So, does MA consider PK'ing a player harrasing now?

I dont realy like PK-ing but Im cant understand why would u get ban for this.

Since most of us are Adult :D It should be obvious what's considered harassment, PVP or NONE PVP not much difference.

Someone not learning the first time, returning only to be killed again then complain to support, is the one harassing imo.
Guess what I do when someone pwns me in PVP a couple times?
I go somewhere else..
Jeebiz!

Outside of PVP they cannot be "harassed" by being repetatively PK'd, ergo they chose to be PK'd continuously as opposed to not being PK'd continuously by not leaving.

imo

So, say for example, I have a Himi X claim, right? I am pulling the Himi up and some dude comes along and PK's me. I revive, shootup, go back to claim, start digging and get PK'd. I revive, shootup, go back to the claim, start digging and get PK'd again.

In this situation is it harassment? Y/N

Ok, now if you answered no, think of this scenario...
I have <insert any ore here> claim, right? I am pulling the <insert any ore here> up and some dude comes along and PK's me. I revive, go back to the claim, start digging and get PK'd. I revive, go back to the claim, start digging and get PK'd again.

If you answered differently to these two scenarios, you shouldn't be in PVP.
If you answered Yes to both, then you're an <expletive>.
imo
Keep in mind I don't PK.

Last edited:
Someone not learning the first time, returning only to be killed again then complain to support, is the one harassing imo.
Guess what I do when someone pwns me in PVP a couple times?
I go somewhere else..
Jeebiz!

Outside of PVP they cannot be "harassed" by being repetatively PK'd, ergo they chose to be PK'd continuously as opposed to not being PK'd continuously by not leaving.

imo

So, say for example, I have a Himi X claim, right? I am pulling the Himi up and some dude comes along and PK's me. I revive, shootup, go back to claim, start digging and get PK'd. I revive, shootup, go back to the claim, start digging and get PK'd again.

Ok, now if you answered no, think of this scenario...
I have <insert any ore here> claim, right? I am pulling the <insert any ore here> up and some dude comes along and PK's me. I revive, go back to the claim, start digging and get PK'd. I revive, go back to the claim, start digging and get PK'd again.

If you answered differently to these two scenarios, you shouldn't be in PVP.
If you answered Yes to both, then you're an <expletive>.
imo
Keep in mind I don't PK.

If it is not the same guy that pk'd you then no but if it is the same guy and he is camped out at your claim just to pk you personally then yes it could be considered harassment.

And then you would get some friends who are highly skilled and kill the SOB problem solved.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for contacting us with your enquiry. You may indeed kill players in pvp zones, however, if your repeatedly sabotage another person's experience of the Entropia Universe we may consider it harrassment.

If you are so serious about pvp we suggest you visit designated pvp zones as well.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support
Thanks for that binfordw. I wonder how they choose what case is harassment and what is not?

OMFG!!
This isnt rocket science people?!

Harass someone, as in continually pk them, and effect their game play, without their consent to play along, EVEN in PvP, thats harassment!! Its NOT that hard to understand!!

People that need it spelling out should be ashamed!!

You know what harassment is!!
I agree DJ - but with the varying nature of the psyche of the participants of the game - this all becomes very subjective as to what people would consider within the bounds. And herein lies the problem.

Different peoples definitions of where that line is will be different, when playing this computer game.

But these posted support cases now at least let us have some insight into where this line is in MA's eyes.

You are free to do what you like in the contaminated zones - but don't kill someone more than once in the other open PVP areas, as you could risk getting a warning, and if you persist, maybe even even locked.

They should write this up somewhere on their website I suppose, but at least they send out a warning first, without penalty - so participants know they have crossed the line :laugh:

But this whole thread was born from another..In my defence.

Someone was targeted, as in bounty on thier head.

Is that fair??

They get targetted wherever they go?

Is it fair to be victimised??

Is it?

omg this is DJ's last post !

Why did she got banned ?

So much hostility in the air :popcorn:

If you are in PvP and you get shot, you get shot in PvP. Duh... nothing to it. Whether your mob is half dead and someone taking over the kill, or people don't let you get to your tower or big ore claim...

Screw you, you shouldn't have come to PvP if you can't deal or at least outsmart the people that actually make a live out of pk-ing.

MA/FPC warning someone for pk-ing in PvP zones is one more proof of MA losing it's head lately...

Also, ofcourse it is personal. PVP is the most personal profession in the game. You hunt people down and kill them. When you get killed, you go back in to try and kill the person who killed you, is that not personal?

But for god sake this is a goddamn game ! (up... sorry, Universe :wise: )

Have some fun, will ya ! :wise:

If it is not the same guy that pk'd you then no but if it is the same guy and he is camped out at your claim just to pk you personally then yes it could be considered harassment.

