Elite
Society
Glory Hound Irregulars
any comment??????
BO 450k
12/26/09

300k was the first sale value if i m not wrong

Any comment? Yeah...
Stuff buying a mall when MA can - at will - change everything about it and then look you square in the eyes pointing at the EULA.
:mad:
Ask trance what I mean, if you don't already know.

300k was the first sale value if i m not wrong

And it's worth much less now that it's just the deed for the taxes, and not the additional shops as well that are for sale.

The banks only had exclusivity for 2 years, the licenses don't expire and yet one has never opened.

But yes, 300k is a bit high considering a lot of the deeds have already been sold and its only the tax left. It's not as if it has its own LA to go with it.

S.B. -----> starting bid.

I really feel sorry for the big investors, hopefully most of them are in the position where they won't get hurt too bad if their investments tank.

I think neo is basically hoping that someone who loses out on the CP auction will be tempted to buy another expensive toy. Its a smart play on his part, but not sure it will get any interest. I wonder what you get exactly too.. I think the outside display areas/poles are separate deeds, and I also think he still owns the penthouse.

well, i see that no one here is considering also that new opportunities are coming from new planets...... maybe he would like invest in some new....

Quite possibly, but it doesnt change the very convenient ending time of his auction.

H&R has the penthouse I think it is on loan. My 1st thought he was joining Star for CP then I saw the end time was just after CP sale ended. I asked myself the same question the 1st sale was for mall and all the shops now that the shops are sold he made his money back. The next buyer will have a tough time making it back as they won't have all the shops to sell. If I had the ped I would have to pass on this offer might be worth 100K to say you own it but how many ever ask that question? How many still use the malls? With the proper stock in a shop it can do well we used ours just for SOC loots not a specialized shop. Not many use the malls but their are still some as even the lowest of items still sell in ours. But for 300k SB :scratch2:

The tax isnt as high as an LA and I would say that an LA would probably bring in more profit. So really it should cost less than an LA.

I think neo is basically hoping that someone who loses out on the CP auction will be tempted to buy another expensive toy. Its a smart play on his part, but not sure it will get any interest. I wonder what you get exactly too.. I think the outside display areas/poles are separate deeds, and I also think he still owns the penthouse.

Yeah as Centech said, looks like it may be snapped up as a consolation prize for anyone losing out to Crystal Palace, there is a potential 3rd prize of LA34 (is this Neas?) is also due to finish shortly after too.

The tax isnt as high as an LA and I would say that an LA would probably bring in more profit. So really it should cost less than an LA.

But unlike an LA, a mall has zero overheads.

I don’t know... some of those twin peaks shops turn over some serious sales volume. Just think of all of the mining amp and weapons shops. Each one of those sales gets taxed.

Like anything, the value of something is simply what someone else is willing to pay for it.

I am sure anyone serious about the purchase will approach Neo for historical data on earnings :)

I would doubt he would be like MA and say take a guess lmao !

Who would do that to a serious investor in the real world that operates a legit above board transparent business :rolleyes:

^^ MA excluded from that question

Or better put, what serious investor would invest into something of substantial value without such information at hand to assess ;)

Last edited:
I think the outside display areas/poles are separate deeds, and I also think he still owns the penthouse.
Some stuff may add diferent deed ...
But , there was special hangar on top of mall too...
wonder what did happen to those , i wonder if MA will use them with new planet finally...

personally i still think there is a lot of potenziality for the malls. Expecially if MA allow the owners also to rent them..... at the place to sell them. It would be quite interesting to pay only for rent ...... because the owner can change tenants each 2-3 months if he don t bring some bussiness, and would stimulate he tenants competition.
Who know if MA would be interested about some like this.......

I don’t know... some of those twin peaks shops turn over some serious sales volume. Just think of all of the mining amp and weapons shops. Each one of those sales gets taxed.

Like anything, the value of something is simply what someone else is willing to pay for it.

what happens if the new owner decides to increase the tax and the shop owners move out.

