Land Grab 2009

looks the same as the other thread

Bones

Its all nice and stuff, but to limit it to only the top 50 socs is bullshit. Not that I would have participated, but because I now cant participate is not cool.

I bet its because there are to many LA's up for grabs so it could be possible a noob soc could claim land, ohnoes that would be devastating :bs:

This reminds me of a Southpark episode when Cartman was in NAMBLA, and went to Stan and Kyle, everyone is invited but you cant go. They replied, we dont want to go. No Cartman said, you CANT go, its ok we dont wanna go, No, you dont understand, YOU CANT GO!

Why can't you make a skillimit on some areas ? Why can't you make an LG for the smaller socs as well...

This simply implies the top 10 socs are gonna battle it out and collect a nice new source of income... Great for them... no harm meant... but can't you address the smaller socs and motivate them to join into such an event ?

I man what's the point in this for the rest of this world ?

Also, why does it overlap with LG... not very clever..

The rules mention:

Societies not listed in the top 50 that claim land will be disqualified.

Disqualified from what ? First they'd need to be qualified...

The rules mention:

simple, the LG is only for the top50 socs and not for below.

Yep I think MA is quite clear on this.

"Land Areas can only be claimed by Societies listed above as compiled on April 8th. These listed Societies can recruit a maximum of 5 members in addition to their current member count listed above as compiled on April 8th."

So if your Soc is currently ranked 51'st your SOL, no point in even trying to work your way into the Top 50 anymore.

Land Areas can only be claimed by Societies listed above as compiled on April 8th. These listed Societies can recruit a maximum of 5 members in addition to their current member count listed above as compiled on April 8th.

No point creating new soc, max of 5 members can be added to actual soc listed in top 50

simple, the LG is only for the top50 socs and not for below.

we will just have to sort out are own LG... simple, ive done a few events before don't expect it would be that hard.

Its all nice and stuff, but to limit it to only the top 50 socs is bullshit. Not that I would have participated, but because I now cant participate is not cool.

I bet its because there are to many LA's up for grabs so it could be possible a noob soc could claim land, ohnoes that would be devastating :bs:

This reminds me of a Southpark episode when Cartman was in NAMBLA, and went to Stan and Kyle, everyone is invited but you cant go. They replied, we dont want to go. No Cartman said, you CANT go, its ok we dont wanna go, No, you dont understand, YOU CANT GO!

Aha, and how many ubers you need to kill all those that aren`t in top50? Answer is 1 and that person will surely get a nice ATH :)

30-50 places in the list doesn`t have much of a chance either unless they have good friends/alliances.

Good thing, now us that are not ranked top 50 can save some effort and do something else during LG.;)
/Arwen

Well its not like my society was going to compete this year but as it stands now we will never be able to compete with these rules as we dont set skill requirements to join our soc.
I guess any socs that even have a dream of atleast competing will have to change their entry requirements.

So since I'm happy in my soc that gladly accepted me with no skills and has players from all levels in it,not just those that have the time and money to skill non stop and not being willing to desert it and join a soc just because they are skilled kinda leaves me out of LG for good doesnt it.:confused:

I have to also ask where the sense is in holding it on the weekend of WoF.
You guys know this event is on and have supported it but now you go and do something that totally conflicts with it.
Was it so hard to move it forward or back a week?

You're working on it MA and kudos for fine tuning it,sure you wont please everyone but making it exclusive and even more so holding it on the same weekend as WoF just make no sense to me.

Awesome duuuuuuuude!

and finally :p

Rich get richer,and the poor get ...
Posted via Mobile Device

I think that Rules state that only listed top 50 soc may claim the LA. However other socs that is not on top 50 list may be in support teams.

So it is not correct to say that LG is for top 50 soc only.

And claiming a LA is not that important. Can anyone make an example when soc not form top 50 win a LA on previouse LG? I do not know that example.

Frank, not to nit-pick... but the date 30 MAY 2009 is Round 2, Stage 4 of the World of Firepower. There will be a tremendous financial strain on the players due to both events taking place in the same time of year, but having it on the same day...? I would hate to see players having to wrestle with the thought of either not participating in the WoF hunt or not participating in the Land Grab.

