RockTropia?

What would make you more likely to go to RockTropia?

• Total voters

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Hey, I have just spent my first few hours (today and yesterday) at RockTropia and I think it's quite an interesting place. One of the problems I would say is that it is a bit empty...

I would just like to have a small poll to see which would be more likely to attract more players to RT. Maybe MA/FPC/RT will see it and talk about it... :dunno:

"Lowered travel fee" could be about 20-25PED...

PLEASE, if you are just gonna say "I will never go there anyway" or something like that, just dont. I know some people will, and that some will not.

I want this to be a creative discussion about how we could best get an improvement in travelling between planets...

Maybe they could have some kind of monthly travel card instead of fees for example? Pay 50PED and travel as much as you want for a month... :silly2:

all the above options?

I had another option

RT doesnt have a economy on it owns. You cant craft RT weapons nor bulld RT items. So first their has to be some kind of "circle of life"

So for now i say remove fees for now to increase more ppl to go there

I am at rocktropia now but still would like to see the auction transportation fee removed.

I picked shared storage... Cause I know I will forget something or other!! :)

Yes, I thought about the "remove fees temporarily", at least auction fees. Until it has a stronger local economy :)

Well their is no economy. You cant sell their becuase of the low ppl and the stuff that you watn to sell is cheaper on calypso and also calypso related still.

So it is a bit pointless now. Mind you i loved it up there. Great music great atmoshpere

I voted lower travel fee but auction transport fees for replacement L rifle say are outrageous and you will soon become disinclined to stay :(

Or there is always that piece of armor that suddenly goes much quicker than expected and hey you have the same problem.

(I quite like Rocktropia, tho I have to silence the motorhead having said that they are a great band and do some great stuff but after about 15 hours...)

This is silly, we know all the information in in the MA servers

Why not allow us to transfer items between storages at a cost? Lets say 1 ped?

Would be allot cheaper then traveling both ways to get a single item.

Shared universal storage
Removal of auction fees

that's what i would like...

With a view in mind though of "they gotta make their money somewhere" would they not make a whole lot more if to change pixels on a screen ie inter planetary travel and transport costs in auction were free. :yay:

Thereby on that Utopian amnesty day lol and with a view in mind that stretching your peds across planets being very difficult we would all do very much better, at least is this thinkable or possible? If so, how would it work?

I consider myself a bit of a Rocktropia fanboy, in the respect that I like the friendly community atmosphere, and also the exotic mobs, for this reason I spend half of my time up there.

Teleportation fees are not an issue to me, I am going to another planet, often for a long period of time, I am happy to pay.

The main thing that hinders growth, and puts me off living up there permanently is the auction transport fees, which are very excessive. I find my self forking out a 20 ped fee for a new ISIS HL8, and 10 ped for an Ozutsu Ichi.

Fees burn a huge hole in my pocket every time. If a gun breaks, and I don't want to head back to Calypso, I have no choice but to fork out.

For this reason the price of living on Rocktropia is significantly higher than on Calypso, which leaves people spending heaps of money, and ending up broke.

Take away auction transportation fees.

Last edited:
All of the above

and..

more mobs

more tps placed in good positions... (currently there is like 2-3 tps in a BUNCH together then there is no tp whatsoever in a 500 mile radius)

different names on the mobs

different item names...

So yeah, whole RT would need to be changed for me to go there, so I will keep away from RT.... I simply don't like the theme of it. :)

I voted for Universal storage, but really, I think it should be all of the above.

the travel fee

I voted this. I was able to go there and the gracious invite of NeverDie. He promised to pay my travel fees if I stayed for a month, which I was able to do.
I depoed a lot before I went and bought like 3 or 4 good rifles and other gear.
I did even buy a fap and I think armor from auction on RT and payed a lot in the auction fee. This was the eventual thing that killed me. I needed new gear and wasn't willing to continue to pay the auction fees. After a few items, you might as well just travel back to Calypso
So what had me hesitate was the travel fee, after staying I discover that the auction fee truly burns.
So I think it's a little of both, but I chose the travel fee. You don't have to stay for a month. You can gear up before you go and it's not a concern.
it's just too much to pay to travel there... EVERYTIME
traders can't even trade inter-planet because of this

I like the idea of pay once and get travel for a month or something like that

Teleporter fees are as I understand it not an option at this time... as the Higher TP Fees will encourage Space Travel and Trade..

