Community Recognition Award Armor

wow so many haters in this forum, seriously man nothing can please you ppl, they hand out free cars ppl whine and hate on how it's done cuz either they didnt get one or it's not done the "right" way, they give out free armors and bam repeat of car syndrome... ma/fpc is a game/entertainment company they're not the authority on webster dictionary on exact terminology needed to make sure they dont offend the masses...

you can never please 100%, heck even 80% of your clients or customers, even in life and family you can never please all the people around you, but you only need to please the majority to stay in business and your family to keep from being disowned :p

Maybe I am confused... but I did not see any Warants get this armor... and I would like to know which of these Guides is one of the "Fair Haired Children of MA" especially since it was FPC that did it afaik.

Hmmm no not in warrants (pssst open for the suggestion tho !!!)

and Fair Haired Children ??? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA Yeah like i get a HoF everyday or global ...my luck is proably the worst ingame ever

this have nothing to do about depositors,loot,socs,"favourised people" it's about a hand full of people doing something for the comunity and getting something too show appriciation, something some of you are not showing atm

i'll praise the lucky few and hope this is a reason for you all to pitch in a little reward or no reward =)

If y'all want rewards for doing things in the community, THEN GO AND DO SOMETHING!
Fkn lazy, bum-ass, hand-out havin' conceited bastards.

(weepy eyes) but.... I did do something? *pouts*

The guides are awesome and they do an awesome job (for MA) in game - spending their own time, never asking for anything in return.

Read more about the guys in the First and Second interview I made with them.

Just shows what a great bunch they are - and how well deserved this is (and finaly get some recognition)!

That doesn't mean there's not a lot of other people who would deserve it too - because they also help the community in different ways. Fact is, the guides are visible and in this programe. A lot of people are doing stuff around, but might not be just as visible as this.

Gratz to the guides :yay:

If I'm wrong, then sorry.

If only the guides got the armour, then sorry, but I sware, I saw some warrent members in the new green armour, again..if i'm wrong, then I sorry for the post.

Seoul

Gratz to the recipients, that's a pretty useful armour set. Nice move by FPC.

If only the guides got the armour, then sorry, but I sware, I saw some warrent members in the new green armour, again..if i'm wrong, then I sorry for the post.

Seoul

Maybe they bought it off guides?

Wow ok. So I don't know what help it took to 'earn' one of these armor sets but I should've known better than to get my hopes up.

After working at a Planet Calypso exhibition stand for a weekend last year, I was pretty disappointed. Not only did the day suck (spent all day cramming game disc's down uninterested punters throats), but those involved didn't get so much as a thanks from FPC/MA.

I wasn't expecting anything for my time (although TBH I wasn't expecting to spend the day working either), but I found out on the day that all of the disc's were paid for by some of the guys (players) at the exhibition. I was troubled enough by MA not sending anyone to represent them and having us explain everything to the crowds, but to hear they had such little involvement in the stand surprised me.

As I said, I wasn't expecting a reward or anything, but a thanks wouldn't go astray. We were trying to get them more customers after all.

I haven't read this thread yet so I don't know who or why anyone has got this thankyou gift, but I sure know I haven't.

Not that I was expecting one. I just wonder what it takes.

Thanks for hearing my rant, rarely happens. ;)

Wow ok. So I don't know what help it took to 'earn' one of these armor sets but I should've known better than to get my hopes up.

After working at a Planet Calypso exhibition stand for a weekend last year, I was pretty disappointed. Not only did the day suck (spent all day cramming game disc's down uninterested punters throats), but those involved didn't get so much as a thanks from FPC/MA.

I wasn't expecting anything for my time (although TBH I wasn't expecting to spend the day working either), but I found out on the day that all of the disc's were paid for by some of the guys (players) at the exhibition. I was troubled enough by MA not sending anyone to represent them and having us explain everything to the crowds, but to hear they had such little involvement in the stand surprised me.

As I said, I wasn't expecting a reward or anything, but a thanks wouldn't go astray. We were trying to get them more customers after all.

I haven't read this thread yet so I don't know who or why anyone has got this thankyou gift, but I sure know I haven't.

