Come on drop the ridiculous markups

Turnsleft

Prowler
Turnsleft
Ok Im in moaning mode today, here goes, the markets are dead, trading is at an all time low, all you fools trying to sell those high end itemz for insanely stupid markups need to either decide that you want to keep them and hide them in storage or get real with your prices. Mod Faps are no longer worth tt+ 400k, Mod Mercs tt+ 200k, Imp Faps tt+ 200k, come on see the light those days are long gone, only rich pricks and idiots will buy anything at those prices now, Im tired of trawling thru sales threads looking for decent itemz at decent prices. I have no issue with paying a premium for something useful or the market rate determined by supply and demand but now these itemz on offer are pricing themselves outta the market. No wonder they are still on threads months in........ there got that off me chest I feel better. Feel free to flame I dont give a ratz ass ;)

Could not agree with you more, but this is just a matter of time until people realize that those prices are crazy and the market will revert to more realistic numbers. Patience, dont be frustrated:)

:eek: i had similer coplaints on an earlyer thread.. along thies line's some thies people are just 'show off's' if you ask me

The flipside of this is you can sell items at a more realistic price and look like a "bargain".

When looking at items in an auction, keep two things in mind:

1) Just becasue the item is listed for a certain price, doesn't mean it it worth it.

2) Items that are on the auction are often there because nobody will buy them at their asked-for price.

Didn't somebody say there were going to jack with the markets? Talk to him...

Im tired of trawling thru sales threads looking for decent itemz at decent prices.
so stop trawling (is that even a word) here in the forums and start strolling through the in game shops where the real nice priced stuff is! :) ;)

What's the complaint?
You want something, but aren't prepared to pay for it?

Dont worry. Unlimited SIB guns are coming down in price and now that first aid skills are coming down in price, limited faps will be more popular, especially with tiering. I used to have a ul175 that was at about tier 4 and it healed for more than an imp fap. Yes the heal per sec was less because its only 20 heals, but who cares, atleast I didnt have to spend 200k on an imp fap. Theres an adj sk80 being sold for about 22k. You can tier that to tier 10 and get an awesome heal out of it.

Well those attempting to sell at markups that would make Wall Street keel over dead from sticker shock will either find an affluent rube, end up keeping the items, or lower their selling price.

That's pretty much a law of economics, IIRC.

Awww come on the Egg was worth every ped.:silly2:

I think most of the top stuff is way overpriced tbh, but if people want to pay that then is their lookout really. Seems like not many people buying high end equipment currently though, and a lot seems to be being offered...

Where are Rod, Jane and Freddy when you need them...

Last edited:
This thead is a game changer.

I just listed mod fap in auction for 10k and MM for 6k.

What were we thinking!

Thank you for the lovely items , as I have just purchased them.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Sale:

Mod Fap = 400K Ped or items

Mod Merc = 200k Ped or items

Bones

What were we thinking!

easy being sarkastic when you were there, the time the items dropped.

The only people who will control the prices are the people who have the items. Just because someone says "come on, man, sell me the MM for 50k cheaper" doesn't mean they're going to do it. They want to get as much out of it as possible.

If you're in the market for a MM your two options are to loot it (hell of a chance) or buy it (much better chance). If you want it badly enough, you'll buy it.

Dont worry. Unlimited SIB guns are coming down in price and now that first aid skills are coming down in price, limited faps will be more popular, especially with tiering. I used to have a ul175 that was at about tier 4 and it healed for more than an imp fap. Yes the heal per sec was less because its only 20 heals, but who cares, atleast I didnt have to spend 200k on an imp fap. Theres an adj sk80 being sold for about 22k. You can tier that to tier 10 and get an awesome heal out of it.

Chanses are you will loose attleast 4 of those adj sk80's while tiering so it wont cost you 22k, more like 100k in the end so......

Laugh, dismiss and or diss but there is a smack of reality in this thread. Unless the player base grows greatly and markups for other stuff like the resources we sell every day that are mostly tt fodder rise commanding such high prices for items will not last. Evidence suggests those good old days are or already have come to an end. It seems inevitable as happens in so many other instances in life and on th einternet. What will keep the asking prices from coming down are the owners who do not want to face the fact that the glory days are over and or don` want to take a beating on the price. To admit they are the ones who bought too high. By commanding the price and keeping it they justify their purchase.

Face it. Limited items and tiering have changed the game in a huge way. Sure MA could have nerfed those high end items or started dropping more but that would have alienated some people too fast. This way it`s slow and noticed on a much longer scale allowing people to blame other forces and prevent them from throwing up their hands and selling out. Think about it. People have to move up the ladder. And to do that they will need the gear. This way allows that without opening too big a wound too fast.

Being at the top is a precarious position and a risky one as well. It may take a little more time. But we`ll see where this all ends up. Just think an OF-105 used to be the best finder in game. Now they practically give them away. Bd implants were the best implant in game and I`m waiting to see what the reintroduction of mindforce does to that and the rest of existing items. I`m sure nothing good for us the players as far as increasing our worth. A Bd will not suddenly be worth 10k or more. In fact I predict they will drop in value.

Patience will pay off for those willing to wait for what they want mark my words. And as always and with everything EU those who choose ways other than patience will pay the most.

