Content Release 2010.3 Heads up

WEll, doesnt the new naz make the old mentor system obsolete? People who are still wanting to help can go there and catch the noobs, but from what I read no oldtimer has accesss to the naz and its area where noobs learn the tricks

Not really, as far in my understanding in new NAZ you will get a "taste of the game" basicly it will let you try mining/hunting/crafting at least that's what I think. If that is the case. It will save mentors time & effort to have to explain basicly all the proffessions for the newbies. We can instead, give advice on what to hunt.. where to mine why you shouldn't craft.. ( since more expensive )
Take them on tp runs. Hunt with them. Give advice to deposit 20 USD once in awhile, instead of sweating ( since game will get real boring that way) at least for most ppl.

Be the newbie's friend ^^ ect.. so no I don't think mentors will become obsolete. :yay:

Great new things for new players. :D

New missions !

Welcome to Calypso new colonist, your first mission is to kill 100,000 Snablesnot male! ;)

Neh, new mission would be for all who already passed NAZ.

Mission: Find coords of the new NAZ TP, run to it to add it to your map.
You must complete this mission to enter the NAZ during the "Open for all period."

TP run anyone ? :laugh:

New NAZ has arrived! I bet they have cloned enough Jotbots to support the new arrival area lol

MA cloned guidebots. :eek: If they are anything like that pile of junk MA have representing them as a news bot, the NAZ could easily look like this:

Noob1 "Can you help me please?"
Jotbot "Sure Noob1, come and chat with me."
Alicebot1 "Read my guide."
Alicebot2 "No, read my guide!"
Alicebot3 "Noob1, read my guide."
Jotbot "No need to read pages and pages just yet, I can answer your basic questions."
Alicebots "There are no questions, only answers! Read my guide!"
Notsuchanoob "I'll help you Noob1"
Ranphabot "Intruder Alert! Exterminate! Exterminate!" :handgun:
Notsuchanoob "Whoa! I only came to help!" :dodge:
Alicebots "Oh, you need help Notsuchanoob? Read my guide!"
Noob2 "Umm, I have a question about your guide Alicebot"
Alicebots "Is the answer in my guide?"
Noob2 "No, that's why I'm asking."
Alicebots "Is that the time? Got to run!"
JingiDaibot "Maybe I can help Noob2?"
Alicebots "You need help JingiDaibot? Read my guide!"
Guidebots :argue:
Noobs :hammer:

:D

Seriously though, I'm sure this will a great step in the right direction for helping new arrivals get to grips with our complex world. :)

That is of course if real people are used to help and not the useless MA cloned guidebots. :silly2:

Last edited:
WEll, doesnt the new naz make the old mentor system obsolete? People who are still wanting to help can go there and catch the noobs, but from what I read no oldtimer has accesss to the naz and its area where noobs learn the tricks

No no no no! A mentor system should be such that anybody can be a discple. If I'm a level 70 laser sniper, I would probably still be better off with a mentor if I decide to branch off into something I have never done before. Say texturing. Or mindforce. Or space pirating. Or any number of non-hunting related professions I have never done.

The NAZ in no way affects mentoring.

:rolleyes:
How do you expect mentors to contact their potential disciples when the mentors can`t come to the welcome area? .... :scratch2:

How do you expect mentors to contact their potential disciples when the mentors can`t come to the welcome area? .... :scratch2:

I expect them to contact them after they have exited the NAZ and in the process learned how you move left, jump, and most importantly, reconfigure the camera so that it looks away from the avatar, not at it ;) I don't expect mentors (or other real humans) to deal with issues that trivial.

Well I think after they are done in new NAZ ( done all missions & go through tp) they will end up in PA or something. So ppl that wanna contact their "potential disciples" can wait for them there :D

Adapt. ;)

I think the reason for this is that in the past you could see mentors fight
over newbies at the welcome area. Seen it happen how two mentors where in a discussion over who was the better mentor. :laugh:

Anyway newbies arrive in Port Atlantis I think after NAZ, that will most likely become the new meeting place for newbies and mentor.
I believe it's a great move from FPC and MIndark to give new players first time alone. ;)

in-game messages !!!! :yay::yay::yay:

uh? :scratch2:

the community requested in game warnings before the servers go down

last time MA just pulled the plug on the servers without warning

So the only way to check the new place is to have my "sister" make an account!? :D

So the only way to check the new place is to have my "sister" make an account!? :D

There is a week you can travel to it .. DOubt you hang there the whole time just to try it out then go back to the real world

Yes, during the open house week you can bring with you your normal stuff and participate in the tutorial missions. But it will not give you the "true experience" as the Gateway missions are created with the internal Gateway balance in mind.

u can visit too for a week

the community requested in game warnings before the servers go down

last time MA just pulled the plug on the servers without warning
:lolup:

Technician1: Omg man, lets shutdown the servers and implement new patch!
Technician2: Omg, I am so excited!
Technician1: Omg!
Technician2: Omg!
Technician1: Omg, did you do issued walls before shutdown?
Technician2: Omg, no..
Technician1: Omg!
Technician2: Omg!

u can visit too for a week
I totally missed that info. Thanks. Nice to atleast go check it out and flex my muscles a bit :D so that newcomers see what it´s all about..

No no no no! A mentor system should be such that anybody can be a discple. If I'm a level 70 laser sniper, I would probably still be better off with a mentor if I decide to branch off into something I have never done before. Say texturing. Or mindforce. Or space pirating. Or any number of non-hunting related professions I have never done.

Oh, I agree, there should be some sort of mentoring system, but I dunno how ma can stop noob hording for silly gifts... but I guess if it comes back there will be huge changes

they let us know sooner, they remind us todayay...god job MA/FPC keep up informing us like that !

Technician1: Omg, did you do issued walls before shutdown?

Simon was seen testing areas such as the walls, and was forced to talk to the cloned jotbots hundreds of times to go through everything. Hanne found him before she had to go in his office, depressed and crying sitting in a corner, going 'no more jotbot.. please... no more jotbot...'

Can't wait to hop on today to check this out. I haven't played in a few days. Even been not paying attention to EF! Guess I cam back just in time.

Simon was seen testing areas such as the walls, and was forced to talk to the cloned jotbots hundreds of times to go through everything. Hanne found him before she had to go in his office, depressed and crying sitting in a corner, going 'no more jotbot.. please... no more jotbot...'

You're a natural comedian; I'm crying here!

I never dealt much with the old mentoring system... but proud to know several players that mentor not because they have to (to get credit for something), but because they want to.

Old saying: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

Which can be tranlated to: "Give an Av some PED, make him happy for a minute. Teach an Av to fish, and he'll eat your bicycle....".:confused:

wait I mean: "Give an Av some PED, make him happy for a minute. Teach an Av to make PED, and he'll be happy/productive a long time... and teach others to be...".:yay:

old mentoring system...

Old mentoring system was, and probably will be: Give the av a ped, he will follow you for a while, untill he is attached to you. Throw him out, ignore him, untill you're ready to collect your big ped prize!

And its updating.....

Looks like 400-500 MB, if I calculated right.

Back