BL1800 Pricecheck

Find someone(s) who has a blp HG skill + dmg between 82 and 100, get them to look at the weapon + take screen of HA/Cha and dmg range (dmg range helps more) and it can be determined what the level required to max is. I think there is some uncertainty in this factor which leads to and incomplete analysis of the cost to use.

Need: Profession Level (hit+dmg exact. 87 will not suffice, need 87.65 etc), HA/CHA, DMG.

Well, I'd have to say, its a very interesting gun for sure, if I was in your position I would also be floundering on what to do (sell, or keep and chip up to use). Awful expensive to chip up to those levels if you are just a mid level hunter at this point. I'd have to say, considering its skill requirements, Star is probably right, if you get a 150k or more offer, I'd be temped to sell it...especially considering you already have a UL CB26 which is matched to your skills at this time (and has shown you once that its possible to profit with it).

If BL1800 (L) starts to drop this gun will not have a high value..

The L version will have beter eco then uL becouse markup on L will be around 103%...

Its a great weapon. If I had the extra funds available I would make a decent offer on it but alas my budget sucks atm and I don't think the wife would appreciate me spending our savings on a virtual pistola lol.

Personally I would just hold onto it until you get a good price on it. Plus its something to set a goal for to eventually use if you decide to keep it.

There is a dwindling pool of people currently in EU who are willing to pay high price tags for such items so demand is low atm. As MMOWC nears and maybe LG is announced the demand for such an item will increase.

I know this is wide range but I would expect something like this to go for 200K-300K unless MA ups the drop rate on (L) and/or un(L) versions or something bigger and better pops up.

Its quite amusing to see low ball estimates but then again I guess maybe those are the people who are interested in this weapon and want to get it as cheaply as possible to use or resell. Try low ball pricing an item in one of their sales or price check threads and I am sure negotiations will go no where fast.

Testing

Some extensive testing was conducted last night.

Tests ranged from Gun vs armour and fap.
Gun vs Mulaak'f then vs spiders and then I believe went and paid a visit to some Dasp.

I expect the results and an evaluation of sorts to be posted in the forum very soon.

Regards,

Mac :)

Fyi

For info, I have received an offer of an ImkII as a trade for the BL.

All opinions and theories received so far are appreciated.

Lets keep it going :)

Mac

yes i received the same offer for the x5 we looted, and we went with a 220k offer instead of a gun that seems hard to sell atm for even 200k. cheers.

All opinions and theories received so far are appreciated.

Lets keep it going :)

Mac

Well from what I heard it maxes at level 87, so If that is correct it adds another 50-60k to my estimate. It's low enough that those people currently unhappy with MM's low dmg/sec could swap some of their LWT for BLP and overnight be uber(er)

MM+2xa204 or Imp fap as SB.

i think another point of note is it isn't just better than foe, it's better than imp SH. Take that for what you will

Last edited:
It's low enough that those people currently unhappy with MM's low dmg/sec could swap some of their LWT for BLP and overnight be uber(er)

find me one person unhappy with the MM's "low" dmg/sec, you know, that actually owns one. :laugh:

find me one person unhappy with the MM's "low" dmg/sec, you know, that actually owns one. :laugh:

Neomaven sold the AMM, can't think of any other reason :D star prefers his foe :p and i'm sure skalman prefers his imp doa :p

ModFap+BL+Infiltrator=Death to everyone around you.

Sell to a Pk'er and this will surely fetch a pretty penny ;)

~Tracer

Neomaven sold the AMM, can't think of any other reason :D star prefers his foe :p and i'm sure skalman prefers his imp doa :p

neomaven was using the ancient MM as a finisher. he uses the aimk2 as a tagger and the terminator as a primary weapon.

and yes, i think i'd think keeping 580k in a finishing weapon was not the best use of funds.

but i doubt even neo would describe the dps of a MM as low, was my point.

neomaven was using the ancient MM as a finisher. he uses the aimk2 as a tagger and the terminator as a primary weapon.

and yes, i think i'd think keeping 580k in a finishing weapon was not the best use of funds.

Hmm must spread rep.. .

But yep thats the point 58k usd to save 10 ped a day is a shitty return on investment..

