Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hi, just wondered, after noticing a friend uses EF very differently to me, if there were differing approaches used in everyone's Forum activities.

What I do: Log in (have it on "remember me"), glance at PM notification, go to User CP, deal with PM's, check new subscribed threads, look at New Posts and sometimes browse from there, and then look at Forums to see who's on and what's happening. Then log off.

Only real deviance from that is when a reply needs a pic, then it's over to the gallery.

Oh, and I hardly ever visit my profile.

How about you?

Hurrikane

Last edited:
1. Read and deal with PMs (might save the work till later if there's something that needs a bit more effort to deal with);
2. Deal with any other notifications (e.g. friend requests), generally don't get much of that though;
3. Quick glance at CP to see what threads are updated;
4. Check rep comments because I am rep whore;
5. Hit New Posts are read through any interesting threads from the several pages of results;
6. Repeat 5 until there's nothing left to read.

If I need to do anything like checking screenshots or updating scores on event threads, I fit that in somewhere depending on how much time I've got.

I do about the same, only I look at the New Messages on the left side of the screen before I go to the User CP.

Hi, just wondered, after noticing a friend uses EF very differently to me, if there were differing approaches used in everyone's Forum activities.

What I do: Log in (have it on "remember me"), glance at PM notification, go to User CP, deal with PM's, check new subscribed threads, look at New Posts and sometimes browse from there, and then look at Forums to see who's on and what's happening. Then log off.

Only real deviance from that is when a reply needs a pic, then it's over to the gallery.

How about you?

Hurrikane

user cp
front page
soc forum
sales
user cp :)

Bookmark takes me to UserCP, then this process occurs
  • Check if there are any new posts in interesting subscribed threads
  • Read rep comments (Not usually anything new there ;))
  • Quick links --> Today's posts --> Open everything that looks interesting in new tabs
  • Close search results, read through all tabs opened
  • On the last tab --> Quick links --> Today's posts --> Open interesting results in new tabs
  • Rinse and repeat

first thing i do is goto Home page and look at Latest Forum Topics then have a look through main forum section and see if anything that intrests me.

Homepage which will tell me if I have messages (which I never do), then click New Posts, scroll around a bit ignoring some and deciding to read a few choice cuts. Occasionally I even post.

Bookmark takes me to UserCP, then this process occurs
  • Check if there are any new posts in interesting subscribed threads
  • Read rep comments (Not usually anything new there ;))
  • Quick links --> Today's posts --> Open everything that looks interesting in new tabs
  • Close search results, read through all tabs opened
  • On the last tab --> Quick links --> Today's posts --> Open interesting results in new tabs
  • Rinse and repeat

OOooo you use Quick Links and Tabs.... not ever done that:)

Hurrikane

On Entropiaforum:

1. pm´s or user notifications if there is such a thing
  2. user cp (check subscribtions & rep occasionally)
  3. new posts
  4. EFD bank if i got EFD´s to bank
  5. then gallery off topic section, not every time, but occasionally

Then next on GHQ:

• pm´s or user notifications if there is such a thing
  • user cp (check subscribtions & rep occasionally)
  • HQD bank if i got HQD´s to bank
  • then gallery off topic section, not every time, but occasionally

i guess thats my routine... :dunno: I am slave to routines, and really predictable...:silly2:

Straight to User CP first
Reply to pm's/profile msgs etc...
Check responses to my posts from User CP
Then to New Posts check anything interesting
Check Hound Private Thread for activity
Sometimes I use Forum Spy, to catch the Live Action

:thumbup:

1. check notifications (rarely happens that there's one :()
  2. User CP
  3. Read +reps (and notice there isn't anything new... :()
  4. Read updates in "New Subscribed Threads"
  5. Forums and parse through the ones I think are interesting
  6. "Search" / "MindArk/FPC Posts"
  7. User CP
  8. Manage bank account in case it's worth it

User CP --> Home --> New Posts --> read read read :computer:

I`m automatically logged in on my main computer. I glance to see if I have any pm`s the look at the latest posts. I usually don`t have time to look all over the place so mostly I`m just looking for news and recent happenings ans sometimes a thread that interests me or a pool thread like this one. Alot of threads I don`t even look at or bother with. Then sometimes I`ll look at my user cp for rep and new posts in threads I have posted in. Then once in a great while I`ll look at my profile for messages, any groups I am in or the hall of fame section just to show a bit of support for others.

I usually don't switch my computer off for days and have New Posts tab open in my browser. As I do most of my reading whiley mining, it doesn't get more complicated that New Posts -> whatever I find interesting in new tab. I may go to User CP but that's when I actually expect something to be there, ie I replied or subscribed to some thread recently that I'm interested in following. Well and of course I check notifications on arrive and if I notice a big increase in EFD from what I remember it being last time - I may try to check the reason for it.

Hmmm, I don't browse around the forum that much... So here's how I do it.

