Time Travel Crystal

What? :scratch2: Don't you think it would be more credible to have a finished and functioning planet, as opposed to someone like Kitten spending as much as she has surrounding the time travel to Ancient Greece, and then being incredibly frustrated and sad to the point of going to bed in tears and saying that she's thinking of quitting playing until there's another VU? It's at the point that suggestions are being made that she contact support to have her avatar physically moved.

It's exciting that there's time travel, and that someone has actually gotten through, we've all been waiting for this, but at what cost, and why, since nothing seems to be functioning properly, and a lot of content is missing. Next Island hasn't even had an official launch yet, and I think NDS is neck deep getting ready for the April 12th ROCKtropia 2.0 release, as well as the trip to SXSW where a big announcement is going to be made. Where does that leave Next Island?

Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense to me, and I don't get why something is released or made available when it obviously isn't ready for consumption.

First off.... Next Island is not live yet NOR has the Planet Partner ever claimed it to be finished. It is still in Beta Testing form to weed out bugs, etc.

Secondly.... At no time did NI staff say "Hey everyone.... run to Greece it's AMAZING!"

Thirdly.... If someone wants to spend several thousand PED to go to an area in-game that no-one has been to, that the planet owner hasn't advertised as being complete AT ALL, and that is NEW given the track records of ANYTHING that's ever been new in-game since day one.... well... that's up to them. In all her excitement and drive to be the "FIRST" to do something in-game she spent a bit too much. She should have known better.... Kitten is not a 3 day old noob by any means. Does anyone in their right mind BELIEVE Next Island wants the time travel to cost 3k+ PED? C'mon now.... a smart player would wait until the price to travel was equal to traveling to CP/CND, and would wait until there was alot more information regarding what gear to bring, etc. Kitten made a decision. Maybe she regrets it now but hey.... check out all the discovery swirlies she got...... :confused:

FOURTHLY.... now that you've told the whole world that she was "going to bed in tears", all I can say is...
Kitten... in this Universe you live by the sword.... you die by the sword... look on the bright side, at least you GOT something for your several K PED spent.... look at all the ES500 owners who lost several K PED and got NOTHING in return. Quit crying and start mapping out the revive lines!

Menace

MS9, almost every MMO out there has an open beta. The majority of new players there understand it's in beta and are fine with that. It seems to be mostly people who don't go there who have a problem with it being in beta.

Open betas in a free or subscription game are a very different proposition to one within an RCE game. Kitten presumably spent a lot of PEDs to get the time travel crystals together, only to discover that she had spent that money to access something that appears to be semi-operational at best.

revival lines? sure done/ theres only 1 revival in a secret cave that if you dont have a second tp here to get out ofyour going to be charged 3 time crystals to get out of.

I am going to stay here and hope for a VU to fix some stuff. its more frustrating to not be able to loot NON calypso usable items instead loot items i cant even equip!

<removed...>

Last edited:
.... If someone wants to spend several thousand PED to go to an area in-game that no-one has been to, that the planet owner hasn't advertised as being complete AT ALL, and that is NEW given the track records of ANYTHING that's ever been new in-game since day one.... well... that's up to them.

As soon as it's possible to "buy" access to a new area/item/... it's the sellers (ND/FPC & MA ...) responsible for it being functional. Or did you ever buy a new car and rushed back to the selling company thinking "shit, it's the first batch, maybe it's non-functional, and i just squandered all my money, quick, undo"? Same principle applies imo.

First off.... Next Island is not live yet NOR has the Planet Partner ever claimed it to be finished. It is still in Beta Testing form to weed out bugs, etc.

Secondly.... At no time did NI staff say "Hey everyone.... run to Greece it's AMAZING!"

Yes, in a way they did, they released the bp for the time crystals.

Thirdly.... If someone wants to spend several thousand PED to go to an area in-game that no-one has been to, that the planet owner hasn't advertised as being complete AT ALL, and that is NEW given the track records of ANYTHING that's ever been new in-game since day one.... well... that's up to them. In all her excitement and drive to be the "FIRST" to do something in-game she spent a bit too much. She should have known better.... Kitten is not a 3 day old noob by any means. Does anyone in their right mind BELIEVE Next Island wants the time travel to cost 3k+ PED? C'mon now.... a smart player would wait until the price to travel was equal to traveling to CP/CND, and would wait until there was alot more information regarding what gear to bring, etc. Kitten made a decision. Maybe she regrets it now but hey.... check out all the discovery swirlies she got...... :confused:

I wouldn't have spent that kinda of money to go there. They should have removed the blueprints until they were working correctly. Yes, Kitten made the decision to spend the money to make the crystals. But NI/NDS should have had a product that was working!

FOURTHLY.... now that you've told the whole world that she was "going to bed in tears", all I can say is...
Kitten... in this Universe you live by the sword.... you die by the sword... look on the bright side, at least you GOT something for your several K PED spent.... look at all the ES500 owners who lost several K PED and got NOTHING in return. Quit crying and start mapping out the revive lines!

Menace

What does the scanner have to do with the topic at hand? :scratch2:

this is absolute crap. if a system is available to the public its live. we can accept the non-finished or perpetual development state in which all MMO are - its part of the nature of them. but a pay for service (and you do pay after all) cannot hide behind being in a "beta" stage. its fraudulant.

if major parts of not yet ready for public interaction, those servers should be shut off from public access.

