New material

py08jl

Old Alpha
Sometimes Leeds, Sometimes Hong Kong, Sometimes Lo
Society
Manticore
Sherly Shana-tan Nome
So checked auction after the update and saw these new sections under mining resources:

Alternative Ingot
Blues Ingot
Folk Ingot
Glam Ingot
Grunge Ingot
Hard Ingot
Jazz Ingot
Punk Ingot
Reggea Ingot
Techno Ingot

EDIT: yes there are enmatters too

Hurrucane Cocktail
Mai Tai Cocktail
Mojito Cocktail
Nirvana Cocktail
Pina Colada Cocktail

I dont think it takes a genius to figure out where to mines these ores.....

I think they are missing O.S.T. ingot....

what else they missing :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
they sound like RT ores so guess some bp's finally there...

Oh God... that planet is one big joke ffs :mad:.

I understand small portion of humor here and there (small spray sign a bit hidden that accords to something funny would be a good example) but whole planet based on this kind of humor is just... childish.

Falagor
:bandit:

I'll have Singapore sling or 2:)

I understand small portion of humor here and there (small spray sign a bit hidden that accords to something funny would be a good example) but whole planet based on this kind of humor is just... childish.

Falagor

Sadly, I'm beginning to agree.

Whilst RT is obviously part of EU, I specifically play the MMO Planet Calypso.

At this point in time I have chosen to not play on RT, and I don't appreciate being involuntarily forced to participate in it.

Either write RT into the Calypso storyline ASAP, or remove all traces of it such as the crap named items and globals.

Last edited:
Hurrucane Cocktail
Mai Tai Cocktail
Mojito Cocktail
Nirvana Cocktail
Pina Colada Cocktail

what else they missing :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Cock tail Cocktail for ND please :D

I'd rather not have the inane world of Rocktropia thrust down my throat. I wish I never heard of it.

Time to write support case.

Please seperate Global Messages so that we only see good old calypso globals at Calypso and let this stupid global messages only be visible at RT where they belong to!

Dont know what they smoke....but it´s to much :eyecrazy:

just...

*sigh*

:rolleyes:

I almost feel tempted at NOT including those materials to Entropia Tracker............ *sigh*

Maybe we need an Option to switch off globals from certain planets (I'm sure its been reported that another planet will be with us soon), or to display only globals from your current (planet) location.

Wrote a support case to MindArk.. feel free to copy/paste:

With the release of “Content Release 2010.4” it has come to my attention that an array of new materials has been added to ROCKTropia. The naming of those items are so far out of line with the rest of the Entropia Universe that I feel as if there is no guideline to the content put in by the specific planet partners.

For me as an avid participant in Entropia Universe it is both confusing and saddening to see the affect this has on my gaming experience. I joined Entropia Universe to experience an MMORPG set in a futuristic world where we as participants could follow the storyline of settling on a new planet and fighting off the threatening robot menace – as well as the local wildlife. This is what I fell in love with, and this is why I continue to participate in the Entropia Universe experience. With the addition of new planets it was my hope that the planet partners, even if they were given free hands, would accommodate to this story line, ever so slightly changing it to need their needs. A truly vast universe I could participate in would be the end result, and something I had very high hopes for!

ROCKTropia’s turnover in regards to globals and value recorded by Entropia Tracker clearly show just how much the core customer base for “Entropia Universe” likes the idea of a planet that sets it self so far besides what we all wanted. However, the items, mobs and general feel of ROCKTropia have always been a sort of “gimmick” – something we laughed a bit about, and went back to Planet Calypso.

With the new minerals that supposedly can be found on ROCKTropia it is my clear belief that not only are ROCKTropia digging their own grave – something that is entirely up to their management team – but I do not whish to be force-fed with content that has absolutely no meaning for a true Entropia Universe participant. An example: “Mai Tai Cocktail” enmatters. First of all, enmatters are raw materials used in combination with other materials to produce a product of some sort. Mai Tai is a product in it self, so right there the general guideline for the naming of minerals and enmatters does not make any sense. Secondly, if by some odd reason ROCKTropia wanted Entropia Universe to be nothing more than a skin for other “social mmorpg’s”, I do not understand why MindArk would allow this.