I subscribe to the forum using RSS feeds. I glance thru there to see if there are any NEW topics I'd be interested in and if so, click right to the article of interest.

Other times.
1. Read and deal with PMs - not that I get any.
2. Deal with any other notifications - not that I get any.
3. Check my wife's posts and such. She has lots of forum free time and always finds the goodies to post in. Basically I let HER find all the good stuff and then go read it. :)
4. Sometimes I'll look at my thread subscriptions to see if there's anything I want to read/respond to.

i start here https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily, my entropia forum shortcut goes directly to the new posts. i haven' seen the homepage in months.

browse the pages of stuff, open each interesting thread in a new tab and the read and reply to each.

i very rarely have a notification, but if i do, i check them 1st.

before i log off i check my user cp and what i have for rep, but since i get rep comments as often as i globals it doesn't change much :)

My routine is exactly the same as Hurrikane's :)

I start with user CP, check out any changes to new subscribed threads, then move on to new posts.

At some point I also use the search MindArk/FPC posts. Depending on what is going on in the universe I may do this before I read new posts. I love the ability to be able to do such a quick search for all of these posts.

Depending on the amount of time I have and the number of posts I will then end with doing a quick browse of the gallery. I like using the whats new feature in the gallery to look at what had been posted in the last day or 2.

Seems like a lot of things are uploaded to the gallery that you miss in forum posts, or were used in PMS or elsewhere. Some pretty interesting stuff there. I once saw a bunch of pictures Pinky had posted for a news story that had not been release yet and when I said something in a post that only a person that had seen the pictures I got a quick PM from Pinky asking me to delete my post because it would ruin her not yet released news story.

either new posts or pm's/ friends stuff before that. almost never check my cp

Front page loads up first, and quickly check on the side abr to see if there's any posts that seem interesting.

Check the top to see if theres any notifications like PMs, friend requests. Quickly go and deal with them. In the rare occurence there is any.

Open user CP and see replies in any subscribed threads. If theres something worth replying to, I'll go do that.

Snoop around random peoples profiles, so when I meet them in EU, I can scare them by instantly knowing a bit about them. Usually creeps people out.

Then just idly browse the forum and see if theres any threads of interest.

How about you?

Hurrikane

Snap :yay:

All the beautiful people do it this way.

Logon to EF.
Go to User CP
Open new tab* for PMs, if any
Open new tab* for New Posts
After that I check out the subscribed threads in the User CP, and I usually unsubcribe from about half of them since they were necro'ed or something insignificant.
Since I took on the Top 15 ATH for Mobs, I now include a visit to the HOF/UBER/ATH subforums too.
I subscribed to the entire WoF 2009 Forum, so I always see new posts there.

*Reason for new tabs is so the User CP never changes how it looks right after I log in.

1. Sign into the front page
2. Check CP, read and respond if needed
3. Check new posts
4. Keep repeating 2 and 3 until nothing new.
5. Come back later and repeat the process :laugh:

Hmmm, I don't browse around the forum that much... So here's how I do it.

3. Check my wife's posts and such. She has lots of forum free time and always finds the goodies to post in. Basically I let HER find all the good stuff and then go read it. :)

Stop stalking me!!!! :laugh:

I usually log into the 'Selling' forum, glance at anything new I haven't seen before, look at my EFD pile and if it's grown then I know something has happened - so I go to 'User CP' and check for any of my threads that may have been posted in. If none of my threads have been posted in, I check the 'Reps Received' section, and if there are any new +reps or -reps then I read the comment, then click the link to see what they meant about whatever post I made.
After this I go back to 'User CP' and check for any new posts in threads I was interested in. If there are, I check them. If not, then I go to the 'Uberloots' and 'Discovery' section to see if any loots have been reported that would change the economy.

I start with user CP, check out any changes to new subscribed threads, then move on to new posts.

At some point I also use the search MindArk/FPC posts. Depending on what is going on in the universe I may do this before I read new posts. I love the ability to be able to do such a quick search for all of these posts.

Depending on the amount of time I have and the number of posts I will then end with doing a quick browse of the gallery. I like using the whats new feature in the gallery to look at what had been posted in the last day or 2.

Seems like a lot of things are uploaded to the gallery that you miss in forum posts, or were used in PMS or elsewhere. Some pretty interesting stuff there. I once saw a bunch of pictures Pinky had posted for a news story that had not been release yet and when I said something in a post that only a person that had seen the pictures I got a quick PM from Pinky asking me to delete my post because it would ruin her not yet released news story.

Your avatar pic mesmerizes me

- load EF in a firefox tab (and keep it there for hours)
- login
- check PMs (and reply if needed)
- go to User CP and read new posts in subscribed threads
- go to New Posts, and browse something that looks interesting
- (repeat the last one every 5 min...)
- check mindark/fpc posts

Back