Link List

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
the Ministry
Maria Mesh
http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/pandi-pup-not-spawnable-on-other-planets.11640/#post-88477
=========
[h=3]Yog Pet Buff Issue[/h]In this announcement we’d like to provide a further update on the pet buff issue that was addressed last week.

Understandably, there has been intense community interest in this issue since the bug was corrected last week, in the form of forum discussions and support cases. We have had time to dig deeper into how the buff issue happened, why it was not caught by our normal testing procedures, and how it was able to persist for so long without being corrected.

The initial bug that allowed all tools and weapons to benefit from the reduced delay buff (rather than just excavators, as intended) arose in September 2018, approximately 6 months after the Yog pet was introduced. Subsequently over the next few months, several support cases were submitted describing the issue with varying degrees of detail.

Unfortunately, these support cases were not escalated to the testing and development teams and/or flagged with a sufficient level of urgency that reflected the seriousness of the issue. We will be taking steps to improve our internal processes to prevent such situations in the future.

As soon as the issue became more widely known late last week, we moved very quickly to correct the issue via a server hotfix. Note that for approximately 30 hours after the server hotfix, the Entropia Universe client still showed that the buff was affecting tools other than excavators, even though the server was not actually providing any buff for those items. This has led to some participants reporting that the issue has not been resolved, despite it having been resolved.

Along with the server hotfix which corrected the pet buff issue, Summer Mayhem scores for 12 participants were removed, due to the possibility that the incorrect pet buff may have been active during those sessions. Please note that those removed scores do not necessarily constitute clear evidence of cheating or abuse on the part of the affected participants. For that reason, those participants were not disqualified from the event, as some participants have called for. However, out of an abundance of caution to ensure the integrity of the Summer Mayhem event, it was decided to remove those scores, even if it was not absolutely certain that there was an intention to gain an unfair advantage in the event.

Additionally, some participants have demanded a review of the results from previous Mayhem events where the unintended Yog pet buff may have provided an advantage, inadvertently or intentionally. We will be conducting this investigation over the next few weeks, with the intention of increasing the prize rewards for any participants who were pushed down in the final standings due to another higher-placing participant benefitting from the unintended pet buff.

Due to the unintended Yog pet buff being available for such an extended period of time, despite support cases that should have resulted in the issue being addressed, and considering that it is not possible to definitively conclude that use of the pet was in every case intended to exploit the buff to gain an advantage, MindArk has decided it would be unfair and impractical to punish participants who directly or indirectly benefited from the unintended buff, for example stripping prizes awarded in previous Mayhem events.

Once again, we want to extend our apologies for the confusion and inconvenience this issue has caused. We are continually improving our processes to hopefully prevent and minimize such incidents in the future.

Originally Posted Here
Hello,

I would like to use this opportunity to ask you to please tell us, if it's possible, about the destination of the funds resulted from players cost (TT) associated with tiering equipment, galactica mission, auction fees etc.
Are they going to CLD revenue, are they returning to the loot pool or are they company's profit?

It would be really great to end some myths regarding this topic. It's also a frequent question amongst younger players and we're unable to give a clear response, only what we believe, what the common sense and logic dictates. It would be great to have any type of statement in regards to this.

Magnus Eriksson:

All of the activities you mention would contribute to CLD revenue, assuming those activities took place on Planet Calypso or were performed by Calypso-tagged participants elsewhere in the universe.

Last edited:

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
the Ministry
Maria Mesh
Hey guys,

Just to let everyone know I've already reached out to Thanatos about helping to update CyreneSecrets.com

We're compiling the data for him and and will go over the other aspects of the site together so the map and information is up to date.

Cheers,
Kris

no insider info...

Fortuona

Old
Miss Gloria Hugo
Amazing thread. Thank you for all the work!

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
the Ministry
Maria Mesh
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...nd-Plots-Map&p=3771609&viewfull=1#post3771609 isle of troy plots
=======
Thanks for thinking about me. I'm still here. Logging in a lot lately. Mostly keeping a low profile via the incognito setting. Exploring re-connecting with the planet and the Universe in my own way. I am always floored by the new people I meet and also the people I have known in EU for years and even decades. I'm humbled by the dedication and passion that I encounter.

I'm not at odds with Mindark at this time. They are focused on what they believe is best for the entire Universe and they are concentrating all efforts on that. I want to see them succeed for all of our benefits.

I took a big step back in Jan of 2017 for reasons which I posted somewhere, However the NDS team continued working very closely with the RT community to address Loot 2.0 issues and try other ideas.

The AI War Mission was really the last thing that I put my heart into and despite various controversies is the thing I'm still really excited about and hope to expand upon.

I may be somewhat delusional in the respect that I continue to believe the World needs Entropia Universe, of course Entropia Universe needs to continue to evolve significantly to appeal to the masses and to fulfill it's incredible potential. With so many people stuck at home with the global Pandemic and the growing impact of Climate Change, I still see the Entropia Universe RCE as an incredible economic proposition.

That's really what I think about and it's my number one preoccupation at the moment. I'm working on things that may or may not pan out, but I am very much engaged in it.

As far as Rocktropia updates are concerned I'm back to Square one at the moment, but I hope to get a few things done over the summer, but I believe I'm in a position to ramp up when the time is right...

The Rocktropia site is down and I wasn't very impressed with the Diagnosis as to why, so I decided to re-direct all traffic directly to the Sign in page for the time being. I've been thinking about changing the RT landing page anyway to reflect the direction I want to go. So it may get a make over before its live again.

I'm looking forward to a RT Deed/Share offering which I have been told is coming at some point. Again hopefully its not a fiasco, it would be in the best interest of the planet if it is equitable for the players and successful.

I keep an eye on the forums most of the time along with local and international news, so I do have a sense of what the Entropia Universe Citizens are experiencing and hoping for, I share many of the same hopes.

I'm not at all satisfied with what I have accomplished, I hope I can pull something more out of the bag to help Entropia Universe be all that it can be and to provide the opportunities it has provided to me to Millions more people around the world.. I am going about that in my own wacky way, maybe you will see what that amounts to if there is any substance to it.. I am somewhat over myself, but I'm not ready to give up, perhaps with so many epic failures under my belt I will discover a better version of myself and with that something of value to bring to the table.

In the meantime You guys and girls are rocking it, You are keeping this Universe and Dream alive and I don't know if you even realize how amazing you all are and what you are accomplishing. Truly You are all an inspiration.

And a shout out to Mindark, Entropia is an extraordinary Project and its absolutely remarkable that some of our avatars are closing in on 20 Years of age. NEVERDIE is of legal drinking age in the UK.. But I think i'll wait for the Coronavirus vaccine before I rush out to the pub to get him drunk.
END OF THE ROAD...

Last edited: