Info: LOOT! Secret Revealed by Support

I will Wildman, thanks for the input.

What scanner do you use and what is its max range?

The way this discussion has turned reminds me of that experiment someone mentioned on the forum here before where they had a room full of levers and switches and a number counter on the wall.

The 'participants' were asked to manipulate the equipment and try to make the number counter get to 100.

When they finally reached 100 they all had their theories on what was causing it and exactly what buttons to press and levers to pull,ofcourse it didnt work every time but the participants felt this was done to throw them off the scent.

Imagine their surprise when they were told that what was actually causing the numbers to go up was a goldfish in the next room that added to the number count every time it swam past a line on the tank.

Not saying thats the case here but makes you think huh :laugh:

Last edited:
scanner IV, scaning didn't find globals I found but it did show me the HoF mobs. I mostly gave it up due to when was the last time I found a HoF mob :mad:

I do see the support statement as a piece of our loot puzzle. Mobs are assigned a serial number when created as we have seen in another thread. The infamous loot server that we all suspected over the years that only controls the loot drops to keep the economy in line. Put it all together we now have a good picture of the loot system.

1. Mob is created and taged.
2. Mob gets killed we get the loot associated with that tag number.
3. The loot isn't generated till that tag number is killed to support what was posted here.
4. Tag number sent to loot server, loot is sent back to player.
5. Only mobs killed will generate a log history also to support the statement here.

Didn't inclue the loot curve or any of the mechanics behind it, just a rough picture here.

Id love to see you add something positive to the discussion.

Lets here your theory, lets see you think up something original.

Lets see you offer a better way of doing things.

Lets see you read the entire thread before posting.

*sigh*
Come up with theories then tell the public that "it works!.. until you can prove it wrong".
That ain't how it works sunshine. You prove it works, then you present it AND THEN people will try to prove it wrong if possible.
Right now, all you've done is, talk absolute lies (no ath under lvl10 unless mass deposit.. BAHAHAHAHAHA wtf.) and throw up speculative ideas with no data whatsoever and told us it works (prove me wrong!).
I NEVER CLAIMED TO KNOW SO DON'T ASK ME TO PROVE ANYTHING. Capiche? Where do you get the idea that people have to prove you wrong? lol. Don't state an idea is true unless YOU can back it up. Not, unless we can prove it wrong rofl...
If YOU take the time to prove your own statements to yourself, you'd see they're not true and had you actually looked into it first before you started making stuff up, you woulda never spoken of it in the first place.
Man... are you Legion's 2nd Avatar or something?

:rolleyes:

*edit*
Essentially, your "theory" is what you do at the beginning of a study. You come up with an idea, then you DO RESEARCH. Once you think you have enough evidence you THEN present YOUR RESEARCH to your peers and the public for scrutiny.
Problem with you and Legion (surely there are others) is you skip the whole "DO YOUR RESEARCH" part and instead you tell us to research it for you.
I mean, seriously... wtf?!

Last edited:
:lolup: i am feeling no love lost between them :poke:

Im sorry you dont understand the difference between a theory and a statement of fact.

Your argument holds no merit. Maybe if you had ever written a research paper you would understand.

The word 'theory' is generally considered to derive from Greek θεωρία theoria (Jerome), Greek "contemplation, speculation".

You form a theory first, then try to back it up with strong evidence.

I have presented a theory, its up to you to validate it, I have already stated that it works for me.

And I think we are talking about 2 different Legions here, as I have stated in prior posts.

Wildman - when your scanning the mobs, do they not aggro on you most of the time?

How in practice did do this, and specifically what mobs did you try this on?

Last edited:
depends on mobs agro range, Trax yes I had to kill as they agro closer than my scan range. Allo, chompers anything that has a low agro you can run around scanning easy. Allos is where I first found this to be true but latter saw it in the trax as well I just decided to scan prior to killing.

I wrote down their attributes and just kept scanning looking for the odd one. Their attributs vary with maturity but the HoF at least for me was close to double every time in at least 2 attribute catagories. But I passed up many globals along the way as what I was doing never showed me the globals.

Im sorry you dont understand the difference between a theory and a statement of fact.

Your argument holds no merit. Maybe if you had ever written a research paper you would understand.

You form a theory first, then try to back it up with strong evidence.

I have presented a theory, its up to you to validate it, I have already stated that it works for me.

Wildman - when your scanning the mobs, do they not aggro on you most of the time?

How in practice did do this, and specifically what mobs did you try this on?
The fact you never do research for your own ideas, is emphasised in the bold part of this quote.
If you had done research rather than just made assumptions based on your perception of things, then you might have a theory. Instead, all you have is an idea.
If you look at what Wildman said in his post, he mentions the reason why he didn't post. I would have thought his post clarified things, but apparently all you read was "double=hof" and skipped the rest.

