Support news from JWT

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Statement from the CEO Jan Welter Timkrans concerning upcoming systems inside Entropia Universe

“We are currently prioritizing the systems necessary for the entire “Entropia Universe Concept” to function correctly. This includes getting the rudimentary space flight system that we had implemented in earlier versions up to speed. This is now our number one priority, which I am sure a number of current holders of hangars are pleased to hear. The new space system will permit flight from one planet to any other planet within the Entropia Universe and of course there will be opportunities for a lot of adventures along your travels.

We would also like to inform you that we have already employed about 20% new programmers who have started work in 2011 and we are aiming to employ about 20% additional programmers in the first and second quarters of 2011 so we can speed up the delivery of systems into Entropia Universe. Work has already started on the “Taming” and “ Mentoring” systems which will be back with a number of added features. Next in line is the “Makeup” and “Beacon “systems and mutants.”

Sincerely,

Jan Welter Timkrans

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:

billairboy

Elite
Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
{moved to OP. Thanks}

Last edited by a moderator:

Mary Jane

Stalker
Society
The Great Pretenders
Mary Mary Jane
FINNALLY SOME INFORMATION...

Thankz guys ...

ghita

Dominant
Bad Girl
It seems that changes are good.Finnaly we can wait for something.thx

emerson

Old
Nice to get info.

Looks like they're going to push out hangars as expensive teleporters. So no change in gameplay there.

And if work is just starting on taming I wouldn't expect it finished until 2012. You know, when the world is ending.

Oleg

Mutated
Society
Rangers
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Did someone from MA just talk to us? :eyecrazy:

Wistrel

Elite
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti

XeroX2

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marcus XeroX Cicero
wow, it speaks :eyecrazy:
yeah I must admit i was surprised... but also pleased to hear something...
even if it is not really that "good" news since it means that development is like really faaaar behind...
I mean the ETA for all old systems was 2010... but after reading this we will most likely not see them all in...

BigBertha

Stalker
Society
SDW
BigBertha Lucky Freedom
OMGAAAWD WE HAVE A STRANGE SIGNAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AHH THE EGG.... NOOO AAAHHH THE MUTANTS... NOOO AAAAAH THE ANSWERS!!!!!!!!
:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Centech

Elite
Society
BAHQ4LIFE!!!
Jason Centech Tanner
I want to see if I understand correctly.. It seems like all 'game systems' are still in MA's hands. So, what do the planet partners actually do? Just design a map and create some missions?

This is disappointing. I seems to mean that no new planet can actually have any new and unique game systems? For instance.. in planet michael.. there has been talk about something analogous to combat using dancing. Is this something that SDS is going to develop or are they dependent on MA (and its 10 year legacy of taking forever to deliver anything) to implement?

toad

Stalker
Society
Deagleteam
Christer toad Johansson
This will be an interesting year :)

aia

Marauder
FYI WHATS WITH MUTants anyway ?
Well the thing that immediately comes to mind, missing ones, should be pretty easy:
- Calamusoid (F) (Hasn't been ingame since vu 9)
- Calamusoid (M) (Currently replaced by maffoids)
- Umbranoids (a source for higher level (L) whips? Orbs back as interplanetary teleporters?)
- Biffoids (gimme a chance to loot a mod fap :laugh: )
- Feffoid traders?

and maybe some locations related to this:
- Feffoid camps? (Maybe even with a clean feff spawn like during the egg event)
- Statue & camp back (ok 512m hill ain't no more but maybe on some other hill?)
- Umbranoid villages and towns
- Thorifoid village with temple (maybe even with possibility to enter temple)
- Argonaut village? (well there used to be something that with good imagination could be a argo village between Bivo and Fort Argus, without imagination it looked like a collection of big rocks leaned towards eachother)

Though, I guess (re-)implementing this is a 99% FPC thing. To implement it quickly the feffoid trader could be implemented as a trade terminal ("trade pappoo"). As is probably (re-)implementing turps, repesilexes, aetherex and gradivores. (Turps and repesilexes have been ingame during "vu 10" but have been looking a bit strange.) Turps as a source for Turp leather (lol) and repesilexes wood extractors (I think). Gradivores used to be a "source" of TP(II) chips outside pvp4. Aetherex, well probably plain annoying when you hunt fugas (lol) as they are pretty aggro but I wouldn't mind them back ingame in some remote area.

Ah and maybe the creature I've called plasmoid. (Name analogous to "calamusoid","umbranoid", "feffoid" etc.)

Last edited:

Einstein

Elite
Society
GD
Why beacons and instances as the last priority :eek:

It was one of the coolest features ingame!

Anyway, great to see some reaction. Please make this a standard thing. Why does the community always need to go berserk before there is some information??

Wistrel

Elite
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti
So to summarise the summary:

NUMBER ONE PRIORITY = "The new space system will permit flight from one planet to any other planet within the Entropia Universe and of course there will be opportunities for a lot of adventures along your travels"

2. Taming and Mentoring (already started)

3. Makeup

4. Mentoring

5. Beacons

6. Mutants

No mention of new avatars (realistically it would be daft to start makeup of Mutants before this is done) not even convinced taming is a good idea without it tbh.

Well, I we'll see if any of the above actually happens.

Wistrel

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
The reason why the Umbranoids is gone is because there's a code missing for them to function properly.
You should have a contest for who can make the best story for their return :yay: I have a good one that I have been thinking about posting but... ;)

Nukem

Provider
Society
Patriot's
Mr Nukem Quayjay
Does this statement have any effect on the current distribution of loot in the game? Just curious, I know that alot of people are wanting to see the old systems put back in effect as do I, but most of the complaints in my society chat is focused on the horrible returns everyone is getting.

Huskie

Elite
Society
Apocalyptic Uprising
John Huskie Hunt
I only hope these newly hired programmers means crap like these non-functional updates becomes less frequent, rather than the other way around. :mad:

Xavier Target

Old Alpha
Under the I-96 overpass getting free wifi from Pan
Xavier Target Technosplurg
You old time EU'ers crack me up...so excited to hear news about features that are mear legend to me..... I still have no idea what a beacon is....

NOW WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

This thread is just a figment of your imagination.......

ranpha

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
Does this statement have any effect on the current distribution of loot in the game? Just curious, I know that alot of people are wanting to see the old systems put back in effect as do I, but most of the complaints in my society chat is focused on the horrible returns everyone is getting.
Funny thing is that they said it si the same system as in 9.4 :)

Mary Jane

Stalker
Society
The Great Pretenders
Mary Mary Jane
The reason why the Umbranoids is gone is because there's a code missing for them to function properly.
Are FPC sick?
So simple answers make us more relax...

Keep coming information from inside anyways we are parte of community :p

Very glad to see information coming out... :yay: