Info: LOOT! Secret Revealed by Support

I'm not gonna beat this dead horse anymore... I've seen pointless perc gains so much that i'm convinced it's bs.. Perc is just a normal skill contributing to ur hit professions mostly, and gives hp, why it would b a clue to loot in ppl's minds is clear. They read too much into it's description. Why does it need another function other than advancing beats me.

That would take more time and ped than I have curently.

Hmm, but I am gunna get paid at the end of the month for the OLA2 event...
But the time part, I guess im not really sure how long that would take.

50 - as long as the other skill is not alertness, I think that could be done.

So, you mean something like hangun skill vs. perception skill?

Expand on the system you would like to use, im getting to the point I might do it for free.

MAybe the reason is sloe - so that you can actually "hunt" as opposed to pull a slot machine lever over and over?

Buddy, i technically haven't depoed since last xmas, and i was 70 on tracker last month, i think i hunt lol.

The one depo i made i got it payed within a day or two and took the money to cancel it, and i'm slowly paying off some rl stuff too playin btw lol. About 500 usd last month and about 100 this one, tyvm. I think i'm doin alright lol.

I think ur a bit full of urself tbh lol.

PS. I don't recommend u try to assume other's play styles or success, u can look like a douche easily that way.

Last edited:
If I gave up my theory, would you try it over a long period of time?

To truly judge for yourself?

If I do this and you find it to work, what would you offer in return for this information?

Make me an offer.

Could we make it a competition for more than 1 person, maybe the entire community?

Witte may be interested, but to me it's no diff than baseball players not washing their undies for luck, nty lol.

That would take more time and ped than I have curently.

Hmm, but I am gunna get paid at the end of the month for the OLA2 event...
But the time part, I guess im not really sure how long that would take.

50 - as long as the other skill is not alertness, I think that could be done.

So, you mean something like hangun skill vs. perception skill?

Expand on the system you would like to use, im getting to the point I might do it for free.

MAybe the reason is sloe - so that you can actually "hunt" as opposed to pull a slot machine lever over and over?

You should pick a skill as similar to perc as possible, in order to make the condition also as similar as possible. You may also propose a different test method, the goal is that the test is done properly.

Just to let you know, AFAIK 2 of these test were already done. One did not show any correlation at all, another test did suggest there was a correlation.

I dont understand sloe - being number 70 on the tracker you would have the ability to test my theory.

You could then make an unbaised opinion.

I would argue that no tests have been done using my entire theory.

The sole reason is likely that i like to grind, depending how ur theory works i MAY b willin to test it, but i don't ever ss globies anymore or even smaller hofs so i'm not the best candidate, it's my lack of patience. i like a thick spawn i can chew through in no time, so if it can b done like that, sure.

EDIT. sry if i come across as a little unyielding, just seen this one for yrs ingame and inforum, i DO hope ur right, but i'm just EXTREMELY skeptical at this point.

This is good info hope that it is true and factual

Saying, look i got a perception increase, and then saying look i got a bigger then normal loot sometime after the perception increase means nothing.

A bigger then normal loot happens about 4% of the time over all(most of these are small loots, if the normal loot is 0.5-2.5 ped, about 2% of the time it will be more like 6.5 ped, about 1% of the time, more like 15 ped, and the other 1% will be bigger then that). You can go a long time between them or you can get a lot back to back. I usually get a burst of them after ive had a period of lots of no looters or lower then normal average loots.

If i got out and hunt for 4 or 5 hours on things i can kill fast i usually get a dozen or so of the uncommon loot sizes.

If you are killing things fast, you will get a bigger then normal loot a large percentage of the time shortly after a perception increase just because perception increases are not rare.

Ive tracked uncommon loots very precisely with mining. With that i can basically predict how many uncommons ill get before i even go out, i dont know what size they will be but i know with relative certainty that ill get X of them with a variance of Y. Assuming i keep the run significantly long, if its a short run all bets are off.

I do not track hunting as precisely. I wish the game logged more data to a log file with regards to hunting and i would track it precisely; far too tedious to do it by hand(mining is much easier since you can choose when to extract and its only 1 type of item per deed, so tracking uncommons is easy). But even without that, knowing what i learned with uncommon rates in mining has carried over pretty exactly to hunting. I can go out for a long hunt and know im going to get X uncommon loots, with a variance of Y.

With hunting you can also see that there are items that ONLY drop in uncommon loot sizes. You can say that item X will never drop in a common loot from mob y, but its very likely to drop in a loot of uncommon tt value.

What does knowing that do for me? NOTHING. I can predict how many uncommons ill get, but i can still have a 60%, 80%, 110%, etc tt return.

