So, does MA consider PK'ing a player harrasing now?

It's PVP.

That means that if you are in a PVP area someone else can come to you when you are half way through a mob, kill you, and steal it.

OK, it might be rude/bad manners, but MA made it PVP there. if MA think it's harassment, turn the damn PVP OFF!

There is a difference between normal occurrences and excessive or obsessive trends. If you're just KSing every once in a while and it doesn't look malicious, I doubt it's going to be an issue.

If the logs show you KSing the same player repeatedly over and over again for days or weeks on end, that might be a bit excessive.

Or if the logs show that you're running around the PVP zone following other hunters and KSing each and every one of them for the net effect that you're hunting for just over half the ammo costs of a regular player, it would seem to me to be an abuse or exploitation of the game.

IS it harassment if I am mining an area, and someone else comes along and starts mining there? It is if I think it is, but that does not mean the other miner deserves to be censured because he/she is trying to mine the same place as me.

Nope, nor has it (afaik) ever been suggested that it's harrassment for another player to come in and shoot some mobs from the same group that you're shooting.

I was at the oil rig a few days ago and this avi "Wastelander" kept killing me. I think A support case needed. :)

I'm fairly sure events are special in nature and MA/FPC understands this. Nothing they've said has ever suggested otherwise.

Frankly, the Wastelander event you refer to was actually based on kill stealing, and required it to be successful.

Ok, this is retarded :trout:

You are in pvp. It is entirely possible that I may decide to kill you. If you piss me off, I'll kill you again. If you're a dick, I'll keep killing you till you log. (this all assuming you can't kill me) If MA sends me an email, I will tell them to shove it up their ass. If they don't want me killing people in pvp, they can turn it off. If they banned me for that, I'd spend the next three years, or until Entropia shuts down (whichever occurs first) spamming every gaming site about how two faced the people who run the game are.

Stop whining. It's pvp. You got the bigger, brigher flashing yellow orb, and now a new sound to go along with it that you entered pvp. If you get killed it's your fault, not mine. If you can whine and get your way about pvp and that's the way it works, I'm going to file a support case about the daspletor in dome 15 that keeps killing me every time I run through CND to check if MA has fixed their mob spawn f*ckup yet (they haven't).

It may have been a semi-automated warning.

e.g. Complaint about player -> issue warning; no investigation

So...just ignore the warning.
I know star's been temp-locked before (emerald bots), but he was pking excessively in that case :p

When a lot of people complain about ONE player, then it's worth FPC time to investigate it

I support peoples right to PK to their hearts content in any area that is PvP.

It's like going to a paintball court, and being told you are not allowed to shoot people, but you can walk around with the gear ;)

I have said it before and I will say it again... EU has become too soft.

Its a bunch of virtual pansy asses

People get PKed and they have an emo-shit fit about it, they whine and cry to support or on the forums, they throw a tantrum crying and flopping around on the floor kicking and screaming until they get someone in trouble for "harassing" them.

It’s pretty sad really.

At least half of Eudoria and all of Amethera should be PvP areas with no safe zones except for the revival terminal.

That will give people a reason to skill up and arm themselves.

You guys would be surprised what would happen with hunting/mining/crafting loot in a PvP centric EU :wise:

You guys would be surprised what would happen with hunting/mining/crafting loot in a PvP centric EU :wise:
Could go either way, since there a lot that isn't interested in PvP-battle
in any form, they might leave EU/PC instead, if they can't go anywhere
without being shot at all the time. ;)

aslong as u kill him while he is not attacked by a mob, its ok.

i already killed miners just because they are mining while i was hunting because i dont like earthquakes ;)

I have said it before and I will say it again... EU has become too soft.

Its a bunch of virtual pansy asses

People get PKed and they have an emo-shit fit about it, they whine and cry to support or on the forums, they throw a tantrum crying and flopping around on the floor kicking and screaming until they get someone in trouble for "harassing" them.

It’s pretty sad really.

At least half of Eudoria and all of Amethera should be PvP areas with no safe zones except for the revival terminal.