This is bollocks!! You all know that deep down. It's a Player Versus Player zone for crying out loud.

These zones always have been known to hold more recources/better loot, special ores, special mobs. People that can't seriously partake in PvP come their to try and get their piece of the pie.:tower:

As soon their asses get :sniper:of a couple of times they start :cry: that it isn't fair.

Hello! Yeah you :poke:, wake up. It's PvP :handgun:...

I seriously :dunno: how people come up with this :bs: all the time.

And it is very very sad that MA/FPC actually takes these people serious. All in all PvP is the right of the strongest. That's why I hardly come over there.
And all crybabies in this thread should stay out of it as well when they don't want to get shot. Period!!

Hmmm...

Rig was -closed- many times in PVP.
Good spawns were -closed- many times in PVP.

So where's the problem?

:scratch2:

as Kemp says the rules of a pvp zone are person versus player , Let's face it I don't think anyone would ever be silly enough to claim being killed by a mob repeatedly could ever constitute harassment ;)

I'm not overly keen on pvp as you can totally spoil someone's day so I tend to stay away if I'm not in the mood :rolleyes:

If you go into a pvp zone to mine better resources then the risk is the cost and If you can't retrieve them then by the rules of a pvp environment you get help so you can :rolleyes:

Question is why are you in a pvp zone :scratch2:

Or maybe pvp zones need to be renamed to Shoot Players Occasionally :cool:

OMFG Carebears.

Cry some more...

Shame on you MA for the mixed messages.

Waaawaaawaaaa I tell on you for killing me in a killing zone. waaaa waaa - grow up.

I think that anywhere MA has intentionally set up a pvp area, you should be able to kill anyone at any time, any number of times, for any reason. Period. This rule would be very easy for MA to enforce and players to understand, as there is zero ambiguity.

In game players may have other "unwritten rules", which may differ from player to player, and any disputes of these "unwritten rules" should be handled in game. No support cases.

I think that anywhere MA has intentionally set up a pvp area, you should be able to kill anyone at any time, any number of times, for any reason. Period. This rule would be very easy for MA to enforce and players to understand, as there is zero ambiguity.

In game players may have other "unwritten rules", which may differ from player to player, and any disputes of these "unwritten rules" should be handled in game. No support cases.

I concur - either you have PVP - or not

Simple as that.

When you enter a PvP zone, you are notified, both by message and flashing yellow light. If you choose to proceed in spite of these warnings, your actions imply consent to PvP combat.

Can someone be harassed in PvP? Yes. Say you go to a LA and discover it is populated by mobs more powerful than you can handle, you die, and resurect at an outpost in that LA. You do your best to avoid spawns and are almost out of the LA and the resurection border when a PKer decidesthat it would be funny to shoot you. This kill is not harassment, but it would become harassment if that PKer decided that they were going to PK you every time you tried to get out of that LA and begin actively patrolling the LA border to catch you the next time you try and make it through - they are intentionally disrupting your ability to play. Actively hunting an individual who is trying to remove themselves from the area could be considered harassment, as the victim is trying to get away from the PKer, not simply running back to where they are. This will become less and less likely to occur once we get our TP chips back.

On the other hand, if a monster spawn is particularly popular and is uniqe to a PvP zone, that is bound to create competition for those mobs. Much like closing the rig, stronger players may wipe out the weaker competition in order to control the spawn for the time being. If the weaker players keep coming back and keep being killed, that isn't harassment, as they are knowingly returning to a hostile environment. I don't care if they wanted to hunt that specific mob, they can come back later when the PKers are no longer locking it down - there is always something else that you can do.

One of the locked threads that spawned this topic brought up PvP Killstealing. If you are in PvP, where players can hurt and/or kill you, hunting with other green dots nearby is a risk you take. I've never PvP KSed somebody, but I've had it happen to me and know that it was the risk I chose to take by hunting where a player can kill me. If you know you can't beat the PKer in a fight, do as much damage as you can to the mob to try and get it tagged as yours - then they can't just kill you and finish off the mob for some easy loot.

If you want to hunt or mine without the possibility that some player is going to plug you in the back - hunt on Eudoria. I've gone back to skill up BLP rifles and have taken to hunting the bots near JC - I've seen 5-6 green dots at once in the spawn out there and competition for mobs closer to the service center is fairly high, I would love to be able to thin out the crowd, but it isn't PvP enabled.