In the end its still random, but its somewhat predictable. The more i camp a mob for a long period of the time, the more im amazed at how predictable it is....and at the same time how uncertain it is......thats not a contradiction, its just the duality of the way it is.

Its just like saying that X people are going to enter a store on any given day, and its very likely that they will spend Y dollars, but you dont know what they will buy. You also know that you are likely to see your regulars with A frequency and B variance. Even then you can predict that certain items will sell at certain rates. Every now and then someone will come in an buy your jackpot item. You can predict a lot, but there is still a random nature, and the unexpected.

----------------

To show that perception really does tell you something significant. You would have to show that you know the direction of the big looter, and do it within say 10 kills a LARGE percentage of the time. That would be very significant data. (even then id have to go check and see how common a perception increase is in 10 kills, im just pulling numbers out of the air without looking at frequency data)

If you can do that, cool, id love to see it in action.

If you can just say uncommon loot coming in 10 minutes, or 20 loots after perception...then pffftt means nothing.

Its more like within the next 3 to 5 mobs - depending where im hunting.
Occasionally it is the mob im currently shooting, but I would say only 3% of time on that.

For this reason I pick areas that have spread out, and not max density mobs.
Certain areas of OLA2 and baby Trox North of ithica meet these conditions.

So I think I could meet those conditions Atraie, and show statistical proof.
With over 3000 points in perception, the skill gain for me is fairly rare.

And to top if off - if I dont get perception skills, I dont get shit for loot, nothing over the normal drop.

And sole its cool man, I had exactly the same attitude about this when I was first shown, it took me a while of putting it to practice to decide it actually does mean something.

And im not contentding that it is some sort of system that will make you ped every time you hunt, but you will on average get a higher tt return using my method.

Last edited:
Guys let me eat lunch and think about this for a while.

This is what im thinking-

I will post my theory.

Somehow we will come up with a forum contest to test my theory. this will include a set pattern to follow to standardize the test.

I will provide the theory, somebody else will have to provide the EFD, I dont have any. I will participate in the contest.

Contest members will stick to theory and report findings, somehow, maybe some with ss, some just on thier word.

Something like that, suggestions needed.

Back in a while.

With over 3000 points in perception, the skill gain for me is fairly rare.

What stops your from chipping out perc? It would give you loads of loot. If your theory holds any truth that is.

Because I believe that the higher you perception skill is - the better the system works. MA is rewarding you for your skill level.

I believe that the game at this point - it looking for the opportunity to give me the skill, therefore when I get it- its leading to loot.

I dont get the skill very often at all now. ( level 51 laser pistol, lvl 35 laser sniper)

Because I believe that the higher you perception skill is - the better the system works. MA is rewarding you for your skill level.

I believe that the game at this point - it looking for the opportunity to give me the skill, therefore when I get it- its leading to loot.

I dont get the skill very often at all now. ( level 51 laser pistol, lvl 35 laser sniper)

In that case, high perc should only make it more easy to prove your theory. You will have a "success" way more often.

If you want to construct a test, you need to show that you get an abnormal number of uncommon tt value loots.

From my data it happens 4.4% of the time(actual number is 4.416% out of a sample size of 19408. Thats mining, i dont have percise hunting numbers). Splitting it further by ore/enmatter its 4.3% for enmatter, 4.55% for ore, with pretty close to the same number of claims for each. Assuming both ore and enmatter work the same with uncommon loot sizes, there is a variance of 5.8% just between my 2 data sets of 10,000 data points.

Whats a reasonable change in number of uncommons for a value that low? Showing a 5% uncommon rate in a set of 10000 loot events probably would not be enough. 5.5% would probably convince me(20% higher).

Im not a statistician so those are gut feel numbers, if there are any statisticians out there, whats a reasonable sample size, and what kinda variance on 4.5% would be reasonable to assume that the test influenced it?

Since its mining data, that number might not directly apply to hunting, so you would need a control group as well completely ignoring skill messages.

The big problem is accurately recording loot events. This is tedious for hunting because there is no chat message for looters, you could estimate it from ammo shot and no looter messages, but its just an estimate.

If there was a "you have looted xxx" chat message id happily log exact numbers of uncommon hunting loots. But without it im not wiling to track 10,000 hunting loot events by hand!

Just a test hunt for myself

I start with 220K light, 1K medium, going to OLA2 to hunt big trox.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

ok, took me a while but just got perception

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

This is 50/50 toss up on my thoery - because as you can see someone just popped up on my radar. We will see.

Well, this run I was not able to prove anything, really - I got 1 more perception, but 5 seconds later someone teleported into my radar.
But the result of a 230 ped hunt was total a huge loss(90 ped return with decay calculated in), and only 2 perceptions, both false ones, but my theory accounts for these.

Ill go ahead and post my theoy however. Take a look a couple of posts down.

Last edited:
:scratch2:hum I have depoed a lot of ped and the highest loot I had so far is a 2503 ped comibibo mature and that was a few days ago.
Peace.

Well, being a 4 year player this is what I have discovered. ( this was an email I sent to another player, I wasnt typing all this again)

And this is a theory, that seems to work well for me and members of my society. It has lead to several +1000 hofs.

Basically it works like this -

When you get a perception skill, your close to several things.

1. An "unusual" loot - that is, a loot that the mob does not currently drop. This doesnt mean global of HOF, simply unusual.
For example - a pixie face mask off an exosaur will generate a perception.
It can also mean a loot of over 8 ped -

Now this is problem within its self - a Hogglo - can USUALLY drop a loot of 8 to 9 ped. But I still use the tactic on them and they lead to globals.

It works differently for differnt mobs. Example - old neas, ambus - perception skill meant that the loot was within your small radar circle, direction was not relevant.
(Sea of mobs) = perception = very close loot, direction not implied.

But say if im hunting baby trox North of Ithica, the skill is very directional. I can get a perception - and continue to run the direction im facing, i will find the perception loot.

The higher your perception skill is, the better this sytem seems to work. ( im a lvl 51 pistol guy - with about 2960 skill points in perception.)

So why dont I global all the time if this is true? Because "false" perceptions can be generated by several things.

1. Fruit, stones or dung on the ground.
2. Another player on the edge, or just outside your radar range. (This is a pvp perception, to alert you to thier position) OR that someone is about to tp into your radar.
3. A storekeeper at a shack on an LA seems to set it off as well.
4. For certain mobs - like estophyll - rare extractors, and paint cans, can give you the skill, as that is an "unusual" drop for that mob. Hence I dont hunt them.

AND even if you get an "unusual " loot (say an atrox fang) if the total value of loot is under 8ped it will most likly NOT generate a perception.

The point here is to pay VERY close attention to what you loot. Learning what a "perception loot" is - is the key. Allot of the time I get just a mob skin, or paint cans, Im not pleased. But the majority of the time (80%) I global.

THIS IS WHAT MAKES YOU A "HUNTER" - not just a random slot machine puller.

This is how I use it in practice.

I usually hunt either hogglo, or Big Trox on OLA2 North of Nate valley, or the small trox north of iticha. (Since the new engine has come out)

So , I begin my hunt, I am looking for the percpetion skill. I kill a couple of trox, no skill, I fucking move. Sometime I just run a little, sometime I jump to other side of LA, whatever. The point is if your not getting the skill - MOVE. (just like when mining, no skills=no mines around).

I always line up other mobs with the one I am killing - trying to gain the skill, direction is important. ITs not always in line however.

Once I have gained the skill, I stay put, or continue in the direction I was facing. This is what makes you a perception hunter.

This is what has lead me to several major hofs - this is what makes me win LA events. People always bitch when i show up for an LA event, as I win the majority of the time, or place in top 3. Even when there are lvl 70 players in the contest.

I was taught this at an early point in my avatar life by a VERY old player.
This also works for mining - skill based mining - but I dont know that system as well, and I hate mining. Look at the posts by LEGION (NBK) for info on that, his sytem works well for me sometimes, it basically states that if your not getting any mining skills, there are no mines around (basically).

Try my system for a good amount of time, you will see it works to much to be random. I didnt believe this theory when i was told it, but I stuck to it and it has worked over the long run for me.

But, finding the skill is still not enough to make me constantly profit in this game. I still get !!!!!, or only break even for ammo the majority of the time, even with all my globals. (Jag armor and my 41 military with A103 costs a shitload of decay)

I deposited 160$ US since the new engine, and over time I have lost it all. But I have produced 20 globals on OLA2 during that time. (dosent seem like much, but im hunting Trox guardian, domis, and alphas) The majority of them come from perception.

Problem is for me - One hour of hunting costs me 230 ped. Even if I global once, I usually only break even for the ammo! then I have to pay 60 to 70 ped in decay.

Try my theory, it may work for you, my society didnt believe me either when I showed them, now they swear by it. Not only that, but try to refine it further, add to it if you can!

Good luck young Jedi - hope that helps ya out. if it does send me some pos rep and EFD. ;) Lucky Seven

Last edited:
And when even a single person has a higher TT return than 100% this would no longer be possible?