That will give people a reason to skill up and arm themselves.

I Agree

funny-pictures-this-cat-will-kill-you-1YX.jpg

MA could just hand out a box of tissues with each new account, there, problem solved. If you don't want to get pk'd don't go there. I have been killed plenty of times in pvp areas, either learn how to deal with it or just avoid it.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I wish to know how many % of those that are in to pk want a new system
for pk, where we get rewards for the fights against other fighters.
Do the majority want a system that rewards these kind of fights, or are
they happy with excisting system?
Imo, there should be way more objectives for pvp/pk player too.

I wish to know how many % of those that are in to pk want a new system
for pk, where we get rewards for the fights against other fighters.
Do the majority want a system that rewards these kind of fights, or are
they happy with excisting system?

There is in pvp3/pvp4. If you kill someone in a toxic zone you'll get most of their stackables (not ammo and such), plus "heavy ammo" from the loot pool. If you're lucky you can get a HOF sized loot from the loot pool. (The "heavy ammo" comes from the loot pool from the shots that killed people loses, and as long as it's ammo and not gems and such it will stay yours even if you get killed.)

Camping players is herassing. simple as that.

instead of going offtopic, can someone PM me with an answer to one question:
What makes Entropia Universe 100% different than any other game -ever- made and the things that may be the same, have to be turned opposite?

as for PKing and PVP. you enter the zones at your own risk. but there is a line between whats accetable and whats not, the gap between an uber and and midlvl and an low lvl is huge. not only in pvp but all in all, I love the fact that its like that. sissygames or "welfare MMO's" are ass, within half a year you can be the bestest of the best, should nevr be like that, but it should never be in a way either that the ubers or over the midrange low range players can sit on their faces waiting for them to resurect just to take the piss and kill them again.

this is taking the piss and beeing and herassing D-Bag. most of the times the DB's get they epeen improved after 5 kills of the same person for the laugh of it. sometimes they do it more.

in EU it seems to be a vast majority of these DB's ( an D bag is an douchebag, those retards that think they are better as an living beeing than others in any way or form) it seems that just because so many that play eu are aged 30 or above they feel themselfs as "god people" towards younger ones. and the kids and younger ones easily get ticked.

I myself dont go into pvp zones unless its to give free pvp globals :p since I know myself enough that if i get killed, and im able to kill that person again as revenge, ill easily just camp them abit in a way of "you fucked with me, ill go mental on you" way. wich is what i dont like :p thus i dont do it.

Killing 1 - 5 times the same guy, no problem.
killing 5 or more times, its starting to be herassing.

theres no reason for anyone to kill the same person more than 5 times in my eyes ( more than 3 too for that matter) without having the soul purpose of beeing an assholè nothing justifies that, not even "omg its a pvp zone go cry somewhere else" if you want to be an jerk take your epeen somewhere else, kill them a couple of times and leave it, dont camp and be an ass :p

and if you enter a pvp zone and your affraid of campers, fraps is your friend. they can whine as much as they want when they get banned, but camping is herassing, you gain nothing off it, not even pvp HoF's ;)

There is in pvp3/pvp4. If you kill someone in a toxic zone you'll get most of their stackables (not ammo and such), plus "heavy ammo" from the loot pool. If you're lucky you can get a HOF sized loot from the loot pool. (The "heavy ammo" comes from the loot pool from the shots that killed people loses, and as long as it's ammo and not gems and such it will stay yours even if you get killed.)
Didn't mean in PEDs from others here, but a system that gives points due
to what we fight against. A system where it rewards to actual fighting
rather then bullying and/or "line up, die, I get points"-system. ;)

Killing 1 - 5 times the same guy, no problem.
killing 5 or more times, its starting to be herassing.

That sounds about right. But shouldn't there be some liability on the part of the person getting killed? Let's look at it like this:

I want to do something in a PVP zone, does not matter what it is. I see Star is there, happily killing every red dot around. Star then kills me (it is PVP so no worries). I keep returning to the scene, and Star keeps killing me. At what point does it seem reasonable that I should not return to that area?

