Do you have a mental disorder?

• Yes, please share your experience

Votes: 43 27.7%
  • No

Votes: 88 56.8%
  • I am a psycologist

Votes: 24 15.5%

• Total voters
Shock Therapy is still in use afaik, but in a little different form then the way we typically picture it. And like said, mostly as a last resort.

Skam, you are absolutely correct, in this post. They don't need someone enabling them, but somone willing to help them.

From your previous post the first thing stated was "you're overreacting." Even though a person may be, that sets the tone for what's to follow. Although a person "in their right mind" may take it appropriately, someone with tainted understanding may not. It could put them on the defensive and basically mute anything said after that point.

Although I do agree with the rest of what you said, I wanted to point out what a person in the storm would key in on.

A person with "issues" tends to be withdrawn and not too trusting. Criticizing before the explanation doesn't help. Explaining before the criticism is easier taken.

Actually, I opened with those words instead of using a different approach because in my experience things shouldnt always be pillowwrapped for people with mental disorders.They find themself focusing on the wrapping rather then the actual message, so the famous tip-toeing doesn't neccesairly work.

There's a difference between a "strong" voice and a demanding, demeaning one.
People with mental disorders that wants to help often have a tendency of not listening to 'friends', but they listen to authoritive figures.
Im not claiming to be one, Im just saying that pillowwrapping it isnt always the way to go.

Thats just my personal experience.
Of course everything differs from person to person, but I got the impression that Kiriku did not take my message badly, so I suppose I wasnt that wrong in my assasment after all.

lets hope u get banned again noob jokey :wtg:

There's a difference between a "strong" voice and a demanding, demeaning one.
People with mental disorders that wants to help often have a tendency of not listening to 'friends', but they listen to authoritive figures.

Funny enough you are kind of right.. for my case if you are demanding I will crush you, if you are friend like I don't trust you, if I feel you are trying to sincerely help with a so called 'strong voice' I'm just a baby who tends to believe..

I would think there would be allot more people with some kind of mental illness that are playing EU because of the escape of real life..

Heres an interesting mental disorder for ya:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqIALr9sr-Q[/YOUTUBE]

CALL: 1-900-FOOTSIE
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

~Omega

Heres an interesting mental disorder for ya:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqIALr9sr-Q[/YOUTUBE]

CALL: 1-900-FOOTSIE
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

~Omega

Whats the call costs?

Thats was the best set of pedicured feet I've ever seen ;)

No Toe Jam here, call the number and remember that antifungals are you're fetish friend:D

Good for you!:)

Could be of certain value as a mercenary ^^

btw.. just came back from the pshychiatric and psychologist..
They strongly advise me to do intense therapy... meaning that I am
not allowed to work and I have to quit school :eyecrazy:

I'm not going to do that for sure...

Good for you!:)

Could be of certain value as a mercenary ^^

btw.. just came back from the pshychiatric and psychologist..
They strongly advise me to do intense therapy... meaning that I am
not allowed to work and I have to quit school :eyecrazy:

I'm not going to do that for sure...

What type of therapy and why did they 'strongly' advise you to do this Kiriku?

Maybe it's a good sign that you're taking your own decisions on this though rather than passively submit to the therapy treadmill...let me know how it goes please?

Maybe it's a good sign that you're taking your own decisions on this though rather than passively submit to the therapy treadmill...let me know how it goes please?
Yes, far be it for medical professionals to know anything. The simple term 'therapy' is used but can mean a variety of different techniques with approaches tailored to the individual's need.

Had a problem, but I'm mostly alright now. I think part of my problem is actually a personality trait rather than a disorder. Drawing the line appears difficult, particularly with a Western search for normalisation of personailities leading to over medication and excessive stigma attached to what was previously just an aspect of someone's personality now being treated as a medical condition to be removed.

Drawing the line appears difficult, particularly with a Western search for normalisation of personailities leading to over medication and excessive stigma attached to what was previously just an aspect of someone's personality now being treated as a medical condition to be removed.

Yes and probably a political aspect to this in many cultures, and I'm not excluding Western, capitalist cultures from this either.

And yes, the classic diagnosis problem for abnormal behaviour: where do you draw the line, are there hard, black and white categories of normal and abnormal behaviour or infinite shades of grey?

may i ask - how old are you?
Sure you can, I'm 28

What type of therapy and why did they 'strongly' advise you to do this Kiriku?

Thank you for the interest Oracle, I apreciate it very much

I'm not sure what kind of therapy it is.. She said it was in a group
and very intense.. It's because I lack some stuff..
I need to get 're-raised' like a child and learn the same things over..

She told me that it was in their experience that such a therapy would give the best results.. but I'm scared you see

I'm not allowed to see my current psychologist anymore because we came to close.. that really hurts. My head is pounding from crying the whole day...
But fortunately I'm not being transferred to another location, I will be seeing another psychologist who I already met and he is ok as far as I can tell..
Still it hurts like hell :x

So I'm going in therapy with him and see how far we will come, and if it will be necessary to do the intensive therapy I can always go.. first we are going to try this.

Sure you can, I'm 28

Thank you for the interest Oracle, I apreciate it very much

I'm not sure what kind of therapy it is.. She said it was in a group
and very intense.. It's because I lack some stuff..
I need to get 're-raised' like a child and learn the same things over..