Menace
Totally agree, why should kitten have expected a functional live environment. It is totally her fault and she should pay next island extra for bringing such bad press to the island. They should fine her an extra 1000 ped for being the first colonist to explore ancient greece and make her unable to leave for the next month.

Totally agree, why should kitten have expected a functional live environment. It is totally her fault and she should pay next island extra for bringing such bad press to the island. They should fine her an extra 1000 ped for being the first colonist to explore ancient greece and make her unable to leave for the next month.

And I was asked if I am cynical in nature...
THIS is properly cynical. :)

Better a little which is well done, than a great deal imperfectly.
Plato

Menace

First, Next Island is absolutely live ... ND created lots of publicity about it, David Post Tweets about it, and Meg blogs about it, and ... they've demo'd it publicly to the media and others more than once. The message they consistently give is ... come sign up, download the game, and enjoy Next Island, but neglect to say, don't pay attention that it's not a complete environment yet.

Second ... there's lots of chatter at the NI forum about time travel, and not once was the community told not to attempt getting to Ancient Greece. Instead, they just let people try, and try, and try, only to fail over and over again. Yes, it cost Kitten a great deal of PED, but are we now to learn from her experiences that time travel is only going to be for those who spend craploads of money? Also, if Ancient Greece wasn't complete, then why make it possible to travel there?

Third ... are you saying that it's Kitten's fault that she makes use of in-game items and features that are put there by the developer with no warning whatsoever not to use them because they are faulty, and they really don't want us to spend thousands of PEDs trying to figure it out? Are you kidding me?

Fourth, and for the record ... I didn't tell the whole world that Kitten went to bed in tears, she did that herself at the EP forum in the front page article Peter did about her time travel adventure.

Fifth, I also have to question what the ES500's have to do with anything. That's a whole different discussion, and doesn't even relate to what's happened here.

Sixth, I absolutely think that Kitten should go back to the main part of the planet, and should be reimbursed as a result of being put in a situation where nothing is working, other than an option to spend money killing mobs, not to mention non-functioning weapons after 5 swipes (as she says). Had to make sure the spending money part was functioning, right?

As a matter of fact, I think that everyone who continually made attempts with this blueprint (which is seemingly bugged by all indications in posts) should be reimbursed based on your comment ... "Does anyone in their right mind BELIEVE Next Island wants the time travel to cost 3k+ PED? C'mon now.... a smart player would wait until the price to travel was equal to traveling to CP/CND, and would wait until there was alot more information regarding what gear to bring, etc." ... if that's the case, why put something out there that isn't functioning properly, and something they don't want us to spend a lot of PED on? Sorry, but your argument doesn't make sense.

I think anyone would be incredibly frustrated if found in the same circumstances ... no use of fap, armor, weapons (other than the "ice daggers" is it from the mainland?), no TT, no auction, no nothing, and you can't drop anything on the ground either, not even what you've looted there ... can't dump anything ... not to mention everything you brought with is grayed out and not usable, including your clothes, so you have to run around in your underwear. So, that leaves only one thing you can do after you collect, what, 6 or 8 TP's ... and guess what, it costs money, with no way to off-load the loot.

What's curious to me as well, is that neither NDS or David Post have come forth to give any type of statement about this situation ... if they did, I wonder what they would say. :scratch2:

WHY, OH WHY OH WHY do they keep releasing stuff that's not completed, not just NDS, but SDS, MA, and everyone involved in making this virtual platform? Fix the old stuff and finish the new stuff BEFORE releasing it so participants don't keep spending money on junk that should have been worked out in beta testing before release!!!!

This is a Real CASH Economy. Stop making it a real CRASH economy.

It's a greek tragedy of epic proportions.

Just business as usual for MA though.

Good people of Entropia, DO NOT GO to Next Island!!!

If you haven't heard, it's NOT LIVE yet!!!

It's STILL IN BETA, so we should all wait until it's finished and ready for paying customers!!!

Greece = FAIL
ruins.jpg

revival lines? sure done/ theres only 1 revival in a secret cave that if you dont have a second tp here to get out of your going to be charged 3 time crystals to get out of.

I am going to stay here and hope for a VU to fix some stuff. its more frustrating to not be able to loot NON calypso usable items instead loot items i cant even equip!

I look forward to more of your pics and insight into this place!! If I had the extra peds I would give you some just for your bravery in going to where it was uncertain of its outcome!! :yay:

And I was asked if I am cynical in nature...
THIS is properly cynical. :)

LOL you have some tough competition!! :laugh:

You know that Kitten understood the risk right? She has said so herself. Please stop bottom feeding for your own personal agenda, thank you.
You don't like NI, fine, don't visit.
Constant attempts to undermine change in Eu are getting really childish and giving the entire platform a bad name. You want EU to get better then stop undermininig every attemp at advancement. Thank you.

Sidenote, I do hope Kitten is rewarded for her efforts to provide information on AG for the rest of us.

Constant attempts to undermine change in Eu are getting really childish and giving the entire platform a bad name. You want EU to get better then stop undermininig every attemp at advancement.

the only thing undermining the platform and obstructing advancment is the unprofessional development and premature deployment of the new planets. for the record i have no agenda, i supported ND in his endeavour, but it seems he's not capable of delivering new planets that function.

Back