Question: NEVERDIE and his influence in people trust and game

Omg now neverdie will create his own Egg, prolly call it Balls of Fire and this one will actually hatch to give birth to Neversourus, and poor Deathifier will shad a tear or two..
Why would Deathi shed any tears unless they are tears from rofl as he hatches the egg on Arkadia, you know, that company that he invested in to (some might say bought a share of) by buying his LA over there before anyone else had a chance as it doesn't exist yet. That's a whole different issue for day on another thread about avatar equality....

If RockTropia sucks so bad then why do people care about "Hell"? I mean.... Hell is to FOMA what RT is to Calypso...... It's obvious that it's absolutely NO competition whatsoever. Therefore if domes in Hell get sold they won't be worth as much as the FOMA domes.... half of which are owned by an individual that in the community's eyes is a bit shady anyway (Name the asteroid competition). I think it's great! It proves that LA are, and always were way too expensive. This IS and WILL drive down value of expensive items but let's face it.... $35k US for ANY virtual item is insane.

There will be plenty more coming down the road as more planets open up.... spend some time recruiting for your favorite planet instead of whining on forums and you just might be able to save your items value somewhat.

Menace

aaah, now I can wait for RT's Critical Palace :laugh:
It's ROCKtropia after all. We all know that someday there has to be a 'stairway to Heaven'...

MA owns ND. He's being paid by them, he's basically an employee, pr guy, but a bit nuts. Hence the inside info and accepting all his quarky crimes. At least, that way it makes more sense than 'ND owns Calypso'.

If RockTropia sucks so bad then why do people care about "Hell"? I mean.... Hell is to FOMA what RT is to Calypso...... It's obvious that it's absolutely NO competition whatsoever. Therefore if domes in Hell get sold they won't be worth as much as the FOMA domes.... half of which are owned by an individual that in the community's eyes is a bit shady anyway (Name the asteroid competition). I think it's great! It proves that LA are, and always were way too expensive. This IS and WILL drive down value of expensive items but let's face it.... $35k US for ANY virtual item is insane.

There will be plenty more coming down the road as more planets open up.... spend some time recruiting for your favorite planet instead of whining on forums and you just might be able to save your items value somewhat.

Menace
This is something I agree with! Two thumbs up!! :p

Also, if we feel any other Planet Partners are somehow disrupting our Planet, make note that would be something we'd deal with internally, not on a community forum. We're taking it seriously though, and the feedback which you provide here will be made use of.

Yes! Please Hanne, make NEVERDIE loose the calypso mobs, so I can safely move back to ROCKtropia! :laugh:

Calypso is not owned by Neverdie, no. :)

Regarding the old Calypso mobs appearing on Rocktropia, there's a simple explanation for that. When FPC and MindArk split there was a dividing of assets, including mobs and item designs. The mobs and items that went to MindArk was put in a Shared Folder which all Planet Partners can use from. Kind of a Planet Partner Starter Kit, of sorts.

This is also one of the reasons for the Shinkiba. We wanted to make a version which was entirely our own (and more kick-ass.)

MindArk isn't necessarily behind the spawn size, no. Planet Partners can also script spawns, how many and where its placed. As for the mining fields, I don't have any insight to that. :/

Also, if we feel any other Planet Partners are somehow disrupting our Planet, make note that would be something we'd deal with internally, not on a community forum. We're taking it seriously though, and the feedback which you provide here will be made use of.

So what you are silently saying is that at the time NVD was selling his assets (LA's + DNA), he allready knew wich mobs where generic & wich mobs where ment to be unique?

Man, its been a while.

Okay, I'm gonna come straight out and say this, from what I've read;

The game needs to develop into more than a network of "change the skin" games. The gameplay of this game is already dull and lacking; copy and pasting makes this much more obvious. Furthermore, if I were a high-roller ingame I would not invest in any LA etc. Because I'd have my investment devalued by a copy-cat planet partner - this is not a healthy basis for a game.

Now, Arkadia looks to be trying to shake it up with actual storyline motives to play. Not bland missions akin to F2P korean grinders, like the initial missions were like on calypso. But really, I think MA needs to come down on unoriginality among planet partners, otherwise the platform will caniballise itself. A good way to do this would be unique mob AI. And not aggro areas, actual AI. Perhaps we'd lose more, but at least it'd be FUN.

