Conspiracy Time!

LeWolf86

Stalker
Society
Tax Collectors
Garrett MrEarth Clark
Ok well not really...

But anyone else really curious why ND is selling such a golden investment? This thing is paying out probably $120,000-$160,000 and with a bit more management has potential to go up a bit from there....

Now... I know ND is selling this to focus on RT and build that up.... but...

What is worrisome is that CND is being sold so that ND can turn RT into something greater.... I dont think ND would sell the biggest investment just to "work" on RT.... CND is solid... why ditch the golden investment to work on something that is maybe at best currently a diamond in the rough....

Now some people obviously think ND knows some of the "inner workings" what if RT turns its mining into CND style? I dont know.... whoever buys CND is now going to be competing vs ND working with MA to turn RT into something big.

Personally I dont care as I dont plan to go to RT due to cost, and CND has nothing for me... but itd suck if someone bought CND only to find out RT is getting something every miner wants....

Either way I wish all those involved the best luck... just doesn't make sense to sell something that would pay its new market value off in 3-5yrs since ND seems to be commited to the long term.

Last edited:
Perhaps because RT has a much larger potential for income in the long term but needs a large cash injection to get it there,something that the straight income from CND cant offer but the sale of the asset can.

It happens all the time that companies sell of subsidiaries in order to further invest and expand on core operations because they have a potential for larger and faster growth.

Would you rather have 5% of loots or 50% of loots (hypothetically speaking)?

If you can get 50% share of the revenue... why stuck cash in something that need constant refueling of growth molecules and only gets 4~5% taxes return.. and at the same time worrying about new DNA and other LA owner's tax, events...

Neverdie rather put all his resources to RT, it will be his own kingdom and he can earn more cash at a much higher lvl than his former competitors...stream line his operations.

And again, and again, and again...

ND posted tax estimates - around 160-180k peds a month... I doubt he can really develop 2 planets with that kind of investments, so he is selling to get a few hundred K dollars to support the development.

Would you rather have 5% of loots or 50% of loots (hypothetically speaking)?

This answer is very wrong, even hypothetically.

Anyway, my take on it is that he wants to reinvest the money because CND is in a competitors planet system. Improving CND would be helping your competitor.

This answer is very wrong, even hypothetically.

Anyway, my take on it is that he wants to reinvest the money because CND is in a competitors planet system. Improving CND would be helping your competitor.

Why?
So you wouldn't rather have a large chunk of decay as opposed to 5% tax?
Because that's essentially what's at stake.
The (hopefully) successful future of an entire planet, securing large decay, whose success is reliant mainly on your own ability to (fund) effective marketing strategies and product development.
Or...
Stay onboard your 5% rock, with little control over anything and risk not having enough capital to effectively grow his planet.

Are you saying ND isn't selling CND to focus on the (potential massive yield) RT situation as opposed to trying to manage both with thin spread finances, in your opinion*?

*remember this is only my opinion/thoughts too, I don't know ND or his reasons, nor do most which is why a thread like this pops up with speculation.

Why?
So you wouldn't rather have a large chunk of decay as opposed to 5% tax?
Because that's essentially what's at stake.
The (hopefully) successful future of an entire planet, securing large decay, whose success is reliant mainly on your own ability to (fund) effective marketing strategies and product development.
Or...
Stay onboard your 5% rock, with little control over anything and risk not having enough capital to effectively grow his planet.

Are you saying ND isn't selling CND to focus on the (potential massive yield) RT situation as opposed to trying to manage both with thin spread finances, in your opinion*?

*remember this is only my opinion/thoughts too, I don't know ND or his reasons, nor do most which is why a thread like this pops up with speculation.

Unless I am terribly mistaking and tax is capped at 5%, the tax can be set to any amount. With the shared income model from MA, you can't. You can only indirectly try to get people to decay more.

The other reasons you give are much better though ;).

Has the thought occured to anyone what if he make cnd 2 on rocktopia?

More $$$ for him if he ever did. :hammer:

Unless I am terribly mistaking and tax is capped at 5%, the tax can be set to any amount. .

I believe LA tax has a max setting of 10%.

And I think we can all agree what would happen to CND if it had a 10% tax...
<tumbleweed>
* .. * ..... * ........* ....
</tumbleweed>

Yup, so we can conclude that you rather have 5% of loot than 10%, let alone 50% :eek:

Yup, so we can conclude that you rather have 5% of loot than 10%, let alone 50% :eek:

Yeah but the reason for the "hypothetically" in my sentence was that in reality, instead of 5% of loot, he could potentially be getting a large portion of decay (I guessed 50% and said loot to make the question quicker, though I don't know the real figures off-hand).
Decay is far more than loot, can we all agree on that? Input is far more than output, right?
If that's the case (which it is) then you can see quite easily that only silly buggers would choose 5% loot tax on an asteroid owned by a planet partner, as opposed to taking a potentially large portion of all decay, on a planet you own yourself.