In short:
Hunting someone with the intent to kill them repeatedly and make their life hell is harassment, killing anyone you come across and/or anyone that keeps coming back after you kill them is NOT.

why was DJ banned? :scratch2:

You must consider that Amethera actually was there before designted PvP areas were, so maybe the PvP possibility in the vast lands of amethera maybe just is a remnant from old times when the community was small and players knew and therefore respecting each other unquestionned.

Really?

On the topic:

In my opinion, if people get killed in a pvp area, where they choose to go in the first place, then they shouldnt be a crybaby about it.

If anyone is to blame it's MA, for again not being clear on issues and leaving a lot of 'grey area' in their approach to things. How the @#$ are us players supposed to know there are pvp areas where you can't kill people as much and in any way you want?!

I just noticed that too - strange, DJ is rather reputable.

She seems most active in these threads in the last 24h, and doesn't seem like she's done anything wrong.

But on topic - it doesn't seem that people are going to come to an agreement on PKing and so forth.

So just be careful when you're in a PK area :D

I actually saw some topic before where postings from dj. and someone else got deleted on rule 2.2. I can't rememeber which one it was nor can I find it anymore. It was on the first page of the thread I mean, maybe if you browse a bit you can find it yourself, however, that's probably the reason.

It's PVP.

That means that if you are in a PVP area someone else can come to you when you are half way through a mob, kill you, and steal it.

OK, it might be rude/bad manners, but MA made it PVP there. if MA think it's harassment, turn the damn PVP OFF!

IS it harassment if I am mining an area, and someone else comes along and starts mining there? It is if I think it is, but that does not mean the other miner deserves to be censured because he/she is trying to mine the same place as me.

I was at the oil rig a few days ago and this avi "Wastelander" kept killing me.
I think A support case needed. :)

I haven't read the entire thread that has been locked and this one too so correct me if I am wrong please...

I see here a debate about killing people in pvp areas.

What I don't understand is why...

I remember about 1 year ago when there was that player Letum Latro or something like that... he was killing people near Amethera TPs... and everyone was complaining...

Now I see someone is killed in a PVP zone and most people are saying it is correct..

What is the difference in these 2 situations? Is it because someone with more reputation was killed in the 1st one and started to complain, others are following... but in the 2nd, the killer has more reputation so people are defending him?

There is no need to flame me, I am just wondering...

Last edited:
What is the difference in these 2 situations? Is it because someone with more reputation was killed in the 1st one and started to complain, others are following... but in the 2nd, the killer has more reputation so people are defending him?

Well, a couple things, first off - intent. Killing someone in PvP is doing what PvP was made for, exploiting the fact that the TP was in a PvP zone to greif other players is doing it with the intention of causing others duress.

The second is that all outposts and TPs are now in non-PvP zones and people are filing support cases about being killed in PvP-enabled areas. When you willingly enter an area that gives you multiple warnings that other players can kill you, your actions are implying your consent to be another possible target and/or killer. There are plenty of non-PvP areas in the game, so it isn't like anyone is forced to enter PvP in the first place.

Hunting someone with the intent to kill them repeatedly and make their life hell is harassment, killing anyone you come across and/or anyone that keeps coming back after you kill them is NOT.

Now read this:

I think that anywhere MA has intentionally set up a pvp area, you should be able to kill anyone at any time, any number of times, for any reason. Period.

Get the conflict? No matter your view, there will always be interpretations.

Sadly to say, I think the only way to solve this is that MA removes the general PVP on amathera and introduces dedicated yellow pvp zones.

Sadly to say, I think the only way to solve this is that MA removes the general PVP on amathera and introduces dedicated yellow pvp zones.

I would be in favor of that - I would actually go to Amathera more if they did it. My problem is two fold - I get paranoid hunting in PvP zones because I know I have an itchy trigger finger and will fire at anyone that I don't know the moment they get in range, so I assume others do as well. Paranoia + Aggression = fun times back in the day when the rig was still only a year or so old and green dots were all over PvP2... I don't remember how many people in OJ I sniped just because they wandered too close to me when I was killing trox.

When you enter a PvP zone, you are notified, both by message and flashing yellow light. If you choose to proceed in spite of these warnings, your actions imply consent to PvP combat.

Can someone be harassed in PvP? Yes. Say you go to a LA and discover it is populated by mobs more powerful than you can handle, you die, and resurect at an outpost in that LA. You do your best to avoid spawns and are almost out of the LA and the resurection border when a PKer decidesthat it would be funny to shoot you. This kill is not harassment, but it would become harassment if that PKer decided that they were going to PK you every time you tried to get out of that LA and begin actively patrolling the LA border to catch you the next time you try and make it through - they are intentionally disrupting your ability to play. Actively hunting an individual who is trying to remove themselves from the area could be considered harassment, as the victim is trying to get away from the PKer, not simply running back to where they are. This will become less and less likely to occur once we get our TP chips back.