And to toss my 2 pec in, Hold on with selling mr Mac, Its a goal for u, and i dont believe you are in the need to get it off ur hands asap;)

And I surely dont believe this will drop often.

very eager to see the test results though.

And to toss my 2 pec in, Hold on with selling mr Mac, Its a goal for u, and i dont believe you are in the need to get it off ur hands asap;)

i agree mac, that selling the cb26 and chipping to use this weapon is prolly the very best decision one could make. ofc, there's lots of interesting things that could happen for you.

figuring out what to do in your situation certainly doesn't suck. :laugh:

Hmm.. So hard to say.
Definitely a monster of a gun...
The number of potential buyers is very small due to the skill requirements.
And... The uncertainty of the L gear and entropia in general...
Hmm... :scratch2:

My guess would be between 200k and 300k, but could be much higher if it ends in a bid war between a couple of rich uber pk'ers.

Well, compared to the Terminator... :D

Yeah i've seen him hunting like that, just lol. 3 of the rarest items ingame lol

ONTOPIC: if i was the lucky looter who also own's a UL CB26 (i wish :laugh:) i would sell both and get that weapon 99% of us have wet dreams about. I'm sure Skippie knows what weapon i mean.

But hey, thats just me. Chipping up and use it would also be awesome.

Chipping up and use it could be a risk if you are out of funds when you finish chipping. You need minimum 50k ped on ped card to play with that toy. Best is to keep it and skill up and chip up small amounts from the profit you make with CB26.
If you chip up and see that you can't make profit using it what will you do? Say is crap and put it for sale?
On the other hand, the best offer for an X5 UL was for the first gun... It was valued way above the price of MM. Second one sold for less than MM. Skippie has a hard time selling his for what the last X5 was sold...
I would say that the best bid you get in the next 3 weeks if no other drops are until then, is the best price you will get for this gun in a long time from now.

If you chip up and see that you can't make profit using it what will you do? Say is crap and put it for sale?

With 88/88 a foeripper would do pretty well i heard.

With evil it gives over 145 dmg/sec, can you imagine how fast you can clean out dome 4 with this gun and what profit you get from killspeed on regen mobs ? MM has good eco but peanuts in dps compared to this one. If I'd own MM I would start to get very worried :silly2: Yeah I know some people with foe or MM will say this gun isn't so great and blabla but they'd be the first to trade for it. So goodluck and don't sell cheap ;)

On the other hand, the best offer for an X5 UL was for the first gun... It was valued way above the price of MM. Second one sold for less than MM. Skippie has a hard time selling his for what the last X5 was sold...
I would say that the best bid you get in the next 3 weeks if no other drops are until then, is the best price you will get for this gun in a long time from now.

yes, in the end we took +200k for the x5, 10k less than the last x5 sold for, and it was difficult at best to find a home for it.

the entire team is more than relieved we sold that several days before this bl1800 was looted. because certainly the fact that it is the best SIB in game (short of the terminator ofc) is no longer true.

the very first looter of the x5 got the best offers. and i yield to sheila to relate the story of the first assassin loot as well. i doubt he will ever recoup 160k selling it, now that they are not easily selling for 100k.

but certainly allarm and susurs have made great use of their weapon since allarm looted it. just not sure that selling at 300k or whatever was offered when it was first looted and buying a MM at the time for ~200k or an imp fap for ~250k wouldn't have been a better thing to do based on opportunity cost. the MM went up 100k, the fap 100k as well, the x5 down at the very least 100k since it was the only one in game. therefore, not selling the first x5 was a 200k loss the way i value my gear if allarm were to have sold it last week. now that bl1800 exists, selling that x5 might be an even worse proposition for that particular looter.

cheers.

yes, in the end we took +200k for the x5, 10k less than the last x5 sold for, and it was difficult at best to find a home for it.

the entire team is more than relieved we sold that several days before this bl1800 was looted. because certainly the fact that it is the best SIB in game (short of the terminator ofc) is no longer true.

the very first looter of the x5 got the best offers. and i yield to sheila to relate the story of the first assassin loot as well. i doubt he will ever recoup 160k selling it, now that they are not easily selling for 100k.

but certainly allarm and susurs have made great use of their weapon since allarm looted it. just not sure that selling at 300k or whatever was offered when it was first looted and buying a MM at the time for ~200k or an imp fap for ~250k wouldn't have been a better thing to do based on opportunity cost. the MM went up 100k, the fap 100k as well, the x5 down at the very least 100k since it was the only one in game. therefore, not selling the first x5 was a 200k loss the way i value my gear if allarm were to have sold it last week. now that bl1800 exists, selling that x5 might be an even worse proposition for that particular looter.

cheers.

