Compusmurf & SoftHart - "Fun & Feisty"

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
1-cs-profilehdr.jpg

Every now and then, our virtual universe produces some pretty unique individuals who add colors that just have to be experienced. This week’s Wednesday’s Who’s Who is a kaleidoscope of colors that dance across the page like a Crayola factory explosion.

It’s one thing to be a real life couple, but add to that the dimension of a virtual world, and one finds some interesting and crazy experiences. One might question just how much of real life togetherness transfers into a virtual environment and what challenges may be encountered.

THE CONNECTION

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/8/6/2a-cs-comp.jpg[/wrap] Comp and Softy are a real life couple living in Florida USA who actually met outside of Entropia, but still on the internet. Comp said that after they had chatted a while online, Softy invited him to #69 with her. "Boy was I excited and hopeful," says Comp, "but alas, that was just the name of the IRC channel, and had NOTHING to do with, well, you know."

Softy’s version? She says that they both had signed up with Friend Finder (before it had became Adult Friend Finder), and after connecting and chatting a while, "they realized that only half a mile divided them." Eventually, they started seeing each other, and around 6 months later, they moved in together. Softy shares that "we have been together for about 11 years now."

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/8/6/3a-cs-softy_333026.jpg[/wrap] Not sure why it took so long, but on Sep 27th this year, Comp took the plunge and proposed to Softy. It was all part of an elaborate scheme to disguise an End of Summer Party at Deathifier’s castle to throw Softy off. Several fellow Entropians were recruited to work behind the scenes with Comp to help make this surprise proposal a success. A larger than normal crowd gathered at the castle, and not long into the partying, MA Guide Simon assisted with a public announcement that everyone should gather in the courtyard. It was then that Deathifier took the two gigantium signs that Comp had created, and placed one above the front gate entrance, and one above the large staircase leading to the pool on the veranda.

5a-cs-sign-b_199494.jpg
4a-cs-sign-a_729360.jpg

Needless to say, Softy was overwhelmed as the real life proposal took place at the same time. If you missed this incredibly festive and celebratory party, you can get a glimpse of it here and here in the two videos that were produced for them as a remembrance of their special moment.

19a-cs-gratz.jpg

While they are reluctant to share real life photos, they do invite us in to share in bits and pieces of what makes them an enduring couple. Perhaps it’s their sense of humor that diffuses any of the real life challenges that most couples encounter, or maybe they’re just that balanced and have found the key to longevity. Playing in a virtual world together can surely add a dimension of flavor and color that keeps it interesting, and perhaps too, their Entropia experiences provide a shared outlet that only enhances the potential for success. Let’s see how they do it.

Comp is a Network Engineer by trade (aka Professional Geek). He has a teenage daughter who also has an Entropia account that he oversees when she plays, but says, "she doesn’t find the game that interesting, and will play for an hour or two before wandering off." Softy works at a college in one of the computer labs, and has two children of her own, but "won’t reveal their ages because it would give mine away," she says.

STEPPING INTO A NEW ADVENTURE

"Like many of my generation," says Comp (and not saying what generation that is), "I’d heard rumblings about this virtual space station, and after reading an article, I had to know more." Comp admits to playing in other VRML and virtual worlds in the past, but "Project Entropia definitely looked interesting, so I officially signed up on November 11, 2005," declares Comp. It was Veteran’s Day, and "as a veteran," he says, "I had the day off and needed something to do, so off I went on my adventure."

Softy said that she had heard about Project Entropia from Comp, and knew that he had been spending a great deal of time in the game. It was "one day in November 2006 that the topic came up," according to Softy, "and Comp mentioned that I should try the game. I figured that if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em." Comp’s in game name, Larry “Compusmurf” Wright is a combination of his real life name, along with a nickname that he acquired when he was 10 years old. He says, "I’ve not only been a computer geek for a long time, but love the colors black and blue, and besides, I’m also short in real life." Softy’s in game name, Compusmurfs “SoftHart” Lover is a no-brainer, and perhaps a clear message to those who might otherwise pursue her to keep their distance?

