News: EBN: CDF looking for files

Wody

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Joshua Jot Avarius
From the clientloader:

EBN: CDF looking for files

In a press release, CDF announced that they are looking for Dr Almon Duchev’s files. In order to make a proper analysis, they need both the known 14 files and the five new one CDF believes are circulating. In return for the files, CDF will give away some test samples from the exobiological research division.

Anyone that turns in a complete file set of the old Duchev file (files #1 to #14, covering log entries 10328 to 10356) will be awarded an Ach-O Torment’s Tainted Whip (Limited).
In addition, those that turn in a complete set of all Duchev files, both old and new ones (i.e. files #1 to #19), will get a special prize, a set of Jaguar boots (Unlimited) and an Ach-O Torment’s Tainted Whip (Limited).

These rewards will be given away in a special ceremony in the Genesis Star Tower in Twin Peaks, on Wednesday March 4th, 18:00 UTC. After the ceremony, this offer is closed.

how much are those items worth?

Whips ..... hmmm and limited ... well when taming update come they gonna be wort something but limited hmmm .... strange prize ....

Curious how much ppl paid for those logs :D

Way 2 much and it seems the prize is almost a joke.

i bought some for 500peds each

others were less depends how rare they were

yesterday the asking price forr log 15 was 3k then 1k (mentioning no names). Luckily i managed to loot my own log 15.

Unless this whip shoots lightening and does like 200+ dmg this shows how rediculous markups can become. Some of those logs, as stated above, were selling for stupid prices. Enjoy your whip :thumbup:

Unless this whip shoots lightening and does like 200+ dmg this shows how rediculous markups can become. Some of those logs, as stated above, were selling for stupid prices. Enjoy your whip :thumbup:

i was collecting them for other purposes i was quite certain there wouldn't be any prize for them. Guess i was wrong about that.

oh if i was tempted to cash them in for the whip i can't ecause i have parts 8,9,10,12 ad 16-19 missing.

Look at it this way the prize could have been a clown mask :)

Always look at the brighter side of life :)

Cool to see some rewards for the collectors :)

Probably there will be an abundance of many logs with 1 or 2 rare ones.

I have a set 1-15, now the question is, hand it over to CDF, or keep them myself ...

I don't have alot of trust in CDF :/

Hmm... Jag footies.... will the actually be a "Boot" that matches the Jag armor? Or are they just talking Jag feet? If they're talking Jag feet... does that mean the other UL Jag parts will be dropping during the next part of the mutant event?

Because honestly.... just having UL feet is almost useless....

I have Dr. Almon Duchev Log Part 14
If somone wants to buy it, then you are welcome ;)
Also how much is it worth as the TT values of the current one is 8,49 PED

.. Because MA should always be giving out huge prizes so people can place huge markup on any items in the hopes of winning big?

It seems to me that it is healthy once in a while also to show than buying any event item is not always the shortcut to riches.

Have all but 14-19 myself... But unless that axe have a tt of something like 10K I'll keep them...

maby the whip hits for over 100
i'd liek to see somone tame a spider with a whip that does 20 dam max :rolleyes:

should be a cool prise even though it's L IMO

why, because the players create an over-expectation what rewards might be when nothing was even hinted at originally?

Because honestly.... just having UL feet is almost useless....

yeah, useless on their own. but dont worry if you come by any, just give them to me and i'll find a use for them :money:

I suppose the asking price for a set of logs will now equal the MU of Jag Feet (with maybe a little added on for good measure :thumbup: )

hehe, yeah im glad i never had a log.
AnywAY GRTZ IN ADVANCE TO THE WINNERS!!

Have all but 14-19 myself... But unless that axe have a tt of something like 10K I'll keep them...

I wonder what CDF will do if none of the colonists want to hand over the logs! :p

yah know, i thought about tting my log so long ago for the ped, but now i think i have a use for it.... if i decide to trade it. march 4th is a bit away...

but why just jag feet? why not give them an entire set of jag?!

yah know, i thought about tting my log so long ago for the ped, but now i think i have a use for it.... if i decide to trade it. march 4th is a bit away...

but why just jag feet? why not give them an entire set of jag?!

because the gave away harnessses and those need feet lol

:)

I wonder what CDF will do if none of the colonists want to hand over the logs! :p

That would be quite fun ^^

Might perhaps even get them to toss in a bit more to the offer.. A La would be nice :p

That would be quite fun ^^

Might perhaps even get them to toss in a bit more to the offer.. A La would be nice :p

Sounds like a plan to me. MA did say it's a sandbox environment and we can shape how the future develops. Let's shape it for the better. I was planning on keeping logs anyway so makes no diff to me. I'll keep them :)

Einstein you want to make a new thread on this for good measure since you came up with idea i think you should have privelege of making new thread. So all other collectors are aware of the situation. Maybe there will be an article about this on EF ;)

Sounds like a plan to me. MA did say it's a sandbox environment and we can shape how the future develops. Let's shape it for the better.

or they'll think to themselves "bunch of lil greedy spoiled kids, let's change the prize to 100 sweat"

:D

2-300$ isnt enough?

full sets of protector of the empire were given for fewer robot components, i think they could hand over better rewards than this.

or they'll think to themselves "bunch of lil greedy spoiled kids, let's change the prize to 100 sweat"

:D

We don't have to accept any prize, can keep the logs - we are collectors rremember :)

Anyone has any idea how many completed first series logs are out there at this time?

Anyone has any idea how many completed first series logs are out there at this time?

I have a complete set 1-14. Looted many bought a few. I bought them more for collecting them and never thought they would be worth anything for a prize so I see that as a potential bonus.

Not sure what the whip is worth, especially being L, but it may be what is needed to tame a trox or some other large mob. If the whip is only given out for the 14 logs then its MU may reach the same as what some paid for the logs.

I will hope to loot some of the new logs, but am not sure I would pay for them or not yet.

The time the prizes will be given away poses the biggest dilema for me. I am working at that time and am not sure I can take the time off to be here to get the prize. If I can't get off work I may not have a choice in turning in the logs or not. I am not complaining about the prize, just how tough it is for people from all corners of the world to schedule time off work in the middle of a week on such short notice.

Not that I've looted any of the logs but if I had I'd be more inclined to hold on to them instead of getting whip (L) if was unlimited then that would be another matter.

If I had all the logs then I'd probably still hold onto them, a set of jag foot guards isn't much use to me without the rest of the set and to be honest if I sold the footguards the ped would be gone pretty fast.

Theres an evil part of me that just wants the EBN / CDF rep standing at Twin for hours waiting for someone to hand over a log but no one turns up.

Last edited:
Back