So, does MA consider PK'ing a player harrasing now?

safara

Mutated
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Angel Spike Sunny
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/pvp/166363-pvp-now-gives-u-warning-mindark.html

Been locked as this turned out to be a personal thread - but...

It is an interesting case as MA seem to now have the view that PKing another participant in a designated PVP area a few times is now deemed an offence worthy of a warning.

So, how many times can you kill someone, and in what circumstances can one kill someone without falling foul of MA?

Once, twice, 4 times, 32 times?

Is there any guidance anywhere in the EULA or MA site etc?

The way I understand it, doing something once is okay, doing it twice or more can be harassment if the person feels it is. I also think that the harassed person should say something about not liking it, when it happens. So, do it once, see they didn't like it, and do it again, can be harassment.

It seems to me that a precedent has already been set with the rig. If you go there you are likely to be pked and if you return it may well happen again.(ad infinitum)

Unless there is some serious verbal happening I can't see how it is harrassment.

MA needs to rethink and not waste support time on things like this IMO.

Sadly, it will be in the eyes of the beholder. I might stand in PVP with Coz and we just kill each other over and over again for shits and giggles. When I get killed in PVP area I just shrug it off. It seems now that if I do not like the person that did it, I now have ammo to file a support case on them. That is the part that bothers me. MA should be clear and concise: what is considered harassment in terms of killing someone in an area that allows killing? Does that mean I can stand in the ring all day and take down the names of the people that killed me?

MA's policy seems to be: PVP is an area in which you may be killed. However, if you are killed too often feel free to write us a letter.

The way I understand it, doing something once is okay, doing it twice or more can be harassment if the person feels it is. I also think that the harassed person should say something about not liking it, when it happens. So, do it once, see they didn't like it, and do it again, can be harassment.

OK, so when at the rig or mining PVP4 or anywhere in PVP - it is OK to be PK'd once. But if you head back there at the same person kills you again, then you have a case for harassment with MA?

OK, so when at the rig or mining PVP4 or anywhere in PVP - it is OK to be PK'd once. But if you head back there at the same person kills you again, then you have a case for harassment with MA?

Someone mentioned this in the locked thread, and it was a good point.

Who is to say the person returning to the scene is not the one doing the harassing...?

But there's an issue of attitude also, if repeated pk'ing due to a grudge or intentional attempts to spoil an individuals experience for some petty reason...

basicly.. pvp professionals are honourable people, there is a distinct difference between honour and out right malicious behaviour.

I see it this way that there are actually two different patterns on Pking.

As MA stated, PKing in therefore designated areas (PvP 1,2,3,4) is welcome at any rate, since those areas were created for this while PKing in not special areas (so for example "normal" Amethera) is allowed too, but forbidden as it may turn out into harassment. Harassment on this pattern I understand as if you're actually shooting a player who doesn't show any will to fight back or just want to do his business in that area over and over again without a very kind of a reason, especially after the player stated that he doesn't like it or actually asked if he's allowed to pass by or continue his business.

You must consider that Amethera actually was there before designted PvP areas were, so maybe the PvP possibility in the vast lands of amethera maybe just is a remnant from old times when the community was small and players knew and therefore respecting each other unquestionned.

But there's an issue of attitude also,

Attitude is a very subjective thing.

We are many different people from many different places and temperaments.

So, what is the rule and where is it written down.

Before we are allowed to write a support case?

At present, it looks like you just have to be pissed off to submit a support case.

IF ANYONE SHOULD BE WARRNED IT IS MA!!!! They ruined the players game play by making the area PvP to begin with.

There is nothing in EULA that says in an open area I can't PK you as much as I want. I am not camping a location keeping the player pinned down and stuck, there in borrum hunting. As long as there not being PKed while killing a mob they just need better skills or stay out of area to avoid getting PKed.

I took many smack downs never would I run to MA waaaa they PKed me :(

1st time that ever happend to me I left the area for better gear and returned $500 less rich lol, and took my revenge with PK gear.

I got similar email while mining, between land areas. I ran into neas sweat/hunt group let me tell you don't kill these people in pvp :rolleyes:. I killed the ones in my way so I could run a straight line. Had people follow me, yell, and harass me for doing so. So naturally I came back and killed more, seemed all good and funny on my part till I got the email.