My point is that the harrassment claim is subjective at best. Maybe in Star's eyes, I am doing the harrassing. To keep the area clear and prevent aggro from other mobs, Star simply removes the other green dots. I know I would get the message loud and clear after 2 trips to revival.

The no-so-clear policy from MA makes it appear that whoever sends the support case first gets to claim harrassment.

I am not flaming or attacking you Mika... I just wanted to use your example of the number of kills.

That sounds about right. But shouldn't there be some liability on the part of the person getting killed? Let's look at it like this:

I want to do something in a PVP zone, does not matter what it is. I see Star is there, happily killing every red dot around. Star then kills me (it is PVP so no worries). I keep returning to the scene, and Star keeps killing me. At what point does it seem reasonable that I should not return to that area?

My point is that the harrassment claim is subjective at best. Maybe in Star's eyes, I am doing the harrassing. To keep the area clear and prevent aggro from other mobs, Star simply removes the other green dots. I know I would get the message loud and clear after 2 trips to revival.

The no-so-clear policy from MA makes it appear that whoever sends the support case first gets to claim harrassment.

I am not flaming or attacking you Mika... I just wanted to use your example of the number of kills.

I get your point

What I do if i get killed more than 2 times is ask the person why in an nice manner, sometimes i get an middle finger and some random swearing words making it obvious :p

another time joda I think it was shot me, i grumbled and ran back and before shooting he asked me to go away so that I wouldent accidently pull more mobs on him and his fapper or aggro their mob to an turret etc etc

So i see it as abit of common sense, and im sure if you asked star shooting everyone at sight if you asked him nicly to stop and he did well then problem is solved, if he wanted you to leave for various reasons you should respect that, imo :p or if he gave some ignorat answer and kept doing it you could leave it be and go somewhere else or take it as herassement.

I'm not a person who shoots from the hip at all times but some people do

So i see it as abit of common sense, and im sure if you asked star shooting everyone at sight if you asked him nicly to stop and he did well then problem is solved, if he wanted you to leave for various reasons you should respect that, imo :p or if he gave some ignorat answer and kept doing it you could leave it be and go somewhere else or take it as herassement.

Totally agreed. It is unfortunate that there are few "bad apples" that take the EU experience as a chance to act however they want without consequences. Common sense is a skill that is only aquired IRL... too bad there is no way to scan an avatar to determine how much common sense they have.

If PVP was ever turned on at CP (man, I miss that place) I think there would be 100 threads a day about this subject.

not read all the posts..

But what is pvp areas for...

if you get shot more then twice by someone then you dont go back. If you mine in the area that its your risk. you know what can happen.

why is this such a complicated topic. pvp equals death by other players if you dont kill them 1st. if you die and silly enough to go back then well who else is to blaime.

its very simple if you dont want to be pk'ed then dont go to pvp areas.. DUH!!!

if this is the case by MA what the hells gonna happen in land grabs.. snding reports to MA I was pk'ed too many times i want eevry onein Land grab to have a warning.. #LOL LOL come people people and MA...

This is the reason why I play EvE.

Didn't mean in PEDs from others here, but a system that gives points due
to what we fight against. A system where it rewards to actual fighting
rather then bullying and/or "line up, die, I get points"-system. ;)

On PVP-events, I think you get less and less points for each kill on same person.

I guess it's hard to get a fair fight in the current system. First, the people who are interested in pvp and have skilled for it (techniques for moving, fapping and shooting) vs normal hunters/miners who usually just shoot at something that stands still or coming straight at them. A pk:er who runs for someone also have the advantage that it's eaiser to fire "forward" at someone who runs than it is for someone who tries to get away to shoot "backward". Then the difference in equipment; someone with tango/LR66+BBC in infiltrator/shadow vs someone with shogun+LR41. And thirdly the ingame skills; HP and agility (where agility can either be offensive or defensive - to be able quickly approach a victim and move to avoid returned fire, and to run away from a pk:er). To have a fair chance in a pvp fight, I'd say you need 2 out of 3 of that (IRL skills, gear, and ingame skills).