Mojoswoptops, if you were working one of the conventions in Australia, I believe that booth was run by Deathifier with money out of his own pocket, since the Ambassador program was stopped prior to that.

MA sent no reps because it was run by a player, for players and had no official ties to MA/FPC at all.

I'm sorry if you didn't have fun, but it sounds like the booth was run exactly the same way as if it had been an official MA booth (having worked two of those myself) The entire point was always to promote EU to new players, and yeah, it's work. Sorry to hear you misunderstood the reason for those booths and din't enjoy yourself. Personally, those convention times are some of the best memories I've received from this entertainment part of my life.

As for these gifts, they were essentially Mentor Edition items for those who participated in the 2nd part of the Cryengine mentoring program.

was for guide program I and its worth dunno, 2 maybe 3k peds
the gun itself is rather useless
no SIB, slow reload, low dps as all marbers
anything that may need tagging will regen faster than you can deal damage with it pretty much

I wouldn't mind one for free if you say it sucks ;)

It was the second most powerful plasma rifle. It was better than the lootable ones at the time. (Also keep in mind since mentor program has been down, there has been no way to get fox ME either.)

This is the stats I have on it, with enhancers and eamp14 (yeah sucky amp, but as I see it the best compromize when it comes to dmg/sec and cost on "energy weapons"):

plasma_stats.jpg

View image in gallery

It's not ideal for normal hunting but "it's the best I got". A weapon like ML35+dante is probably more useful, but on the other hand way more expensive.
When hunting regen mobs (=spiders), it's good for long range tagging where there are lots of other spiders nearby you dont' want to get close to and cliffs that makes it impossible to get good lookout points.

For me, basically any decent non(L) items would be welcome. Though, kind'a honestly, an armor isn't on top of my whishlist now ;) (I know ghost suck, but it's what I got as best normal armor - and it works somewhat.)

If someone has one for sale for 2k let me know, since I need a second one for tiering. It's ready to be tiered up, but it's nearly impossible to do it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind one for free if you say it sucks ;)

It was the second most powerful plasma rifle. I

Actually itś the most eco (expect that cempwell P3 thingie) plasma gun/rifle out their (if maxed your skills)

But none of the guides where really interesed in that. For all i care i could have been a t-shirt.

Actually itś the most eco (expect that cempwell P3 thingie) plasma gun/rifle out their (if maxed your skills)

But none of the guides where really interesed in that. For all i care i could have been a t-shirt.

Tango is (theroretically) eco to, but I haven't looted any in like 4 years. :rolleyes: (And the SGA one was dropped from Daspletor)

Tango is (theroretically) eco to, but I haven't looted any in like 4 years. :rolleyes: (And the SGA one was dropped from Daspletor)

on max lvl the tanhe is 2.7 and the guide marber 2.9 dont you mean the fox?

FPC will release a new set of armor this week - the Community Recognition Award Armor. It will be awarded to members of the Calypso community that have worked with FPC and contributed to the development and maintenance of Planet Calypso.

Originally Posted Here

Candy to MA / FPC favorites.:D

It's not ideal for normal hunting but "it's the best I got". A weapon like ML35+dante is probably more useful, but on the other hand way more expensive.
When hunting regen mobs (=spiders), it's good for long range tagging where there are lots of other spiders nearby you dont' want to get close to and cliffs that makes it impossible to get good lookout points.

For me, basically any decent non(L) items would be welcome. Though, kind'a honestly, an armor isn't on top of my whishlist now ;) (I know ghost suck, but it's what I got as best normal armor - and it works somewhat.)

If someone has one for sale for 2k let me know, since I need a second one for tiering. It's ready to be tiered up, but it's nearly impossible to do it.
if that is the best you got, hunting spiders isn't available

generally, most of the mobs who have a higher aggro range than 60m (cause you can do those with several of the new MF chips, riker ul 2, or brave ME in case of some unL gun for example), have regen now

by the time the mob comes in range of your hunting weapon, any damage dealt with the marber will be gone

thus, although tagging for trox etc is interesting, the use as tagger is mediocre

for normal hunting the lack of SIB makes it fairly useless

imo, for hunting the damage is either too low or reload to slow (let alone all the misses and then waiting for several seconds til you can fire again)

wont sell it tho, i dont sell gifts/rewards usually

Mojoswoptops, if you were working one of the conventions in Australia, I believe that booth was run by Deathifier with money out of his own pocket, since the Ambassador program was stopped prior to that.