That was the point of my question, though you already knew that...

keyword: potentially... without the effort, it'll never happen. Focus is best achieved when there's only one thing to focus on. And ND knows better than most here, that with no risk (potential) there's no reward (more PED than CND can provide).

Perhaps because RT has a much larger potential for income in the long term but needs a large cash injection to get it there,something that the straight income from CND cant offer but the sale of the asset can.

It happens all the time that companies sell of subsidiaries in order to further invest and expand on core operations because they have a potential for larger and faster growth.

In order to realise this potential you must have a solid customer base for the new venture.

Selling CND does not provide this. I think he is betting a little here.

Being that his entire (real) world exists because of a pretty big bet, in a (virtual) world of big betting... I'd guess that ND is a gambling man ;)

Yeah but the reason for the "hypothetically" in my sentence was that in reality, instead of 5% of loot, he could potentially be getting a large portion of decay (I guessed 50% and said loot to make the question quicker, though I don't know the real figures off-hand).
Decay is far more than loot, can we all agree on that? Input is far more than output, right?
If that's the case (which it is) then you can see quite easily that only silly buggers would choose 5% loot tax on an asteroid owned by a planet partner, as opposed to taking a potentially large portion of all decay, on a planet you own yourself.

That was the point of my question, though you already knew that...

keyword: potentially... without the effort, it'll never happen. Focus is best achieved when there's only one thing to focus on. And ND knows better than most here, that with no risk (potential) there's no reward (more PED than CND can provide).

The only real reason is to cut the middle man, FPC. In that sense you can get a larger piece of the pie. But with your own planet you can not magically make people pay a lot more, because they just won't come to your planet then. Just like increasing tax on CND will also make people go elsewhere.

And no, loot is not less than decay as ammo and bombs are not decay. In fact, we don't know what part of decay is recycled in loot and which is not. And I don't think a planet partner can influence that either. It is MA's bussiness model, and they dictate the mechanics.

In order to realise this potential you must have a solid customer base for the new venture.

Well it could if the capitol is invested into advertising to the right audiences like he has done with the sale of one of the castles or citadels or what ever it is to vampirefreaks.com.
That might bring in some users...or not.

The whole venture is one big bet really,you could say he's already got his money on the table and selling CND to further that 'bet' is just doubling down.

It all depends on how he spends it whether that gives him the user base to realise its potential or not.

Then there is the potential of the studio itself to consider and he may be able to expand on that as well.

Either way I think the income from CND is chicken feed compared to what both of these things can potentially earn for him.

The only real reason is to cut the middle man, FPC. In that sense you can get a larger piece of the pie. But with your own planet you can not magically make people pay a lot more, because they just won't come to your planet then. Just like increasing tax on CND will also make people go elsewhere.

And no, loot is not less than decay as ammo and bombs are not decay. In fact, we don't know what part of decay is recycled in loot and which is not. And I don't think a planet partner can influence that either. It is MA's bussiness model, and they dictate the mechanics.

Essentially I was saying that he's probably selling his small piece of Calypso, so he can better build his own Calypso(s), and hand pieces out.
Why own a 'piece' when (with a little funds) you can make your own 'whole'?

And decay is more than loot. If it wasn't, then MA would be bankrupt and remember, we're talking TT here, not markup. I don't know exactly what 'decay' means when MA said they take their portion in decay and auction fees (or whatever that quote was) but, it is only logical that a slice of all decay (and whatever else may be inclusive) on a planet, if made to be successful, will amount to a #@$*)& load more PED than CND makes.
And if, to get that #%*)(& load more PED, means he needs to sell off CND to fund it, then that's what he needs to do.
Unless ofcourse you think, say for example, 1/4 all income (for MA) on Calypso (FPC piece) wouldn't amount to more than the 5% tax on CND?
:loco:
... because IF (big if) RT ever got a population rivaling Calypso's then that's what he's looking at. That certain % of ALL income generated on that planet, whether it be from ammo, decay or used champagne bottles...
The point is, there's potentially a helluva lot more money in the success of RT and ND Studios than there ever could be in CND alone and I am guessing that aside from the obvious competition (RT->FPC) he could probably use a bit of a $$ topup.

