New Virus On EF?

Dorsai

Elite
Society
Supremacy Reign.
Very slow page load times.

I am currently getting very very slow page loading times here.

I am not talking of it taking 3-4 seconds, I am talking about 5 minutes plus, or even pages that never actually finish loading.

In all cases the part of the page that is taking literally forever to load is "www.hyperconnect.com"

Anyone know who/what they are?

I suspect they are some form of "advertising" site, who have ideas above their servers abilities.

I have seen it before, when an advertising site has loads of customers, loads of pages they advertise on, and bugger all bandwidth.

Anyone else having the same problem?

If 711 wants to have ads here that is fine, but if they take 20 mins to load no one will ever see them, and I have Blocked them.

I have the same problem at work. At my home computer there is no problem. Loading the "new posts" is no problem just loading each post, user cp, PM, reply and stuff like that.

ATM its working fine at work :D

I have the same problem, my browser "hangs" on hyperconnect which I'm assuming is the host of the banner ads.

I think hyperconnect.com is not only the ad manager.

If you are using firefox, try an extension named: QuickJava, and try disabling java, flash, etc...

All EF pages are loading very quickly for me, in both IE and Firefox.

Hyperconnect.com is a domain owned by me that is used to serve the EF Adspace banner ads.

Both EntropiaForum.com and Hyperconnect.com are hosted on very fast servers, with multiple-redundant internet backbone connections.

All EF pages are loading very quickly for me, in both IE and Firefox.

Hyperconnect.com is a domain owned by me that is use to serve the EF Adspace banner ads.

Both EntropiaForum.com and Hyperconnect.com are hosted on very fast servers, with multiple-redundant internet backbone connections.

It seems OK now, but when I posted the OP it was far from fine.

PS, I do use Firefox. I got fed up with IE about 6 weeks after I got on the net. Not used it since.

Happening to me too... especially in the WoF Subforum (in which I spend most of my time :laugh: ). Threads are simply not loading completely.

Apologies if this thread becomes a duplicate but the lag loading any page with an Ad on it is horrendous.

I think the banner Ad system may have been hijacked again as I am currently getting malware reports on any EF page with a banner Ad on it.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Getting this only on EF so my suspicion is that a variety of last month's problem may have resurfaced.

I'm getting some pretty bad lag when loading EF Pages too, but no virus/spyware warnings.

Last Month's problem was a fault that 711 fixed right up. I doubt it is that.

I'm also getting a long lag in past few hours so wouldnt surprise me if AVG starts reporting a problem.

Hope it's a false alarm.

Confirmed. PDF thingie or so on EFatempt to download blocked by virusscanner Bloodhound.PDFgen according to symantec.

Just had a virus warning myself when I came on EF. Was fine about 30 minutes ago. Took a good 5 minutes for this page to load to even read it let alone reply.

I am not getting any lag or warnings, maybe because I'm using the adblock plus plugin for firefox, so I get no ads

Also getting security warning and files blocked

Yep, i's back. :rolleyes:

Been getting the message for the last couple hours.

This is getting old.

Its giving me a window from abdobe with 3d parsing errors when i try to load a new page on EF atm.

Only surf on Linux PCs :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ie dont use internet explorer, use firefox or chrome. Always have a good antivirus prog, ie no free crap. Use adblock in firefox if you use that and also download and imunize your system with spyware search & destroy.

Never use Internet Explorer and always use an updated antivirus software, including a fresch virus database.

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah most of us are well aware IE sux. :laugh:

But as you can see from this screenie getting it in firefox also. ;)

And the point is, quite frankly this crap shouldn't be happening every week or two on EF... imo.

Firefox, + adblock pllus + no scripts for the win :)

No problems here, and were not any problems from the last attack

Rgds

Ace

Lot of action recently on EF.

Could be all the banned and pissed people striking back.. :scratch2:

Yeah most of us are well aware IE sux. :laugh:

But as you can see from this screenie getting it in firefox also. ;)

And the point is, quite frankly this crap shouldn't be happening every week or two on EF... imo.

doesnt seem to be the same. And well use adblock and spyware search and destroy. :)

I also get a warning with avast! of a trojan it tries to load from hqcqyqlktsg.com.. the virus name as Prontexi-AN (Trojan). :p

doesnt seem to be the same. And well use adblock and spyware search and destroy. :)

lol....so, since we can protect ourselves, we shouldn't let anyone know and just let them stay on the site?

Ok :thumbup:...sorry I mentioned it. ;)

I have extreme lagging on the page but no warning messages while using Iron

Back