*edit*keep in mind I never claimed to know any loot system outside of yellow text*edit*

I really wish people would stop posting their theories about perception. Some day the whole world will start using it and it will get nerfed. And then I will have to go back to being a clueless noob.

There is no need to teach the world about it. Fine, your soc mates I understand. But why try to teach it to those who don't want to learn it anyway? Just let it go!

I really wish people would stop posting their theories about perception. Some day the whole world will start using it and it will get nerfed. And then I will have to go back to being a clueless noob.

There is no need to teach the world about it. Fine, your soc mates I understand. But why try to teach it to those who don't want to learn it anyway? Just let it go!

I won't even pretend to know what it is for, usless if you ask me!!

The fact you never do research for your own ideas, is emphasised in the bold part of this quote.
If you had done research rather than just made assumptions based on your perception of things, then you might have a theory. Instead, all you have is an idea.
If you look at what Wildman said in his post, he mentions the reason why he didn't post. I would have thought his post clarified things, but apparently all you read was "double=hof" and skipped the rest.

*edit*keep in mind I never claimed to know any loot system outside of yellow text*edit*

The word 'theory' is generally considered to derive from Greek θεωρία theoria (Jerome), Greek "contemplation, speculation".

So here you claim that I just made all this up, and never tried it in game to see if it worked?

Hmmm.....

You said it not me lol.

But I agree all your posts are a waste of bandwidth.

You apparently havent looked at my rep in this forum.

Rep? Like in "number of red bars"? Or did you join the "Conspiracy Club" and your club mates who love your theories beyond any measure gonna beat me up tonite?

And Im done with this thread, good day.

Every 2nd post is from you now - that is your "done with"?

:laugh:

Yeah I get it, you're Legion #2 I'm wasting bandwidth.
GL~

Can we even be sure that he is not Legion himself? I'm unable to spot the difference between those two...

:D

How "no longer"? It has never been possible... and ofc, i was talking about "on the long run" and not about the odd profitable hunt/mining run/crafting run in between - and TT value of loot only.

:scratch2: So if 100000 people have a return of 90%, and 1 person a return of 100%, MA can't make money?

any non depositers hit something big b4?

I love seeing these skillgain theories. I don't use them, but I like to see how people draw conclusions from coincidences.

I 100% DISAGREE with this theory!

I kept out of this thread because I know otherwise and most are reading into the support statement.

Try scaning mobs prior to killing them and see what the average attributes are. Look for the one with close to double and you will HoF. I proved this to myself hunting trax when I found a 2k HoF and the stats were almost doubled a normal mature. I didn't know what I had found at the time of I would have screen shots, lack of screen shot is why I stayed out of this thread. I had done it several times but hey why else are scanners in the game to nuke each other or another usless tool? or maby not. Scanner works well on Chompers saving ammo. I have to say I saw no differance in scanning a mob that was just a global only a mob that will HoF.

With that said the actual loot may not be generated but it is predetermind if the Mob will pay well or not HoF wise. This is a fact I have proven to myself as a hunter if you don't believe me break out your scaners and gather data for yourself.

Wouldn't scanning everything drastically increase decay? Also, I would imagine it'd be an annoyance at best to deal with all those normal creatures. What do you do with the ones who don't have a HoF?

did anyone ever think about it that

"this creature didnt carry any loot"

Is a LIE? :evilking:

Depends on how you look at it.

Here is my version.

Some time ago, we had major problems with loot lagging like hell.

This somehow miraculous disappeared without a note as to what was fixed.

Now.

What if this was not fixed? But instead the timer where the loot window to pop up was modified in the way that if it took too long the above message was shown. What happens to the real loot then? Well, we are all wondering how the out of the ordinary 5k daikibas 20k atrox and such are generated.

I think those loots are generated from loot windows that appear to the players as no looters, but in real they are just lagging behind.

The facts fit the theory.

1. People complained about lagging loot.

2. It was miraculous solved.

3. Small mobs start giving out ridiculous high loots.

4. People complain about increased rate of no looters.

5. In history no bug was fixed as fast as this one. (is there any bug that was really fixed without reappearing over and over?)

So, was loot lag really fixed or worked around?

:scratch2: So if 100000 people have a return of 90%, and 1 person a return of 100%, MA can't make money?

Sure they can, but how many phone bills you didn't have to pay last year?
Or do you know someone who can consume as much electricity as he wants w/o paying, just because his toaster is an energy saving type (high end gear, so to speak ;) ), they let him waste energy and he doesn't have to pay for it?

Seriously, we are moving towards "rumours and propaganda" territory here again, and damn fast - it is absolutely possible (and normal) that companies give away freebies (even expensive giveaways) to make more people use their product, but no company will ever allow a constant & uncontrolled drain from their bank account.

