Am I getting scammed for 200K? Help please!

AS a customer you cant just hope, you need to speak out specially if you've invested so much into the game. Many successful companies listen to their customers, so many times its been mentioned that theres not enough contact between us players and MA ... even by respectable people on EF like MS9.

“Learn the past, watch the present, and create the future." As usual you dismiss the fact that there were aspects of EU that seemed more promising in the past. you dismiss it because you didnt experience it. The past is what makes the game today so why forget it.

First off the argument that they are not involved or non-communcative or do not learn from their past mistakes are just not true... I personally think they've been too communcative and have given you a false sense of entitlement... Customer feed back is just one of many important varibles that go into a company's reponse and product development... and not every customer or group of customers needs and wants can be fulfilled... for various reason... I want to end PVP... I think it would be good for EU to... so probably not going to happen... even if I got 10 thousand signatures on a petition... but farming is... and wanted that so I'm happy... it's a balancing act...

"Post 87
We've heard the term "Balancing Manager" ad nauseum, but there's been no real description of what that position entails. Please describe exactly what you balance.
Submitted by AlphaGeek

Firstly, there is a whole team involved in balancing work. The team analyze every new system from when it’s only an idea to when you all are using it.

What will the system affect? What will it give and what will it take? What should the cost be to use the system and the items connected to it? Who will use the system, who are the real life users of system and who are the in world users? How will the system affect the performance of the hardware and the software platform and what will it cost to solve possible bottlenecks?

And of course the team continually analyze how a system works long after it has been released.

I certainly have my complaints about what they've done in the past but recognize that things may or may not have been doable for many reasons... but not for some sort of imagined screwing of the playerbase

For the past to be meanigful needs to be put into perspective... as the past is not prologue...

Those that forget the past are destined to repeat in the future

No...It's a lousy quote... history shows us the opposite... it is those who remember the past who keep trying to repeat it.... actually they hold us in the past long after it's expration date... and most often distort the present and future through the distorted lenses of history...

In reality you cannot repeat the past... and past is definitely not prologue and we always fight the last war...

Last edited:
wow this is the most horrible thing I ever seen from MA/FPC... I am totaly speechless... they didnt give you any notice in advance , before the lock?

I'm going to present some facts to you and you can make judgement about the poster. These are 100% factual observations with supporting witnesses as well as posts.

1) Diron posted on EF in this thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/selling/103585-selling-modified-bgh-4400m.html

As the title says "Selling: Modified BGH 4400M"

All bids are welcome. Will sell if price seems right or if it reaches BO.

TT=3300

BO: 120.000 PED

Notice the Buyout of 120,000 PEDS.

2) He placed it into auction after he did not succeed selling it on the forum. The startbid and buyout were something like ~125k PEDS.

3) I visited this "bank" at Argus to check out what sort of loans it was giving. I visit all banks just to check up on them, sometimes giving alerts to the owners of mistakes (Neverdie can attest to this - believe or not I don't just exploit them). Upon my visit I checked out a few of my guns as well as other guns to see what their current offers were. The Foeripper, Modified Dar, Modified Mercenary, Improved Strikehammer, Improved mk2, and every other weapon there were all priced lower than 110k. Somehow the Modified BGH was priced at over 135k (closer to 140k if I recall correctly).

Doesn't this seem like a great opportunity to make some PEDS? As I said I typically alert bank owners of mistakes but I got curious. Something smelled fishy so I PM'd Linden as well as Optima and mentioned it in M2S to a few people. I then proceeded to attempt a loan on 1 of my guns in order to see if what I assumed to be true was the case. Indeed it was - insufficient funds in the bank.

Now I will let you draw your own conclusions. Innocent mistake with very convenient timing or blatent attempt to rip off a reseller? Perhaps some of you would applaud this either way.

I realize this post doesn't address the current issue but I believe it is an important fact that lends to the character of the thread starter.

Good Luck with your unlocks those of you who are innocent. I think MA/FPC just needs to communicate more and more quickly, that's their main fault here.

this thread gives me a serious case of the giggles.

:popcorn::popcorn:
Subscribing....

Will be an interesting outcome though since 'all trades are final'...... would think that anyone getting item from accidentally unlocked account could argue it's not their fault and that they had no way of knowing.