I don't see the bl1800 affecting the price of the X5 all that much, since the 1800 requires much, much more skill. There are a ton more players that can use the X5. The things that are affecting the X5 price are more X5's dropping and other unL SIB weapons with good dps.

I don't see the bl1800 affecting the price of the X5 all that much, since the 1800 requires much, much more skill. There are a ton more players that can use the X5. The things that are affecting the X5 price are more X5's dropping and other unL SIB weapons with good dps.

yep, that's also a very true and valid way of looking at it, xen.

infact, i thought long and hard of buying out the x5 and switching to it as every blp skill check i ever saw would be profit. i considered selling all combat skills that did not contain health skill to the end of time, a very interesting reason to buy this weapon.

i could not do anything like it with a bl1800, so perhaps that weapon will not affect the price of the x5.

but should history repeat itself, as better SIBs loot, lower level SIBs do not seem to hold their value. the prospect of the uncertainty of that, was the number one reason i passed on buying out the x5.

if i paid out the team at +40k each, and then the x5 became a +150k weapon, not only would i have lost everybit of my fifth of the ath loot, but i would have lost 50k making that decision.

the slower reload and the lower eco and that prospect made me pass on the ownership of the x5.

due to market stability of the item, the fact that i have skill goals using a mod merc, and it's ever improving eco in my hands, i made the decision to buy the x5 out from the team and then trade it for 220k towards the 300k MM i now own.

and a week later, with bl1800 around, i believe even more strongly that i made the correct decision.

and again, that's just my opinion of what is most likely to occur with this weapon should more of them loot, ofc.

I got a chance to borrow this gun for a night from Marmac and give it a pretty thorough test drive. It turns out that this gun is maxed at ~ level 87 BLP Pistoleer (Hit) and Ranged BLP (Dmg). Mirandax and Avery can both confirm this as they had a look at the gun as well. This is 5 levels lower than was originally speculated and definitely adds a bit to the gun's value.

PVP Test
The first test involved shooting at stationary people wearing various armors. VVV with Eon/6a with his mod fap was ofc invincible and was never in any danger of reaching below 150 HP. Next I fired at 200 HP player wearing shadow armor and found that it was able to kill them within 20 seconds if they were fapped by a mod fap while I fired. It did seem a bit easier with a foeripper to kill them in that situation as the reload was hindering the killshot timing. I later tested the gun on a few players with medium HP wearing Hermes and shadow with UR125 (L) faps while they ran around trying to stay alive. They really had no chance against it. The hermes would have been much harder for a foeripper to kill in that situation but the shadow would likely be about the same against either gun. After those tests I got a chance to try on Avery with his Imp fap and Infil/7(a) plates. Neither gun could do substantial enough damage to put him in danger. Lastly, I ran around like a lunatic in Twin killing naked people. In this situation I found it easier to kill people with this gun than the foeripper but I also died 2 times during its reload period.

Conclusion for PVP
BL1800 Preferred for:
Unarmored people
People with under 175ish hp and any armor or fap combination
People with 175-240 hp and any armor with L fap
People with 175-210 hp and any armor with Imp/Mod fap

Foeripper Preferred for:
People with over 210 hp with eon, infil, hermes, and Imp/Mod fap
People with over 240 hp with eon, infil, hermes, and UR175+ (L) fap

It really didn't make much difference for the lower end of the spectrum but favored the BL1800 in the middle of the spectrum and then went in favor of the Foeripper later on. An important thing to consider is whether you need a finishing gun vs. the opponent or whether your primary gun (BL1800 or Foeripper) will get the job done. If you need a tango shot or rocket launcher shot at the end to finish your opponent, the speedy reload becomes very important. If you don't need a finisher then you'd rather have more dps.