ROCKtropia now has a quite a range of its own Unique Resources, ranging from Mob Parts, Dragon Hide, Zombie Legs, etc through to Unique ROCK's and Enmatters, the Fact that Geologist we hired was Drunk and named all our enmatters after cocktails is beside the Point... Personally I was quite amused and feel that it adds to the flavor of our World...

Next Up is to get our own Blueprints dropping so there is something to craft that is useful and unique to ROCKtropia... Then We will begin to have an economy and a market develop around our resources...

As you are aware we have been live for 4 Months and the fact that we are only just getting closer to having a "Circle of Life" Economy take shape, is an indication that launching worlds is a Process...

ROCKtropia has a long way to go, but their are definately signs of Life to be sure and some good people embracing the culture...

The Fact that Entropia Universe has two Planets with Life on them already puts it Way ahead of the RL Universe where there is only one known Planet that Supports life. So In my book We are way ahead of the Game...

Basically what you are all saying boils down to wanting them to just be another other place inside of EU instead of a totally separate planet.

They are exactly as designed. It's meant to be a completely different other thing. The relative east and cheapness that we can travel between them now is actually much better than I expected, and I suspect, only temporary until hangars and ships work.

Make the transporter fees lower - at least until the economy gets up and running. At the moment the whole planet is a way too quiet. Just needs a kick start.

If there would be no auction fee beetwen RT and calypso, people could sell their loots/minerals on RT for a decent price and wouldn't need to leave back to calypso after a few runs. IMO this would would bring more ppl to RT thans just lowering the tp fee

Voted other:
- I will go when the music systems are in place and a selection of clubs can be visited alongside with the option to buy the music as mp3

I'll go for the universal storage... maybe if with a transport fee whatever! I don't even travel to CND that often for that reason!

Playing some trash, doom, death, symphonic, neo, black, power, progressive, viking, industrial, alternative, gothic metal, would also help! :D

I hope none of them. Should be a separate place, no globals visible on Calypso, no shared auction no nada.

To make it bearable for its visitors, you'd need to remove dependancy on Calypso. E.g. to have minerals/items from lowest to highest, from Opalo to MM, uniquely craftable and lootable on RT.

Then we could finally have separated auction and global chat and I won't have to see anymore who knows what sexybitch strangulated by ava Y for 50 peds and carry on a happy scifi escapism :/

There is nothing wrong with the travel or auction fees, or having planet specific storage. All of these are there for specific reasons, among them to create opportunities for those who see them. ;)

Also, don't forget that new players who start on RT are not immediately affected by these things. They are therefore really only deterring existing players, a significant number of whom seem to want everything given to them free and on demand.

What will get me personally to visit RT is proper integration. By that I mean having the existence of RT justified in the eyes of a Calypsian so it makes sense.

We know that RT is a music themed planet, but why is it there, what's it's purpose, and why the bizarre creatures? For example, is it in fact a normal planet like Calypso, but it's become a popular vacation planet and as part of it's tourist industry it has a massive music adventure theme park?

If I could travel to RT, arrive in an area that wouldn't be out of place on Calypso, see some stunning sights and areas that were different but again not out of place, and then walk up to and enter a huge theme park, I'd have already been there, and might still be. :cool:

If EU is to make sense and not just be a pick and mix collection of unrelated games, the whole universe we play in needs to be tied in to the same story. Whether MA think the same remains to be seen.

I say lower the fee... 40 ped is way to much.

its funny how it is assumed the only reason for not going to Rocktropia is financial.

i dont go for the same reason i dont go to Camp Caravan or [insert any other of a dozen areas]: theres nothing of much interest for me there right now. i may visit it one day in the future, but as it stands, im uninterested by dragons and whathaveyou.

and if it is to attract people it needs to be marketed. search for "rocktropia" on google and you'll see the official website, some links to here and a few blogs mostly from May. click news and you will find nothing. no one outside our existing player base knows about it.

Apart from many failings (so far) about RT.. the biggest and most awful aspect is the auction transport fees.

10k muscle oil is like 72 ped fee to transport!!! it's extortion!!

In general though i like it on RT, but as i said..many failings(so far)

How can such a high fee be justified if it costs 40 ped to tp an avatar each way, carrying a full inventory??

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not the only reason (financial I mean) for me but its a big reason and I think it prevents people from going :wtg:

Last edited:
Free travel for a month wouldn't hurt anyone :)

It actually might incentivate players to explore the planet and hunt/mine there, generating more revenue to MA/ND

(when i say Free, it can be very cheap, max 20 PED)

Back