 2 months ago I started getting pancreas from lower maturities.
Does not mean, I do not get the others at all, but on an average hunt without global and average return rate, the shift is noticable.

I get muscle oil. I'm fairly sure he gets more of the other oil used to make basic springs. I'm sorry I don't know what oil that is.

Yup, i agree

I have noticed the same when i was starting... When i moved on higher levels i started to loot better oils.. Thats for 100% ( Also it was told me that this will happen )

Maybe the same goes for L armor parts ? As for example only spartacus part i looted from scipulor was shins in team and i never managed to loot a single part in solo hunt ( was hunting them when i was around level 50 and quite a lot , its still my favorite mob on tracker )

Animal oil? as in, muscle,liver, eye, brain, pancreas?

I doubt very much he is not getting any at all, and yeah, I get animal oil too when I hunt solo.. which one depends what I hunt.

I agree with Etopia although OP missed the point lol, I think that MA change supply of certain things as updates come out to balance market or whatever, and it just so happens you associate this with leveling up.

HOWEVER, you could easily test it by getting a noob to kill a mob, and you kill same mob (obv gotta be something he can kill), and compare what oils/hides you get.

I doubt very much he is not getting any at all, and yeah, I get animal oil too when I hunt solo.. which one depends what I hunt.

I agree with Etopia although OP missed the point lol, I think that MA change supply of certain things as updates come out to balance market or whatever, and it just so happens you associate this with leveling up.

HOWEVER, you could easily test it by getting a noob to kill a mob, and you kill same mob (obv gotta be something he can kill), and compare what oils/hides you get.

Yeah sorry I meant muscle oil. For some reason the brain wasn't quite getting that through to my fingers.

If market balancing would really be something to be considered, I should have gotten certain types of loot within the past 2 years at least once, because the balancing surely takes place all the time.
I never got Pancreas oil in that time from a troxi young, not even once and also never Liver oil from an Ambu mature until I hit level 50.

If market balancing would really be something to be considered, I should have gotten certain types of loot within the past 2 years at least once, because the balancing surely takes place all the time.
I never got Pancreas oil in that time from a troxi young, not even once and also never Liver oil from an Ambu mature until I hit level 50.

Perhaps you should test it? Just like to note that I have always got liver oil from ambu and I am far from lvl 50.

Different maturities of creature drop different oils. Same for robot components. Same for some other items (Spartacus as mentioned above is a good example - I don't know about the Scipulors but the Atrox part only drops from high level Atrox, Stalkers etc).

What you are observing is not the loot changing, it's you changing the mobs you are hunting.

Good example - you never got pancreas oil from Atrox Young because they don't drop it. Pancreas oil only drops from (I think) Provider and above.

Perhaps you should test it? Just like to note that I have always got liver oil from ambu and I am far from lvl 50.

Which maturity?
I am talking about young to old, not providers and up.
And also in a solo hunt and not in team.

Different maturities of creature drop different oils. Same for robot components. Same for some other items (Spartacus as mentioned above is a good example - I don't know about the Scipulors but the Atrox part only drops from high level Atrox, Stalkers etc).

What you are observing is not the loot changing, it's you changing the mobs you are hunting.

Good example - you never got pancreas oil from Atrox Young because they don't drop it. Pancreas oil only drops from (I think) Provider and above.

Thats what I meant. I never got a single Pancreas oil from young to old, only from providers and upwards. After level 50 it happened that it came as a uncommon drop from the lower maturities. Does not happen often, but thats the way it also started with Adrenal oil for me on the lower troxies.

Which maturity?
I am talking about young to old, not providers and up.
And also in a solo hunt and not in team.

Thats what I meant. I never got a single Pancreas oil from young to old, only from providers and upwards. After level 50 it happened that it came as a uncommon drop from the lower maturities. Does not happen often, but thats the way it also started with Adrenal oil for me on the lower troxies.

well lets test it. i'm a complete noob. if someone more skilled wants to hunt the same thing as me we can see if its different.

I think you're probably mistaken, I've never seen pancreas oil on a young, though it's hard to keep track when you're killing lots of them and have a loot window full of junk :D

I`d have to agree. I treat it like items such as better weapons and stuff. They are way more likely to be looted by a more experienced and invested player that cycles more PED. But the difference may not be as evident between say different animal oils as it would be for decent unlimited weapons and armor.

I think you're probably mistaken, I've never seen pancreas oil on a young, though it's hard to keep track when you're killing lots of them and have a loot window full of junk :D

Well it is not that difficult, if you are north of Ithaca and only with a Goblin+5B :D
I try to avoid the providers and allways have my inventory open.
If a Pancreas all the sudden pops up and I have not killed a Provider in an hour, than it can surely not be loot lag.
Also it is not only Pancreas, when I started hunting lower maturity troxies I rarely got any adrenal or thyroid, almost solely eye oil.
The higher my levels go, the more diverse my loot seems to get without switching guns or maturity.

It should be because it is skill based game.
But what I have heard so it should not be particularly noticeable before you are at lvl 100 in your profession.

Well it is not that difficult, if you are north of Ithaca and only with a Goblin+5B :D
I try to avoid the providers and allways have my inventory open.
If a Pancreas all the sudden pops up and I have not killed a Provider in an hour, than it can surely not be loot lag.
Also it is not only Pancreas, when I started hunting lower maturity troxies I rarely got any adrenal or thyroid, almost solely eye oil.
The higher my levels go, the more diverse my loot seems to get without switching guns or maturity.

Perhaps you're right then, I've never noticed it myself.

Perhaps you're right then, I've never noticed it myself.

If it is right then it implies it is possibly slightly easier to profit with hgiher skills. A lot fo the differences in items is the mark up. The ones we don't get at lower levels and then do get more of at higher levels tend to have higher mark ups. I really think it might be worth testing.

If it is right then it implies it is possibly slightly easier to profit with hgiher skills.

Not necessarily. If loot shifted from mostly eye oil to mostly thyroid oil, for example, the overall markup would decrease.

Not necessarily. If loot shifted from mostly eye oil to mostly thyroid oil, for example, the overall markup would decrease.

Yeah I was thinking that chances are if it was the case for oils it was probably the case for most loots like Spartacus parts as they have been used as an example elsewhere in the thread. If you knew your skills increased your chances of looting Spartacus you'd not be chipping out in a hurry. You might even consider chipping in

Back