She told me that it was in their experience that such a therapy would give the best results.. but I'm scared you see

I'm not allowed to see my current psychologist anymore because we came to close.. that really hurts. My head is pounding from crying the whole day...
But fortunately I'm not being transferred to another location, I will be seeing another psychologist who I already met and he is ok as far as I can tell..
Still it hurts like hell :x

So I'm going in therapy with him and see how far we will come, and if it will be necessary to do the intensive therapy I can always go.. first we are going to try this.

Kiriku I will pm you in the next day or two because I'd like to talk about some issues you raise in this post.

Take care.

Kev

What a load of shite... :thumbup:

What do you mean?

Why do you tumbsup for a load of shit?
Hope you wil lget the same amount.. thumbsup yours

Last edited:
The therapy is going to be this...
First I need to be accepted though...

Mentalization based therapy (MBT) is a specific type of psychodynamically-oriented psychotherapy designed to help people with borderline personality disorder (BPD). Its focus is helping people to differentiate and separate out their own thoughts and feelings from those around them.

People with borderline personality disorder tend to have unstable and intense relationships, and may unconsciously exploit and manipulate others. They may find it difficult or impossible to recognize the effects their behavior has on other people, to put themselves in other people’s shoes and to empathize with others.

Mentalization is the capacity to understand both behavior and feelings and how they’re associated with specific mental states, not just in ourselves, but in others as well. It is theorized that people with borderline personality disorder (BPD) have a decreased capacity for mentalization. Mentalization is a component in most traditional types of psychotherapy, but it is not usually the primary focus of such therapy approaches.

In mentalization-based therapy (MBT), the concept of mentalization is emphasized, reinforced and practiced within a safe and supportive psychotherapy setting. Because the approach is psychodynamic, therapy tends to be less directive than cognitive-behavioral approaches, such as dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), another common treatment approach for borderline personality disorder.

In someone with BPD, the difference between the person’s inner experience and the perspective given by the therapist (or others), as well as the person’s attachment to the therapist (or others), often leads to feelings of bewilderment and instability.

Unsurprisingly, this leads to more, rather than less, problems in the person’s life. It has been proposed that people with BPD have hyperactive attachment systems as a result of their history or biological predisposition, which may account for their reduced capacity to mentalize. They would be particularly vulnerable to side-effects of psychotherapeutic treatments that activate the attachment system.

Yet without activation of the attachment system, people with BPD will never develop a capacity to function in a healthy manner in the context of interpersonal relationships.

Mentalization, like socialization or public speaking, is a skill which can be readily learned. People who undergo MBT will find that their therapy experience focuses on learning and practicing this skill in the context not only of their social relationships with others, but also directly with their therapist.

asperger.

funny thing is...i work at a electronics sales shop since late 05 now....and im the best sales person. beat that...had no knowledge, no communication skills when i started (i was 15)

tbh, i skipped grades on school...for the dutch: exams HAVO on age 15

Kiriku, your afliction is now clear to me... in a manner of speaking... ;)
Good luck witn your therapy (if you're accepted).

What do you mean?

Why do you tumbsup for a load of shit?
Hope you wil lget the same amount.. thumbsup yours

Srsly I mean wtf?! I'm so bipolar. Thank goodness this thread is here to help :)

I have Autism/Aspergers Sydrome. This makes it hard to make some friends irl, but i manage. I'm even starting to get over it, because i used to not like loud noises, but now i love listening to loud heavy metal to get me to sleep.

Entropia Universe has helped me because I make friends here, and it helps to counteract the lack of friends irl.

Also, first post for me.

I have Autism/Aspergers Sydrome. This makes it hard to make some friends irl, but i manage. I'm even starting to get over it, because i used to not like loud noises, but now i love listening to loud heavy metal to get me to sleep.

Entropia Universe has helped me because I make friends here, and it helps to counteract the lack of friends irl.

Also, first post for me.

Welcome !

It's quite amazing how EU can affect you for the better, for me.. it's given me a mental dissorder that i never used to suffer from, it's called..

."who needs RL m8's when you got EU?" syndrome, hehe i'm jokin really, i just don't like real people very much lol ! :p hehe :D:D

Today I have spoken with another psychologist, and he made an arrangement at a 24hour crisis center.. so when I have a drama again I can go there to cry and stuff :yay:
And he applied me to the MBT therapy
And I will get another appointment to my psychiatrist

I am missing the chemistry though..

I would like to have someone define me "normal" and "perfect" :yay:

Use the word "out of average" since in reality nothing is perfect nor normal, no one can define it but their own personal thoughts ;)

479-there-is-waldo.gif

Since my main computer broken down not to long ago I have no distraction atm. So Monday I am starting a part time (7 hours a day) 5 days a week threatment untill I get pshycotherapy

Can't really describe in how much pain I am in.. I can even feel it in my stomach.The passed weeks I am all cranky and aggrassive on the forum which is not really nice.

Just an update and I am trying to write it out my head..

Can't really describe in how much pain I am in.. I can even feel it in my stomach.The passed weeks I am all cranky and aggrassive on the forum which is not really nice.

I'd recomend you consult (yet another) doctor about those pains.

A friend was diagnosed with Hepatitis caused by stress some time ago.
I once provoked myself some nasty gastritis out of anger.
And gastric ulcers are very common in angry/nervous people.

Yeah, you must be sick of all those doctors.
But maybe you won't be as cranky if you stop those stomach pains.

Anyway, good luck with your treatment next Monday. :D

:hammer: Tomorrow I have my 'first' intake..
had to fill a list of 430+ questions before hand, and tomorrow the first two chats with a pshycologist and pshycatrist, Im stressed out :(

Back