The first major Grab is on a weekday, any chance of the other moving?

Thanks!

~ Jade

Lands are usually won in LG by the Socs having defined, tuned and applied the best strategies. Its like the Mayhem but at Soc level instead of Avatar level.

I don't see any issue with MA stating that only the top 50 Soc can claim the Lands. This limit will not change anything of final result, did any Soc not in the Top 50 win any land previous years? :scratch2:

Change the date please! Having this clash with WoF is going to be a nightmare.

Oh, and you got wrong LA for the spiders. I think you meant LA 5, not LA 7. Unless you intend to introduce another spider DNA into a LA that already has, iirc, 4 DNAs plus a load of random wandering mobs.

Perhaps you are catering for the proportion of the EU population who want to hunt Araneatrox, Bristlehog and Fungoid at the same time? :scratch2:

Well its not like my society was going to compete this year but as it stands now we will never be able to compete with these rules as we dont set skill requirements to join our soc.
I guess any socs that even have a dream of atleast competing will have to change their entry requirements.

So since I'm happy in my soc that gladly accepted me with no skills and has players from all levels in it,not just those that have the time and money to skill non stop and not being willing to desert it and join a soc just because they are skilled kinda leaves me out of LG for good doesnt it.:confused:

Interesting point that. If we retained our top 10 skilled in TDO we would easily be in the top50 skills wise, but as we are not a skills based soc, we are not in the top 50.

No worries, we shall just run around watching the action and taking pot shots. All a good giggle :)

"The top 50 societies (based on their ranking on Wednesday April 8th) may only increase their member count with 5 as per membership count on Wednesday April 8th."

this has been increased :)

This is just silly again... would be so easy to have a few LAs open to the low level socs only...

arent you kinda not getting the point of the Southpark? why are people not in top 50 (or top 20) societies bothered, nothing has materially changed (though why make the rule then MA?)

as for too many lands, same as last time and the time before. top few societies can hold more than one LA at a time, and do enough to dislodge others to reset the claim and have a chance at those later.

dont worry about WoF, MA dont seem to care too much about that and it'll move to accomodate LG.

To those of you moaning about the Top 50 rule, I can guarantee you 100% that no-one will be disqualified as a result of this rule. You're still allowed to claim land, but if you hold it for 4 hours you'll be disqualified.

If anyone wants to try to do this to prove a point, be my guest. You don't have a snowflake's chance in hell.

The only thing the rule really does is prevent a bunch of ubers forming a new super-uber soc to increase their domination. So effectively the rule actually levels the playing field.

yay for top50 only. means we can make parties naked at rig and pvp4 :yay::yay::yay:

I would of thought MA would be trying everything they can to get the majority of average players that have lost confidence in them, back into the game. But yet again, epic failure MA. Another LG with rules that this time basically guarantee "MA's favourites" (Top 10) at least 2 LA's each, and to be honest I can't see there being much of a fight in rounds 2 and 3. As for the 3 LA's available for those ranked 11-50, that is a good idea and it should be a good fight. However I can't see why 3 other LA's (or more) could not have been reserved for a LG, excluding those in the top 50 most skilled. Yet another reason for those of us who have quit, not to come back.

Why not just open LG up for ALL Soc's, maximum of 2 LA's to be claimed per Soc (maybe inc. the main Soc spin offs like Cadets etc. so eg. CK can get 2 but their Cadets 0 or they go for 1 each) all to be grabbed on one date not over three, oh.... and change the date NOT TO CLASH WITH WoF PLEASE!!!

This could make it pretty tactical then as to who goes for which LA's without it being so much of a foregone conclusion.

Then, if several Soc's get 2 LA's they compete for the 'prize' one... that would be one hell of a fight! :laugh:

The rules mention:

that sounds pretty awful.

I play by the rules but i think the rules favor the strong guys and give the little guys no chance, isn't the game about everyone and not just a few!

What about the little guys in the game that want to have a crack at some land.... if this was a rule in a European Government the Newspapers front pages would read "Discrimination of the guy in the street"?

Back