Hi,

read it all, very interesting! And worth a few +REP's :)

A few ideas about this now, maybe someone cares:

• About the combatants here:
    I think both the BlackHawk and Narfi factions have valuable argumentations, partially. Very sad they don't restrict their posts to a sheer argumentation, but let slip in personal attacks. This might not be meant this way, but a more careful proofreading might help to avoid such.

I know because I myself am prone to such behavior, too, and often have destroyed the hour(s) of work thinking of, writing, proofreading and editing a post, just with letting slip one inappropriate poke that I couldn't resist ...

Result is usually that such a poke is received as "ad hominem", the target's fuses are blown, the side drums are beaten to a counter-attack, all of my carefully crafted arguments are ignored, and the thread is on fire. Oops ...

Calm down please, and be ready to just ignore such pokes in your "opponent's" posts once in a while at least - it might have just slipped through intendedly!

Doing so would greatly help your cause. Your both's cause. Thank you!
  • About Neverdie:
    This is a hard topic. Once he was my in game hero. Without him I maybe wouldn't have found my way to Calypso - I'm a CND baby. I never talked to him, saw him once or twice only, one of these times resurrecting right next to me at the revival terminal. That gave me to think, you bet!

Something must have happened. I cannot help but thinking of some evil competitor doing something awful to the old Neverdie, as feeding him after midnight, thus mutating him to the Neverdie we know today?

Megalomania seems to have taken control over him, he started projects far above his abilities, and seeing them fail he's grasping at any straw now, regardless of the consequences.

What I see here isn't the Neverdie of the early days anymore. He has changed (as we all do), or has become mutated. Maybe time for giving him a nice sunbathing?

Poor ND!
  • About the Ex-CND copy/paste, and Scannergate:
    I understand that it's a hard hit to the current owners of FOMA (and old scanners) to see their investment devaluate. But they are not the first. At (much) smaller scales such has happened quite often already:
    • Owners of Axes 0x1 lost value of their investment when these got nerfed. Bug, sure ...
    • Owners of middle-class UL gear lost value of their investment when better L gear was introduced.
    • Owners of expensive clothing items lost value of their investment when cheap alternatives was introduced, or when such stuff was handed out as holiday gifts to everybody and its toad.
    • Owners of skills/ gear/ resources in quite some professions lost value of their investment when those professions was shafted, and partially not fully re-implemented until today.
    This was just smaller scale. But such things have already happened, and everybody should have been aware of it. MA never was prominent for keeping the investments of its participants safe, since long - with the exception of the really big investments, until now.

Now it has hit you "big players" too, welcome to the club! Be sure I have the same compassion for you now that you had back then when it was hitting me!
  • About "investments":
    This is a computer game. This ever was a computer game, no matter what you preferred to see in it. There was never ever even a small security that anything you'd "invest" would be secured for you, you'd have to read & accept mega-walls of EULA's and related to be able to log in, and those are prone to change every time you log in. So you'd have to read them carefully every time before you logged in, to be sure nothing serious had changed. Because with logging in you'd have accepted them ...

An imaginatory dialog for your entertainment:

Investment Advisor: "Hiya, heard you have 30K bucks to invest? I have the opportunity of your life for you! Buy a ModFap in EU!"
    Potential Investor: "Wut?"
    Investment Advisor: "Yeah, this is an Uber FAP in an RCE, and it had crazy earning powers all over the last years, you shouldn't miss this opportunity! This might be your chance to make a pension on an pacific island, served by beautiful girls supporting you with drinks and 5-Star menus, blowing trumpets and you-know-what ...
    Investment Advisor: "There's people that multiplied even small investments in a few months! This is the next big thing! The big guys are just starting to recognize it - now is the time to jump in early, and to make a fortune! This will become the mega-business soon!"
    Potential Investor: "How many in already?"
    Investment Advisor: "Megazillions of accounts already! Daily approaching more! Don't miss this unique chance!"
    Potential Investor: "How many active?"
    Investment Advisor: "A few thousands ... Erm, many, many people all over the day! And there's more coming in daily due to restless advertising!"
    Potential Investor: "Wut's RCE?"
    Investment Advisor: "The business of the future! Real Cash Economy! Like a MMO, just that it works with real money."
    Potential Investor: "Wut's MMO?"
    Investment Advisor: "Similar to a computer game, but there's many, many people on line playing together. Some of these have millions of participants!"
    Potential Investor: "A video game, are you serious?"
    Investment Advisor: "Yes, it's the next big thing! Forget your Apple shares, they're at the top already, sell and invest into the next bubble, NOW!"
    Potential Investor: "Sounds plausible. Hand over the contract."
    Investment Advisor: "Erm, no contract."
    Investment Advisor: "Ah, there's an EULA, and a ToU, and a CFP, and a GCToP, and a PCP, and a PC, and a RWIA, and a ToufIs, and a ToufVcs, and a TPIPA, and finally a CCIP. Find all of them here, in the most actual versions."
    Potential Investor: "Actual versions?"
    Investment Advisor: "Yep, every time you log in you accept all of these. They might change, according to the requirements."
    Potential Investor: "W/O further acknowledgment, so I'd have to read them every time I check my business?"
    Investment Advisor: "Erm, yes."
    Potential Investor: "And I'd have no contract nor bond nor debenture for my money?"
    Investment Advisor: "Erm, yes. It's promised in the current - oh, forgot what of those it was - that the company promises to pay back at least the last few investments ..."
    Potential Investor: "Are you f***g kidding me? Do you f***g moron think I got my f***g fine f***g Florida seaside villa trusting f***g idiots like you? Do you f***g think you'll really leave this f***g area alive?"

*grabs one of the nearby teak wood chairs and starts whacking on Investment Advisor*

Potential Investor: "Take this ... and this ... and this! Wut, still f***g alive? Take this ... and this ... and this!"

It wouldn't make me wonder if quite some Investment Advisors would have found an early end this way. Well, no big loss to humanity, at least we'd not need to reserve places for them in the forthcoming sending out of some of our most important members of the earthen community, like investment advisors, phone disinfectants, and personal color trainers in the hope to find new planets to colonize.

I know many will disagree. Do it with the effort I invested to write this, and be welcome!

Have a good time!

Edit & PS:
I forgot. Sorry! I forgot to link the IMHO best post in all of this thread IMHO - find it here!

Last edited:
very true Xandra.

And full of lulz!!!!!

Just keep Argonaut on Calypso and I'll be happy. ;)

Sorry to inform you, I have seen argonauts in concentration camps on rocktropia. So in line with the shinkiba/daikiba.. the argonaut will disappear, or be renamed. And loot changed... no more masks, shins and cb-19's for you... colonizer mk2 parts! yeay

Reactions: das
Sorry to inform you, I have seen argonauts in concentration camps on rocktropia. So in line with the shinkiba/daikiba.. the argonaut will disappear, or be renamed. And loot changed... no more masks, shins and cb-19's for you... colonizer mk2 parts! yeay

Surely they wouldn't remake a mob just to make it disappear though?

That's what I'm banking on anyway.

BTW they removed kango masks, paladin and knight a couple of months ago. :)

Shinkiba = Remade by SDS
Argonaut (and some other mobs) = Remade by MA

At some point, Argos on Calypso will "evolve" into a new species and that new species will replace Argos on Calypso the same way Shinkibas replaced Daikibas (missions, hides, skulls and all). The fact that MA is re-skinning shared mobs has no bearing on SDS replacing them with planet specific ones.

I suspect this particular evolutionary step will coincide with the return of their evil partners, the Ubmranoids, for storyline purposes (lemons -> lemonade).

:beerchug:

Miles

Last edited:
At some point, Argos on Calypso will "evolve" into a new species and that new species will replace Argos on Calypso the same way Shinkibas replaced Dailibas (missions, hides, skulls and all). The fact that MA is re-skinning shared mobs has no bearing on SDS replacing them with planet specific ones.

I suspect this particular evolutionary step will coincide with the return of their evil partners, the Ubmranoids, for storyline purposes (lemons -> lemonade).

:beerchug:

Miles

Has anybody given this idea some thought ? WTF is MindARk wasting money on a graphics artist when they should code systems only ! thats one coder less !

