Vehicles Giveaway

Here's a scenario I would have prefered with limited vehicle stock:

The next update welcomes the introduction of vehicles to Calypso. To celebrate the launch we are giving out 200 (even if it's just that) vehicles randomly. For your chance at winning a car simply go to (location) and complete the Mission (one that anyone can do easily), on completion, you will automatically go into the draw.
Thank you for completing the mission, you are now entered into the draw which will take place on XXXX. (maybe 3 days after update, giving ppl with issues after update to sort it out & no major stresses to our worldwide players re. differing timezones).

Winners will receive the vehicles in inventory automatically and will be announced on EF.

This way people have an even chance. People don't have to waste hours of time. False expectations of being able to get a vehicle doesn't occur. It's random and fun, rather than frustrating and confusing.

;)

Last edited:
lots of stuff

That's a great idea, Sigrid :) No more begging, and only active players would get vehicles.

From now on, THAT'S how it should be done.

Wish I could +rep you, but I can't. :( EFD will have to suffice!!! :laugh:

I dont understand! Only one avatar may have one vehicle! and i see one guy whit 5 cars!?!....

I dont understand! Only one avatar may have one vehicle! and i see one guy whit 5 cars!?!....

Cars can be crafted since the BPs for them dropped.

So they bought them from crafters.

Was a fun event for many, was a frustrating event for many, but in the end it was an event and like most events in life there are winners and losers.

I took the day off work (my choice not FPC's) and knew fully well that I may end the day with nothing more than a day spent off work in EU. (is that so terrible really).

Frutration, heck yes. I was online almost 17 hours the first events I ran into the area Simon was in and Emma was in each time. They were staggered just enough I could catch the tail end of Simon's when Emma left.

Twice in the morning I was standing right next to Emma and did not get selected. the last time with all the shoving and jumping in front of people I slowly got pushed back. I never was right next to Simon.

In the US evening I missed the first two stops of Emma but made the next ones. I was right next to her twice more, not another person in between where I was standing and Emma and before long there was shoving and pushing where slowly I ended up further and further away.

I never got selected, did I feel like emma was ignoring me? A bit but with everyone around I have to wonder if she even ever saw me to ignore me.

perhaps it was because I did not yell out profanities, I did not try to jump on peoples heads and push them out of the way that I was not noticed. That was the real downside, some of the profantity and childish behavior of some.

After the last attempt with all the profanities coming from all directions I gave up. I felt sorry for Emma, or whoever her controller is and the abuse that was getting slung that way.

Did I want a car, you bet. Not because of the 17 ped, or because of the quick turnover it might bring, but because it was part of EU history.

I didn't win my POE, I didn't win the first LG I particiapted in with the Dirty Dozen, I didn't win anything cool in SGA, I have only had a few uber loots and may never see a 5 digit loot, and I didn't get a car. Not getting everything I want from FPC or MA is not something to be so angry about.

I think it is ok to be frustrated, it is ok to express joy with the big loot or when you get the prize and express your dissapointment when you don't. The anger is what confuses me, why some people were so angry over it to the extent they were.

I wish it was done different, I wish I was given a car, I wish when I was crafting I would have gotten a cool new BP but I didn't this time. Next time maybe I will, that is why I took the day off work, to have fun and to take a chance of getting something cool.

If this game makes you so angry you have to treat someone like Emma who is earning a paycheck and not the FPC decision maker then take a step back. How would you like to be doing your job, doing the best you can do with what you ahve to work with and have your customers coming in and cussing you for things that are beyond your control. There is a person behind that avatar....

-snip--
If this game makes you so angry you have to treat someone like Emma who is earning a paycheck and not the FPC decision maker then take a step back. How would you like to be doing your job, doing the best you can do with what you ahve to work with and have your customers coming in and cussing you for things that are beyond your control. There is a person behind that avatar....

I fully understand your post and I fully agree that Emma and Simon need to take no blame whatsoever in this epic failure of an event in this but earned our respect by enduring the childish behaviour of many juvenile participants.

But one thing I dont understand..When Emma and Simon where facing the angry mob, how come they selected those avatars that shouted the loudest and jumped the highest? Thats what I was seeing form my position.
Was it that they didnt know what else to do anymore?
Just hand out the shit and hope its over quickly?

I really would like to hear their view on this one day, but Im afraid that will never happen

I missed the free giveaway, as my PC was broken since last week :(

Hope there'll be more giveaway in the future...

I really would like to hear their view on this one day, but Im afraid that will never happen

I haven't talked with them yet, but what I know, is that they use a normal internet-connection and use the same client as everybody else. That means that what probably happened is they dragged the healthbar of everybody that showed up to them, untill they reached the amount for that location, and then traded them in sequence.
So, it isn't those who shouted the loudest, but those who simply showed up on their screen. And with things being so busy, we all know how long it can take to render everybody in busy places.

Indeed! If the Emma avatar is actually operated by a sole human, that person deserves major recognition for staying cool & calm and putting long hours for what seemed a mostly unappreciative mob.

Thanks, Emma!

What he said :lolup:

Indeed! If the Emma avatar is actually operated by a sole human, that person deserves major recognition for staying cool & calm and putting long hours for what seemed a mostly unappreciative mob.

Thanks, Emma!

I totally endorse this post.

I hope Simon and Emma get a cookie today, the patience and restraint they showed amidst all the cries from the people was a credit to MA/FPC imo.

But one thing I dont understand..When Emma and Simon where facing the angry mob, how come they selected those avatars that shouted the loudest and jumped the highest? Thats what I was seeing form my position.

