Spanish Speaking Entropians

Frank|SDS

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Hi,
**THANKS EVERYONE WE'VE GOT A SPANISH TEAM NOW**

Does anybody know if there is a spanish speaking entropia forum in existence?

If not, could any spanish speaking entropians pm me here, if they would be interested in helping us test the beta version of the spanish entropia client.

More details then.

Thanks all and good morning:)

**THANKS EVERYONE WE'VE GOT A SPANISH TEAM NOW**

Last edited:
did you just say the words test and beta? :)

+rep for asking the community ;) it's a little things that can all the difference.

+rep to Frank|Mindark

I'm looking to buy a spanish language skill implant, is anyone selling? :).

Last edited:
Outstanding .... I hope to see more actions in this direction from MA. ;)

Hi,

If not, could any spanish speaking entropians pm me here, if they would be interested in helping us test the beta version of the spanish entropia client.

More details then.

hi frank,
i'm from madrid, spain. i'll be glad to help with any beta testing of the spanish EU client. great to know you're working on that.
PM sent...

/jdegre.

PS: i guess my loot from now on will sky rocket, right??? :D

Hi,

More details then.

but isnt hole EU a "test" and "beta" :)

I was in Spain last summer for a holiday, does that count?! :laugh: I can speak at least five words, like "Hola!", and "dos cervezas por favor!" .

But those wont really help me in entropia, damn!

Hi,

More details then.

+rep Frank!
Will the ever be a Dutch Client? :D:D

Would love to get my Beta-testing hands on that :D

DrPaddo said:
Will the ever be a Dutch Client? :D:D

we need a "braille" version too ;)

Hm, what.. Is there really that much work to translate EU to Spanish? All ya have to do is make the auctioneer say "Hola amigo" and rename the trade terminal to "Comercio terminal". How much can there be to translate? :confused: I'd understand if it was a game with thousands of quests and NPC's that say things other then "hello".

Hm, what.. Is there really that much work to translate EU to Spanish? All ya have to do is make the auctioneer say "Hola amigo" and rename the trade terminal to "Comercio terminal". How much can there be to translate? :confused: I'd understand if it was a game with thousands of quests and NPC's that say things other then "hello".

Heheheh, :) true, except theres quite alot of text in item descriptions... But thats about it...cant figure out what else would need translating :dunno:

Is plan same as with the french EU version you was suposed make with Alchemic dream ?

When i started , there was option to instal EU in french , also alchemic did translate EU in french , but you never made it avaible , even if eu was instal in french ...

well, that's exactly the problem...
"comercio terminal" does not mean anything in spanish; if anything, it would be a good term for "a shop that is about to die" or something like that. otoh, "terminal de comercio" would be much more appropriate, although it might not be the best translation either.
it is for these subtleties where native speakers come handy.

also, there are over 6,000 items and i don't know how they plan to translate them; most probably the name cannot be translated to keep compatibility with other languages (in auction and such...), but surely the description will be translated.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have heard of an Argentinean based Spanish speaking forum on Entropia Universe mentioned a few times. I don't have the link though without searching around for it.

Hm, what.. Is there really that much work to translate EU to Spanish?
How much can there be to translate? :confused:

You'd probably be surprised by how much of the English in EU is still inaccurate/confused/obscure at the moment. As a native English speaker, there are still a few things in there that always raise a smile. Not to mention the many, many typos that still exist in EU.

I agree, and this is probably the same reason why a lot of the English currently used in Entropia still makes me smile.

I know someone, that knows someone, who heard of someone that knows someone who knows about spanish.

You'd probably be surprised by how much of the English in EU is still inaccurate/confused/obscure at the moment. As a native English speaker, there are still a few things in there that always raise a smile. Not to mention the many, many typos that still exist in EU.

I take the typos as future adaptions of the language, since it all takes place in the future...

+rep for askin community for help :jawdrop:

I know someone, that knows someone, who heard of someone that knows someone who knows about spanish.

I think I know someone, who knew that someone too. At the very least, he knew someone who had someone as a friend on Facebook that he met in a chat room who once knew a person that knew about a place called Spain.

;)

I'm not spanish but I've been living in Spain for a long time, so let me know if I can help :)
pm sent =)

Last edited:
Donde esta tu hallpass senior Beavis?? :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXSF3ZhZNLc[/youtube]

"comercio terminal" does not mean anything in spanish; if anything, it would be a good term for "a shop that is about to die" or something like that. otoh, "terminal de comercio" would be much more appropriate, although it might not be the best translation either.

also, there are over 6,000 items and i don't know how they plan to translate them; most probably the name cannot be translated to keep compatibility with other languages (in auction and such...), but surely the description will be translated.

Well all I know is that "El queso es viejo y mohoso"(guess the movie) but I'm sure you get my point even though my spanish gramar isn't brilliant.

Hi,

I'm half Spanish and lived there (Valladolid) till I was 18, so I would be more than happy to help with the beta version....

pm also sent.....

I also know one or two other spanish-speaking people in game, I'll ask them next time I see them online....

Miguel

Mi cojones soy muy grandes y peludos!

Oh, and camarero, dos grandes cerveza por favor y pronto.

Hi,

More details then.

+rep!

shall we expect for a portuguese version?

Nice... Loads of spanish speaking ppl in the world.
Only problem is, I don't understand much of what they say.

Can't you guys at MA just teach them english? :scratch2:

PS: i guess my loot from now on will sky rocket, right??? :D
Nah, now you can never get an ATH... That would look suspicious. :laugh:

Well all I know is that "El queso es viejo y mohoso"(guess the movie) but I'm sure you get my point even though my spanish gramar isn't brilliant.

"Encino/California Man" right? Funny as hell as I remember it, but I'm not to sure I'd like it as much today...

on topic: Nice with more language adaptations!

Back