Forum Transition: Status Update

Like the new mobile template thats been added, one issue i had though, is its hard to return to any other template once your in mobile.

Luckily i accidentally got it to return to normal.

The Joined date on the left does not make much sense without the Year ;)

Like the new mobile template thats been added, one issue i had though, is its hard to return to any other template once your in mobile.

Luckily i accidentally got it to return to normal.

On the mobile template, there is a link at the bottom of every page:

Default Template

which returns you to the normal PCF template.

Great progress!! I am very glad I am not involved in the migration process :laugh:

Thanks for the long hours :thumbup:

On the mobile template, there is a link at the bottom of every page:

Default Template

which returns you to the normal PCF template.

Where do i change from normal to mobile templet on my phone? :laugh:

Avatar name and society profile fields are now once again displayed in the postbit area (the member information area to the left of each post).

Forum spy is back, link available in the Quick Links menu in the top navigation bar.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/spy.php

Cold you make the spy act like in the old forum. That if you click a thread in the spy it opens up a new window?

K

Will we have a function to search for post made by FPC officials?

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but having the title text of new post in a smaller size than the name of the person who posted it, not very pleasing on the eye and hard to scan down the list and see the subjects

exclude from new posts

not sure if its just me who cant see this option somewhere or if it needs to be reimplemented...

Original post about excluding forum sections from new posts by 711

i found being able to remove the sections i didnt want to view in the new posts list incredibly useful and would love to have it back or be pointed in the right direction to edit the options again.

I dont know if its supposed to, but the current forum spy shows when someone reports a post, doesnt say who reported just what was reported.

I dont know if its supposed to, but the current forum spy shows when someone reports a post, doesnt say who reported just what was reported.

This is intended functionality of the improved forum spy that has been installed, which shows lots more info than the old one.

At the bottom left corner of every forum page, there is a style chooser drop-down box.

Excellent, tyvm :wtg:

Where is the button to add an image from the gallery???

I don't like the http link image button :mad: and where is the cuss icon :)

Where is the button to add an image from the gallery???

I don't like the http link image button :mad: and where is the cuss icon :)

LOL this will be two for two!! :D

:cussing:lol I like the other one personaly but this ones good too!! :wtg:

not sure if its just me who cant see this option somewhere or if it needs to be reimplemented...

Original post about excluding forum sections from new posts by 711

i found being able to remove the sections i didnt want to view in the new posts list incredibly useful and would love to have it back or be pointed in the right direction to edit the options again.

In the line with the section description to the right of "Last post" you should see a small blue "^". That's it :)

In the line with the section description to the right of "Last post" you should see a small blue "^". That's it :)

if u mean when u view all the forums? the little ^ icon just collapses the selected forum box, i belive the posts in that section will still appear when u choose "new posts" from the navigation bar, at least they do for me.

if u mean when u view all the forums? the little ^ icon just collapses the selected forum box, i belive the posts in that section will still appear when u choose "new posts" from the navigation bar, at least they do for me.

Oh, I misread... :ahh:

Sorry

LOL this will be two for two!! :D

:cussing:lol I like the other one personaly but this ones good too!! :wtg:

LOL!! I am calling to make an appt to get my eyes checked!! it must have been hiding in the same place! :eek:

Any word on the Youtube Shortcode for old posts? Just asking :)

On the forum spy, sometimes a entry comes up with the link to the post as "unknown" without any link

Will the activitiy / longevity bars be returning ?

These two bars were pretty useful in gauging whether other forum users were still playing / using the forum and how long they had been a member. The join date is still present, so longevity isn't so much an issue, but activity can let you know if a poster has quit or on a break.

ps: I still cant see how to add a picture to a post.

ps: I still cant see how to add a picture to a post.

Press this button

picture_button_260364.jpg

And insert the link to the image thus:
picture_button2.jpg

Alternatively, paste the BBImage code for a thumbnail (thumbnail doesn't work properly for first image posted)

Thanks, I saw that icon, but it didnt work in the same way as previously with EF.

Needs to be put back to how it used to work however.

These two bars were pretty useful in gauging whether other forum users were still playing / using the forum and how long they had been a member. The join date is still present, so longevity isn't so much an issue, but activity can let you know if a poster has quit or on a break.

And what about all those icons I purchased? I hope we get them back.

Back