Medusa's Head Virtual Property to be Auctioned on Planet Calypso

I beat you too it!
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...tion-on-Planet-Calypso!&p=2621829#post2621829

Search next time Bertha! :silly2:

Located between the Eudoria and Amethera continents, this island group is conveniently segmented into eight distinct land areas which can be administered individually by the owner. Each land area is complete with its own hunting lodge, fertilizer station, and revival terminal.

The islands are inhabited by a number of indigenous species, and fish will be found in the surrounding waters. As part of the purchase two special species DNA will be provided for the owner to breed. The estate's minerals and enmatters will also make it an attractive destination for miners. The owner will have full rights to set individual tax levels on each of the land areas, generating daily revenue from visiting hunters and miners.

The main island is divided into three large land areas, with each of the other five areas spread over the remaining islands. The main island also contains a large historic dwelling complex. Once the last bastion of human resistance during the first Robot War, and later a smugglers hideaway, the cliff-face complex has been fully renovated and now offers shopping and residential areas, a jetty for water borne visitors, landing pads for aircraft, a hangar, a direct teleporter to other locations on Calypso, as well as revival, storage, trade and society terminals.

The property will be available for viewing from December 7, with the official auction beginning on December 13 and lasting until January 3.

Medusa’s Head Offer Details
· Land area: circa 35 square kilometers.

· 8 land areas total. 3 on main island. 5 spread over remaining islands including water areas.

· Individual tax levels may be set by owner for each land area.

· Land areas include hunting lodge, fertilizer station, and revival terminals per default.

· Land areas include minerals and enmatters.

· 2 special species DNAs for breeding: Scipulor and Sumima.These DNA spawn locations may be changed once by the owner. The DNA cannot be resold.

· Indigenous species. The spawn locations of these species may be changed once by the owner, and spawns may be removed but not added to.

· Main complex includes individual deeds for 24 rent-free shops and 24 rent-free apartments.

· Sales tax from shops goes to Medusa’s Head estate deed holder.

· Teleporter available in main complex.

· Revival, trade, storage and society terminals available in main complex.

· A hangar will be built in main complex when hangar system is reintroduced to platform.

· 2 unique iron challenges will also be provided on the estate.

Bidding on the Medusa’s Head Property
To bid on the property you will need an Entropia Universe avatar account which can be created here , and sufficient PED currency on your account. The various deposit alternatives are available here.

Once you’ve created your avatar and passed through the Calypso Gateway orientation area, you’ll need to visit an Auctioneer NPC which can be found in most settlements on Calypso. Right click and operate the Auctioneer NPC to open the auction interface. Navigate to the Estate category and double-click the ‘Medusa’s Head Deed’ from the listings. Your avatar is now ready to place a bid using the interface. N.B. The 'Medusa's Head Deed' will be added to the auction on December 13.

Withdrawal Fee Waiver

For parties solely interested in bidding for Medusa’s Head, a special waiver of the 1% withdrawal fee will be available. To take advantage of this waiver:

· Your deposit must be larger than USD 50,000 and arrive before the auction ends on Jan 3.

· You must send an email to rec@mindark.com stating your avatar name, deposit amount, and date of deposit in order for us to verify your participation in the auction.

Medusa's Head Virtual Property

Will they have a statue of Kratos? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
*Wanders off to the bank* :silly2:

anyone up for a swim across the ocean now when we will have a rest stop in the middle?

PS. hope you wont plan on charge a TP fee to get to the island, if you do please let everyone know

nice new LA areas for someone!!!!

More shops! Introduction of hangers again! Wish I had more peds on my cards, lol.

Withdrawal Fee Waiver

For parties solely interested in bidding for Medusa’s Head, a special waiver of the 1% withdrawal fee will be available. To take advantage of this waiver:

· Your deposit must be larger than USD 50,000 and arrive before the auction ends on Jan 3.

· You must send an email to rec@mindark.com stating your avatar name, deposit amount, and date of deposit in order for us to verify your participation in the auction.
They must be planning on some quite high bidding, lol.

· Main complex includes individual deeds for 24 rent-free shops and 24 rent-free apartments
Wonder if the shops will show up on the initial auction or if they'll be part of the main LA buy that the LA owner will then need to sell off or keep for themself? Also wonder how many item slots are in those rent fee places?

Last edited:
2 special species DNAs for breeding: Scipulor and Sumima

Most likely the current spawns will be turned to shit so the owner can rake in taxes :(

Most likely the current spawns will be turned to shit so the owner can rake in taxes :(

The Sumima spawn is shit already :D But yeah, I hope they don't mess with the existing spawns. I would think it'd be quite easy for the owner to choose a DNA setting that's different to the Amethera spawns and will attract a lot of hunters without the old spawns needing to be nerfed (Big Sumima? All-Young Scips without Formidon?)

The Sumima spawn is shit already :D But yeah, I hope they don't mess with the existing spawns. I would think it'd be quite easy for the owner to choose a DNA setting that's different to the Amethera spawns and will attract a lot of hunters without the old spawns needing to be nerfed (Big Sumima? All-Young Scips without Formidon?)