On PVP-events, I think you get less and less points for each kill on same person.

I guess it's hard to get a fair fight in the current system. First, the people who are interested in pvp and have skilled for it (techniques for moving, fapping and shooting) vs normal hunters/miners who usually just shoot at something that stands still or coming straight at them. A pk:er who runs for someone also have the advantage that it's eaiser to fire "forward" at someone who runs than it is for someone who tries to get away to shoot "backward". Then the difference in equipment; someone with tango/LR66+BBC in infiltrator/shadow vs someone with shogun+LR41. And thirdly the ingame skills; HP and agility (where agility can either be offensive or defensive - to be able quickly approach a victim and move to avoid returned fire, and to run away from a pk:er). To have a fair chance in a pvp fight, I'd say you need 2 out of 3 of that (IRL skills, gear, and ingame skills).
This is the reason why I want to see a new system, based on targets
history, and what they have managed to kill earlier.
It should begin at our 2nd kill. If the target has done 1 unique kill, no
points, 2 kills 1 point, 3 kills 2.1point and so on. These values could be
whatever value suitable, this is just to show basics.
It should be a higher value to kill someone that has 100 kills in a row than
4 kills. It's based as a ladder, the higher the more points.

There will never be anything that is fair within EU/PC sadly... ;)
These 3 examples you show why there will never be fair fights within EU/PC
are 3 good examples why the PvP/pk should be enabled within areas designated
for PvP only. These examples are my p.o.v in general, not directed
against you.

1. If a person really is interested in PvP/pk, they should skill up against targets
that is out for same action. Everything that is a systembased issue, is
often equal for everyone.
2. If they want to be good in PvP/pk, THEY should invest in better equipment
to be able to fight hard targets. Why should a player that isn't interested
in PvP/pk have to get better equipment just because they have to pass a
PvP-area, while less good pk'er don't due to he isn't good enough to go
after better pk'ers?
3. Skills and HP will help, and that is up to each pk'er to decide if it really
is worth to skill up to a level so they can compete against others.
Reality is that most will not be able no matter how much they want it.
Agility will help to increase runningspeed, and it's a sad fact that it is more
or less caped now, I have 112, and it has been like that since 2005.
Imo MA/FPC should caped it at the player with highest Agility ingame,
plus some more levels so everyone can skill it up in a more fair way. But,
as I mentioned earlier, not much that is fair in EU/PC... ;)

One way to make PvP/pk more interesting, in at least some areas but not
necessarily in all areas, is to remove radar, so we can't see others.

One way to make PvP/pk more interesting, in at least some areas but not
necessarily in all areas, is to remove radar, so we can't see others.

Dunno if it would be good or not. In vu 9, miners (pvp 4) who saw someone in radar (edge) could start looking for a safe place to tp off or at least try to hug a mulaak. Without radar someone who's occupied with "instruments" wouldn't get a warning until the "You got hit by 221 dmg" message shows up.

Another problem, probably stemming since the clothes VU, is that the distance you see people might depend on settings. I haven't checked it in vu 10, but i guess that some people can spot others at 200m and others not until 100m or so. This means that pk:er 1 can see pk:er 2 long before pk:er 2 sees pk:er 1. In vu 9, you could notice this that sometimes you could see flying carbines out on a field. Another problem, dunno if it still applies, is the "invisible avatars" (+umbranoids) that could happen before.

Maybe it's worth trying in some area, maybe in a "normal" pvp area which doesn't attract miners.

Dunno if it would be good or not. In vu 9, miners (pvp 4) who saw someone in radar (edge) could start looking for a safe place to tp off or at least try to hug a mulaak. Without radar someone who's occupied with "instruments" wouldn't get a warning until the "You got hit by 221 dmg" message shows up.

It would cause more teamwork. 1 person mining another one (or more) for protection detail.