MA sent no reps because it was run by a player, for players and had no official ties to MA/FPC at all.

I'm sorry if you didn't have fun, but it sounds like the booth was run exactly the same way as if it had been an official MA booth (having worked two of those myself) The entire point was always to promote EU to new players, and yeah, it's work. Sorry to hear you misunderstood the reason for those booths and din't enjoy yourself. Personally, those convention times are some of the best memories I've received from this entertainment part of my life.

As for these gifts, they were essentially Mentor Edition items for those who participated in the 2nd part of the Cryengine mentoring program.

Hey mate, yeah I believe it was funded by a player too, but that doesn't mean I think MA shouldn't have come to the party a bit more. Don't get me wrong, I had fun meeting some guys I'd known for a long time in game and I was fully expecting to work. I guess a thanks is something MA finds hard to bestow upon people willing to help THEM out.

If Deathi did finance the booth is irrelevent. It wasn't as if we were promoting Treasure Island. We were promoting Planet Calypso.

MA should help us help them, as usual.

In regards to this 'gift', hey, sincere grats to the hard working n00b helpers that earned one. You guys deserve it. :thumbup:

I didn't get much from the 2008 Go3, which had been financed by MA. Other than disgruntled, uninterested people either :rolleyes:

Loved being there and meeting everyone. Had a great time. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you mate :(

But as I said, I got paid at that one, but something extra, ingame, wouldn't have gone astray ;) But I'm not greedy by definition:cool:

Hmm I thought for sure Ambassadors might have gotten them.

Please make it untradeable :p

Definitely not. One of the most encouraging things about this game is that there aren't a lot of opportunities that can be missed, you can have anything you put your mind (and possibly your wallet) to. I think making untradable items would be a bad direction to take with the game.

There are many that roam the planet doing good deeds and even more that have benefited from such work. Ask a number of new players and check their friends list and I am sure so regular names would pop up.

Does a piece of armour that gets traded when times get tough really reflect the attributes of such key community members? Many of these individuals play and find that they gain a higher sense of enjoyment from assisting those new to the game and the joy of sometimes bestowing a gift on a player who does not ask for one but is overwhelmed by it on receipt even something as small as a few ped.

A simple survey could be conducted whereby individuals nominate a Player for a reward point with one nomination getting you a mention, a second getting you in the running for the honour of being recognised amongst your peers. Any player with two or more nominations then gets ranked by the total number of nominations above two.

To nominate, the player must be:
  1. Not of the same society membership or in a related society to the player for nomination.
  2. Players can only provide 3 nominations annually for the annual recognition survey.
  3. These 3 nominations are to be made for 3 different players.
  4. Must provide a brief statement on the assistance given and maybe classified (with weighting given to each) be it guidance, donation, rescue, support etc.

The first point stops large society's or those with sister societies gaining unfair advantage and if you think about it the membership should be helping out other members anyway...isnt that why we all join one? Recognition by our society is a mute point in my view.
The second point provides players with an opportunity to recognise 3 significant times of assistance throughout a full calendar year and so means that when one of these three nominations is made that it was a significant moment and those nominating may wish to think about their vote else risk missing another worthy action later in the year or more significant than those actions that they just react to.
Point 3 - no brainer..
And the fourth point is to weight maybe non-financial assistance over donations and giveaways that provide new players with unrealistic expectations and make them lazy on ways of working for rewards in game.

Just my thoughts on something that comes to some of us as second nature but if people feel they need to be named then I think those nominating should get a physical reward whereas the player nominated gets the honour of being award a recognition award that will be recognised in the forum (honour bar for forum ava) and known by their peers in game which would last longer and remain with the original player longer than any item may.

Bags :tiphat:

Hmm I thought for sure Ambassadors might have gotten them.
Ya Right, Come on Lynn, They arnt gonna give us Ambassadors anything for all the hard work we do to promote this game :laugh:

i want to help you guys so get in contact with me !!! don't be shy

Back