When will all of you oddly obsessed with all this realise Noone official cares what you think. It is what it is. If ma have a problem with anything a planet partner or user is doing you can be sure they will act. One thing is for certan tho, whatever they do/have done they have no reason to tell you lot.

I find it hilarious that you all have been stressing over this for so long.

Meh, whatever makes you happy....

When will all of you oddly obsessed with all this realise Noone official cares what you think. It is what it is. If ma have a problem with anything a planet partner or user is doing you can be sure they will act. One thing is for certan tho, whatever they do/have done they have no reason to tell you lot.

Actually it's the sad truth of this whole affair..

MA didn't care when they owned and were running Calypso, why would they care now what some ppl from planet N have to say on some forum.. It's their business and they do as they please.

Surely you can live with Jasonists that don't look like exactly the new Argonauts (but might look closer to old ones?), live in the same places, act the same way, loot the same things + some more ?

Personally, I think each 'planet system' should be totally self contained in relation to item movement.

In this game the economy is immensly important; possibly the single most important aspect when considering long term sustainability. But the economy is fragile. By trying to get a short term boost to his playbase NeverDie has already ruined parts of Calypso's economic system. (PvP mining MU, Scanners, ect) Until NeverDie grows up I doubt if this will change. How long until he drops 5 tt value pure black cloths like candy... ruining the tailoring profession? How long will skill value hold up with repeatable missions? What will happen if ESIs fall to 110% MU? In the end a system's economy depends on it's weakest link. Why create a long chain system with unreliable Planet Partners?

I agree on this. Actually this was how I thought Rocktropia would be when it was launched.
Start a new avatar on a new planet. Everyone racing on equal terms...
Instead it was possible to bring avatars and items over the borders.
I would have preferred it as separate worlds, but as it is now balancing becomes really tricky for MA (or is it SDS now?) to make it fair..

It matters because of all the potential for massive amounts of scams, both in the open and hidden behind the scenes that some us suspect has been going on/may be going on/will be going on in the future...

If Neverdie owns Golden Shadows and Golden Shadows is a shareholder of MA itself that would imply that ND is trying to be an MA owner, a Planet Partner, and a Participant ALL AT THE SAME TIME - and actually has been for a few years so far.... If he's doing that, who else is doing likewise, and at what level? Seems like the shareholder list for MA shows a lot of anonymous folks in the lower levels. People ask where the 10% goes if/when they get lucky and get the 90% return... This sort of stuff could account for a large portion of that possibly?... There's a lot that needs to be transparent that is not yet.

Have you ever considered the possiblity that maybe you dont know all the facts and everything your posting every day for months on end is infact wrong?

Seriosuly, ma have made it clear its not your business, youve voiced your concerns way more than enough, what else do you expect to achieve by reposting the same garbage over and over and over and over and over again?

Change the record and find something else to do with your day.

People like you really do make me laugh.

:lolup:

Have you ever considered the possiblity that maybe you dont know all the facts and everything your posting every day for months on end is infact wrong?
THAT'S EXACTLY THE POINT. I don't know the facts. You don't know the facts...

but connecting the dots, it sure does not look good...

so it might be a good idea for MA & NDS to give us the facts... or at least the facts that they do know and can provide. Transparency is usually GOOD FOR BUSINESS and that is a fact. ;)

Actually this was how I thought Rocktropia would be when it was launched.
Start a new avatar on a new planet. Everyone racing on equal terms...
Instead it was possible to bring avatars and items over the borders.

Why did you think that? They told us several times (a lot of times actually) before any new planet was launched that it would be ONE avatar, ONE universe...

All game contest is amazing except start make copy from calypso, moobs , similar Fortuna...

One Player one world is the key in all system but should be more transparency in all system with PP...

so it might be a good idea for MA & NDS to give us the facts... or at least the facts that they do know and can provide. Transparency is usually GOOD FOR BUSINESS and that is a fact. ;)

Unfortunately you and I both know this will not happen. If they wanted to keep us in the loop, they would have said something by now.. I'm affraid it will never come to light even if (god forbid ;)) the game goes under.. :yup:

I agree. Although I really think if MA gave us the facts it would probably be the end of EU, so we don't get the facts :eyecrazy:. Personally I don't need any more convincing than they already have given their track record. I have two choices really, I can stay and accept that this is what it will be and always be or I can cut losses and leave.

Back