How "no longer"? It has never been possible... and ofc, i was talking about "on the long run" and not about the odd profitable hunt/mining run/crafting run in between - and TT value of loot only.

Wrong - perception hunting works like a charm, you just dont know what a perception loot is. ( I guess im just lucky to win LA events all the time, lol, keep thinking that - Im the TAX man on OLA2 for this month, check the event thread)

Yeah, forgive me, i just joined the game last july... :rolleyes:

(yes, that was sarcasm, just in case you missed it)

Think of it this way - a certain mob is a "bonus" or "unusual" loot - perception leads ya to it. But - when you kill it - MA LOOKS AT YOU - what weapon your using, what armor your wearing, YOUR SKILLS AND LEVEL, etc.. AND THEN GENERATES THE LOOT.

Perception is a myth, and "MA LOOKS AT YOU" must be the must naive bit i've read on EF - EVER.
And that's quite a while now...

Skillgains come in waves, loot does, too - that both "waves" are somewhat in sync lets people with those "i want to believe" posters think there is something to it - but in reality, perc leads you as much towards a bigger loot as the direction a snable is sneezing... :rolleyes:

This is why you will never see a level 10 player hit a ATH. They dont have the skills to do it.

Do you.... really play the same game? Because i have seen total mining noobs (quite below lvl 10) hit ath towers right next to me, in an area that was carpeted directly before... carpeted twice... by my humble self.

If skills do influence loot, they rather make loots worse than better... if anything at all. Maybe you go out and try to actually gain some skills before you proclaim that such an unlikely theory as the perception thingie means anything: There isn't even a reason to code something like this.

No wonder MA doesn't take players for serious if bullshit rumours like "constantly looting >100%" and "perception gains = big loot" are presented as if there is actually anything to it.
Everyone feel free to believe what they want to, but lets please not mix up your personal believes and proven facts, okay?

One of them being "it works"...

/Edit:

I will offer 10000EFD for statistical evidence that indisputably proves that perc leads to more loot.

Make it 50K EFD, i'll add another 40000 EFD!

Lucky, are you, by chance, Legions younger brother, his dogs hairdresser or in any way influenced from his bullshit theories?
Because if so, i've already wasted way too many posts here...

/Edit2:

Pattern recognition: A parrable

Perception - are you a pidgeon????

All there is to know about perception gains...

Last edited:
I posted my entire theory, right before your post.

You can take it or leave it, I dont give a shit about you, or what you think. You apparently havent looked at my rep in this forum. Wanna get personal? GO fuck yourself.

And I already gave a reason for the possibility of low lvl players hitting big.

And yes Im maximum fatness! And Im done with this thread, good day.

Last edited:
If loot actually would be avatar based (so generated according to the avatar statistics when looting a mob), this would mean that I got scammed about 7.000 USD why others got paid off very well with monthly Uberloots, and basically everything you do inside EU would turn out completely worthless since skills would be a shit except of being able to feed the "system" faster.

Just my impression, but that's what I feel reading this, scammed.

Basically, i see that theory as something along the lines of.... If i see a toyota on the street on sunday i have an 80 percent chance of running into a government building, grocery store or parking lot within the next 10 blocks... Really doesn't mean a thing that u ran into the toyota first... Oh, and if u don't, well it was just the wrong neighborhood lol.

My loot theory is....if its a red dot on my radar it dies (assuming i can kill it that is). I do fine with that philosophy.

I dont really think players can influence tt return at all. I use to...i dont anymore(other then not doing stupid things like firing into the air). We can influence how much our fap/armor bill is by hunting in or out of our level/gear range, or by skilling more evade/dodge. And we can influence markup, both what we pay for gear and what we sell our loot for.

Id love to see you add something positive to the discussion.

Lets here your theory, lets see you think up something original.

Lets see you offer a better way of doing things.

Lets see you read the entire thread before posting.

I 100% DISAGREE with this theory!

I kept out of this thread because I know otherwise and most are reading into the support statement.

Try scaning mobs prior to killing them and see what the average attributes are. Look for the one with close to double and you will HoF. I proved this to myself hunting trax when I found a 2k HoF and the stats were almost doubled a normal mature. I didn't know what I had found at the time of I would have screen shots, lack of screen shot is why I stayed out of this thread. I had done it several times but hey why else are scanners in the game to nuke each other or another usless tool? or maby not. Scanner works well on Chompers saving ammo. I have to say I saw no differance in scanning a mob that was just a global only a mob that will HoF.

With that said the actual loot may not be generated but it is predetermind if the Mob will pay well or not HoF wise. This is a fact I have proven to myself as a hunter if you don't believe me break out your scaners and gather data for yourself.

Back