My guess at the time was, they had their normal chat turned off during part of the giveaway - i hope they did anyway and that

like the rest of us players they click on the person they want and if someone jumps up in front of them or somehow their clickbox gets in front of them then they are selected. that is what I observed appeared to be happening.

there are a few posts about it here happening to other people, they click on someone to trade and end up with some other avatar that was close. Try to heal at swamp camp and select an avatar to heal in a group. You often get one of the other avatars that are close to them somehow.

I like to think the same thing happens to them. Emma maybe tried to click on me several times and the person next to me, or behind me or the one that jumped up at that time got the click instead.

My guess at the time was, they had their normal chat turned off during part of the giveaway - i hope they did anyway and that

like the rest of us players they click on the person they want and if someone jumps up in front of them or somehow their clickbox gets in front of them then they are selected. that is what I observed appeared to be happening.

there are a few posts about it here happening to other people, they click on someone to trade and end up with some other avatar that was close. Try to heal at swamp camp and select an avatar to heal in a group. You often get one of the other avatars that are close to them somehow.

I like to think the same thing happens to them. Emma maybe tried to click on me several times and the person next to me, or behind me or the one that jumped up at that time got the click instead.

Alltogether it was a mess.
Im not as angry anymore as I was yesterday, and I never blamed Emma or Simon, but I still blame the person that made the decision to distribute the cars like this.

screw giveaway and drop a bp.

I.

FPC FAIL FAIL FAIL you suposed to help the comunity but your making it worse MA should sack all of you then MA need to sack them selfs
the hand out and then the so called competion ...was an EPIC FAIL and your going to have another one and i bet that the ones that already got a car well get a second one and stick them on auction like they did with there 1st ones.. so there tt is what 17 peds and people are selling them at 300 + talk about getting royaly ** screwed .....

I am almost 40 years old. Not 12.

I would suspect that the section of the playerbase that pay your wages are also of working age.

Please may FPC grow up and learn to deal with their customers in a fair and considered way.

If you would like any assistance or help with how things work, and the probable and indeed blatantly obvious effects of a proposed action, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

I fully agree with my soc mate here...

personally...I would have gone with a different approach introducing vehicles, I would have made a "deposit-package" i.e. deposit say X amount of US Dollars and get a (L) vehicle as a bonus feature for starters...but It's getting more or less obvious that MA nor FPC isn't really interested in making real money on this game...by the looks of it they're more into making money in real estates...well gl with that! :rolleyes:

Are you some how linked to FPC? Otherwise, your thinkng is fundamentally flawed! That's all i want to say ......

Now cheers waiting for the car :yay:

I fail to see any flaw in my thinking, it's purely a thought not a statement of fact. And yes.. i'm linked to FPC.. i'm a particpant in Entropia Universe..as are you :)

MA/FPC is doing a great job at this.

I am so sorry that I got mad at them and whining about they didnt organise the event in a propre manner.

This is a such great game.

Today I met a returning player from 2005, who didnt know anything about the introduction of foot guard, what is SIB , tiering and missions...

but he knows there will be plentiful cars for everyone. He was so happy and excited about the new Entropia Universe.

I am so ashamed of myself , in fact we should all be ashame. We dont deserve to play in this great game with so much easy money.

All those money thing didnt bring us any thing but to corrup and twist us.

We should all be punished by having no money ingame at all and gather only sweat wearing in undies , wel maybe wearing some cheap armour parts..

but that is it! NO more luxury and big toys. It will be good for our souls.

I am so ashamed of myself , in fact we should all be ashame. We dont deserve to play in this great game with so much easy money.

OK. When you begin the great item purge of shame, can I have your stuff?

We should all be punished by having no money ingame at all and gather only sweat wearing in undies , wel maybe wearing some cheap armour parts..

Then there'd be no one to buy the sweat, silly

Please not in hunting loot :( we'll just get people complaining that the ubers get all the items just like the last time it was used to distribute special items.

Please not in hunting loot :( we'll just get people complaining that the ubers get all the items just like the last time it was used to distribute special items.
But then isn't that the headline EVERY time something happens, just like RL newspapers "Sun all Summer" buy me buy me every spring?

drive out in the wild and meet people on the way far away from TPs, there are people out there too believe me.
If you plan on giving out some boats drive around in the river/lakes or ocean and give it to people you might find fishing or something... (tell me when and I'll go catch some cod ;) )

Still I prefer simply registering for the chance to win boat/flying object/etc then it being randomly drawn. No lag issues and chaos.

What would be really professional is if once you registered to go into the draw, you then got a confirmation email saying, your entry into the draw is confirmed. Like when you deposit or place a support case.

Simple. Easy. :)

Still I prefer simply registering for the chance to win boat/flying object/etc then it being randomly drawn. No lag issues and chaos.

What would be really professional is if once you registered to go into the draw, you then got a confirmation email saying, your entry into the draw is confirmed. Like when you deposit or place a support case.

Simple. Easy. :)

Sadly, such words don't exist in MA's/FPC's vocabulary :(

Great idea though (referring to your initial idea post as well)

Alltogether it was a mess.
........ but I still blame the person that made the decision to distribute the cars like this.
e
I agree with you here.

BTW, i got my car...... One of my friend (Seti) im'd me as soon as Emma was at pandora....there were few ppl arround her, and i was just standing besides her, ..... and she traded me :D

But the whole thing was a mess indeed.........

But is this mess a positive or negative thing for MA? ...i'm not sure......It definitely increased the awareness of a new activity, .. ingame......and a huge demand for it (by making it hard to obtain).....Defintely a boon for advanced crafter!

Now how much it's gonna spill over to the real world, ...and lead to more recruitment into EU? ........only time will telll.....

..until then let me have my fun of driving my car through big spiders, and atrox while doing tp runs with a noob sitting on the back!

Enjoy..:yay:

Back