All the other Mall owners have spare shops and there's the new possibility of the Deer Mall / Thorkell Tomb shop owners who are now getting their shops who bought them at around 4kped , deciding to sell them on for a nice profit.

The possible new owner is totally reliant on the shop owners continuing to trade. There's nothing stopping the other Mall owners from poaching the best shops by offering a free one, provided its not sold on, just to get the tax. After all an empty shop generates no cash for them so giving it away to a popular and well visited shop does make some sense as they've already made their money back.

Even doing a straight swop makes sense as you could break the other mall owner and buy it cheap. Offer a straight swop on deeds and it could end up where the other mall owners own all the shops in the third. They could make it an empty shell if they really wanted to.

Last edited:
what happens if the new owner decides to increase the tax and the shop owners move out.

Tax are fix , and from what i know MA still did not make the tool to set the tax as promissed when they made CND first mall...

Very risky investment I think to own a mall. There's not much you can do with it once you own it and have sold the deeds, except hoping for the shop owners to sell a lot of items and that MA doesn't fuck up the estate values...

Very risky investment I think to own a mall. There's not much you can do with it once you own it and have sold the deeds, except hoping for the shop owners to sell a lot of items and that MA doesn't fuck up the estate values...

yup... i see your point.... for this i hope MA will give to the owners a little bit more .... indipendence

Well said Darkaner and Mandy. The mall owner does not own the shops and has no say how they run them. Malls have been moved away from the center of activity when the CE2 came in so now the mall activity is very low. Shops are selling out and prices have come down. Many shops sit empty now and not willing to invest since the location of the mall got messed up. All totals lower taxes for the mall owner. Like others have said the original mall owner already made their money when they initially sold out their shops but now nothing left to sell. So price needs to come back to reality where tax receipts equal number of years until payback.
Anything a couple years untill payback takes risk because of changes that will be made by MA.
Between the bad economy and the mess MA made with the malls tax receipts are down, so good luck to anyone who wants to join MA in that mess.

Hard to say even at 300k... thats a big investment...

As has been said theres no cost except initial investment.... and your only source of revenue is 100% based on sales of shop owners....

Many shops are already owned... and many shop owners dont do anything but keep em maybe for re-sale or just dont have a solid business plan...

What % of shops do you think are in a mall that are actually functioning and selling? And what % of these are doing it regularly and frequently???

Then the 2.5% tax is only on MU... not like an LA which gets 3-5% of the loot... The mall only gets 2.5% of anything above TT which means that to do well you need volume and or big MU purchases to happen.....

For a mall that sells TT + 1000 a day.... you'd make 25ped that day..... Lets say a mall is super successful and give it TT + 5000... cause 5k over TT is a lot.... thats 125ped per day.....

300,000 / 125 = 2400 days.... = 6.58 years to fully recover

Per day you'd make around.... 0.0004% of initial investment back... at the +5000 a day....

Now personally trading and buying ore would make more per day then a mall, of course it requires time.... I bet playing auction and buying the deals or what not would make more then this a day...

Buying a safer stock with $30,000 would be better then this....

Dont know if the mall is really worth it.... but then again.... who knows....

What % of shops do you think are in a mall that are actually functioning and selling? And what % of these are doing it regularly and frequently???

According with this (but really it s not perfect, i guess there are a 20% more):

Twin Peaks (active shops vs total shops number)
16/42
Port Atlantis
16/42
Emerald
7/42

...... and CND 5 on....63?????

for this i said that i hope MA will change some in the estate policy. Ofc invest some money in an estate in a short run is useful for MA to get money, in a long run ..... i m not sure.

I hadn't noticed that this was for sale on auction. If this is the case then it paints a very interesting picture.

malls are a bit odd...

Mall speculating is a very interesting thing because it's all so fluky. Sometimes there's big wins sometimes huge losses. I never could figure out why Robroy didn't sell all the shops on the top floor of Emerald Lakes yet... Seems like a lot of potential there.

Wonder if he could be talked in to doing a bulk discount to someone with lots of peds and a good business plan? (I might be able to figure out a plan, but am severely lacking on the peds part, lol)

Last edited:
Back