Hmm.. I have several things to say about this thread.

First of all I would like to ask the OP, are you an attention whore?

1. We all know prices are determined by supply and demand.

Demand - Being how much someone or how many people are willing to buy at x price.
Supply - Being the drop rates, or number of people crafting said item.

2. How much did people pay to obtain those items, not worth what they paid for? Are they still x amount of efficiency over other items?

No matter how much we debate this topic, it has been mauled over before, I am pretty sure this is the 100th post on this topic. I am also sure that where things are they will remain, slowly change or abruptly change depending strictly on what MA does, changes. etc.

Anyways.. I hope your thread beat the boredom monkey from off your back...

cheers

- virus -

I honestly think that the price of uber Unl items will remain high purely because of history and hype.

The UNL SIB items are the ones taking the battering atm though as was very apparent by yoda (I think) listing, then relisting, then relisting again his Unl R150, each time dropping th BO by 5k till it was last on at +25k BO

That it the realism in EU.

L is finally having a big impact and the tiering system will only bolster that more

I honestly think that the price of uber Unl items will remain high purely because of history and hype.

The UNL SIB items are the ones taking the battering atm though as was very apparent by yoda (I think) listing, then relisting, then relisting again his Unl R150, each time dropping th BO by 5k till it was last on at +25k BO

L is finally having a big impact and the tiering system will only bolster that more

interesting info, maybe I should save back for a 150UL they are decent guns if you wanted UL sib. btw.. your sig is broken and + rep for useful info.

drop the markupz plz. So I can buy them and relist. Thanks, Bai

it sold for +20k

it sold for +20k

ooh that is even better.. imagine a few more of them looting.. if it ever dropped to tt + 10k I would probably buy one. muwahaha > : )

If you really want a mod merc for the best price in the market check my thread HERE. You will never find a better price than this. :D

What's the complaint?
You want something, but aren't prepared to pay for it?

Then the great question if you can trust MA not if you you are prepared or can pay for it.:twocents:

You know I only beleive that one can raise a mark up on a item, if they have paid the majority of the mark-up themselves.

As a Buyer for future reselling. I find it very important to offer the best price possible becouse the items i am buying will have a history that reflects the value i bought it at. And it is just wrong to ask for way to much when i didnt pay for it. But i also dont think it is wise to lie about prices by throwing the market false buys to manipulate the real value.

If the MU is real and has money backing it, and has a profit margin with real demand, then The mark up on that item is real. But if there is no history and real demand, or the history has been manipulated, or is just too old and things have changed then the only way to find the new value is to have the community bid on that item.

This means the seller will have to take it or leave it, what every the buyer wants to pay. And Becouse the Sellers of these "High MU Items" Dont want to lose their investment. they will try to hold a false value that has been manipulated time and time again.

Thats my take on it.

What were we thinking!

Ofcourse it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. What I am saying is, the amount ppl will be willing to pay, will eventually be alot less. You could compare it to HD DVD's. They were good until everyone decided that blu-ray was better. Its getting to the stage where people will only use sib weapons and faps. About a year or so ago, I could remember tzepu trying to sell a strikehammer for 70k, now people are trying to sell them for 20k. Mod faps and imp faps havnt come down much yet because the owners have been able to afford to keep them. But not everyone wants to keep so much money tied up in a game and eventually as ppl have to sell them, they too will drop in price.

Reactions: Mac
Chanses are you will loose attleast 4 of those adj sk80's while tiering so it wont cost you 22k, more like 100k in the end so......

Not if you use one of the tiering services, like the one Art of War provides. You pay them to tier it and if they lose the item, they give you the ped value of the item back.

I've said this time and time again........

"When the BIGGEST loot in game is under 140k PED.... is it REALLY worth it to have 1M PED invested in gear?"

THE BEST you're looking at if you hit it big is less than 20% of your kit costs. On top of that.... unless you were around and stockpiled high end items back when they actually dropped.... you're almost SURE to lose a shit tonne of PEDs before getting that 140k or less ATH.

Hey.... if I was so rich that I could afford to wipe my ass with $100 bills.... I'd prolly own a MM, Mod Fap, and full Supremacy too.... Until that day comes... I'll stick with (L) gear of a mid level and bring a friend along to hunt them big mobs that Uber UL gear allows a solo person to hunt.

Menace.

What do you need Mod FAP for?

You can hire a mod fapper for 70 PED / hour. Wanna have fun - there he is.

30000$ (price of mod FAP) translates to 260 hours of hired mod fapper if put in bank at low risk intrest.

There are great armors available on market for several $ over the TT value. L ofc :D

But never forget:

30k$ MOD FAP + 20k$ MM + 10k$ armor = 60k$

60k$ at 6% pa interest in bank (doable) = 3600$ / year
36000 PED / year for markup costs / hired fappers will buy you a lot of great L stuff and fun doing all the biggest mobs available :)

So - dont be sad and let high end items stay ridiculously priced. I enjoy telling ppl that medical device in the game costs 40k$ - its good party talk.

I.

it sold for +20k
And the real winner was ofc MA/FPC because of the costs associated with auction fees every time the item was relisted...:rolleyes:

Back