To OP.. .seems your bank obtained one or more of the items. What I don't understand.. well it's MA so I do :rolleyes:... but I see no reason for them not to just remove from your avvy the questionable item(s) and ped while the investigation goes forward. It's a bit different than a pvp trade as you can't control at all or know what item is being sold to your bank since it's an automatic trade. I'd contact and request that they do that immediately so you can continue business in EU. Seems like a reasonable temp solution to the problem but then reasonable and MA in same sentence doesn't always make sense.....

Edit:
Read what Mercury posted..... hmmm.. good insight! Also agree with MA being slow / lacking in their communications...

this thread gives me a serious case of the giggles.

More than giggles here. A one-sided story is posted and viola: the community is polarized and ready to fight each other. So sad...

How easy the masses are manipulated.

1) Diron posted on EF in this thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/selling/103585-selling-modified-bgh-4400m.html

Notice the Buyout of 120,000 PEDS.

2) He placed it into auction after he did not succeed selling it on the forum. The startbid and buyout were something like ~125k PEDS.

3) I visited this "bank" at Argus to check out what sort of loans it was giving. I visit all banks just to check up on them, sometimes giving alerts to the owners of mistakes (Neverdie can attest to this - believe or not I don't just exploit them). Upon my visit I checked out a few of my guns as well as other guns to see what their current offers were. The Foeripper, Modified Dar, Modified Mercenary, Improved Strikehammer, Improved mk2, and every other weapon there were all priced lower than 110k. Somehow the Modified BGH was priced at over 135k (closer to 140k if I recall correctly).

I then proceeded to attempt a loan on 1 of my guns in order to see if what I assumed to be true was the case. Indeed it was - insufficient funds in the bank.

Now I will let you draw your own conclusions. Innocent mistake with very convenient timing or blatent attempt to rip off a reseller? Perhaps some of you would applaud this either way.

I realize this post doesn't address the current issue but I believe it is an important fact that lends to the character of the thread starter.

I think MA/FPC just needs to communicate more and more quickly, that's their main fault here.

very interesting , hope this inst a case that we never end up knowing about.

still all the more reason to get your ass to MA office and sort it out in person.

but MA needs to think more BANK like , would a bank freeze 'all assets' and say nothing? there would be an instant open communications with both parties.

This statement is priceless and I just can't let it slip by:
believe or not I don't just exploit them
:laugh:

Somewhere in the many replies, there's a question about those long-time banned avatars and how they discovered they were no longer unable to login after the 10.0 release.
Do you really believe those known cheaters would use only 1 account? They didn't download 4GB just to test, they downloaded to keep playing because they never stopped (except with the banned avatar)!
Personally, I have no doubts those people have several accounts and are still relatively active in game, if not on this forum.

First off the argument that they are not involved or non-communcative or do not learn from their past mistakes are just not true... I personally think they've been too communcative and have given you a false sense of entitlement...

new to the game? have questions? dont know what to do? :scratch2:
:wtg: now accepting mentee's at sweat camp :wtg:

I certainly have my complaints about what they've done in the past but recognize that things may or may not have been doable for many reasons...

Almost 1 whole year in-game... gratz.

MA has only recently started to chime in and talk to the playerbase... in years past it was never like that. And I'm still quite the noob compared to those that played when MA said little to nothing to the players.

It's nice they do that now- but those who played long before you and I know what it was like then, and always fear it could return again.

Last edited:
Not that it is so important a detail toward this discussion but I never understood how the bank owners were suddenly not obligated to keep 1M PED in daily bank functions. After they were purchased the rules seemed to change. I personally may have bid had I known I could spend that 1 million PEDs elsewhere after winning the bank. Just an irrelevant sidenote in this conversation though.

new to the game? have questions? dont know what to do? :scratch2:
:wtg: now accepting mentee's at sweat camp :wtg:

;)
Not new to the game
All questions have been answered
Know exactly what to do
:scratch2:
Mentor at sweat camp
with no sweating allowed
now there's a scam

Last edited:
Can it be that the bank is used to laundry items? Avatar A has an item by illigal means. (Scam, exploit, botting, duping) He goes to the bank, gets a loan for the item and never pays back. Item is now laundried to the bank owner and Avatar A is free of the cursed item plus has a nice some of money.