Another problem, probably stemming since the clothes VU, is that the distance you see people might depend on settings. I haven't checked it in vu 10, but i guess that some people can spot others at 200m and others not until 100m or so. This means that pk:er 1 can see pk:er 2 long before pk:er 2 sees pk:er 1. In vu 9, you could notice this that sometimes you could see flying carbines out on a field. Another problem, dunno if it still applies, is the "invisible avatars" (+umbranoids) that could happen before.

Maybe it's worth trying in some area, maybe in a "normal" pvp area which doesn't attract miners.

Nowadays distance you can see an avatar seems more related to your graphics quality. The higher the better you can see at longer range.

Cheers
Siam

Nowadays distance you can see an avatar seems more related to your graphics quality. The higher the better you can see at longer range.

I can't see avatars properly until they are about at the edge of my inner radar circle, which obviously isn't ideal in any kind of PK situation (or indeed ever, I like to be able to see who is hunting near me, if only just to say hello if it's someone I know). If I zoom in with a scope I can see to the edge of the radar though.

I can't see avatars properly until they are about at the edge of my inner radar circle, which obviously isn't ideal in any kind of PK situation (or indeed ever, I like to be able to see who is hunting near me, if only just to say hello if it's someone I know). If I zoom in with a scope I can see to the edge of the radar though.

If you go ingame to the advanced section of the configuration there is a option for the range for which avatars/mobs get visible.

If you go ingame to the advanced section of the configuration there is a option for the range for which avatars/mobs get visible.

Yeah I know, I played around with it and couldn't find anything that allowed me to see well without giving me a bad performance hit. Perhaps I should experiment a little more :)

Yeah I know, I played around with it and couldn't find anything that allowed me to see well without giving me a bad performance hit. Perhaps I should experiment a little more :)

It does mean that in PvP the person with the higher end system has even more of an advantage then that they had before VU10

:(

It does mean that in PvP the person with the higher end system has even more of an advantage then that they had before VU10

:(

Yeah, computer performance should be added as a fourth factor.

If you have a computer on the limit, and you for instance is running it's enough if another avatar shows up at edge of radar or a few mobs spawn at the same time to cause you to stop for 0.1 seconds or so, and if it happens a few time game is over (either the one who is chasing you has gotten close enough to get in a shot or the one you're chasing has vanished beyond radar range). It feels like lag spikes is worse for running speed in vu 10 than previous vu:S.

See why I want hardcore PvP/pk areas? It's a "survival of the fittest" situation,
where the one with best condition will win. Then if it is the best ingame equipment, skills, computer or tactics, that's another question.
EDIT: Forgot one thing. Radar should be disabled in a hardcore
PvP/pk area.

For those who say "enter pvp, and be ready to get killed", a hardcore area
must be perfect. *IF* they live by their word.
If they think it's ok for a pk'er to kill miners, then they must also accept
that the better pk'er will meet the less good pk'er.
Or is it so simple, that the only targets they can and dare to kill, is easy
targets? I doubt it's so easy thou'. A lot of people has a lot of reason
to do easy kills.
Imo, rewards and recognition ingame for pk'ing, should go to those with some
guts to go either after hard targets or large groups, or whatever target,
only as long it isn't based on bullying on targets that isn't out for same
type of action. Keep excisting system as one alternative, but don't give it
any larger ingame recognition.

The problem with hardcore PvP/pk areas, is it might look good on paper
but can become boring ingame.
So I guess with some alternatives around, it could please a lot more
type of players, since my idea is also that EU/PC should try to find features
and areas that could fit a lot of different type of players.
Funfactor should be Prio1 no matter what type of player you are, imo...

I just noticed that too - strange, DJ is rather reputable.

She seems most active in these threads in the last 24h, and doesn't seem like she's done anything wrong.

2 day break..

No, I had done something wrong, but not in this thread..this thread is fine :D

Wasnt anything to do with pk'ing, and discussing it.

So in that light, Im going to catch up..and maybe comment further :cool:

Back