WoF Romania

Hey, keep your hands off our purple support! She's ours and you cant have her!! :ninja:

We love our MS9! :cheer:

(although I am happy to rent her out for weddings and bar mitzvah's after the match on Saturday ;))

So THERE ... :lolup: what the PINKY lady said (that I'm laughing my ass off over right now) :laugh: ... although, I don't do real well at weddings, because ... oops, that's another story not for here! :D Wait ... what percentage of that ped goes to me btw? ... I might reconsider! :wise:

On a different note, we'll discusss "friendship hunts" after the WoF Finals ... we don't like taking away anything from our focus! :silly2:

*Our opponents are SO in trouble, they have no idea ... right MsPinky?*

Just thought I'd bump this up a lil before the final.
Found this nice vid, from 1998.. I like the football anthem from that period.:silly2:

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=hKiSgTjT8BA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

hard..but not imposible!i remember last year WOF....many people remember....if the server not go down...was a very big chance to win the WOF...

So...pe ei si pe mama lor!!!:)

Hi,

Good luck to days, TEAM ROMANIA.

May the best WoF team win.

//jojje - TEAM SWEDEN

Good luck Romania from England! :)

Very well done for getting to the Final Team Romania - Good luck today and have a good hunt :)

We meet at Orthos in case there is anyone left who doesnt know, at 16:00 RO time but some of us are already there.

Thanks for a hard fought final guys!

All three teams really went for it and it could have gone to any of the finalists.

But with two finals now I'm sure it will be your turn soon to get your name on the WoF Trophy! :)

Well played for a second year Romania. Was crazy down at Troy this afternoon could definitely have gone to anyone.

And it was a huge achievement to even get to the final. You had the hardest route by far, first having to claw past last year's winners and some of the most uber players in the game, then having to take on Tibet in the semis who were almost certainly the favourites for the tournament at that point.

I guess in some ways having to play Tibet at that point wasn't ideal for you as you had to go all out and I think both Sweden and us learnt some ideas from you that day.

it was quite a spectacle seeing the Romanians swarming across the mobs like ants on a rl spider.

it was quite a spectacle seeing the Romanians swarming across the mobs like ants on a rl spider.

Yeah, we are ROants !

Congratulation to all ppl that helped us, Romanian ppl and friends of Romanian ppl :)

gg Romania!

now I think its about time we both got the gold also for once :) lets see what happens in 2009s WOF!

looking forward to see you guys next year!

//Count Joe - Team Sweden

Too bad.. we started pretty good, not sure what happened after.. anyway gg guys, we did very well this year and we were once again in the final, thats a big thing.
Special thanks to our external support!

Good call........be like England, we have a team and support that is just British.... if we were lucky enough to Win, we will be proud to have won it the sporting way...... not like other teams that have freelancers and societies helping them.

Some teams are showing the event total lack of respect, it might as well be called a society or just a team event next year!

Good luck getting all your home grown support.

Gratz ROMANIA !!! you are the best.

Yup despite an only 1 glob during the entire time and some k of ammo , it wasn't enough to win :(
But it was very fun , except all those lag on kerberos sever at this end , but EU is dynamic isn't it :silly2:

Romania Team bug in both final's of WoF ?

I'm wondering why i dont see anyone report Romanian maint team problem in this year final....(not to mention last year final wich was almost the same)....
We did lose at least 30 min of scoring becouse team crashes :( and i dont find an reasonable explanation for having this problem so offten.....anyway...maybe it is only me...and evrething is normal...

Silly Question??

Just started getting into EU and trying to learn as much as possible. Wondering what WoF and FoF are exactly...

Can anyone explain to a poor inept noob like me? :ahh:

Thanx!

Just started getting into EU and trying to learn as much as possible. Wondering what WoF and FoF are exactly...

Thanx!

well.. I think FoF is for soc mates,,, friends and such and WoF started as "hunt for your country" tho its turning in a kind of FoF as well since the support is unlimited. At FoF I think you can have any team name you want.. while at WoF it must countain the name of your country or well.. of a made up country.

I might be wrong bout the FoF tho.. never participated.

Thanks!...though I think I'll wait a while until my rep is a little higher than 'inept' :laugh:

Thanx!

This will tell you about the World of Firepower 2008

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wof-2008/87046-wof-08-info-rules.html

Spike did a great job pulling all the threads about the FoF together...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/88262-history-festival-firepower.html

If you have more questions, please ask in the WOF or FOF threads. People will answer them ;)

Add me up!

Arylia Ary Gawd
Romania
Not sure yet about captain
I was in the support team only for the final in WOF 2008

This time, having also the skills for it and even more to come till the actual start of the event, I would like to involve myself more for WOF 2009

Thanx!

The WoF is a bit like the equivalent of the World Cup for football/soccer.

The competition is incredibly well organised thanks mainly to Hurrikane, it's his baby, he started it and it gets better every year.

The teams competing are mainly countries/nations but also EU continental teams have entered.

The fun starts right from day 1 of signing up when everybody starts dreaming of success and a real buzz develops within team squads.

From all who sign up for a particular nation the captain selects what he or she believes to be the strongest 12 players, selected on a combination of skills, equipment, experience etc. From these 12 only 4, 5 or 6 play in individual games as selected by the team captain.

The remainder of the squad act as a support squad and carry out supporting functions to the main team but also can score points on support mob globals.

Before the competition gets underway teams are randomly drawn into groups, where they play against each other in qualifying and group mini-leagues initially.

Later there are knockout stages.

Hurrikane adds to the excitement by making a cool video of the draw to show that it's been done fairly.

