RockTropia?

What would make you more likely to go to RockTropia?

• Total voters
Then we could finally have separated auction and global chat and I won't have to see anymore who knows what sexybitch strangulated by ava Y for 50 peds and carry on a happy scifi escapism :/

Well they are talking about that:
FPC has ongoing discussions about this. On one hand, there are the Entropia Universe concept from MindArk (all planets are part of one virtual universe), on another there are the needs of each and every planet partner and the players. I believe we will see some sort of separation or filters in the future though.

We know that RT is a music themed planet, but why is it there, what's it's purpose, and why the bizarre creatures? For example, is it in fact a normal planet like Calypso, but it's become a popular vacation planet and as part of it's tourist industry it has a massive music adventure theme park?

I think NeverDie said something about it being a sort of "dreamscape"? :dunno:

its funny how it is assumed the only reason for not going to Rocktropia is financial.

No I did not! :eek:

Storage is not really a financial issue, and you have 'other' to vote for...
I simply wanted to know which of those particular reasons were deterring most people from going/staying there :dunno:

No I did not! :eek:

Storage is not really a financial issue, and you have 'other' to vote for...

:ahh: fair point. i must have overlooked storage as at least there is storage. in fact, i think its a positive, with single storage there would be zero sence of seperation between off world locations. there is a big focus on the cost though.

I personnaly adapted to the situation and not asking anything... Just, is there anyone to borrow me his/her resurection chip around?

smiles

I voted "Other" since there was no "All of the above" option.

The TP fee is the reason for why I've not been there yet. If MA want the fee to be proportional to the 25 ped to the closer CP & CND, they maybe want to lower those too.

Lets say they cut it in half.
12 ped to the close objects and 25 to RT.
Lower the fuelconsumpion for spaceships by half too.

It should be in everyones intrest. Especially for ND & Buzz.
I'm sure that MA would profit on that in long term. At least I should do many more trips than I do...

:ahh: fair point. i must have overlooked storage as at least there is storage. in fact, i think its a positive, with single storage there would be zero sence of seperation between off world locations. there is a big focus on the cost though.

How about having a universal storage, but have one tab with 500 item slots for each planet? (you would only be able to withdraw items from other planets and put in the planet you are on)

I voted "Other" since there was no "All of the above" option.

because I, as I said, wanted to know which was the MOST important, not which of them were important... therefore forcing a choise

Voted for shared universal storage but lower fees would work for me as well... just because I forgot my Shaemir MkI in storage on rocktropia and I dont want to pay a shit load to fetch it;)

Get reasonable travel fees !

One trip back and forth and I can almost play 2 weeks of WoW for an unlimited amount of time with much more content than RT ; so why bother and go over there is my point.

because I, as I said, wanted to know which was the MOST important, not which of them were important... therefore forcing a choise

Then you should have said that in your original post and maybe left off "other". :dunno:

The transportation fee is definitely a disincentive for me to visit RT.

I'm low on peds and would need to sell some stuff to visit (no depositing until all the missing vu9 parts are back) so I sell enough of my stacks in storage pay the tp fee and have some working capital for ammo and repairs.

I hunt for a while but then find that I can't get back because I've spent too much and can't afford the fee. I'd have to sell some of my armor or weapons :( not going to happen and all my resources are in storage on Calypso, which I can't access :(, the tp fee is a big disincentive to visit. This also applies to CND and CP but I've been to them once and don't plan on going again so for them it's not an issue.

Even when I was depositing it was only 500ped per month and 80ped straight out is a reasonable chunk of it. 80ped can be cycled a few times in hunting but having to write it off in one hit to pay the tp fees is not something I want to do.

What happened the $10 player, they'd have 20ped for the entire month if they tp'd over and came back.

Last edited:
Lower travel fee, as in NONE. That goes for everywhere else, too.

Give the hangar owners land areas, uber armor(s), or something and do away with that system.

All of the above.

I find it strange really. On one hand MA strifes for integration, and for EU to be single universe, and on the other we have all these restrictions to prevent easier planet to planet interaction. Even CP and CND, even though technically not planets, are still suffering from same treatment.

If the travel fee was lower then i would maybe be tempted to go and see RT, but as ND said himself Rocktropia isn't aimed at the demographic of the calypso playerbase. At least that is what he said on here early on the RT release, i will try to dig out the thread- was a while ago. This post by ND isn't the one i was searching for but more or less says the same, that they aim to concentrate on new players rather than try and attract current ones from FPC.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2468199-post23.html

"
If you think about it, there is a conspicious lack of Promotion of ROCktropia on EF, that is because we are not focused on Distracting the Existing Community from Calypso, of course we Love to See you there, but we are focused on our newborns and Content Development and marketing partners..."

So i think that RT has to promote itself more and draw in those 50k players or however many it was. Without the PR to bring in new people the planet will not have an economy. Lower fees would i think cause more people to go and explore, but short term stay players is not what RT needs atm.

Last edited:
Then you should have said that in your original post and maybe left off "other". :dunno:

I thought it was clear enough by not giving anyone the ability to vote on more than one option... ah well, something to think about for next time I guess...