Mercury said:
Good Luck with your unlocks those of you who are innocent.

Agree with Mercury here for 100%. The innocent unlocked, those who are not remain locked.
Funny how the community is always crying that scammers and exploiters are never locked, yet when some are locked the community cries riot and brimfire that we too can be locked.

:deal::rolleyes::deal:

;)
Not new to the game
All questions have been answered
Know exactly what to do
:scratch2:
Mentor at sweat camp
with no sweating allowed
now there's a scam

I think you missed the point. GL.

Does MA/FPC can just lock our accounts without any reason and without explaining themselves ?

I can't speak to "reason" in your question. I can state that when MA locked my account in the timeframe that I was organizing the VU 7.x sweat party protest, MA locked my account. I got no notice that the account was locked other than discovering it the next time I logged in. I wrote MA support directly and made inquiry, and their initial response was that I had violated the EULA.

I wrote back specifically asking what sections of it I had violated and by what action I had taken. They responded witht he number and letter of the EULA section.

I asked for clarification, specifically what had I done that violateed the spedicid section of the EULA. They declined to respond in any informative way.

Whatever is going on, I hope it is quickly resolved.

No...It's a lousy quote... history shows us the opposite... it is those who remember the past who keep trying to repeat it.... actually they hold us in the past long after it's expration date... and most often distort the present and future through the distorted lenses of history...

In reality you cannot repeat the past... and past is definitely not prologue and we always fight the last war...

NO!!! All learning depends on the past, from the very day you are born, and from the very clue we have from the remote history, all that information from the past is to get analysed and prosecuted to achieve any goal, even the present converts to the past the next micro second, and you can learn.

That is why MA can fix some of the bugs, or to “try” to be competitive to other MMO games by upgrading to CE2, and I'm not sure they did this efficient enough, I hope they learn from the present in the future.

want to keep going...? I'm really in the mood today...

I can agree with you sometimes like with some of your words in this thread, but take care your stomach, nerves, heart and mind, you are only human! And when words are many, transgression is not lacking.

Last edited:
From other recent events I wouldnt expect an MA "investigation" to come to any sane conclusion on whats a scam and whats ok.

Toss a coin, guess wrong and your locked, get it right and your free to scam away regardless of how plainly obvious its a con/theft :rolleyes:

Does that mean that all my and possible everyone's else investments are not safe by any means? Does MA/FPC can just lock our accounts without any reason and without explaining themselves ?

In a nut shell .. yup!

I hope it works out for you mate. Patience is probably your best bet at this point.

Well i dont know if someone have already said this as there is so many replies,

But it might be that someone have used stolen CC etc, to get item back from your bank. Meaning MA have locked you, to ease their work in tracking those peds. If i have understood right, they lock all accounts which have such peds to stop it spreading forward.

But imho MA/FPC wont just take your bank away from you. They are not stupid, and that means they dont do such actions. They might lose lots of future investors if they ban your account and the bank without very good reason.

When something big like this happens contact the real world media
that would make things go faster for sure
it''s a scandal that the communication is not there at all
you''ve got questions they have awnsers. if they dont want to give them to you perhaps a news reporter can get the info '

OK... let me ask a question here... does the owner of the bank have any say on who does a transaction there...? A scenario:

An avatar with the name of.... let's say... "Crafterz" ( :D ) goes into one of the banks. "Crafterz" decides to give up an item for loan... maybe a ModMerc. The bank teller handles the transaction based on what the bank owner has already provided, right? So if the bank owner has already set a loan amount at 15,000 PED for a ModMerc then the transaction takes place. The bank owner has the ModMerc and "Crafterz" gets 15,000 PED. If "Crafterz" defaults on the loan, the bank owner keeps the ModMerc.

Is that how it works...?

OK... let me ask a question here... does the owner of the bank have any say on who does a transaction there...? A scenario:

An avatar with the name of.... let's say... "Crafterz" ( :D ) goes into one of the banks. "Crafterz" decides to give up an item for loan... maybe a ModMerc. The bank teller handles the transaction based on what the bank owner has already provided, right? So if the bank owner has already set a loan amount at 15,000 PED for a ModMerc then the transaction takes place. The bank owner has the ModMerc and "Crafterz" gets 15,000 PED. If "Crafterz" defaults on the loan, the bank owner keeps the ModMerc.