Points are scored for globals on mobs picked by Hurrikane and these vary at each round of the competition and there are various bonus points available.

The team that gets the highest points each match goes through to the next round.

The fun is mainly in the participation as the WoF brings a great feeling of excitement, anticipation and cameraderie.

But if you get to the semis or finals you've definitely done well and can feel proud of your achievement.

And if you actually win the WoF, well, that feels unbelievably great! :yay:

Oh, don't know anything about the FoF but I'm sure someone else will put you right on that. :)

Awesome explanation, Kev. Thank-you...

Oh, don't know anything about the FoF but I'm sure someone else will put you right on that. :)

The Festival of Firepower is what started the whole thing. It bagan as a celebration of the Firepower that can be wielded by a team of hunters with big weapons. In the beginning it was Bravos, and a team went out in search of Spiders, and had a massive chuckle...

This in turn evolved into the Festival of Firepower event. Run every 7 - 8 weeks or so (not during WoF event tho...) the event is free to enter, and open to all. Teams of hunters try to global on a set mob-list, different each time. The teams can be groups of friends, or frequently the team members are all from the same Society...

The FoF events have, in recent months, become more themed. FoF iX was on CND for example. FoF X was run by Sass and was centred around the insect species. FoF Xi focussed on mobs that do unusual damage, and FoF Xii, which will be held on November 1st, is all about reducing the threat posed by the Mutant Hordes...

Feel free to use the link in my sig at the bottom of this post to read more about the Festival of Firepower...

The Events forum also has a WoF sub-forum where you can read all about the international competition too..

On behalf of Hurrikane and the GloryHounds, I thank you for your interest

:thumbup:

Arylia Ary Gawd
Romania
Not sure yet about captain
I was in the support team only for the final in WOF 2008

This time, having also the skills for it and even more to come till the actual start of the event, I would like to involve myself more for WOF 2009

great! welcome Ary! :thumbup:

Blah blah blah....

As they are a team good enough to have reached both WoF finals, to have done so in an honorable manner, and I believe with only using true team members rather than a free for all and hired guns approach, perhaps you can also explain to them something else about WoF that they won't have experienced themselves.

So, what does it feel like to cheat and think you managed to pull it off without consequence, just because a corrupt official was involved?

As they are a team good enough to have reached both WoF finals, to have done so in an honorable manner, and I believe with only using true team members rather than a free for all and hired guns approach, perhaps you can also explain to them something else about WoF that they won't have experienced themselves.

So, what does it feel like to cheat and think you managed to pull it off without consequence, just because a corrupt official was involved?

No one cheated on WoF and the victory of England was well deserved. We used hired guns and faps and lots of people. So did they. They had more than us because they played better in diplomacy. Good for them.

I am saddened by some of the questions raised here, Mandy...

Firstly, I CAN understand people feeling frustrated at the way in which England used the Support Team provisions to such good effect. They put on an awesome display, but there was nothing in the WoF 2008 Rules to prevent largescale recruitment of Support Members. Let me assure you that the main WoF England team was made up of registered members.

It would seem to make more sense if teams were made up exclusively of people from that country, however this can lead to some grey area. Many Calypso pioneers were born in one country, but moved to another. I can think of many WoF participants who have this dilemma, myself included. I was born in Wales, but moved to England aged 2. I consider myself "British" but chose to fight in the first WoF with the Wales squad. Having made that choice, I will not now be joining Any other national team. That seems the be right, fair and honourable.

But, since this grey area clearly exists, it is difficult to tell a player that they may not fight for a particular country.

I will be discussing both these issues, the Support Team dynamics and the issue of player National Identity, with Hurrikane upon his return to full-activity, and you can rest assured that we will have iron out most of the kinks in time for WoF 2009. (Ray Davies can relax, that's kinks, not Kinks.)

But what really troubles me is this :

It chills my blood that you may have perceived any inpropriety, mis-bahaviour or favoritism among the WoF Judges and Organisers.
All of the Hounds, and the assistants who have been approved for Judging duty, are held in the highest respect by Hurrikane and myself. Were that not the case they would certainly not be permitted to judge, and we would have to reconsider their Soc-member status.

Indeed, early in the proceedings a Hound was caught asking teams for "contributions" for the Judges, which he was pocketting himself. Be certain that he was removed from Judging, and kicked from the Hounds faster than he could say, "Oh Crap, I'm a Twat". But to my knowledge he was the only one, and this was the only incident.

All of the WoF officials take their responsibility very very seriously. The Hounds have the honour to organise an event which has captured the attention and imagination of a great many people, and creates new bonds and friendships within an already tight community. Our reputation, and the reputation of our Events, is extremely important to us, and acting in a manner that will preserve it is written into the society Rules.

I am therefore extremely keen to learn what you have witnessed, learned or heard about a corrupt official during WoF 2008. Please supply me with full details, or a retraction, as soon as you are able.

Please feel free to pm with the details if you are uncomfortable with public accusations, though I get the impression that you are not ;)

ThanX

Must agree and support Chopper... I judged a few matches and we made sure all data was collected painstakingly. The rules allowed massive support. This was mentioned at length before the WoF started iirc (search the WoF threads early on).

Recruitment of massive support is not cheating and I think it is wrong to claim that it was cheating. This option was available to all participants... to those that used it to their advantage - it was a sound tactical decision (obviously).

An another note... a thread (sort of) about this has been started elsewhere.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/128419-englishman-scotsman.html

Let's keep this out of the WoF Romania thread. This has nothing to do with Team Romania ;)

Back