6a-cs-eu-anniv.jpg

REAL LIFE / VIRTUAL WORLD CROSSOVER

"EU has permeated our lives," says Comp, and "can’t say if it’s good or bad. We’ve chatted about it while dining out, driving, or just whenever. I’m sure some folks who overhear us probably think we’re nuts. They would be correct. She is nuts …"

Softy shares that it’s great being a couple in EU, and believes that they respect each other’s views on things. However, also says that "they do talk a lot about society issues, and while they may agree on things for the most part, there are times they don’t."

"I disagree? You kidding?," says Comp, "Last time I disagreed with her she offered to feed me to one of her pets," (more on that later), "and when I didn’t sucker for that ploy, she whipped me, then tried to blow me back to CND with her grenade launcher." Softy just laughs and says that Comp "has some underlying issues he needs to deal with."

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/8/6/7a-cs-softy.jpg[/wrap] Softy does consider herself lucky though, because when she joined, Comp gave her a lot of stuff to start off with, and says if he hadn’t, she most likely wouldn’t be playing now. Seems her good fortune also carries over to loot since Comp has more luck with it and shares. "That’s a good thing," she says, "because I like dressing up my avi, and probably where most of my PEDs go."

She admits that there are times when EU can interfere with real life, but thinks it’s funny because it was the reason she signed up to begin with since Comp had been spending so much time in the game. Now, the tables are turned, and it is she who spends more time in game. "He has created a monster," she says.

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/8/6/8a-cs-comp.jpg[/wrap] Comp shares that he’s more skilled in EU than Softy, but also quick to share that "If I say something like that for real life, well, bad things will happen to me. I will have to say though, that she has spent a lot of time customizing her avatar, her clothing, and her general appearance. Me, I went for the disgusting slovenly look. All Hail The Hippy!!!"

HOME AWAY FROM HOME

While Comp had experience with three failed societies, he’s actually one of the original founders of his current society, Skillin’ Villains, a well-known, and very reputable soc within Entropia. He said, "The society started by accident, beginning with a casual trade at Port Atlantis, a ‘help me’ request from a crappy outpost, and casual conversation here and there." As a natural progression, "Everyone ended up on each other’s friend list, and rather than crowding another society, we decided to start one of our own."

The society is military-based because Comp spent 8-1/2 years in the Army, and he was quite familiar with how the ranking system worked. "Even though the ranks don’t help you in the game,” he says, “they help to define progression and promotion within the soc for certain tasks completed." The soc name comes from the constant skilling of current Leader, Twitchie, and "lack of having a dictionary or thesaurus available," says Comp, "Villains was the only thing I could think of at the time." The soc was created on December 11, 2005 and will soon celebrate its third year anniversary.

Softy says she joined Skillin’ Villains as soon as she signed up for an account, and because it was Comp’s society. "I have never been in another society, and never had any intention to go anywhere else. The people there are great, and I consider them part of the family."

"And you better not either," says Comp, "You aren’t allowed! (let the beatings begin)."

"Allowed?," laughs Softy, "I may not be able to kick his butt in EU, but real life is a different story." There was a smile in there I think, right?

A DABBLE HERE, A DABBLE THERE, AND GETTING EVEN

Comp used to be a hunter, a crafter, and a miner, and even has quite a few unlocks in each profession, but there was a period of time when he wasn’t sure he was going to continue playing. He had actually sold out most of his skills, and says, while he pretty much only hunts now, "I’m not chasing the big hof, I’m not that ‘efficient.’ I play for fun and hope to break even. I’m not nearly as active as I used to be, but I’m still on 2-4 times a week."

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/8/6/9a-cs-softy.jpg[/wrap] Softy says she "wanted to try everything," and while she dabbled in mining and crafting, mining is boring, so she doesn’t do that too often. She shares that she’s "skilling on coloring now at the suggestion of Comp since there are not many in the society very skilled at it," but admits that, "it’s slow going and I’m only at level 14." However, she has also taken up texturizing (nice job on the outfit btw), and "recently achieved the unlock at level 5." She enjoys hunting, and does that the most, but states, "I get upset with the loot."