After that all i could think about is how they can harass and cuss at me, but don't dare shoot someone in pvp.

That's bs.
Next we'll be getting warnings for dropping bombs and shooting off guns too.
Make up your mind MA, there's PK or there's no PK.

It's like going to an all you can eat buffet and getting told you're only allowed 1 serving...
Absolutely positively stupid.

ps: I am personally gonna PK every noob I see anywhere in any PVP area and in-turn report anyone who PK's me. Hopefully the influx of stupid PVP support cases will wake someone up at MA... seems their coffee bitch is on extended holiday.

Last edited:
:lolup: Note before I get to flamed for last post. I normaly only PK anyone, anywhere once I won't repeat the PKs as it is a waste of ammo. If I killed you your safe from me unless as stated before you turn it into a duel.

Attitude is a very subjective thing.

We are many different people from many different places and temperaments.

So, what is the rule and where is it written down.

Before we are allowed to write a support case?

At present, it looks like you just have to be pissed off to submit a support case.

yes you have to be pissed off to have a support case, naturally people get pissed when there life is made harder. I believe the problem lies within the people giving out the warning. Nothing more nothing less. As, society are made up of many different people with many different beliefs/views.

That's bs.
Next we'll be getting warnings for dropping bombs and shooting off guns too.
Make up your mind MA, there's PK or there's no PK.

It's like going to an all you can eat buffet and getting told you're only allowed 1 serving...
Absolutely positively stupid.

Indeed - the only enforceable rule is -

If you have PVP areas they are PVP

No questions asked.

I don't like getting killed in PvP, who does? But I know that if I enter the PvP area I take a risk, Whether it is the same person who keeps killing me or if it is different people is irrelevant, If you want to avoid getting PK:ed keep out of PvP. PvP is for killing people.
MA should make it clear to people that PvP is an area were you can get killed, and that you cannot report a person for harassment there.

i dont think anyone like being killed, do they?

either you allow pvp, or you dont.

But there's an issue of attitude also, if repeated pk'ing due to a grudge or intentional attempts to spoil an individuals experience for some petty reason...

basicly.. pvp professionals are honourable people, there is a distinct difference between honour and out right malicious behaviour.

Not attacking you (don't want a support case hee hee) but I am curious about what you said there. "repeated pk'ing due to a grudge". Isn't that what PVP is for? If someone has a grudge against me, I would expect to be killed if I am found in a PVP area. I knew the area was PVP, so I willingly entered it. Same for the other fellow. I could have killed him... revive is free (for now).

If I don't like being killed in PVP, I should not enter PVP (which I don't).

MA should make it clear to people that PvP is an area were you can get killed, and that you cannot report a person for harassment there.

In my personal opinion, anyone who posts a support case to MA, knows what PVP is about.
They're just having a cry.

*edit*
thought I should mention I'm on the recieving end of the boomstick pretty much 100% of the time, so I'm not being bias to PK'rs.. I just understand the rules.

I don't like getting killed in PvP, who does? But I know that if I enter the PvP area I take a risk, Whether it is the same person who keeps killing me or if it is different people is irrelevant, If you want to avoid getting PK:ed keep out of PvP. PvP is for killing people.

MA stated those areas as designated areas (PvP 1,2,3,4) afaik. At least, as much I understand.

I think this is pretty much it. We may be all from different areas etc but I know MA and myself are from relatively civilized places that carry some respect for others. PVP is PVP but when it is repeated and turned into a vedetta as I`ve seen others post that they will continue to kill this person anytime they see them then that is clearly harrassment. Say what you want, think what you want but at the end of the day see how MA judges you as they have the final say. Sure many of you may now wonder what the guidelines are for PVP but maybe try and be nice to people for a change instead of just looking out for your own interests. There is not much benefit in pk`ing someone in a non lootable PVP area.

I have been killed while just out mining in general PVP areas of Amethera a few rare times. I have killed a couple people in the same areas. But I don`t make a habit of it nor do I turn it into some sort of childish grudge war. I`ve never liked the idea of closing off spawns etc. Of course precedent has been set in the case of the rig but maybe that will change too. Grow up, move on and quit being so obsessive!