Sure, it's a bit of a gamble, but if he don't gamble, he may never get that #$@*( load more PED and forever be on CND paper....

ps: this is basically entirely speculation based loosely on bits of information and logic I do not claim it to be actual fact

Last edited:
You misunderstand what I was saying and I can't be bothered going into why because a: I know you'd agree if you understood anyway, and, b: this will become 10 pages of bs ending with a "yeah that's exactly what I was saying"..."oh" like half the other threads in here.
lol

Could well be, but it is not the first time I read the "would you take 5% or 50%" remark. It is probably more like "would you take 5% or 8%", as the income from decay is not that huge. Many logs shown a ROI of about 95%, so there is only about 5% to share between MA and the planet partner.

See this post as general correction of this misconception ;).

Has anyone in this thread made investments even remotly as successfull as ND's?

Have any of you bought a virtual bloddy egg just to sell it a few years later att a huge profit.

He bought CND. He has made a shitload of cash and now he is selling it (probably for a lot more than he bought it for) and STILL there are wannabies that think they know business better than he does.

Put your money where your mouths are and get back to me when you earn more playing a friggin mmorpg than you ever will working irl. Because as far as i know there is only a handfull of players doing that and none of them comment on ND's buisness choises.

Isn't it time to start doubting him and realise that maybe, just maybe he knows what he is doing?

Has anyone in this thread made investments even remotly as successfull as ND's?

Have any of you bought a virtual bloddy egg just to sell it a few years later att a huge profit.

He bought CND. He has made a shitload of cash and now he is selling it (probably for a lot more than he bought it for) and STILL there are wannabies that think they know business better than he does.

Put your money where your mouths are and get back to me when you earn more playing a friggin mmorpg than you ever will working irl. Because as far as i know there is only a handfull of players doing that and none of them comment on ND's buisness choises.

Isn't it time to start doubting him and realise that maybe, just maybe he knows what he is doing?

You obviously work behind closed doors with ND and MA too passing around inside knowledge, why else would you talk against the hordes AND live in Sweden?!
/minime pinky pose

ps: conspiracy thread remember!?

500k in the hand now is better for someone investing in a new project than 150k a year. why is this difficult for people to understand?

the theory that Rocktopia mining will become "cnd like" is missing two important points: first Rocktopia is already deployed and unlikly to change and secondly would compete against Calypso, in which MA retains a 100% interest as sole owner of FPC.

I think there is a huge difference between CND and a New Planet.
On CND, even this place makes a lot of money everyday, you cannot do what you want on it.
This is a place with 20 domes, some buildings and a shop center.
You "just" have to take care about the Growth molecules for each dome and make your own advertisment to attrackt people on your rock (like some big events everybody knows)

With a New Planet, you have to create everything.
You have to find a professionnal team to create what you have in mind, you have to create your mobs, and some stuff, you have to create The History of your Planet and make this planet the best for years.
ND is not only a bisnessman he is an artist and so, he have to create to be happy.
This opportunity to create his own world is just wonderfull for someone like him.
ND is building a world and give us the keys to enter his world, it's really something great to do and he will be a pionneer.
So, selling CND is a fucking great idea.
Everywhere on Earth, if you want to make a great ads, you have to pay, ND will be the first to do a BIG advertisment which cost him nothing, oh no sorry this ads will give him some 1.000.000 $ maybe less, maybe more but he will earn money.

This is my opinion :)

I dont know.... If I made an investment that continued to pay a solid dividend... yes $160,000 is a great yearly return investment as it would easily set me up for life as a non working middle class person.... Then I wouldn't fuck with it...

What Id do is take a bank loan... as we all know interest rates are low.... then invest that into the venture as I believe interest rates can be a tax deductible if hes claiming anything from EU as tax.... and then you keep CND as a cash flow... and then you use the loaned money to invest into RT.... worse case scenario if RT goes belly up you've still got a great investment with CND.....

Thats just my opinion... cause ATM I doubt RT is bringing in close to CND cash flow... and although we all believe 50% is what he gets from decay... we dont know the #'s really... and how much of decay etc etc... sure he'd have to make it earn a lot less to match CND.... but CND is prime atm....

I wouldn't sell my AAA bonds to invest in junk bonds in hopes that the junk bonds that aren't fully secure.

Anyways.... maybe he knows something maybe he dont.... all I know is new CND owner will be in competition with RT when ND puts all his focus on it... and we can guess with travel at $8 round trip that he will be focusing on bigger players.