"Upset?," laughs Comp, "Understatement of the decade! Ask her how she vents her frustrations at killing soc mates with her pets . . .

After catching her breath from hysterical laughter, she said, "OMG, I had invited our current General, Twitchie, to Omegatron West Habitat for a smartass remark he had made earlier, but I had a Falx there waiting. Didn’t take long for the white dot to appear." She said she was laughing so hard she almost pee’d her pants, and was surprised she hadn’t been knocked down to recruit that night.

WELCOME TO FUN AND FEISTY

During the photo shoot, Softy was only too happy to introduce us to her pets, and give us an example of how playful they are . . .

10a-cs-falx.jpg

Softy’s explanation? "A game is supposed to be fun, and sometimes it’s hard to enjoy the game when the loot is so bad, so you have to make your own fun." Seems Softy also likes to play tag with the Falx, and has at times dragged them into town, but says, "hopefully in doing so, I haven’t pissed anyone off."

11a-cs-softyfalx_397928.jpg
12a-cs-compfalx_701722.jpg

Softy also has another activity she engages in quite often, and one that finds Comp a spectator. Apparently, she has this love affair going on with grenade and rocket launchers, and can be found hanging out at the Twin Peaks ring now and then, but "mostly dying," says Comp, and has fun watching the action. Yet again, Softy offered up a demonstration at the Corinth Octagon that clearly showed no mercy, not to mention a few surprises . . .

13a-cs-mooniecomp_661646.jpg
14a-cs-softycomp_942013.jpg

SPECIAL MOMENTS

Virtual life together as a couple presents expanded opportunities to enjoy each other’s company. Whether sneaking a fireside chat at Deathifier’s castle, or enjoying an intimate swim off the pier at Corinth beach, play dates take on a whole new meaning. They are not short on adventure or ideas to enhance their game play, and make it their mission to often be quite creative.

15a-cs-compsofty_868550.jpg
16a-compsofty_95768.jpg

Both have invested time, effort, and of course finances in the game, but what keeps them coming back are the great friendships they’ve made. There’s also a sense of family with the society. They are concerned however, that new graphics and new items going into the next dimension of game play won’t keep players if loot profit percentages don’t change. Both are big fans of the game Crysis, and are looking forward to seeing what MindArk does with the transition to CE2.

At the end of the day, their perspectives are diverse, yet often similar, but when it’s all said and done, the clarity of their views speak volumes . . .

17a-softycomp.jpg

18a-cs-softycomp_75554.jpg

Special Thanks To: - Moonie (Blood Moon) ... Co-Photographer

Two of a kind. :) Could not be happier for u 2. Hope all of us are as lucky as u 2 getting the ultimate ATH.:yay:

Very nice article MS9!

I'm super happy I got to meet these two. Larry was my mentor. I started the game 2 or 3 weeks after he did, having read the same CND article that also got my interest. Larry was my man in PA. He bought my noob hunting loots at a very fair price. I had several mentor offers, but none felt right. Larry offered and I felt "this guy is serious and honest" so I signed up. He was a great mentor. I still wear the baseball cap he bought me when I finally graduated. :D He even colored it in the colors of my favorite university - University of Michigan.

Some of the friends think it's very odd that I've traded open invites to our homes with someone I've never seen IRL - other than webcam, chats, phone calls, etc. BTW, if you ever webcam with Larry, turn down your gamma!! There's some serious glare reflecting off the top of that melon!! :laugh: Shoot, I've told Larry things I never told my mom. LOL

When Softy joined the game and the Soc, we got the other half of Larry which just made it even better. Softy is awesome and it's great having both of them on at the same time. Softy is getting good at coloring and happily colors my stuff green when she's skillin'. :)