Hunting Test
BL1800 Preferred for:
Domes 1-2 at CP with gremlin or better for armor
Dome 4 at CP with shadow or better for armor
Mulaak'f up to Warlord solo no medic
Spiders up to Old Alpha solo no medic
Spiders of any size with a medic
Spiders up to Prowler no medic but with a team
Daspletors up to Mature solo no medic
Daspletors of any size with team or medic
Any mob with over 500 HP and high regen that requires little fapping

Foeripper Preferred for:
Dome 3-4 at CP with Gremlin
Globsters at close range
Spider Stalkers with team
Daspletors over Mature solo no medic
Any mob with a high attack rate
Any mob with low or high regen that requires fapping
Any mob under 500 HP

Any mob you need to fap quickly while killing suits the foeripper better. The BL1800 better for any mob that regenerates quickly and you aren't in a lot of danger of dying if you don't fap quickly on. The BL1800 makes L amps last a bit longer is a final little tidbit in favor of it (this makes a big difference when using elite amps). Lack of criticals was something I noticed when pKing and hunting. Not 1 critical in the first 100 or so shots on people (this could just be random bad luck). The hunting seemed to have a similar problem but this could have been just due to it firing less shots per mob (I can't really speculate on that).

I currently value this gun around 180-185k due to the lack of buyers capable of using it. The possible buyers already have great guns. The 3 main factors involved are 1) Capable of using it 2) Money to buy it and 3) Prefer it substantially over their current alternative. Those 3 factors must all be met before you'll find the right buyer. If someone has offered an imp mk2 for this gun, then I'll assume it is worth 200k or so. A price check isn't so needed for such a gun because only 20-30 people in EU can even use it. It makes as much sense to just take offers from those 30 people and see who offers the most. :)

I think anyone that can afford this will not be disappointed. It is a great gun. I don't know if I think it is better or worse than a Foeripper. I think I'd still prefer my Foeripper but I'm sure I have some bias as I've used it a fair bit. I do think the Foeripper allows greater flexibility in what you will hunt if you don't have unlimited resources with which to buy a bunch of different guns.

Thank you for allowing me to test it Marmac. I was initially cursing it for the first 1k ped ammo as I got 0 globals and hofs on dasps during that run but I went back and got a couple of nice hofs during the 2nd run to more than make up for the losses in run 1.

Sorry I rambled a bit and I hope this helps whoever is contemplating ownership of this lethal weapon. :)

*Sidenote* I doubt seriously that over 4 UL 1800 will drop in the next 2 years unless our player base doubles. There simply aren't enough people who can use it to justify MA creating 20 of them. As for L 1800's, I doubt we'll see very many of those in EU either. Maybe 10 maximum after 2 years.

nice assessement, star. thanks for sharing your experience with the gun.

Thanks

Thankyou Star for testing this monster and providing the community with your evaluation and opinions.
I enjoyed the experience and the chats we had.
I had to cut the experience short at the CND stage because, as I stated, it was getting very late in my timezone and standing there watching you whack three shades of shit out of the villians was a bit like showering with a raincoat on. Or as you replied "yeah like sex with a condom" :laugh:

All I wanted to do was join in shooting, fapping, anything! Got some pretty cool screenies tho ;).

On a side note - I lent this gun to Star pretty much on trust with a lot less collateral than what it was worth. I was going to ask for the Foe, however I realised he would need that to do test comparisons. As one of the more senior and prominent figures in the game I figured it was a no-brainer I would get it back safely (failing natural/personal disaster or fatality)
So thanks again, well done and +rep :)

Any decision to be made about the future of this gun is still pending.
Enough of my rambling for now.

Regards to all.

Mac :cool:

Awesome testing Star

That was some really thorough testing.

Quite amazing to see Joda stand up to it in eon and mod fap, as it certainly packs a massive punch.

I'm really impressed at the unbiased approach to the testing and willingness to give the gun a fair appraisal knowing that it must be tempting for you to acquire it.

Quite amazing to see Joda stand up to it in eon and mod fap, as it certainly packs a massive punch.

well... he's Joda. :laugh:

I'm really impressed at the unbiased approach to the testing and willingness to give the gun a fair appraisal knowing that it must be tempting for you to acquire it.

Where do you gather that from? I'd say he is appraising it fairly low, if I follow your logic he would rate the gun higher if he was biased? I'm not saying that he is, you just can't tell.

anything happened with the piece yet?
damn this curiousity... :D

Back