I dont know.... If I made an investment that continued to pay a solid dividend... yes $160,000 is a great yearly return investment as it would easily set me up for life as a non working middle class person.... Then I wouldn't fuck with it...

Lets say rocktopia becomes as active as eu or close to it I am sure the income neverdie would bring in would make CND looking tiddly winks.

But who knows the future :eek:

What does it matter why ND is selling CND...

You ever think that money might be needed since he has been paying Employees to design and build RT for the past two years roughly with ZERO return from it because It took so long to open the galaxy? Im fairly sure the people doing the work for him dont work for free and nor do they come cheap since they are the first outside MA to do this.

As for MA making RT like CND mining wise that would sink the planet extremely fast. I dont see many people doing much mining on an open world if the chance of 100 + nrf is high like on CND.

Anyway like all things in game he has done he has risked the investment and ended with decent returns with little (at least known by me) failures in his plan. Im pretty sure he has a reason probably several to sell CND.

Be happy for the new owner and hope that person has the buisness sense to run it well and not just chase dollar signs with crazy moves like some of the new La owners do. Even like the Land Grab La's that just get max everything set and hope for a good return.

Conspiracy around the purchase conspiracy around the sale.....hmmmm :scratch: The reasons could be one or half dozen the other as my parents would say. Overall it will happen and those outside the loop can only speculate as to the reasons why.

Its not like one day we will see a post from MA or ND saying "I must confess...."

There will always be divided segments of the population those who view things on the "up and up" and those who can't help but feel like something doesn't add up. I think its human nature since I myself have been on both sides fence when it comes to both real and virtual life topics.

Money talk will always stir controversy especially when its big money and deals with something newish like RCE MMOs.

Maybe ND is lessening his exposure and making a little ped in the process. Maybe its about focusing on his major project at hand. Maybe there is something more or a little birdy told him something. I don't know and don't think I could ever say for sure. I only go by my gut and right now my gut tells me......:grumble: lol. Let the conspiracy ride my little droogies I'm off to watch A Clockwork Orange once again.

Posted via Mobile Device

What Id do is take a bank loan... as we all know interest rates are low.... then invest that into the venture as I believe interest rates can be a tax deductible if hes claiming anything from EU as tax.... and then you keep CND as a cash flow... and then you use the loaned money to invest into RT.... worse case scenario if RT goes belly up you've still got a great investment with CND.....
That's what you'd do.. not what an aspiring artist at the level that Neverdie is/wants to be is doing. Running a full time production studio has a heck of a lot more potential for future profits then playing a video game... especially when it's in the heart of Hollywood itself!... it's also a lot more costly but who cares. Would you keep your money in your savings making 1% interest when you could put it in to a real business that makes a heck of a lot more profit, and is a heck of a lot more fun?!?... CND is an old place, a place that hit the limits of its potential "as is" the day it was created - almost 5 years ago. A heck of a lot of stuff has happened in 5 years, and Neverdie knows that... he knows that staying on top means staying on the bleeding edge of technology and connections... doing that takes some cash, but pays out in the end sometimes, and even if it does not, it's a hell of a fun ride along the way. Why pretend to be a rockstar in a video game when he can be the real deal in real life (even if he did some not-too-smart things along the way like paying to play for the creative killing forces of Jango)?!?

What does it matter why ND is selling CND...

You ever think that money might be needed since he has been paying Employees to design and build RT for the past two years roughly with ZERO return from it because It took so long to open the galaxy? Im fairly sure the people doing the work for him dont work for free and nor do they come cheap since they are the first outside MA to do this.

As for MA making RT like CND mining wise that would sink the planet extremely fast. I dont see many people doing much mining on an open world if the chance of 100 + nrf is high like on CND.

Just playing around, no it doesn't really matter and I wish him and the new owner the best luck :).... but when you talk to some people... some people have suspicions and sometimes its fun to entertain the idea :).

Business' start with usually very little money... and thats why they get business loans to pay customers and such... and Im sure CND has made enough to help pay something... of course if hes deep in red then yes he might need funds... but I doubt it... thats what loans are for... and how many business start from nothing.

As for making RT like CND, very true... but at the same time... I dont see many noobs paying $4 (1 way) to go to a far away planet... but thats just me :)... I could easily see some high rollers going to another planet that has CND style mining with such a bigger area.... maybe not quite CND style... but then not quite planet style.

I was just saying the other day as I find mining boring, that MA should divide the current mining range in 1/2 along with the "field"... therefore claims are same occurance... but instead of going say 100m, you'd go 1/2 the distance... this would speed up mining and speed up expenditure... to me itd be a win win :D.

Back