I could have just as easily answered shared storage space since that would help amortize the cost of the trip over a longer period of time, but then you have the auction transportation costs to deal with so I voted lower cost of travel since being able to make more trips for the same cost of ped could help alleviate the storage/auction issues.

If travel fee was same as CND/CP I'd have visited multiple times by now.
But I refuse to pay $8 USD to move some digits from one database to another.
Imagine if you had to renew a subscription everytime you wanted to do an instance...
:laugh:

Imagine if you had to renew a subscription everytime you wanted to do an instance...

That is not really a valid comparison.

Better then to compare it to when moving a character between different realms in WoW. I just checked that up and it costs 25USD/character to move it between realms/accounts.*

*This is according to Blizzard Support page so should be correct.

That is not really a valid comparison.

Better then to compare it to when moving a character between different realms in WoW. I just checked that up and it costs 25USD/character to move it between realms/accounts.*

*This is according to Blizzard Support page so should be correct.

Heh I wasn't talking about WoW or any game in particular, just making a point (for the record, I never have nor would I ever pay to change realms, either).

Voted for other!

If RT provides things that I miss at Calypso I would visit it, but actually I haven´t read about it, so it seems that doesn´t exist!

1. Intresting storyline
2. Nice events that are worth traveling there and compete vs others
3. Missions that fit into the storyline

Well I don´t know if ND is allowed to create missions and stuff, but storyline is something he could have done anyways, but there is no story behind RT, so its a boring place to live.

All the hunting/mining/crafting can be done at Calypso, too.
The new mobs, well time will come and I will visit RT and check out some of the mobs there, but still on the mission to global all Calypso Mobs (not finished yet), and it becomes more and more difficult to finish it with new mobs every here and then while I didn´t manage to get that damn Snable global, and lots of others are missing, too.

Off limit's

For ROCK STARS only-VampireFreaks Cathedral Back Garden - is OFF LIMITS.
Soon - So will "Lemmys Beer Gardens!".

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

PROUD MEMBER ROCK STARS
Force Majeure

The difference is that you can have more than one avatar there...if you want to try out a different realm you just make a new character there... no additional cost. Here you can't just make a new character to try out RT and see if you like it.

Well, I voted 'other' on this one, for one very simple reason.

I don't want a lower travel fee - I want NO travel fee at all. For the first few months, that is, then stick it up to whatever you like.

I'm not going to pay 80PED round trip to go somewhere I know is not properly finished, and that I will want to leave soon after. I'm sure Rocktropia is fun, but seriously, I feel slightly insulted by this.

The fee is rather unnecessary, especially at the moment. If you make it clear that it's only going to be free for a while, you'll see huge flocks of people going up there, and dare I say, maybe some renewed interest.

Sure, I can afford to spend 80PED, but I really don't feel the need to thanks. Release the fee, you'll see me (in Rocktropia, that is).

PLEASE, if you are just gonna say "I will never go there anyway" or something like that, just dont. I know some people will, and that some will not.

I want this to be a creative discussion about how we could best get an improvement in travelling between planets...

You should have put a none of the above option then :p

As it stands the planet doesn't appeal to me. The creatures are unoriginal and more of the same as what we already have wrapped in a different skin. Dragons... in an mmo... no way bro... get outa here

Possibly once ND brings in some of the original stuff he was talking about i will check it out again, until then i'll wait it out on calypso.

I just wish some people will loot the new bps so my 1200 ped in new ore and matters don't have to stay in storage.
But hey..... I love the MU on the new gun :yay:

Picked lower travel fees, but would of chosen shared storage as well if I could of :scratch2:

That would make a big difference, and not just for RT, all "travelling" destinations :D

Reactions: EMW
Don't really care about the tp fees, they are quite reasonable, and I don't care about seperate storage.

But yeah ditch the auction fee.

Lower travel fee first to help facilitate growth and make up for what it currently lacks. With that a market might more easliy form there which would make things even better. Then full implementation of crafting with incorporation of RT items. One other big thing is for RT to attract a bigger playerbase on it`s own apart from the traitional EU/Calypso crowd. Same as with EU always more players would make everything better.

We`ve always needed more players. The CND influx was a good thing back when but now days there are even more mobs, more terrain etc to spread everything out over. To the point where if not half of everyone and their brother is say hunting a certain mob than you stand a sad chance of globaling on it and are disinclined to do so. Either more players to fill it up for MA needs to change back more to how they used to distribute loot.

Take a look at how many hofs you see in a given day on the list from RT compared to Calypso. When there is a balance then we know things have matured.

Oh and better mining on RT! ;)

Not been there. The fee is too high if you ask me.

Other:

Proper effin space travel to get there dammit!!! :D

Wistrel

the travel fee should be removed as they said in several press releases it would be free to choose which planet to login (every time you login)

when i make a fresh ava i cant even go and start on RT
and the RT homepage clearly states its free to get there. well its not

and then theres the names looks and everything about the place that doesnt fit in a futuristic sci fi game.

its just not good enough none of it

Back