On the other hand, if a monster spawn is particularly popular and is uniqe to a PvP zone, that is bound to create competition for those mobs. Much like closing the rig, stronger players may wipe out the weaker competition in order to control the spawn for the time being. If the weaker players keep coming back and keep being killed, that isn't harassment, as they are knowingly returning to a hostile environment. I don't care if they wanted to hunt that specific mob, they can come back later when the PKers are no longer locking it down - there is always something else that you can do.

One of the locked threads that spawned this topic brought up PvP Killstealing. If you are in PvP, where players can hurt and/or kill you, hunting with other green dots nearby is a risk you take. I've never PvP KSed somebody, but I've had it happen to me and know that it was the risk I chose to take by hunting where a player can kill me. If you know you can't beat the PKer in a fight, do as much damage as you can to the mob to try and get it tagged as yours - then they can't just kill you and finish off the mob for some easy loot.

If you want to hunt or mine without the possibility that some player is going to plug you in the back - hunt on Eudoria. I've gone back to skill up BLP rifles and have taken to hunting the bots near JC - I've seen 5-6 green dots at once in the spawn out there and competition for mobs closer to the service center is fairly high, I would love to be able to thin out the crowd, but it isn't PvP enabled.

In short:

couldnt have said it better i agree 100%

if there a mob spawn and poeple are hunting there and dont want you there and kill you dont go back other than if you want to die

harasing the only thing i could see if your trying to get out and they keep you stuck at one place and wont let you out that harasing

but if you keep going there and you can avoid it its not

I have to agree with DJ that it's just sad that people need this spelled out for them.

I don't think that MA made some groundbreaking change to the game recently. They designed PVP for a reason.

But just because something is POSSIBLE in the game client does not mean that it's always a legitimate practice, such as exploits and bugs used to amass profit, etc.

There are PVP zones on Planet Calypso. There is also a harrassment policy. The policy clearly states:

Harassment is the deliberate misuse and abuse of functions in the virtual world of the Entropia Universe in order to cause distress or offense to another participant. Virtual world functions include, but are not limited to, trading with other participants, the acquisition and use of weapons, and chatting to others. What is very important in determining whether a particular in-world function is being abused and constitutes harassment is the "intention". Is a participant deliberately trying to disrupt another participants involvement in the Entropia Universe?

While certain actions may cause distress to other participants, it is not considered harassment until it has been determined by MindArk that it was done to intentionally cause personal distress to other participants.

Any behavior that is unrelenting, inescapable, offensive and directed specifically at you or your group is also considered harassment.

The key words I see here are unrelenting, inescapable, offensive, or directed specifically at one or their group. I think it's safe to assume that ALL PK activities in PVP zones are not harrassment. Plenty of PK behavior falls within the normal parameters of enjoyable game play, even if you're the hunted prey.

But there are also extreme forms of action and sometimes deliberate and consistent efforts to deprive certain players or all players of being able to enjoy the game, and those things do constitute harrassment, even if the client software allows you to do it. Trapping someone at a revival is a perfect example. Setting out to PK others whenever engaged in a mob and consistently kill stealing from every player you find might constitute others.

Is it really so hard to understand that there can be a few extreme forms of action that are harrassment, while almost all of the rest are perfectly clear and acceptable?

Sometimes I think people just want to make this more difficult. For what end I do not know.

let me hear what you think about this one

i am runing all across amethera just in the newly deployed vu 10.0 doing my maps (look for them at the bottom of my sig). i fall into an amethera land with neconu and a pvp turned on, since i need to get into the revival to map it i revive there, all ok untill here.

i start to run to the nearest way out of the land and a green dot came closer and without warning kills me.... i revive and head back to the same road out and tell him "im unarmed and unarmored im trying to get out" he kills me again and laughs at it.

this repeats 3 or 4 times telling me "this is a pvp area" " you are a trheat to me" i kill you because i want" and so on

this my friends is DAMM harrastment and as it i reported, dunno what you think about it but the players that dit it deserve some time offline to learn the difference.

im keeping the name and the soc undisclosed because he knows who it is and i have no trouble telling it if the rules of this place let me do so

So with a functioning EU would this be a problem at all? If you had a functioning TP chip, would you bother?

Now read this:

Get the conflict? No matter your view, there will always be interpretations.

No, I don't get the conflict, because if you read my opinion again, you will see that there is zero room for interpretation. Again, the rule should be that if you are in a pvp zone you can kill anyone, at any time, any number of times, for any reason. In other words, there should be no such thing as "harassment" in a pvp zone.

Back