Well, if I paid a lot of money for those dna on Medusa, I'd expect at least one of the 2 spawns of scip to be nuked, and sumima deleted or severely neutered. Otherwise there's not much point to those dna.

I bet the two new missions will be scip and sumi as well.

Any idea how to figure out exactly how big 35 square kilometeres is on the map? ^^

Yeah, give me money for suggesting this exact thing! :cussing:

EDIT:

the cliff-face complex has been fully renovated and now offers shopping and residential areas, a jetty for water borne visitors, landing pads for aircraft, a hangar, a direct teleporter to other locations on Calypso, as well as revival, storage, trade and society terminals.

Sounds very much like my idea for how Athena Spaceport should look :silly2:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?200709-Athena-Remake-Idea&highlight=

They totally should call those islands "Nighthawks Ideas Merged" :beerchug:

Last edited:
Any idea how to figure out exactly how big 35 square kilometeres is on the map? ^^

Well, 1 point in the coords is 1 meter

The land of Amathera + Eudoria is a total of about 1500-1700 square kilometers

Basically what im wondering is will it be one server area, or bigger.

Is this more of the same, but bundled in 1 package ? Or am I missing something ?

Atami

Basically what im wondering is will it be one server area, or bigger

Server is 8x8 or 64 square kilometers. So this is slightly less than one half normal server area. Which is probably caused by the surrounding sea needing to fit on the same server. So the land area covers about 6km x 6km if crunched together and would leave ~1km sea to surround it on all sides.

Probably less in practice, but it would be rather unreasonable if there wasn't any. If there would be 500m of sea on all sides, the maximum land area in the middle would be 49 sq. km. But as it is made up from island its necessarily less. 36/49 = 73% is a bit low for the Medusa map, but maybe there is a bit more surrounding sea there.

Can't wait to get there already - surely it should be open for exploration soon?

I`m afraid of that also. On top of this, there are 2 Iron Challenge missions which I presume will be for scipulor and summima and same as the CP missions, will be specially targeted towards boosting income for the buyer. It`s very likely that summima and scip will be removed from the tax free areas.:(

Last edited:
One server area is about 8x8km. So it looks to be 1 server area with the rest water.

Wish i could afford it, that looks like a nice land area. Its going to go for a LOT of ped...

I`m afraid of that also. On top of this, there are 2 Iron Challenge missions which I presume will be for scipulor and summima and same as the CP missions, will be specially targeted towards boosting income for the buyer. It`s very likely that summima and scip will be removed from the tax free areas.:(

And then one day the buyer will sell the LA-s and the new owner will kill the DNA and we will be left with two more mobs missing.

I've got to add that I do like the whole idea, sounds like a great piece of land to own and play on. If only they'd given the area 2 completly new mobs it would be ideal.

FPC, there's still time to make a couple of new mobs :)

I've got to add that I do like the whole idea, sounds like a great piece of land to own and play on. If only they'd given the area 2 completly new mobs it would be ideal.

yeah, I agree ... same DNA as existing sounds a bit cheap :girl:

Yeah it`s easy fix actually. Apply same strategy as with trooper - legionaire. Pick old mob and give it a new paintjob and voila you got yourself a new mob.

Paint scipulor black and make it ninja scip and paint summima red and make it lobster bird or something.

Well, if I paid a lot of money for those dna on Medusa, I'd expect at least one of the 2 spawns of scip to be nuked, and sumima deleted or severely neutered. Otherwise there's not much point to those dna.

I bet the two new missions will be scip and sumi as well.

As I said above I think there's a lot of point to them even with the existing spawns intact, especially with the Iron Challenges which I agree are almost certain to be Scips and Sumima. Assuming they are, loading the place with minimised maturity Scips and Sumima will make them a much better mission location than Oshiri for those who want to do the missions as quickly as possible, and I'm sure would attract a lot of hunters for that reason. They'd also be more accessible to lower-level hunters which will also help to generate income.

If anything has to change then I'd suggest that thinning out the big Scips a bit is the least intrusive option, though there are a number of people who hunt there a lot who might disagree.

Perhaps the key thing is that prospective buyers need to know what the deal is here in advance. Hanne could you comment on the plans you have for the Amethera spawns?

Holy moly what a big amount of stuff for someone to win the bid of O.O

the rent free shops is wow O.O

Actually:

· Indigenous species. The spawn locations of these species may be changed once by the owner, and spawns may be removed but not added to.

This gives me the impression they're not talking about sumimas or scips. By indigenous, i suppose it's mobs you will only ind there.

BTW, this will go for a minimum of 2 million PED easy.

I expect 5 out of 8 of these islands will be mining only.

Except for the two DNAs given by FPC, what other DNAs will the owner have access to besides merp? The owner will likely make 1 island a merp land, since the DNA's so cheap and there's a mission for it.

But after that, the DNA options are seriously short.

Won't be so wow if they only have 10 item points, lol.

yes its still wow because 2k peds buy you 20 more item points sooo worth on a rent free shop

Back