I'm thank God I met Larry in PA 3 years ago. Knowing him has been nothing but great. Knowing Softy has been almost as good - Larry never lured me into a Falx trap for commenting on his fettish with Daikiba pee. ;) I couldn't figure out why it was taking so long to come up - I TP'd in and was dead before the white was gone. :eek:

Two great people. I'm greatful to have them as friends and I wish them luck in their marriage - 'bout time Larry got the cojenes and popped the question. :bowdown: :D

A beautiful article! I was fortunate enough to witness the event at the castle. More CND babies done good! :)

Great storytelling as always MS9. The proposal was certainly a memorable event in EU's history - I wish Comp and Softy all the best as they plan the big day :)

Perfect!!!

as always . . .

;>

Congratulations

May your DNA mix produce a RL all time high many times.:wtg:

What a fantastic article about my wonderful friends and socmates :)

Don't know them, but the article is objective and gives a view of what we already know, there are a lot of interesting people in eu :) Also it is great to see so many couple's ingame, happy people. Great article!

nice written article.
nice pair of individuals it seems as well.
:yay::yay::yay:

Congratulaions to the Couple....We had a great time!
MS9 excellent footage of the party! Thank you for having me!​

wow........awesome article man.....ehe.......and GRATZ to the couple:)

+rep

Congratz again Softy and Smurf!

I wish you guys both all the love and prosperity in the world both real and virtual. Its nice to see something good come up every now and then and this is one of those things.

Good article MS9. This one has more details about the people and not just the avatars. Its good to learn something a little closer to heart about the people you meet in EU.

wow, congratulations!!:yay: Pity i missed the event :(

Great Article MS9. Gratz on your marriage Compusmurf and softy.

I still remember the time Larry helped me claim a small dianum behind the enemy lines of Feffs at Fort Fury.

I love my daddy Smurf and step mom aint so bad either *big family hugs*!!!

Brilliant article about two great people, well done to everyone :)

- Deathifier

Realy nice article, as always, Miss 9 :)

Fantastic writeup MS9,

Legendary stuff as always :)

Good Luck for your special day and Best Wishes for the future Soft & Comp

:shower: :shower: :shower:

Sparkz

great story ms9. i have been a member of skillin villains since about a week after i started and enjoyed every minute of it ;) much to the thanks of these two great people :)

Congratulations and what a very fine couple and addition to EU and real life.

May the big day be very special and foretell a long happy and prosperous loving relationship! + multi bambini = compusofties :D

I've been waiting for 'a proposal of marriage' to occur in my EU time!
Unfortunately I could not attend this one as it seemed very special!

It seems such a humbling experience to be part of a betrothal in such a large community as EU and to party that special moment with Softy and Comp :yay:

MS9 as always an absolutely warm, human and eloquently expressed story. I love the last pic's in the circles they tell a true story I can relate too about relationships :D

I'll add its my 21st wedding anniversary coming up on the 4th of March and its been pure a pleasure to have a soul mate and of course the little twin Xaph DNA's, both who cannot wait to hit 13 to join dad~Xaph in game;)

Great great story MS9 :)
I'm very happy for these 2 :) :yay:

Very nice written MS9 and what a wonderful story :yay:

And GL to Comp and Soft, wish you the best ;)

Wish my future husband would do the same :ahh:

Very nice article MS9.

Compu and Softy are two fantastic people that I am lucky I have got the oppertunity to know. I still remember when I was a little noob, that Oleg (my mentor) fixed me up to meet Larry, who was then socleader, to buy my first batch of ME. I was so nervous to meet one of the "topdawgs". Turned out he was one hell of a guy and nothing to be scared of at all. Softy are one of the first females I met ingame and she can be a bit chatty at times :) Since Compu and Softy have decided to get married, I guess I have to stop flirting with her though...

I wish you all the best!

Rico

Great article and wonderful story!

All the best to this new official couple :yay:

Kerham,
property of Kahina

Thank you all for all the wonderful comments :) I would also like to Thank Mindstar for doing such a wonderful job on the article and the extra time she spent customizing the pictures and the word art.

greatjob.gif

Back