MA is a company as every other out there - that they utilize an innovative concept of a real cash economy inside a virtual universe makes them somehow special, but not thaaaaat special, not soooo special that you and me could expect them to act against all laws of modern economics - why are people unable to understand that? IMO people are simply unwilling... dreaming of cash for free... they will never allow that someone shatters their dreams.

But the statment "Noone can steal my loot" is incorrect still..

Because, if someone kills your mob, no matter how and what happends, you still lose the loot of that mob for youself. The other person might get some other loot then you would have had, but you can never kill the very same mob again.

Sure they can, but how many phone bills you didn't have to pay last year?
Or do you know someone who can consume as much electricity as he wants w/o paying, just because his toaster is an energy saving type (high end gear, so to speak ;) ), they let him waste energy and he doesn't have to pay for it?

So MA has a different business model than the usual company. So what? Just because its not common means its not possible. And there is a very good other example of such deviating business model, namely poker sites.

This argument does not hold any ground.

Seriously, we are moving towards "rumours and propaganda" territory here again, and damn fast - it is absolutely possible (and normal) that companies give away freebies (even expensive giveaways) to make more people use their product, but no company will ever allow a constant & uncontrolled drain from their bank account.

You are indeed moving towards the "rumors and propoganda" territory, hence I reacted to you.

Can you give the ground on which you based that such a money drain is uncontrolled? I can give you a model with a very controlled moneyflow without any problems. You can also look at how poker websites make money.

MA is a company as every other out there - that they utilize an innovative concept of a real cash economy inside a virtual universe makes them somehow special, but not thaaaaat special, not soooo special that you and me could expect them to act against all laws of modern economics - why are people unable to understand that? IMO people are simply unwilling... dreaming of cash for free... they will never allow that someone shatters their dreams.

Its not so innovative at all, such a model. The only problem is that you didn't know of it. Now you do ;).

What we all wanted to know for ages!

Just annoy support about lost loot for a bit and they may talk out of the box if you get lucky :cool:

Now its official! Nobody can steal your loot!

Message from support:
Unfortunately loot is not created until you actually loot the creatures. Hence we have no possibility to see anywhere in our logs what would have been on a creature that was never looted.

actually this confirm my suspect too. I m very sorry your loot was so bad to force you to send many support case. For experience i know that this will not help.
:(

So MA has a different business model than the usual company. So what? Just because its not common means its not possible. And there is a very good other example of such deviating business model, namely poker sites.

This argument does not hold any ground.

You are indeed moving towards the "rumors and propoganda" territory, hence I reacted to you.

Can you give the ground on which you based that such a money drain is uncontrolled? I can give you a model with a very controlled moneyflow without any problems. You can also look at how poker websites make money.

Its not so innovative at all, such a model. The only problem is that you didn't know of it. Now you do ;).

Poker = gambling, EU is not...
Sorry, your argumentation doesn't hold any water, you're comparing apples and potatoes here.

And im not sure i get the rest of your post, i didn't know of.. what?

Poker = gambling, EU is not...
Sorry, your argumentation doesn't hold any water, you're comparing apples and potatoes here.

And im not sure i get the rest of your post, i didn't know of.. what?

You are comparing MA with energy and telephone companies and you accuse me of comparing apples and potatoes ;). The fact that poker is gambling or not is of totally no relevance to the mechanics of the model that poker sites use. It could work with any game, the only relevant condition is that money is wagered, which is clearly the case with EU.

You are comparing MA with energy and telephone companies and you accuse me of comparing apples and potatoes ;). The fact that poker is gambling or not is of totally no relevance to the mechanics of the model that poker sites use. It could work with any game, the only relevant condition is that money is wagered, which is clearly the case with EU.

I said EU is a company like every other out there, yes - poker is totally different because it is gambling.

Usually, you have to provide EXACT information what you are going to charge for your service, why this is different in sweden is above me...

Still, charging different fees for exactly the same service is (at best) questionable business practice... not sure if this is even legal in sweden.

Now tell me where your poker gambling site charges fees based on what - - - exactly, they do not charge any fee, they profit from losses, or charge you no fee at all when you are lucky... surprisingly, MA stated an hourly fee of $0.50 to $1.50 per hour... and maybe file a support case, but i am sure this fee is applied to all players the same way, there are no "chosen players" and no "chosen gear" that will magically turn your time spent ingame into (TT) profit.

Do you think the swedish gambling commission is full of blind retards so they classified EU as "not gambling" while in fact it is?

When you really think the money in EU is "wagered", you clearly belong in the same section as i.e. Coelacanth - people who are 100% sure that OTHERS loot THEIR losses... if so, any further discussion is futile, because this would clearly be gambling:

Redistributing others losses by luck: Gambling
Redistributing others losses by personal preference: Illegal

How many options are left??
(i assume you do not think EU is fraud or somehow illegal, or illegally running a gambling business)

Back