Ouch.... Another auction mistake by someone.

LeWolf86

Stalker
Society
Tax Collectors
Garrett MrEarth Clark
Go to auction, put in Simple II plastic springs, sort by MU going down. And loot at the top listing.

woot 10k bid - someone gonna be pissed

Last edited:
what do you think the odds are that this Avi will get there ped back?

that really stinks. but why start a thread? :confused:

oooooo lemme guess

ummm .. its a forum?

woot

Bones

yes but this isn't the person involved. i pmed the person that placed the wild bid they said oh well it sucks basically. they might of not wanted attention drawn to the mistake it is a bit embarrassing to toss out 1000 bucks for nothing possibly.

ouch!!!!

but imo... seeing how much that ava seem to be spending ingame...might have too much money and maybe a spending problem... unless u tell me its a non-depositor? lol...

i guess this ava will be like. FUCK.. oh well... this is only spare change... lets craft and ath some more now got a better reason!

Could be a conspiracy to launder money... But I guess when it comes down to it, people just do weird things when they play video games.

Last edited:
could be some extreme market manipulation? ok not really.

ped transfer loves ;)

oh crap i was drunk as last night... i better get in and make sure it isn't me. :shots:

Or maybe the bidder knew that this was the best batch of Simple II Plastic Springs ever.

The seller is from a reputable soc, so I'm confident this should end up being sorted out between them.

Go to auction, put in Simple II plastic springs, sort by MU going down. And loot at the top listing.

So you pucked up with your Alt ? :confused:

An easy way to transfer PEDs. People do it all the time.

Menace

The seller is from a reputable soc, so I'm confident this should end up being sorted out between them.

If it is a mistake I hope the seller has the decency to not take advantage of someone elses mistake. Lets face it we have all made mistakes in our lives at some point or another. Sometimes a mistake cannot be corrected regardless of what anyone does about it. In this case though the mistake can be corrected very easy by the seller having decent morals towards the buyer and the community.

could be some extreme market manipulation? ok not really.

Dont fear the money. Tell it how it is.
Market manipulation is real.

LOOK BACK IN TIME WHEN YOU CHECK THE MU OF AN ITEM.
CHECK TO SEE YOU ARE NOT LOOKING AT AN ITEM THAT IS TIER 3 AND NOT TIER 1.

market manipulation is more easy the more rare an item is.
Its an attemt to cheat.
They will often use more then one account.
Say they use the account of thier sisters.
So they lose no money but when they sell the real item the same day they get one two or three percent more.

Keep checking on these transactions and find out if you have society mates doing this.
Its steals from us all. I feel it is a cowardly act.

If you want to take over a market try and do it with real power.
Take a chance and buy up all the product. You may win you may not but you will not be a cheater.

Its an attemt to cheat.
So they lose no money but when they sell the real item the same day they get one two or three percent more.

Keep checking on these transactions and find out if you have society mates doing this.

Take a chance and buy up all the product. You may win you may not but you will not be a cheater.

Interesting point, I didn't look at it from this angle. I don't know if this is whats really going on here but if it is I hope a stop is put to this type of cheating.

Its an attemt to cheat.

That is one hefty transaction fee to manipulate the market value on something that would only give you a small profit on with your sales of them. :eyecrazy:

Market manipulation is more easy the more rare an item is. Its an attemt to cheat.
They will often use more then one account. Say they use the account of thier sisters.

There is some kind of mismatch between U.S. morality and European morality. :girl: To me, it is an immoral thing to buy all of a specific resource (with "real power"), then start selling it in altered pricing. Instead, it is completely OK to me to sell my daughter something in +20% market price, then let her to sell it to my son with +22% price, then let my son sell it with +25% price to the outsider. It is only one item and the buyer should be always aware of possibly overshot of prices. It is OK especially if the price is stupidly high already before the spin! :wise:

It was a simple mistake that anyone could have made.

The buyer was put in touch with a senior member of the seller's soc last night - it only took them 3 intermediaries .. who said the grapevine doesnt work? :laugh:.

I anticipate there will be an equitable outcome (if it hasn't happened already, timezones being what they are).

It was a simple mistake that anyone could have made.

The buyer was put in touch with a senior member of the seller's soc last night - it only took them 3 intermediaries .. who said the grapevine doesnt work? :laugh:.

I anticipate there will be an equitable outcome (if it hasn't happened already, timezones being what they are).

Our socmate was contacted also in our forum via PM. So I am sure all will sort out.

moving peds between accounts ..... maybe ??

A friend of mine bought 60 ped belkar for 600 ped last week.
I once bought a tt+2 BP for tt+200 (year or 2 ago)

Someone in the past put an adj V1 in auction for tt+1k instead of tt+10K ... sold immediately

Mistakes happen, honest sellers/buyers don't take advantage from it.

Atami

This sort of thing happens because people put such a "high" end bid for no good reason at all than to catch their unwitting prey. The person who listed this item on auction should return the bidders money. To be honest MA should have a button to be able to retract a bid, if they can do it for the new medusa island why not everything else in EU?

This sort of thing happens because people put such a "high" end bid for no good reason at all than to catch their unwitting prey. The person who listed this item on auction should return the bidders money. To be honest MA should have a button to be able to retract a bid, if they can do it for the new medusa island why not everything else in EU?

no, there was no end bid at all. it was an auction without buyout. and by far not all auctions without buyout are put to catch "bid my whole ped card" mistakes :wise:

Hey All

i´m the seller in this.
i know the buyer, and the peds will be paid back.
will prolly be some days before i get back ingame, so i hope the buyer can wait a bit more.

rgds Bonne

+Rep for honest person :)

A friend of mine bought 60 ped belkar for 600 ped last week.
I once bought a tt+2 BP for tt+200 (year or 2 ago)

Someone in the past put an adj V1 in auction for tt+1k instead of tt+10K ... sold immediately

Mistakes happen, honest sellers/buyers don't take advantage from it.

Atami

Its better to buy it right away rather than risk someone else will buy it before hes able to detect his misstake and remove it.

I'm glad this had a happy ending :) Did he end up buying the springs a second time :silly2:?

Back