You must consider that Amethera actually was there before designted PvP areas were, so maybe the PvP possibility in the vast lands of amethera maybe just is a remnant from old times when the community was small and players knew and therefore respecting each other unquestionned.

In my opinion, they should really switch off PvP on Amethera and leave it only to PvP 1-4 or if a LA chooses to have it on.
There is no excuse in "accidently stumbling" into the designated PvP areas.

As for the Pk'ing and harassing...
If somebody really waits until I shoot down a mob until half health and than kills me to kill the mob and does it a couple of times, it is definately griefing, except maybe PvP3/4 where anything goes and there are no rules.
Anywhere else where PvP is just enabled and players are not lootable, it is disturbing the others playing experience which is against the EULA.
Nothing else than a cheap kill steal.

Which option would you prefer:
- No pvp at all on amathera except in designated areas
- As it is now; that is if a miner starts to bomb around your claims or does things like stepping between you and your mob you know you can waste them (but that you won't abuse it for people who doesn't do stupid things)

Another example: Someone does a TP-run. Then in the middle of the run someone in infiltrator with ML-45 shows up and kills off half of the noobs so they end up in the middle of an LA with tough mobs.
For this there are two views:
1) The TP-runners ran through pvp area, they knew what they were doing.
2) It's a coward way to get pk points while creating problems for a lot of people.

(My guess is that most of the people who are willing to arrange TP-runs, in most cases, aren't the same that can deposit 5k PED for pk-gear to fight down occasional bad guys.)

Another example is someone who follows hunters, wait for hunter to get HP down 2/3 and then they snipe the hunter and kill off the mob and loot it. Sure, "smart playing" (reduce cost of killing mobs), but not honorable imho. Or just being plain annoying; wait for someone to kill a mob and then pk him before mob is looted.

For 95% of the population this isn't a problem. Problem is for the rest 5%. If problem gets too big I guess the only way to solve this; enabling people to do TP-runs without going through high density LAs and keep people from killing others who are headed for TP or a LA is to turn off pvp on amathera, and then maybe add a zone like pvp1 on some wasteland people usually don't have to pass to get to TPs.

Killng people who obviously aren't competing miners trying to bomb in your veins in a corridor between LAs, just to be able to run in a "straigth line", is probably the worst argument I've heard for pk:ing...

Last edited:
stop blowing it out of all proportion!

rofl !

LET IT GO ALLREADY LOL!:banghead: or is creating potential flame thread the new way of whoring efd?

its it pvp dont expect to be kiss other that a bullet

i was there got kill and kill others it was the same as the oil rig

i guest now im not big anouf to kill other poeple at the oil rig this mean there going to send email to the person killing

if it pvp its a kill zone if they are going to send email for harasement might as will make every were non pvp

when i read about the game yellow it pvp but cant be looted red you can die and get looted

greeen your safe

some one should make a petition to make pvp a kill free not fear of killing

imho, it is an open door for some preferential treatment.
Some might get a warning some not, this situation needs to be clarified.

PVP is PVP but when it is repeated and turned into a vedetta as I`ve seen others post that they will continue to kill this person anytime they see them then that is clearly harrassment.

I agree with this.

What a rediculous mess people get themselves caught up in also, EU should be fun, not about personal disputes.

Honestly, that "other" thread, and other comments were sad to see, vile and vulgar to boot also.

Looks bad on all people involved, shame, stupid waste of time and energy :mad:

Now, its an interesting issue! Myself, I do not concider PvP harassment. It is at times, annoying, makes my blood boil and sometimes slam the keyboard. But Ill experience that when playing Crash Bandicoot too for that matter :laugh:

Dominating an area is something I find completely legit. I do not agree with PKing to steal someone's mob, however thats more of a unwritten moral rule and imo shouldnt be enforced.

If people do such things that disagrees with the general moral standards of the community, then they'll suffer the consequenses themself from the community itself. They might set themself up to be unpopular, but surely thats a risk they are aware of.

Last but not least...:
Mods Note: Keep this thread clean guys and gals. Discuss the issue, not the people involved in these actions, ok?

Back