Is that how it works...?

Well basicly yes.

If the loan time runs out, the bank owner keeps the item and the loan taker keeps the peds. But, if the loan has not runned out - the bank owner got no acces what so ever to the item.

Why don't people look into this stuff before taking out loans and putting so much money into a game? MA is not backed by a government, they have no requirement to pay anyone back, and they answer to no one. If they ever see it as more profitable to end the game, they will end it.

Next time if you want to invest a lot of money into something, talk to the people running the show. At least get some sort of contract saying that in the event of your account being locked or the game being shut down you will get something back.

hmm...

Wonder if this has to do with any scams, which resulted in people getting high level items that they they popped in to the bank?... If that is the case, it makes sense for MA to not talk until the scam details are worked out and stuff... but on the other hand, that does put the bank owner in a very high risk situation.

I will gladly buy the bank deed for 1 pec to take the risk off your hands. Just kidding, lol. ;)

I hope they resolve whatever issue that it is that caused this.

When something big like this happens contact the real world media
that would make things go faster for sure
it''s a scandal that the communication is not there at all
you''ve got questions they have awnsers. if they dont want to give them to you perhaps a news reporter can get the info '

That would IMO be totally stupid, at least without knowing at least SOME more details first :scratch2:

It could give some bad rep to EU that we are not even sure yet they would deserve...

So, let me get this straight.

A lot of banned avatars got unbanned by accident, with dozens and dozens of high end uber items, and gave them away/sold them, so that they wouldn't be locked anymore, and MA locked all the avatars involved in the trades?

Hmm, sounds like MA is trying to cover their asses economically, and the ubers asses. Imagine if 2 dozen+ imk2's or mod faps... or shadow sets... hit the market, especially right now. I'm positive we'd see some MAJOR price tanking.

Even to this day I don't understand why when an account is banned (not just locked), MA just doesn't give the TT value of ALL ITEMS to the account holder, then takes the items and puts them (f.ex.) in an ingame auction with SB 1 ped, 1 week timespan.

Guess I'm glad I don't have any of these guys on friends list, because if I got a msg from one of them saying, "Yo dude, I'm going away for a long time... but don't want to sell my imk2, want to use it while I'm gone?" I'dve said yes very firmly (I ever get one, it ain't being sold, ever!).

Well basicly yes.

If the loan time runs out, the bank owner keeps the item and the loan taker keeps the peds. But, if the loan has not runned out - the bank owner got no acces what so ever to the item.

OK... thanks, Xzion. My point it this:

The bank owner has no control on which avatar is using his or her bank. In my example above, let's assume there is a problem with the ModMerc "Crafterz" dropped off at the bank... maybe it was scammed, stolen, named as an item of interest in a support case.

Does anyone else see where I am going with this...? IRL, a bank owner (or worker at the bank) will examine the creditials of the customers. This does not happen in EU. It can't happen in EU. I suspect (can be read elsewhere) that some form of transaction took place at this bank with either suspect funds or suspect items. MA|FPC is doing the virtual reality version of "taking someone downtown for questioning". By locking the accounts, MA|FPC can be assured a dialogue will be started.

If someone was doing something illegal (or against the EULA) does anyone think that person would simply respond to an email from MA|FPC? Hell no... lock the account. That will certainly get them talking or the player in question will fade away (which is fine too).

Everyone bashing MA|FPC for their actions should consider this. After all, the next person saved from a scammer might be one of you.

EDIT:
So, let me get this straight.

A lot of banned avatars got unbanned by accident, with dozens and dozens of high end uber items, and gave them away/sold them, so that they wouldn't be locked anymore, and MA locked all the avatars involved in the trades?

We have a winner!!!!

They declined to respond in any informative way.

FREE AlphaGeek! FREE Noggin! FREE Mandela! FREE Aung San Suu Kyi! FREE Tibet!

FREE Hogglo with every Whopper!

Protect FREE Enterprise and the Entropia Dream!

:yay::yay::yay:

;)

Last edited:
Everyone bashing MA|FPC for their actions should consider this. After all, the next person saved from a scammer might be one of you.

meh, many of those bashing probably just looked for any excuse to bash MA...

Back