I sincerely hope that you will consider separating the global messages, and items available on planets that do not conform to the Entropia Universe guidelines so as to not confuse the participants.

Kind regards Starfinder

Falagor

My thoughts exactly. Well, at least I know which planet I will avoid.

Last edited:
well i just happen to be over there, went to do some merchant work.

Looks like i may be bringing some interesting stuff back?

:scratch2:

But it seems as if its not wanted :eek:

Well said, Starfinder. Childish Rocktropia has gone too far. This indeed makes me sad too. Makes me realise how much I'm attached to Calypso.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. :D

I want my HOF on Piña Colada xDD​

I didnt liked Rocktropia from the very begining, but now it's not even a bad joke in my eyes...

I guess we, as a community, should do something about that... Of course I realise that we wont be able to influence MA enough and probably we wont achieve anything, but we wont know that for sure unless we'll try. For the start a petition on EF should be enought - I wonder what will MA reaction be. I dont have anything against new planets - they can be great addition (or alternative) to Calypso, but there should be some rules that bind all those planets in one universe.

I dont want to wake up one day and find out that I've just globaled on McFlurry or looted Happy Meal from McChicken Stalker...

This has gone beyond the pale. If they are indeed two different games by two different companies, it's time to separate the global chat streams, etc.

Hanne (IIRC) said months ago that they are loking into not having competitors globals be seen on global chat. I guess what we also need is a (sticky) filter based on items origin that would also remove foreign categories.

Surely the naming of items comes down the planet owner, in this case Neverdie.

Value lies not in the name, the true value lies in what it looks like, makes or does. Imagine there were a ubah weapon dropped named "Pink Nipple Twister" that does ubah dmg v/s decay etc. You want one? Sure you do :) I would :D

Value lies not in the name, the true value lies in what it looks like or makes or does.

LMAO

This is just getting more and more fun... :D

(fun as in sad)

Value lies not in the name, the true value lies in what it looks like, makes or does. Imagine there were a ubah weapon dropped named "Pink Nipple Twister" that does ubah dmg v/s decay etc. You want one? Sure you do :) I would :D

Value lies not in the name, the true value lies in what it looks like or makes or does.

As this is a game where we as participants would like to immerse our self in the - what has so far been - a sci-fi universe there are certain standards which are the defacto sci-fi naming convention. This is names we recognize from popular movies and magazines as well as science. We do not expect "Laser rifles" to shoot bunnies or lightning... or bunnies which shoots lightning. We expect them to shoot a a high intensity beam of light which burns the target. Hence armor which has burn protection protects against lasers.

This is the standard and what we like, this is a sci-fi universe.
With the introduction of planet partners MindArk has withdrawn them self from the storyline and given them self the role of "system providers". What I - and I think a lot of other people want - is that even tho MindArk obviously has "profits" as their main goal, the way they reach their goal should not overrule the scene/platform. This is a sci-fi universe and not a "skin for a social mmorpg". If Mai Tai cocktails can do anything but lower your agility and increase your "I dont give a fsuck about anything" skill - I would be very confused as to what it can do. What - do I take some mai tai, some "jazz ingot" ... and mix it in a bowl to get a DOA strikehammer?...

Stay on the course instead of the BS! ...

I dont want to wake up one day and find out that I've just globaled on McFlurry or looted Happy Meal from McChicken Stalker...

The best laugh ever.............+rep for you

now i have to clean my desktop from coffee:D

I agree with the above, sci-fi universe is what I was expecting when new planets were first announced...now it's clear that anything goes and that's going to annoy a lot of people because things don't hang together any more and it's all very messy.

If I get a uber hof on something with a silly name it will probably appease me temporarily but the damage is done regarding credibility to the futuristic theme.

I'm not sure how much of this is down to NeverDie's imagination, and I've nothing against him personally, but sometimes I think he's his own worst enemy thinking that it was a good idea to launch NeverDie as a brand name for example...imho he would have been better off going for neutral names, futuristic content and getting some feedback from us, paying customers he needs to attract on planet content etc.

Easy for me to talk in hindsight of course, I dunno, it's mildly depressing...I still like Pop Dragons though (throwing him some respite). ;)

Back